Session 33

Jack Layfield: Jack is overwhelmed by food. Sandy the Sandile is not, and greedily leaps onto the cart.
Max Thorn rescues his own breakfast from the cart before Sandy can render it unfit for consumption.
Chansey dashes back, apparently long used to such reactions.
Sam Spade: "Sandy…"
Jack Layfield: "Not again." Jack sighs and attempts to pull Sandy off the cart. A struggle ensues.
Jack Layfield: Sneeze the Sneasel pops out of his pokeball at the commotion, takes a glance at the flailing Sandy and Jack, and sneaks over by the cart to eat the scraps flying in all directions.
Max Thorn: "I'd suggest-*nomf*-grabbing your breakfast before there's nothing left that's fit to eat."
Chicklet peeks up from her own meal. She rolls her eyes at the struggle.
Antheia and Nootaikok are enjoying their own meals, though it doesn't take much to fill her relative to Nook or the other pokémon.
Esme gulps down some juice. "So what time does the contest start?"
Chansey produces a datapad with a registration form, pre-filled-out for Jack. One corner of the form notes that the contest is set for high noon.
The form needs a tap from Jack's pokedex to confirm registration.
Struggling with Sandy in one hand, Jack manages to reach over with the other and tap his pokedex on the form. Unfortunately for Jack, this allows Sandy to get loose.
Jack Layfield: "Aaaugh!"
Max Thorn: "By the way, Jack…we've got something to tell you, but it'll probably have to wait 'til after breakfast or we find a good, quiet spot where nobody can overhear us."
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Sam Spade: "…I'd sneak off with you, but I think we've wasted that excuse."
Sam Spade: "….Unless Esme…?"
Jack snags a sandwitch, and finally gives up on restraining Sandy. "What did I miss?"
Sam Spade: "Secret stuff about secrets."
Chansey gracefully unloads the rest of the cart, then wheels the cart out and closes the door, leaving the party all alone in a very soundproofed room.
Sam Spade: "But the contest - oh, right. Nurse Joy did say the room was soundproofed."
Sam Spade: "That works."
Sam Spade: "Anyway, Ignatia's a crazy, malevolent bitch who we're going to destroy."
Sam Spade: "But stage one is cutting off her plans here, which involve torching everything to make the grass pokemon stronger but more scared of fire."
Jack chews on his sandwich.
Jack Layfield: "Sounds like we could use some water pokemon."
Sam Spade: "Right now all we need to do is get her back to Fort Blaston where they can contain her."
Sam Spade: "And we're going to do that with a dance-off."
Esme: "Which you just signed up for!"
Jack Layfield: "Radical."
Sam Spade: "Chicklet's ready for it."
Chicklet: "Chick!"
Jack Layfield: "Hmmmm, Sandy's not coordinated enough for it. Sounds like a sneeze job."
Sneeze: "Sneasel sneas?"
Jack Layfield: "Yes you, I don't know any other Sneezes, do I?"
Chicklet: "Torch?"
Max Thorn: "To clarify on the whole Ignacia-is-a-crazy-bitch thing…" Max fiddles with his pokédex, then projects a slideshow onto the wall. It's a series of photos-the ones he took the night before.
Esme: "I mean, it wasn't much of a stretch to make based on what we knew previously."
Esme: "…but yes, the evidence does confirm."
Sam Spade: "Ah, evidence, how you make my heart flutter…"
Malta: "….Fletch?"
Sam Spade: "Hush you."
Max Thorn: "Different kind of fluttering."
Sam Spade: "Quite."
Sam Spade: "So…anything else we wanna do?"
Max Thorn: "Might as well get the day's training out of the way, especially if you want to practice your moves before participating in that contest."
Esme: "If the contest draws enough attention, I might be able to get around to disabling those other TM stations."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, but…"
Sam Spade: "Check with Di before you do that."
Sam Spade: "I'm all in favor of messing with Ignacia, but I'm not in favor of messing with the town or with, to some extent, the ninja."
Esme: "She says, entering a ninja dance contest to remove the Jaegers from town."
Sam Spade: "Again. I'm all in favor of messing with Ignacia."
Sam Spade: "As far as the ninja and town go, I'm entering a contest. That's not messing with."
Sam Spade: "It's not even really messing with the Jaggies, since the rest of them want Ignacia to calm down a bit, too."
Jack Layfield: "It's the same problem they seem to be having everywhere. For all they've taken over, they don't really seem to have a cohesive plan."
Esme tilts her head. "And that's… why you /want/ me to leave one of the parts of her plan intact?"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Do we have any evidence that they're a part of her plan?
Jack Layfield: "One hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing and all that kooky lame nonsense."
[OOC] Esme: I dunno man, how are machines that teach things fire blast part of a plan to make the plants grow bigger but more scared to fire
Jack Layfield: "So not cool of Team Jaeger."
[OOC] WC GM: You do indeed have evidence that they are part of her plan.
[OOC] WC GM: Specifically, to power up wild fire pokemon and get them to do the burning.
Max Thorn stacks up his and his pokémon's dishes, then heads out of the room (and the center) for training.
[OOC] Max Thorn: The photos Max showed you folks are direct evidence of the above, in fact.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Mmkay
[OOC] Sam Spade: Well, Sam's sticking by her statement. If the ninja are cool with the training system, then it should remain. The ninja are, after all, the immediate target of Ignacia's plan.
Sam Spade takes Chicklet and Malta out for some training, too.
[OOC] WC GM: You haven't asked the ninja if they are.
[OOC] Sam Spade: No, I asked Esme to.
[OOC] Sam Spade: I asked her to check with Di before she disabled the other machines.
Many Jaegers are in the street, apparently with the same thought. Most of them seem to be doing the same drills, with sandslashes or sandshrews, that the party has often seen Tim doing.
[OOC] Esme: Given the discussion she had with them when they like, first got here and complained about dodging Eruptions all day, she kinda assumed they weren't on board
[OOC] Esme: But yknow, sure, whatever
Esme shrugs! She'll go check in with Di after handling Gerv & co.
The gym is locked once more. There are no sounds or lights inside.
Neither Tim nor Ignacia are visible among the Jaegers outside.
Esme sighs. "Great. Now to find a ninja. Though I suppose they'll be in one area soon enough…"
[OOC] WC GM: Esme: Perception or Combat check.
Esme rolled up 2d6: 5 (1 4) ((Where you at))
WC GM rolled up 1d6: 5 (5)
A paper shrunken whips out of nowhere. Esme does not see it in time to dodge…but fortunately it lands point-first in her shirt between her breasts, to no damage other than a slight rip.
Esme looks around and frowns, before picking it out and unfolding it. "Knew the chain mesh was a good idea."
It is a crude map of the town, depicting the various TM stations. Most are circled in green, but two - in line of sight of the town's main road - are circled in red. Scribbled in red under them is, "If you please" .
Jack Layfield: "Oooh let me try! Ninja Ninja Ninja!" Jack turns around three times and spits.
[OOC] Sam Spade: My bad. I didn't mean to make Di attack you.
Jack Layfield: "Anything?"
A rubber kunai bounces off Jack's forehead.
Max (and Esme, if she looks) can tell this was probably made from sap from local trees.
Esme blinks. "Well good to know they're always watching! …I think."
Jack Layfield: "Ow, hey! You're just mad I figured out your secrets!"
Esme folds the note back up… though only into a square. Origami shuriken are the real witchcraft. "Well, there's one problem half solved."
Max Thorn snickers as Jack catches the rubber kunai the wrong way.
[OOC] WC GM: Anything else before the contest?
Esme: "Well, I'll leave the contest to you two. I'll get started on these! Maybe get my dowsing in while I'm at it…"
[OOC] Esme: Contest it up, I'll roll those later
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I'm good
[OOC] Max Thorn: Go for it. Max will be working with the Apricorns he bought.
Time passes. The Jaegers comment to one another, boasting about the dance - and then…
It is not that the clock strikes noon, though that does happen. There is a palpable, near (or possibly actually) psychic presence, drawing all eyes down the street, where a small army of green-clad ninja suddenly are, in formation.
In apparently choreographed synchronicity, they spin and point at the Jaegers, shifting to the left then right, then call out in unison, "It's time."
Sam Spade: "Chicklet, are you ready?"
Chicklet: "Chick! Chick."
Jack Layfield: "Sneeze, we got this."
Chansey comes out of the center with a table and chair, setting them up quickly. Nurse Joy soon follows and sits. "As the only, ah, unaffiliated resident, I guess I'm judging. Contestants, dance in front of me one by one when you are ready."
Sneeze: "Sneasel……snea."
The ninja and Jaegers proceed to do so, alternating turns.
Chicklet looks, a little nervously, at the ninja and jaggies.
[OOC] WC GM: Introduction Stage as qualifier: mechanically, roll one of Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition - most likely Intuition since this is a Beauty contest.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll the dice individually, since what matters is the number that come up 3-6.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Happily, Aer's recent tweaks mean that's not important anymore.
Sam Spade: "Introducing, in her debut role, Chicklet!"
Sam Spade is pretty sure she knows how to handle this, and Chicklet does a little introductory dance!
Sam Spade rolled up 3d6: 9 (5 1 3) (Intuition.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: 2 cute dice.
[OOC] Esme: Oh, neat!
[OOC] WC GM: 2 Beauty dice, actually.
[OOC] WC GM: And +2 Appeal points for using contest-appropriate skill. Means you start in the lead.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Oh, whoops, right~
Jack Layfield: "Alright Sneeze, show em whatcha got." Jack spins and strikes a pose, arms crossed. Sneeze copies his trainer.
Jack Layfield rolled up 4d6: 13 (6 5 1 1) (command)
[OOC] WC GM: 2 cool dice
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 16 (5 6 5) (Jaeger command)
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 11 (4 6 1) (ninja 1 charm)
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 13 (3 5 5) (ninja 2 charm)
Everyone except Sam, seemingly, is going for the cool or cute route. Even Jack is compared to the Jaegers; fortunately, he gets second place among them.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Ironically, Sam is better at cute, but~
And so the finalists are announced, along with their lineup: the Jaeger Haji, Jack, the ninja Blade, the ninja Petal, and Sam.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1! Order: Sam, Blade, Haji, Jack, Petal.
Nurse Joy: "Sam, start us off!"
Sam Spade: "Let's show these nerds what's up, Chicklet!"
[OOC] Jack Layfield: You just called Jack a nerd
Chicklet boots her performance a bit with an Ember!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: You have made a powerful enemy today, Sam Spade
[OOC] Sam Spade: Beauty - Steady Performance, 5d6, +1d6 for matching Contest, and I'm gonna throw one of my dice on top for seven.
Sam Spade rolled up 7d6: 29 (4 5 6 5 3 1 5)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Is Chicklet the Center of Attention, or just leading off?
[OOC] WC GM: Leading off. Haji's the Center this turn.
[OOC] Sam Spade: In that case, 2+5, 7 Appeal this round on top of 2 from before. 1 Voltage.
Blade stands strong, one of the few ninja who tried to be cool about it, and has his swadloon spin and spit out string shots like a lawn sprinkler!
WC GM rolled up 2d6: 10 (6 4) (3, -1 for clashing with contest type)
Haji holds up a sandslash, and has it do a defense curl around his arm.
WC GM rolled up 4d6: 11 (2 6 2 1) (Sabotage, +1 from his own dice)
[OOC] WC GM: 6 Fumble Points to Jack and Blade - but 1 Fumble Point to Haji himself.
[OOC] WC GM: Jack's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Hah, think you can stop us? Sneeze, show them you moves, quick attack!"
Sneeze dashes about, posing and doing sick flips.
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d6: 4 (4) (command, saving grace)
[OOC] WC GM: So, +1 Appeal, +1 Voltage
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I lose a fumble point for each voltage I have
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Cause saving grace
[OOC] WC GM: Right, but you start at 0 voltage
Petal tosses up her oddish to scatter sleep powder, then does a slow and leisurely limbo through the powder as if dancing between raindrops.
WC GM rolled up 4d6: 13 (4 2 2 5) (Inversed Appeal for 5d6, -1 for clashing type)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Well then I really screwed up then
[OOC] WC GM: That's alright; Sam's leading by a country mile.
[OOC] Sam Spade: That's because Chicklet is just THAT CUTE. CUTE ENOUGH SHE'S BEAUTIFUL.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Order: Blade Petal Jack Sam Haji
Blade's swadloon bug bites the air!
…it's not very effective.
WC GM rolled up 0: 0 () (1d6, -1 for clashing type, adjacent competitors have no voltage to drain)
[OOC] Sam Spade: So, Jack, could be worse.
Petal frowns at Blade, then spins with her oddish throwing out a sweet scent.
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 9 (1 6 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Jack's turn! Center of Attention time!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: oh boy
Jack Layfield: "Sneeze, these dudes are way less cool than you." Sneeze does a couple quick moves, then uses leer!
Jack Layfield rolled up 3d6: 13 (2 5 6) (excitement)
[OOC] WC GM: +5 Appeal, +2 Voltage
[OOC] WC GM: You already had 1 Voltage, so roll another 1d6
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d6: 4 (4)
[OOC] WC GM: +2 more Appeal, enough to turn your score positive
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's turn!
Sam Spade continues to dance, while Chicklet hops in front and sings a little tune!
Sam Spade rolled up 4d6: 8 (3 2 2 1) (Growl - Cool, Excitement. 3d6 + 1d6 voltage. +2 Voltage.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Well, +3 appeal and +2 voltage for a total of 12 Appeal, 3 Voltage, 0 Fumble.
[OOC] WC GM: Fortunately, not-CoA.
Haji continues that defense-curl-arm-pole-dance…combination, it could generously be called.
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 11 (2 3 6) (Sabotage)
[OOC] WC GM: 4 Fumble Points to Sam and Blade
[OOC] WC GM: End of round 2. Sam: Voltage 3 Appeal 12-4, Petal: Voltage 2 Appeal 7, Jack: Voltage 3 Appeal 8-6, Haji: Voltage 0 Appeal 0-1, Blade: Voltage 2 Appeal 3-10
[OOC] WC GM: Round 3! Order: Haji Jack Blade Petal Sam
Haji drops the arm-pole, seeming to realize he needs to do something like actual dancing. He throws down his sandshrew enough to shake the ground hard enough to bounce him up, then his sandshrew jumps up and throws him down hard enough to shake the ground a little bit. Never before has the party seen a trampoline used as metaphor in a dance.
WC GM rolled up 4d6: 14 (3 2 4 5) (Magnitude, Desperation, -1 for opposite type to contest)
[OOC] WC GM: Jack's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Sneeze, rock on!" Sneeze throws up one arm and starts headbanging. SO METAL. Then disappears from view, only to reappear on Jack's shoulder. Feint attack!
Jack Layfield rolled up 5d6: 11 (1 1 5 1 3) (smart desperation)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Ouch.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Well, at least you're not CoA right now…
[OOC] Jack Layfield: 3 ones when I use desperation, ;-;
[OOC] Sam Spade: ….yeah.
[OOC] Esme: Infinite sadness
[OOC] WC GM: At least he's still got a positive Appeal score…
Jack Layfield: Unfortunately for Jack, Sneeze's headbanging smacks him in the face.
Blade's swadloon busts out boomerang razor leaves, that they dance to evade as the leaves spin back again and again!
WC GM rolled up 7d6: 22 (3 1 5 4 3 1 5) (Steady Performance + 2 Voltage)
[OOC] WC GM: Blade's total Appeal is still negative.
Petal's oddish downs those leaves with targeted spurts of poison powder, withering them in mid-air!
WC GM rolled up 4d6: 8 (2 1 3 2) (Excitement, -1 for opposing type, +2 Voltage)
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's turn!
Sam Spade spins in a circle on one foot, while Chicklet spins the other way around, with a touch more fire for accompaniment!
Sam Spade rolled up 9d6: 24 (1 1 6 4 2 6 1 2 1) (Beauty - Steady Performance, 5d6 + 1d6 for matching + 3d6 for Voltage. +1 Voltage.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: +7 appeal, +1 voltage. 19 Appeal, 4 Voltage, 4 Fumble.
[OOC] WC GM: End of round 3. Sam: 4 Voltage 19-4 Appeal; Petal: 4 Voltage, 10 Appeal; Haji: 0 Voltage, 4-1 Appeal; Jack: 3 Voltage, 10-9 Appeal; Blade: 3 Voltage 11-12 Appeal
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4! Order: Jack Sam Petal Haji Blade
[OOC] WC GM: Jack's turn!
Jack Layfield: "Well this is ridiculous, Sneeze, POSE LIKE YOU MEAN IT."
Jack Layfield: Sneeze strikes a pose, leer!
Jack Layfield rolled up 3d6: 11 (3 3 5) (excitement)
[OOC] WC GM: +3 dice for Voltage
[OOC] WC GM: Also, if you want to throw in those 2 dice from the introductory stage, now would be a good time unless you're saving them for the last round.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I will
[OOC] WC GM: +5 dice, then
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d6: 8 (3 5)
[OOC] WC GM: +3 more dice, for Voltage
Jack Layfield rolled up 3d6: 9 (5 3 1)
[OOC] WC GM: +7 Appeal, +2 Voltage
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's turn!
Sam Spade takes a step back, while Chicklet hits the ground and starts getting down and dirty, flinging a bit of sand up in the air as she does…
Sam Spade rolled up 8d6: 29 (2 6 1 5 6 3 1 5) (Cute - Excitement, 4d6 + 4d6 Voltage. +2 voltage.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: +8 Appeal, +2 Voltage. New totals 27 Appeal, 6 Voltage, 4 Fumble.
[OOC] WC GM: Only +1 voltage since you've hit the 5 Voltage cap
[OOC] Sam Spade: Aww, okay.
[OOC] WC GM: Still, net Appeal > 20
[OOC] Sam Spade: Oh my yes~
Petal's oddish busts out stun spores in a brilliant array! Petal's expression shows she has certainly noticed she is getting out-danced…
WC GM rolled up 7d6: 19 (5 2 4 2 3 2 1) (Excitement + 4 Voltage)
Haji breaks out his arm-pole-defense-curl… "combination" with his sandshrew.
WC GM rolled up 3d6: 13 (6 6 1) (Sabotage)
[OOC] WC GM: 4 Fumble Points to Blade and Petal
Blade's swadloon tries that razor leaf boomerang dance again. It seemed to work…
WC GM rolled up 8d6: 36 (6 6 5 3 1 5 6 4) (Steady Performance + Voltage)
[OOC] WC GM: End of round 4. Sam: 5 Voltage 27-4 Appeal; Petal: 5 Voltage 15-5 Appeal; Jack: 5 Voltage 17-9 Appeal; Blade: 4 Voltage 21-16 Appeal; Haji: 0 Voltage 4-1 Appeal
[OOC] WC GM: Final round! Order: Petal Haji Sam Blade Jack
[OOC] Sam Spade: Haji did a bit of damage, but not nearly enough.
Petal's oddish lets up a spray of acid, and this time it and Petal really do dance through the raindrops, each one making a small pit in the street around them!
WC GM rolled up 9d6: 32 (6 1 2 5 1 6 5 3 3) (Steady Performance + Voltage, -1 for opposing type)
Haji lets his sandshrew dig, folds his arms, and starts dancing in place, raising one leg out in a kick just as his sandshrew pops up where that foot would have been.
WC GM rolled up 4d6: 20 (4 5 5 6) (Special Attention, -1 for opposing type)
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's turn! CoA!
Chicklet spins and dances and twirls while Sam gets WAY back. Then Chicklet lets loose a gout of flame…and CONTINUES TO SPIN AND DANCE AND TWIRL ON TOP OF IT!?
Sam Spade rolled up 14d6: 47 (2 5 3 2 1 5 2 2 5 6 4 4 4 2) (4d6 Exhausting Act + 2 Voltage > 2 + 5 Voltage + 2 remaining Beauty Dice + 1 Beauty Move.)
Blade just…stares, jaw open.
[OOC] Sam Spade: NIIIIICE. 1 fumble for 5 total… 16 appeal.
[OOC] WC GM: Blade passes turn, cementing his last place.
[OOC] WC GM: Jack's turn!
Jack, accepting that he can't beat that, jumps back and strikes yet another pose, pointing to the sky, mirrored again by a vanishing and reappearing Sneeze
[OOC] Jack Layfield: feint attack again
Jack Layfield rolled up 5d6: 17 (5 3 5 1 3) (desperation + how many more dice?)
[OOC] WC GM: +5 more dice.
Jack Layfield rolled up 5d6: 16 (1 4 3 6 2)
Nurse Joy: "And that does it! The winner is…Sam Spade!"
Max Thorn: "Woo! Nice job, Sam!"
Petal shoots an acidic GLARE of jealousy at Sam, then a lesser one at Jack.
Sam Spade: "Way to go, Chicklet!"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Enter Ignacia, stage right, to ruin things? :p
Chicklet is looking apprehensively at Petal.
Malta, however, hops down and starts to preen Chicklet.
[OOC] WC GM: Not yet. There's a side bit right now.
Jack Layfield: "Wow that was pretty frickin sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Sam."
Jack Layfield: "Dancing is radical but not extreme enough for me."
[OOC] Sam Spade: She's probably busy worrying about what happened to those two TMs that Esme in no way acquired.
While most eyes are on the dance-off, Esme finds the two stations designated for her. Across the street from one another, but very similar to what she disabled last night…save for padlocks on the TM components.
What does Esme do?
Esme: "Oh, they actually listened on the security thing. Oops."
Esme checks out the locks. How sturdy/complex do they seem?
They seem like typical padlocks - the kind Ignacia could have picked up last night.
Esme tries the old jury-rig approach then. She pulls out one of her smaller screwdrivers. Not exactly a lockpick, but should help, at least.
[OOC] WC GM: Guile check, I believe.
[OOC] Sam Spade: And if Esme's not up to it, Max probably is.
[OOC] WC GM: Also: 75 XP per trainer to distribute among your pokemon, from the contest. Includes both Sam's and Jack's rewards.
Esme rolled up 2d6: 8 (3 5) (Guile eh)
This padlock seems a bit beyond Esme's capabilities right now.
Esme frowns. Is the locked case still the only access point?
It is the only way at the TM, but Esme can easily get at the wiring, "adjust" the scale/pad so it will no longer trigger, hit the casing hard enough to pop out the TM within its case, or sabotage in other ways - some more creative, some more brutal and blatant.
Antheia glows and transforms, gaining in size before she stops glowing.
The Jaegers next to Max step back. Everyone nearby, it seems, recognizes an evolution in progress.
Max Thorn: "Oh, excellent work, Antheia!"
Esme squints, and decides to fiddle with the wiring. Shorting out the system is probably (definitely) less obvious than just taking the TM like last time, anyway.
Jack Layfield: "AAAAAAAH!"
Jaegers: "What…but that pokemon didn't participate!" "Look who its trainer is. That's one of Tim's." "And?" "Didn't he 'borrow' that experience sharing…?" "Wait, that wasn't just a joke? I thought that device didn't actually exist." "Well he sure took SOMETHING from that lab."
Esme rolled up 5d6: 13 (2 2 1 3 5) (Mebbe some Technology works)
[OOC] WC GM: Was about to ask for that.
A bit of inspection, a simple tug, and Esme is certain that power has stopped traveling through the device, rendering it inert.
[OOC] WC GM: Doing the same to the other one? If so, another check.
Esme rolled up 5d6: 17 (5 1 4 1 6) (Stopping Some Scales)
Having disconnected the one, Esme finds the other even easier…just as a shadow looms over her.
Ignacia peers at her, then inspects the TM cases. "Hmm…still there…" She turns to peer at Esme again. "I don't know what you're up to, but come along, your friends are…dancing."
Sam Spade: "So, wait. Did that count as the Jaegers winning or the ninja?"
Esme: "A-ah. Just curious about the design! Very intriguing."
Jack Layfield: "That counted as awesome."
Nurse Joy: "Neither. You won! And here is your Pollen Ribbon!" She hands Sam a ribbon with a sprinkles motif, as if the ribbon was somehow made of pollen.
Ignacia smiles. "Oh? I should hope so. It is my own design."
Jaegers: "Yeah, but we lost." "So we'll keep our word." "You ninjas better do the same!"
Jack Layfield: "So wait, now what?"
The ninjas look at each other, as if communicating with their eyes alone, then glare at the Jaegers and disappear in smoke bombs…except, this time the "smoke" is clouds of leaves.
Jaegers: "…huh." "Well, I guess…" "Heh. Kept their word to the letter. C'mon, Team Jaeger, we return to Fort Blaston!"
Sam Spade: "….Um. I did not mean to force both of them out."
The Jaegers begin to filter out to the northeast.
Sam Spade: "Hey, Ignacia, seems like your crew is leaving without you. But then, a bet is a bet…"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Assuming this is timed as Ignacia and Esme approach…
Ignacia looks at the commotion from down the street with Esme, then double-takes. "Wait! Waaait!" She grabs Esme's arm and runs up to the scene.
[OOC] WC GM: It is.
Sam Spade: "Whoa there, miss Gym Leader from Another Gym, no need to go yanking on a poor little rookie trainer's arm!"
Sam Spade glowers at Ignacia, not letting any fear show on her face.
Esme is not even going to try to resist being dragged along. "This is fine."
Tim slaps Ignacia's hand, freeing Esme. "HEY! Don't. Touch. My. Trainers."
Jack Layfield: "Uh oh."
Ignacia rubs her hand and GLOWERS.
Tim stares back, but the party can see him sweat.
Esme carefully uses this moment to slip over to the party.
Jack Layfield: "Oh don't be that way Ignacia. I want you to be there at the fort so we can kick your ass and take your badge."
Sam Spade: "Hey, Esme."
Sam Spade: "Now, Jack. We'll only be kicking her ass if that's how she has the Gym Battle set up that way."
Sam Spade: "….That said…."
Ignacia turns up her nose. "Hmph! Well. It would seem promises have been made on my behalf."
Ignacia looks at Sam and Jack. "And perhaps you had something to do with it."
Sam Spade: "Hey, we're rookie trainers. All we did was participate in a Pokemon Contest."
Sam Spade: "Which, you know, is kind of part of our job under Team Jaeger's leadership."
Ignacia: "Perhaps. Though I find it odd that you arrived and then suddenly this town had its first contest since…"
Ignacia stops suddenly, and smiles.
Sam Spade: "Yeah, not many trainers come this way, huh."
Ignacia: "Tell me. Have you ever heard of…raidertanks?"
Sam Spade: "Heard of? Yes. Seen? Probably not."
Jack Layfield: "Nope never seen one in my life, no idea what they are, and I've never even heard of an electric ghost pokemon."
Max Thorn: "Rumours."
Jack Layfield: "You have no idea who I am do you?"
Sam Spade: "There was something that *might* have been a raider tank, but it got smashed flat by an angry Legendary."
Max Thorn beans Jack with a freshly-cored Apricorn.
Jack Layfield: "Ow!"
Ignacia eyes Jack, then stands up tall, the back of one hand covering her mouth. "Ooohohohoho! Then yes, I have a gym challenge just for you! Come, I shall even accompany you to Fort Blaston!"
Tim visibly gulps.
Nook fetches the Apricorn and drops it in Max's lap, and gets earrubs for being a good boy.
Sam Spade casts a look at Tim.
Jack Layfield: "Bring it on lady."
Sam Spade: "I get the feeling…that we need to know if we can beat this challenge if we're going to keep the promises we've made…"
Sam Spade: "…Also I can't stand the thought of not getting a Badge."
Jack Layfield: Jack cracks his knuckles.
Max Thorn: "I dunno. I'm sure we're up for it."
Sam Spade nods slowly to Tim. He did warn them about this part…
Max Thorn: "Never let it be said that a Thorn welches on a promise."
Ignacia: "I'll tell you what it is once I am at my gym. It's only proper. Let me get my things, and I shall meet you at the start of Route 6 when you're ready." She heads into the center.
Sam Spade: "…Tim, should we go now before she's packed?"
Tim: "…that…would probably make things worse."
Max Thorn: "…Although I will at least be /by/ your side. Rather than in hers."
Jack Layfield: "Tim, stay calm, we got this."
Sam Spade: "Damnit, I really wanted to talk to Rese again."
Tim: "Just, uh, maaaybe let her lead so her eyes aren't on you?"
Tim: "We can come back…later."
Max Thorn: "Give Malta a message to drop off?"
Sam Spade: "…I don't think she's in a mood to read…"
Max Thorn converts the last of his Apricorns into a proper ball.
Sam Spade: "But while I'm at it, I will write a quick letter to Anna."
Max Thorn: "Won't know if you don't try."
Sam Spade does that, at least.
[OOC] WC GM: Leaving it at the center? Malta only knows where the ninja village was; it isn't there any more.
[OOC] Sam Spade: …Crap. Will that help? Or did the ninja agree to not come back to the village, seeing as how they lost the dance-off?
[OOC] WC GM: They agreed to "leaf". They have done so. There was nothing in that about not coming back. Though, technically, the Jaegers never agreed to not return, either.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Aha.
[OOC] WC GM: So this is more of an extended truce to defuse building tension.
[OOC] Sam Spade: In that case, yeah. Leaving the letter for Anna at the Center…or, wait, no. Sending it via 'Dex.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Could ask her to tell Rese something.
[OOC] Esme: Send pics
No connection can be made to Anna's pokedex. This suggests she is somewhere in the grass, at least.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Well, hopefully Pokedex has standby messaging.
[OOC] WC GM: It takes long enough that Sam gets a bounce message.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Also, Sam's pretty sure Rese needs interaction, not just a message.
Sam Spade: "Well. Time to go take a nap next to a burning fuse."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Personally, those work as ending lines.
[OOC] WC GM: Fair enough.
[OOC] Esme: gonna roll some dowses before you vanish into the mist
Esme rolled up 10d6: 35 (4 5 3 3 2 4 6 4 2 2) (Dowse 1/3)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 4 (4) (Dowse 1/3)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 41 (5 4 4 3 5 3 4 6 6 1) (Dowse 2/3)
Esme rolled up 2d6: 12 (6 6) (Dowse 2/3)
Esme rolled up 2d6: 8 (5 3) (Dowse 2/3)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 24 (4 4 4 1 2 3 1 2 1 2) (Dowse 3/3)
[OOC] Esme: moar shards
[OOC] Esme: 19 Green
[OOC] Esme: Wait, so we finished Rustle Fields right
[OOC] WC GM: Right. +1 trainer level.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License