Session 22

Given the time of day, it seems best to stay at the hotel then head out in the morning. This leaves Esme time enough to dowse, on the beach under the cliff the gym sits upon. Naturally, being this close to a major power plant, the shards are yellow.
Esme rolled up 9#1d6: 3 3 3 4 3 6 1 3 1 (27) (Yellow Shards [1])
Esme rolled up 1d6: 3 (3)
Esme rolled up 9#1d6: 1 6 5 6 4 6 1 6 2 (37) (Yellow Shards [2])
Esme rolled up 4#1d6: 5 4 6 2 (17)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 1 (1)
[OOC] Esme: 11 Shards
As Esme returns to the party, she finds the hotel is indeed pretty nice. Tastefully decorated lobbies, keycard-operated locks, and quite a bit of automation on display to assist the hotel staff.
The party has been comped a full suite with individual bedrooms. Room service has just left after delivering dinner when there is a knock on the door, followed by the familiar glow under the door of one of Sensor's holoscreens.
Jack opens the door. "Heya Sensor."
Sensor is not there, but her screen is. "APOLOGIES FOR LATE HOUR. FRAN CURRENTLY DISTRACTED. WISH TO DEMONSTRATE MY TRAINING STYLE. IF BATTLE OKAY, WILL WAIT OUT FRONT."
Jack Layfield: "OH HELLZ YEAH!"
Jack bursts out the door, pokeballs in hand.
Sensor is there, blushing a little bit. "THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING. WILL BE FIRST REAL BATTLE AS APPRENTICE GYM LEADER. THAT IT WILL BE WITH YOU IS"
Sensor's screen hangs there, incomplete, for half a minute, before finally completing, "GOOD."
Jack Layfield: "This is weird to battle against pokemon trained by a pokemon, it's like something really deep and profound, but like, also radical."
The sun has set and the usual dinner crowds are out and about. Everyone knows to steer clear of two pokemon trainers squaring off, but a few rubberneckers are already gathering, apparently having recognized Jack and/or Sensor.
Sensor: "INDEED. AND TO TRAIN AGAINST THE STYLE I HAVE STUDIED. LET US DO THIS."
Sensor hops away a bit - to exactly the length of a League-standard pokemon battle field - and lets out a blitzle.
Esme is tagging along to watch! It's been awhile since she's seen a battle.
Sensor: "STUDIED YOUR RECORDS IN DATABANK - PLEASE DO NOT INFORM LUTHER. NOTICED YOU HAVE TWO POKEMON, SO THIS WILL BE TWO ON TWO BATTLE. I WILL NOT SWITCH, BUT YOU MAY."
Sensor: "LAST ONE WITH UNFAINTED POKEMON WINS."
Jack lets out Sandile. "Sandy, go!"
[OOC] WC GM: Since this is a faux-gym battle, trainers first. Given the speeds, init order is thus: Jack, Sensor, Sandy/Sneeze, Sensor's pokemon.
[OOC] WC GM: So, Jack first!
Jack Layfield: "Sandy, bite!"
[OOC] WC GM: No orders or other moves?
[OOC] Jack Layfield: agility orders actually
Sensor rubs her cheeks, then lets out a discharge aimed at her own pokemon!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 18 (18)
It hits…for no apparent damage, but the blitzle looks pumped up.
[OOC] WC GM: Lightning Rod -> +1 Special Attack CS
[OOC] WC GM: Sandy's turn.
Sandy dashes forward, fangs gleaming!
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 13 (13) (ac 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits, roll damage
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+23: 29 (29)
That was a heavy bite, definitely enough to injure the blitzle.
Sensor: "GROUND TYPE EXPECTED. COUNTERMEASURE PREPARED: FLAME CHARGE."
Jack Layfield: "Uh oh."
Even as the holoscreen announces it - accompanied by a rare "Amp" from Sensor's actual voice - the blitzle smiles, leans down, gets covered in flame, and charges - pinning Sandy in front - into a nearby street lamp, letting Sandy take the impact.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
…or trying to. Sandy shakes free at the last second, and the bliztle breaks the other way to avoid taking the hit.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Same orders from Jack, or any other action?
Esme snerks. "Good countermeasure alright."
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Same orders
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 15 (15)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Also at the end of last turn triggering stat link to boost sandy's speed one stage
Sensor unleashes thunder on her pokemon! It seems charged up just a bit further!
[OOC] WC GM: Sandy's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Keep gnawing at 'em Sandy, hit hard, don't give them time to ramp up!"
Sandy darts forward to bite again!
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (ac 2)
The blitzle barely dances out of the way, and counters with another flame charge!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 8 (8)
WC GM rolled up 1d8+15: 18 (18)
[OOC] WC GM: 24 damage after defense
The blitzle hops off Sandy's back, not hitting with full force but seeming to aim to hit more with that fire aura.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 3!
[OOC] WC GM: Still same orders from Jack?
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Is that enough for an injury?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, since it's exactly 50%.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Triggering perseverance to prevent the injury then.
Jack Layfield: "Stay in there Sandy!"
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 4 (4)
Sensor lets out another discharge, again pumping up that blitzle.
[OOC] WC GM: Sandy's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Sandy, come on, one more hit!"
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Bite
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 18 (18) (ac 2)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Flinches
[OOC] WC GM: Roll damage
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+23: 37 (37)
The blitzle crashes to the ground, Sensor recalling to pokeball moments later.
Sensor: "GROUND COUNTERMEASURES INSUFFICIENT. WILL HAVE TO REMEDY. PERHAPS WITH THIS."
Jack Layfield: "You really have got my style down Sensor, Hit hard, fast, and pray it works!"
A tynamo comes out, floating above the ground.
Sensor bows. "HIGH PRAISE ACKNOWLEDGED AND RECORDED."
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4!
[OOC] WC GM: Still same orders?
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Jack doesn't know how to shift strategy… or does he!
Jack Layfield: "Sandy… sand attack, blind it!"
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Same orders though
Sandy digs it's tail into the dirt, flicking it to kick up a wave of sand at the tynamo.
Sensor lets out another brief, "Amp!" , then follows up with a holoscreen, "YOU ARE INSPIRATION NOT JUST FOR ME. TYNAMO WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS TOO."
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 16 (16) (ac 2)
The tynamo floats above the sand!
And then divebombs Sandy, in a classic tackle.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 12 (12)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Tynamo has levitate…
WC GM rolled up 1d8+18: 23 (23)
[OOC] WC GM: Yep
[OOC] WC GM: 17 damage after defense
[OOC] WC GM: Round 5!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: DAMN MY SKIPPING GEN 5
Jack Layfield: "Ooops"
[OOC] WC GM: Same orders both sides, presumably
[OOC] WC GM: If so, Sandy's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Sandy, that's my bad for trying to be smart! Bite em!"
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 17 (17) (ac 2)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
[OOC] Jack Layfield: flinches
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+23: 34 (34)
This tynamo might hit hard but seems to have just as little defense as the blitzle. But it's not quite down yet…
[OOC] WC GM: Round 6! If same orders, Sandy again!
Jack Layfield: "Bite, keep it up!"
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (ac 2)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Chessa you bitch
[OOC] Esme: honk honk honk
The tynamo drifts barely out of the way, then loops around for another dive-bomb tackle!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 4 (4)
The loop is a bit too much, and grazes Sandy. The Flame Charge would have hit, but there is no flame aura here.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 7! Assuming same orders, Sandy's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Come on Sandy, hit 'em, we got this!"
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 10 (10) (ac 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
[OOC] WC GM: And even with a minimum damage roll…
The tynamo drifts out of Sandy's jaws to the ground, but is recalled before ground impact could happen.
Sensor: "DEFINITELY NEED TO IMPROVE COUNTERMEASURES."
Sam Spade: "Nicely done, Sandy!"
Jack Layfield: "Woooo!"
The XP share kicks in, as evidenced by the group's pokedexes. Was Tim even aware there was a fight out here? It seems that does not matter, so long as he and it are within range.
Jack Layfield: "And yeah, I had an advantage there because you couldn't use your strongest moves against sandy."
[OOC] WC GM: 12 XP per trainer, to be distributed among your pokemon as you please.
[OOC] Esme: UNLIMITED POWER
Sensor: "THIS IS EXPECTED. BUT A WORTHY ELECTRIC GYM LEADER MUST BE ABLE TO ACCOUNT FOR THAT."
Jack Layfield: "One more flame charge hit, Sandy would have been down, and Sneeze would only have been able to take a hit or two from electric moves."
Sensor: "ALSO INVESTIGATING LEGALITY OF USING MOVES ON OWN POKEMON."
Esme claps for the two participants. "Good match!"
Max Thorn: "Excellent work, Jack."
Sam Spade kisses Jack on the cheek.
Sam Spade: "Very well done!"
Jack Layfield: "So radical."
Jack Layfield: "Even if I had only one strategy."
Sam Spade: "Perhaps, but it's a strategy you're the best at. …So far, anyway…"
Sensor: "IF I MAY REQUEST, PLEASE SURVIVE SO WE CAN BATTLE AGAIN ONCE MY TEAM HAS BETTER COUNTERMEASURES."
Jack Layfield: "Uh, I will, thanks, I think."
Sensor: "ASSUMING SURVIVAL, PROBABILITY OF SUFFICIENT RADICALNESS APPROACHES 100%."
Jack Layfield: "It's good to know I have a cyborg pokemon to follow in my footsteps."
Sam Spade: "Um, Sensor, in regards to what you were wondering…I don't believe it is legal, no."
Sam Spade: "I've actually managed to master a few moves, but I can't use them in League battles."
Sensor: "HUMAN WITH MOVES UNEXPECTED."
Sam Spade: "…But if things…"
Sam Spade does a little head-tilt towards no one in particular, to show she's carefully NOT saying something…
Sam Spade: "…change, and you need to help defend the Gym against…some kind of…Team…"
Sam Spade: "…that'd be another matter entirely."
Esme: "Uuuusually direct interference beyond items isn't advised."
Sensor: "ACKNOWLEDGED, APPRECIATED, AND RECIPROCATED. INTENDING TO TRAIN JACK-COUNTERMEASURE POKEMON TO BE RIDABLE AS WELL AS GYM-WORTHY."
Sensor: "LEARNING FROM BOTH ELDER TOMMIZES, FOR DIFFERENT NEEDS."
Sam Spade: "Aha."
Sam Spade: "…Mr. Tommize…is a Pokemon Rider?"
Sensor: "TANK COMMANDER. POKEMON CAVALRY IS NOT QUITE TANK, BUT CLOSE APPROXIMATION. ACTUAL TANK - YOU SAW."
Sensor: "ACTUAL TANK INFEASIBLE."
Jack Layfield: "So that's why Mrs. Tommize wanted my parents to rebuild that mini-tank."
Sam Spade blinks
Sam Spade: "AHHHHH!"
Sensor: "MULTIPLE REASONS."
Esme: "Aahhhh?"
Max Thorn: "Some regions do give access to trained pokémon to traverse difficult terrain."
Sam Spade: "So that's what Jack's mom meant when she said the tanks weren't meant for Rotoms!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: I am remembering that, right?
Sensor: "RT TANK FOR ROTOMS. BUT POSSIBLE TO PILOT WITHOUT."
Sam Spade: "….Well never mind."
Sam Spade: "Um."
Sensor: "ONLY AVAILABLE TANK WAS ONLY AVAILABLE TANK."
Sam Spade: "When are we hitting the road? Every guess I make seems to wind up putting egg on my face."
Sensor: "RECOMMEND LEAVING IN MORNING."
Max Thorn: "More or less what we've been angling for, yeah."
Tim pokes his head out the hotel window, a floor above. "Hey, if you're done out there, your food's getting cold! If you're not going to eat it, Sands and I will!"
Sam Spade twists her mouth in mild frustration.
Jack Layfield: "NOT THE FOOD! TIM YOU MONSTER!"
Max Thorn snickers, then heads in.
Sam Spade: "Fine, then. I bet the food is going to be disgusting."
Jack and Sandy rush back inside
The room service is good room service. Esme gets the distinct impression that, were the group older, it would have included a small complimentary bottle of wine.
[OOC] WC GM: Forward to the next morning?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Works for me.
[OOC] Esme: sure buddo
Tim wakes the party shortly after dawn. "Let's get out of here before Luther gives us a parade out of town or something."
Sam Spade: "Mmmphgh?"
Sam Spade: "…mmmm…"
Sam Spade follows as soon as she's dressed.
Max Thorn 's already up and dressed and in the lobby.
Tim, once the party is up and preparing, walks past Max and peeks out the door, as if fearing a surprise celebration just outside. None is seen, though.
Max Thorn nibbles a ham'n'cheese kolache. "Relax. We'll be fine."
Esme sleepily gets dressed and makes her way down to the lobby, shoveling a handful papers into her backpack.
Jack is snacking on a breakfast burrito he is desperately trying to keep away from Sandy
Malta preens Sam's hair absently.
Once everyone is in the lobby, Tim gestures for the party to follow, then tries sneaking out of town. In broad daylight. It only works because no one else is on the street to see.
Max Thorn: "Tried giving her her own, Jack?"
Esme: "But then she'd have one less for herself, no?"
Max Thorn: "I'm sure the hotel would have been more than happy to supply more."
Tim relaxes once out of town proper. While there are signs of a subterranean power line, Route 4 is far more of a normal route than Route 3 was, though there is a paved road.
The first day of travel is uneventful, as plain as the surrounding plains are plain.
Sam Spade: "So, Dojoholm…"
Sam Spade: "….We're going to have to fight for our badges, aren't we?"
Day two sees a trek into some woods, and it is not long before the party sees marks on the trees surrounding the Route, as if someone or someones had regularly hit them.
Tim: "I had heard the Dojoholm gym leader is a bit…enthusiastic about making sure trainers and their pokemon are in sync."
Sam Spade: "That's…good?"
Tim: "And that he wears a mask, all the time."
Max Thorn: "…Hm."
Sam Spade: "…He's not a Pokemon, is he?"
Tim: "Anyone who wears a mask is up to something."
Tim gives Sam a look.
Sam Spade: "…Or perhaps he just likes the style?"
Tim: "…that's the rumor about Rustle Fields' gym leader, not Dojoholm's."
Max Thorn: "The only pokémon who can look completely human is ditto, as far as we've been able to determine."
Sam Spade: "Oh, okay."
Sam Spade: "…Remind me to ask Anna when she's in a more talkative mood."
As the party nears the far side of the forest, right around sundown, a chorus of timed grunts can be heard from up ahead.
Jack Layfield: "Whaaaaaaaaaaa."
Esme perks up at the grunts. She's been busy reading for most of the trek. "What's up?"
Sam Spade watches.
Sam Spade: "Teamwork, sounds like."
Max Thorn: "I'd guess 'training', actually."
Just beyond the forest are a few dozen Jaegers, judging by their dress, paired up with an equal number of girdurrs, each Jaeger going through an identical kata of punches and kicks blocked by the girdurr. A middle-aged man in a gi supervises the activity, nodding every so often.
Max Thorn: "Repetitive motion needs to be precisely timed if you don't want to hurt your partner, after all."
Sam Spade: "I've never seen a Jaeger with something other than a Sandshrew…"
Tim spies this and hides behind the party.
Esme: "That… is something different!"
The apparent sensei soon notices the party, but says nothing and resumes supervising the training.
[OOC] WC GM: Perception checks, all, please.
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d6: 11 (11) (what is being aware of your surroundings)
Esme rolled up 2d6+1: 7 (7) (See Stuff (1 AP))
Max Thorn rolled up 2d6: 8 (8) (Perception)
Sam Spade rolled up 3d6: 16 (16) (Perception.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: …Better than most of the rolls in my more trained skills.
Sam Spade: "Let's move on quickly, folks."
Esme and Max do not immediately notice anything unusual.
Sam Spade: "We don't want to distract them during their training and don't look at the two by the end."
Esme: "The two by the where?"
Max Thorn does look, but from the corner of his eye rather than by turning his head.
Sam Spade: "Quite, quite. I wonder if this type of training requires them to focus absolutely on what they're doing, or requires them to have an open mind that lets any words drift in."
Sam Spade: "Good to know that, if something came up, some of them are good with their fists and not just submachine guns."
It takes Max a moment even after they are pointed out, but he soon recognizes the two Jaeger trainers from the cave at the end of Route 1.
Sam Spade raises her eyebrows at Esme, wondering if she picked up on that.
Max Thorn: "Well. Ain't that wonderful."
Esme: "Ahh. Good to have some variety, oui."
Esme: "Best not to intrude!"
As if on cue, there is a burst of gunfire from ahead. A few of the Jaegers look that way, but the sensei guides them back into training quickly.
Sam Spade soothes Malta's ruffled feathers.
Max Thorn hmms, goes around - the side opposite from the two Jaegers who might recognize him.
Moving along, the party soon encounters a collection of sandslashes and sandshrews gathered around a few submachine guns. A machamp with slightly wrinkled skin - perhaps a rare elderly one - is gesturing along the guns and apparently addressing the Jaeger pokemon.
[OOC] WC GM: Pokemon Ed if you want further details.
Sam Spade: "…That's…."
Max Thorn rolled up 5d6: 12 (12) (Pokémon Ed)
[OOC] Max Thorn: gee, thanks, Chessa.
Sam Spade: "…Fascinating and also terrifying."
[OOC] Sam Spade: I KNOW RITE
Max Thorn: "Eh, bit more complex than that."
Esme: "Well yes, but at glance seems about right."
Max Thorn: "Picture yourself trying to teach something to a set of particularly dull students. Bit like that."
Sam Spade: "I stand by my statement."
Max Thorn: "The machamp's only getting anything across because they already kinda know what a gun is."
Jack Layfield: "Weiiiiird."
Tim: "Wait…so, the machamp's teaching THEM how to-"
Sands eyerolls and walks over to the class.
Tim: "Wait! Sands!"
Sam Spade: "Like I said. Only, emphasis on the terrify- oh no."
Esme: "I mean, I taught the Jaeger guys about shards, I get the comparison."
Sands interrupts the machamp with what can only be described as a lecture, in exasperated tones.
Max Thorn listens in.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Want another check, or…?
Max Thorn facepalms.
[OOC] WC GM: No need, your earlier one will do.
[OOC] WC GM: Also, Max has seen something like this before.
Max Thorn: "So…basically what's happening here is that Sands is the senior professor telling the TA to restate the subject in terms more familiar to the audience."
The other sandshrews and sandslashes do seem to be following along.
Tim: "…what?"
Max Thorn: "Think about that one for a bit. *That* is disturbing."
Sam Spade: "Um. In the context of an experienced firearms expert, or an experienced trainer of sandshrews?"
Sands ends the lecture by picking up the gun, pointing out the safety to the class, aiming the gun at the ground, squeezing the trigger to let off a short burst, then putting the gun back.
Tim just blinks.
Max Thorn: "The former, obviously."
Sam Spade: "I was afraid of that…."
Sands wanders back to Tim and puts on an innocent smile. Tim continues to just stare.
Max Thorn: "You're not fooling anyone, Sands."
Sam Spade: "Sands, why does - well, did, rather - Tim not know how well you know guns?"
Sands shrugs. "Shrew?"
Jack Layfield: "Why do I get the impression Sands is more dangerous than the average Sandshrew?"
Sam Spade: "Because in spite of the mask you like to wear, you're not an idiot."
Jack Layfield: "Prove it."
Sam Spade: "I don't need to. You do, all the time."
Max Thorn: "Contrary to popular belief, dumb ain't cute."
Sam Spade: "I dunno about that."
[OOC] WC GM: Well yeah. Jack's a Cool-type contestant, not a Cute-type. :P
Esme wiggles her palm. "Case by case, really."
[OOC] Max Thorn: :V
Tim: "Wh…Sands, is there anything else you haven't told me?"
Sam Spade: "Anyway. Since Sands isn't going to spill all of his secrets, we may as well keep going."
Sands nods.
Tim: "Like…oh, because you can't talk, right."
Sands nods.
Tim sighs and resumes walking.
Sam Spade pats Tim on the shoulder.
Max Thorn: "I dunno. Spend enough time with pokémon and you can learn how to read 'em. I can teach you, if you'd like."
Sam Spade: "Don't worry about it too much, Tim."
Sam Spade: "It's more fun when they don't want to tell you."
Sam Spade lets her eyes rest on Sands, a wicked glint in her eyes.
Tim looks up at Sam, not understanding.
Sands tries to act innocent.
Sam Spade: "Anyway, what kinds of Pokemon show up around here?"
Jack Layfield: "Yes let us discuss the extremes of radical other topics."
Tim: "Fighting types, of course. A few flying, psychic, and fairy types too."
Esme: "Probably the fighty variety?"
Esme: "Hmm."
Tim is reading from his pokedex.
Max Thorn checks his own pokédex for a listing of local fairies.
Esme pops out her dowsing rods, while checking the list of flyers.
Tim looks up at Malta. "Maybe we can get him a friend? Or a, heh, cheep date." He grins nervously at his own joke.
Sam Spade grins at the pun. It doesn't look forced at all. Sam's an expert.
Max Thorn groans.
Jack checks his pokedex for, against all reason, dark types.
Jack Layfield: "Cruisin' for a bruisin' if you're not careful there. Never go for the cheep laugh."
Sam Spade: "That's…not a bad idea."
Sam Spade: "Also, Jack, nice job on keeping the mask up."
Jack Layfield: "You know it brosev."
There are not many dark types native to the area. Fairy types are rare, but there are listings of a few nests - though the party's pokedexes' data on that is outdated; there might be more recent listings available in town.
Sam Spade flips through her own Pokedex, though it seems to stop quite a few times on one in particular.
Sam Spade: "…What are the chances of finding a torchic around here?"
Esme: "Hmm. What I'm looking for will have to wait a bit… just as well!"
Esme: "Torchic?"
Sam manages to find the entry about the alleged nest of flying types inside the corpse of a larger pokemon. That entry is old enough that, if it was true in the first place, the nest is probably not there now.
[OOC] Sam Spade: …But Torchic aren't flying types, and neither are their evolutions.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: But birbs)
Max Thorn pulls up a map and examines it…then looks up at the sky. "Let's camp and look in the morning, yeah?"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Birbs, yes, but…
[OOC] WC GM: The nest wasn't of torchics.
[OOC] WC GM: Other flying types.
Sam Spade: "Ah, sure."
[OOC] Esme: I was the one who looked up birbs, but I'm lookin' for a bug birb anyway
The sides of the road are clear again, and it is easy enough to make camp. The classes continue in the distance, apparently stopping around the same time.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah. Sam wasn't looking for it, but found it anyway.
[OOC] Esme: fair 'nough
[OOC] WC GM: So I assume Esme dowses for shards?
Max Thorn has dinner going soon enough. It's a potato-based curry and rice, with choice of tofu or beef to be mixed in.
[OOC] WC GM: You're close enough to Dojoholm that it's orange shards here.
[OOC] Esme: shardtown amoda aww yiss
Sands tries to be his usual playful self, but Tim gives Sands wary looks as he digs into the meal.
Esme rolled up 8#1d6: 5 1 1 4 4 2 1 6 (24) (Shards are cool)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 2 (2)
Esme manages to snag 4 Orange shards as they hang around camp, and figures that's good enough for now.
Morning breaks as each of the party feels a premonition of danger.
Sure enough, there is a Jaeger standing in the road, glaring at the party.
Tim is burrowed into his sleeping bag, and apparently Sands is sleeping underground.
Max Thorn pointedly ignores the fellow as he gets breakfast cooking.
Sam Spade: "Oooh, is that breakfast?"
Max Thorn: "Yup. The usual, though I've managed to find a waffle iron that actually works well."
The Jaeger loudly clears her throat.
Sam Spade: "Awesome! I never expected to have waffles on the trail."
Jaeger: "Hey! You're awake now!" She holds out a picture of Tim. "I need to know if you've seen this person. His pokemon was reported in the area last night."
Esme: "Oh good, it's been so long!"
Jack Layfield: "Yo, wazzup my Jag bro?"
Max Thorn: "Was a crime committed?"
Jack Layfield: "Never seen someone that wack before in my life."
Sam Spade: "…I sure hope he is, though. I mean, if his pokemon is here and he's not, that would be…"
Sam Spade cuddles Malta.
Jack Layfield: "Can I get a closer look at that, for realz?" Jack starts approaching the Jaeger person.
Sam Spade: "I know you'd be lonely, right?"
Esme looks up. "Non, rings no bells."
Jaeger: "Sure." She moves to hand over the picture.
Jack Layfield: As she does so, Jack headbutts her.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Jack uses strength!
Max Thorn facepalms.
Jaeger: "Ow! Hey!" She falls over backward. Jack notices her roller skates before noticing her skirt just barely manages to prevent him from looking up it.
Jack throws sandile's ball.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Am I going too far?
[OOC] WC GM: Nah.
The Jaeger scrambles to her feet and backs away. "Woah! Hey! I'm just looking for the missing kid, that's all!"
Jack Layfield: "And why is that? I get suspicious of Jaegers just trying to be helpful."
Jaeger: "Because his father's looking for him."
Sandy: "SANDILE!"
The Jaeger continues to back away.
Jaeger: "Look, if you haven't seen him, that's cool, no need to fight!"
Max Thorn: "Enough, Jack."
Jack Layfield: "Fine."
The Jaeger skates away as fast as she can, toward town.
Max Thorn: "Roust up Tim and let him know?"
Sam Spade: "I thought your father had sent you with us, Tim."
Tim peeks out once the lady is out of earshot. "…I…maybe exaggerated? A bit?"
Sam Spade: "And yet you were assigned to us by someone, or we'd be with another Jag - Jaeger."
Tim: "Yeah. Ah, heh, s-someone." He gulps.
Sam Spade: "And that one would be asking us where so-and-so was…but then she'd know that she should ask…"
Sam Spade frowns in thought.
Jack Layfield: "Tim did you assign yourself to us?"
Max Thorn shrugs, sets breakfast out. "Food's ready, so rise and shine."
Sam Spade: "So…we're clearly a group of trainers on their journey. Or we'd be in trouble for having multiple Pokemon."
Tim grins weakly at Jack. "Er…mayyybe…yeah?"
Sam Spade: "…But a group of novice trainers should have a Jaggie escort, and she should have been talking with said escort."
Jack Layfield: "Also does anyone have an icepack because headbutts hurt."
Sam Spade: "…Are we flagged as having an exemption or something?"
Esme sips some morning tea. "Well she might've asked, but she got headbutted."
Jack Layfield: "I knew you had it in you to break the rules Tim, good job."
Tim: "I mean, well, he s-said to stay safe, right? And I'm safe with all of you around."
Tim: "He even said to go with a strong escort. And you're strong!"
Tim: "I read your files before I picked you to go together as my t-err…"
Max Thorn lets Nootaikok out and pulls out a proto-icepack. "Nook, freeze this for me, please?" The vulpix chirrups, then draws in a lungful before blasting out a powder snow all over the icepack. He then chucks it to Jack. "Here."
Jack Layfield: "Yes I'm sure he intended you to go around with an escort of the children of his enemies." Jack takes the icepack, applying it to his head in the manner of a facepalm.
Sam Spade: "Well I'm not the child of their enemies…"
Sam Spade: "…I think."
Tim: "You were born in Amoda, right?"
Sam Spade: "Aside from that."
Tim: "Good enough."
Max Thorn: "My parents were very apolitical; they preferred to instead focus on ensuring their eevees went to people who would raise them right."
Esme ponders.
Esme: "Yeah, I definitely qualify. Dunno about the rest of the family though. Probably."
Tim frowns. "Your parents…" He shakes his head. "…nevermind."
Max Thorn headtilts, then shrugs. He cleans up the remnants of breakfast and packs up the tents. "Let's get a map update in town before we go pokémon-hunting, eh? Means we'll have better odds of finding ones of particular interest."
Tim: "Look, I just…" He bites his lip. "Please. I'm trusting you. I need you to trust me. Even…especially if what…WHO I think we're about to face, is there."
Sam Spade: "Your father?"
Sam Spade: "We'll try."
Tim: "And his partner."
Max Thorn: "However you want to play it, kid."
Sam Spade blinks.
Sam Spade: "…Um."
Sam Spade: "…That's…"
Sam Spade: "What we think it is?"
Sam Spade takes a deep gulp of water.
Jack Layfield: "Does it rhyme with Brewhoo?"
Tim: "Mewtwo, yes."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License