Session 34

The road out of Rustle Fields should be near-covered in grass. No vehicle traffic has been able to make the journey in a while. But when you reach Ignacia, for several meters around there is only char; she is just recalling her pokemon as you arrive.
The char leads all the way to the start of the forest ahead, and even the closest few trees are blackened as if they have just been through a forest fire.
Far ahead you see the other Jaegers, catching their breath just past the singed zone.
Ignacia: "There you are. I was getting…bored, so I decided to clear the path somewhat."
Sam Spade raises an eyebrow. She finds Ignacia somewhat terrifying, but would almost rather die than admit it.
Esme frowns, and considers that it was probably a good thing she took the time to prepare some more protective gear before showing up.
Sam Spade: "Mmm. And throw in a bit of discipline, I see?"
Ignacia: "Hmm? Oh, you mean them?" She gestures to the Jaegers ahead. "No, I was confident they could outrun flames if properly motivated. And they did!"
Sam Spade: "Yes, I can see that…"
The other Jaegers get a look somewhere between ire and panic at those words, and file off into the forest ahead.
Ignacia: "Let us be off, then." She begins slowly, purposefully walking ahead - though the party gets the feeling she is watching as if through eyes on the back of her head.
Sam Spade follows.
Esme likewise. They're kind of along for the ride at this point.
Once in the forest proper, the path opens up, though there is still the occasional intruding branch or root from adjacent trees. Ignacia frowns at them, and sighs. "If I could safely clear these for you I would, but you know what would happen, don't you?"
Sam Spade frowns.
Esme: "An idea or two, yes. We'll be fine!"
Ignacia is the only member of the party who is having any trouble with the protruding wood.
Ignacia: "So tell me, have any of you traveled beyond Amoda yet?"
Sam Spade: "Not yet, no."
Esme: "Non. Though plan to."
Sam Spade: "Tim wanted to show us Dojji…"
Jack Layfield: "Seems like kind of a dump out there."
Ignacia: "Oh? Good fortune: I'll tell you the details once we're there, but I'm thinking a little fetch quest, just a little something to retrieve from Dojji."
Sam Spade: "….You want us to bring a raidertank?"
Ignacia: "Well…maybe not *that* little. A raidertank? Hmm…it's been a while since I've seen it, but it might be slightly larger than a raidertank."
Esme: "Reassuring!"
Jack Layfield: "So a tank."
Jack Layfield: "Full size."
Jack Layfield: "Wicked."
Sam Spade: "…Seems like bringing it back might be a problem, though…"
Ignacia: "A component. I'll tell you once we're there. But I'm not sure I can allow Tim to go with you; I have…need of him."
Sam Spade: "You're taking us to Dojji?"
Sam Spade: "Right now?"
Sam Spade: "That seems…"
Sam Spade frowns.
Jack Layfield: "I think you want to phrase that in a less totally wacked out gross way Iggy."
Sam Spade: "…Aren't we supposed to be following our Pokemon Journey right now?"
Esme: "No, we're going to Blaston right now."
Esme: "…Which happens to be right next to Dojji."
Ignacia: "I'm taking you to Fort Blaston. From there you will head north to Dojji."
Ignacia: "And this will be your gym challenge."
Sam Spade catches the correct word there. Phew! Iggy is not planning to accompany us there.
Ignacia: "You will need to trek through the desert. Tim! Tell them how to survive, would you please?"
Tim: "…the first rule of surviving in Dojji is, don't go back to Dojji, ever."
Sam Spade listens intently to Tim.
Sam Spade: "Huh."
Tim sighs. "Buuut if you have to, ALWAYS bring a vehicle, and make certain it stays working. Move fast and you can avoid the raidertanks. If you're on foot far from a shelter you're dead, even if you don't know it yet."
Jack Layfield: "Awesome."
Tim chuckles. "Yes, Jack. Speed is life, there."
Jack tilts his head.
Jack Layfield: "It's not like raidertanks are that slow though."
Sam Spade: "We're not going there after a raidertank, though."
Sam Spade: "It follows that there's something there that's bigger but slower and scarier."
Tim: "They're slower than a good hoverbike. And faster than you can run."
Esme: "I should really look into one of those…"
Tim: "Oh, there's definitely that. Mega Raidertank, mainly. Good thing there's only one of that."
Esme: "Mega?"
Tim: "Yeeeah. No one's sure quite what's up with it, but it's, well, a giant raidertank, and kind of their mother apparently?"
Esme: "Huh."
Jack Layfield: "So the command and control unit."
Tim: "More like where they keep coming from. They're all rotoms; they don't need central control. But if they stopped spawning we could eventually take them out."
Tim: "So, less command and control, more queen of the beedrill nest.
Jack Layfield: "Which raises the question, if Team Jaeger is so smart, why haven't they taken out the Mega Raidertank?"
Tim: "Did I mention it's big?"
Sam Spade: "What did you want us to take from it, Iggy?"
Tim: "Like, a small mountain? And waaay armed."
Jack Layfield: "That's defeatist talk Tim, and you know it."
Ignacia: "Fine, fine, you've guessed. Just its eye."
Tim stumbles and halts.
Tim: "…it's not like you to joke."
Ignacia giggles. "And that IS the joke. But your reports said your trainers are capable."
Tim boggles. "That…that's a death sentence and you know it! The EYE of MEGA RAIDERTANK?!?"
Sam Spade: "…….huh."
Tim stumbles to catch up. "C'mon! Give them something that's remotely possible!"
Jack grins widely
Sam Spade: "Why would she start now?"
Jack Layfield: "I'll make it possible."
Ignacia turns around, smiling sweetly at the party as she walks backward. "Well? What do you say?"
Sam Spade: "In any case, we don't know that it's impossible…"
Jack Layfield: "You don't scare me at all Iggy."
Esme rubs her chin. "Haven't seen it yet. Can't make an assessment."
Ignacia: "There, see?" She turns around, walking forward again. "They rise to the challenge, like bread in an oven!"
Jack Layfield: "What is it with you Iggy and cooking references."
Sam Spade: "Heat turning something possibly inedible into something delicious?"
Sam Spade: "It's the only cons-"
Sam Spade: "….Um. Positive connotations."
Jack Layfield: "Are you trying to make me hungry, because it's working you monster."
Sam Spade: "….Well played, Jack. Well played."
Ignacia: "Ooohohoho~. But I forget, you ARE growing boys and girls." She rummages in her pack for a moment, then tosses Jack a small loaf of sweetbread without looking.
Jack snatches it out of midair.
Which is when Sandy chooses to pop out of her pokeball and strike.
Seizing the snack in her jaws, Sandy runs off ahead, Jack in pursuit.
Jack Layfield: "Every time! WHY YOU LITTLE!"
The forest around Route 6 seems remarkably quiet. Aside from the party's, there are no sounds of any wild pokemon, or any movement whatsoever.
The party passes an odd-shaped tree, almost like a weeping face mask. This was part of the drawing of Route 6 on Ignacia's parchment.
[OOC] WC GM: Is there anything anyone wants to do during the trip? Other than training XP, and shards for Esme of course.
[OOC] WC GM: Call it a 3 day journey, mostly forested therefore green shards.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Not really, especially since we've already covered no capturing.
[OOC] WC GM: Just making sure. Add 3 days' training XP - and Esme, go ahead and roll dowsing.
[OOC] Esme: hoo boy
Esme rolled up 10d6: 40 (6 4 3 1 6 3 4 5 2 6) (Day 1 [1/3])
Esme rolled up 3d6: 10 (5 2 3)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 32 (2 5 1 5 1 5 6 1 1 5) (Day 1 [2/3])
Esme rolled up 1d6: 1 (1)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 35 (1 2 5 5 2 3 3 3 6 5) (Day 1 [3/3])
Esme rolled up 1d6: 5 (5)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 37 (1 6 3 2 1 6 4 4 4 6) (Day 2 [1/3])
Esme rolled up 3d6: 10 (1 3 6)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 2 (2)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 41 (4 1 3 5 3 6 6 6 1 6) (Day 2 [2/3])
[OOC] Esme: fuck
Esme rolled up 4d6: 10 (4 1 3 2)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 35 (5 6 1 6 3 1 3 4 5 1) (Day 2 [3/3])
Esme rolled up 2d6: 10 (5 5)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 42 (4 6 3 2 5 6 3 3 5 5) (Day 3 [1/3])
Esme rolled up 2d6: 8 (6 2)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 6 (6)
Esme rolled up 10d6: 36 (2 5 5 5 4 3 5 2 4 1) (Day 3 [2/3])
Esme rolled up 10d6: 40 (6 4 5 5 3 4 6 2 1 4) (Day 3 [3/3])
Esme rolled up 2d6: 7 (6 1)
Esme rolled up 1d6: 5 (5)
Ignacia: "What DO you plan to do with all those…little things?"
Esme has amassed a…decent-sized bundle of 61 shards. Her biggest haul on a route so far.
Esme: "Oh y'know. Trinkets."
At last the forest breaks. Esme sees a 62nd shard up ahead, just lying in the open, twinkling in the sunlight, but before she can move Ignacia stops at the edge of the forest and raises an arm in Esme's way.
Ignacia: "Indeed? Well. Better than the pranks, I guess."
The shard ahead begins to glow.
Beyond the forest is bare dirt, with craters here and there. An hour or two up ahead is the base of a mountain range.
Sam Spade raises an eyebrow.
Off to the right (east), the range seems artificially smoothed, into a sheer wall.
Esme: "Hrm."
Suddenly the glowing shard explodes, adding another small crater to the landscape!
Sam Spade: "Huh."
[OOC] WC GM: Athletics checks, all, vs. 10 or be knocked on your rear.
[OOC] WC GM: No damage, though.
WC GM rolled up 2d6: 9 (3 6) (Tim)
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 16 (5 4 1 5)
Tim does not keep his feet, and winds up sitting on Sands, to Sands' displeasure.
Sam Spade rolled up 1d6: 6 (6) (Athletics? HA)
Sam Spade does not keep her feet, either. Chicklet cheeps in outrage as she is dislodged from her shoulder.
Esme stands firm! She edges up to check out the newly-formed crater.
Ignacia does not seem to register the rumbling ground, though she does at least lower her arm.
Jack Layfield rolled up 4d6+2: 16 (3 4 6 1)
The crater is hot - steaming, briefly - and very smooth, until small bits of dirt crumble from the top, not structurally able to maintain near-vertical walls.
Jack Layfield: "Woaaaaaaaaaaah."
More explosions come from up ahead - oh, THERE are the other Jaegers, skedaddling as if through a delayed-reaction minefield.
Sam Spade: "….Pranks, huh."
Ignacia: "Hmph." She resumes walking - slowly, stately.
Sam Spade stands up and wipes the dust off her trousers.
Jack Layfield: "Is this really the safest path?"
Jack Layfield: "Because it's so cool."
Ignacia: "Our friends have disarmed the path, for the time being."
Ignacia: "I'll not spurn their favor, this time."
Sandy scrambles onto Jack's shoulder, no longer trusting the ground.
Sam Spade: "That's…nice…"
Sam Spade frowns a little in confusion. She really has no idea how to respond.
As the party proceeds, the "artificial cliff" turns out to be a concrete wall, easily 10 meters tall.
It stretches for kilometers, until it meets the mountains on the far side. It is completely featureless save for a symbol engraved in its dead center, over a doorway large enough for most large pokemon to casually stroll through.
[OOC] WC GM: The symbol being the flame symbol, on the front cover of the PTU core book.
Sam Spade: "…….Huh."
Jack Layfield: "Cooooooooooooooooooooool."
[OOC] Jack Layfield: The fire energy card from the CCG!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: We got pokeman cards here!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Trade you for Charizard)
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, well. There's a symbol like this somewhere in each city; this is the first one you've seen to display it this prominently.
Esme: "Neat!"
Jack Layfield: "This the fort?"
From the pokedex maps - and seeing the open doorway from the side - you can tell this wall is about a couple meters thick.
Ignacia: "This is the southern wall. The fort lies beyond, up to the northern wall."
Sam Spade: "Big."
Esme: "Very." She snaps a few shots.
It does indeed take a few hours to reach the doorway in the wall. All the time, the wall looms higher and higher, more and more massive.
As the party nears the door, a voice comes out. "Identify yourselves!"
Ignacia summons a large charizard - about 3 meters tall - who does indeed casually stroll through the doorway, not even ducking, before letting loose an Incinerate.
Sam Spade sighs.
Jaeger: "Identity…confirmed…*cough*"
[OOC] WC GM: Focus or Intuition, anyone who wishes to ID the voice
Sam Spade rolled up 5d6: 16 (2 2 6 1 5) (Focus)
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 12 (2 1 2 6)
[OOC] Esme: Focusssss
[OOC] WC GM: Sam succeeds, Esme gets partial info. Results PMed.
Sam Spade: "….How did a jaggie who was doing training in Dojoholm get here before us?"
Esme: "Seems…oddly…what's that word…nostalgic?"
Sam Spade: "Concerning, more like."
Sam Spade: "Ah, well."
[OOC] WC GM: Any further reaction, or going through?
Sam Spade hesitates, then smooths the recognition out of her face and walks through blithely following Ignacia.
Esme: "It'll be fine, probably!"
Fortunately, the guard seems a bit too charred and fainted to recognize anyone further for a short while.
Esme: "See?"
Now that you see her, though, you definitely remember her with gun in hand pointed in your direction.
Sam Spade uses that iron focus…
On the north side of the wall, there are a few buildings scattered about, then a few hanging cable cars - oversized for humans, but correctly sized for that charizard - with routes stretching off to the north.
Ignacia: "Go ahead and explore - first time visitors often do - and I'll see you at my gym to formally issue the challenge when you're ready. Please don't keep me waiting more than a day or so. As for YOU…" She grabs Tim's arm with force and practically kidnaps him toward the cable cars, Sands in delayed pursuit.
Sam Spade hesitates.
Sam Spade: "Um. Should we…"
Max Thorn: "We should make whatever preparations we need, frankly. I don't want Tim in her clutches any longer than is necessary, of course, but…"
Esme: "Might as well, as you would say, 'case the joint'? Not like there's much else to do."
Sam Spade: "True."
The party's pokedexes beep. Apparently, local map data has been received.
Sam Spade scans the map. Most of it's lost on her. She resolves to follow someone else.
Fort Blaston apparently exists in three districts: one each clustered behind each wall, and one - with the gym - in the center of the pass. Each district has its own combined pokemart and pokemon center - a little generous for the sparse population. One can journey on foot between districts but it would be 2-3 hours' hike; the cable cars make that just a few minutes.
Sam Spade: "Well, we have a few days to explore."
Sam Spade: "Less if we don't want to anger Iggy, I suppose, but then we wouldn't call her Iggy."
Known wild pokemon nests are marked on the map - unsurprisingly, up the mountains or in caves between the districts.
Armories and training centers dot each district.
Max Thorn checks the nests out. Any houndours?
Esme: "I'm gonna go check out the armories!"
There is a rather large "Refugee Intake Center" in the northern district.
It takes a bit of scanning, but Max soon finds a nest not too far from the southern district with houndours and houndooms listed.
[OOC] Sam Spade: AKA Jaggie recruiting center?
[OOC] WC GM: Yep
[OOC] WC GM: You're pretty sure, anyway
[OOC] Sam Spade: The possibility of being wrong is large enough and interesting enough that it's on Sam's list to check out. Any Noibat nests, though?
Noibats can be found in a cave uphill from the nest Max is looking at.
Sam Spade muses softly to herself.
Max Thorn makes a note of it.
In the nearest armory, Esme finds guns. Lots of guns. Mostly of the same model those Jaegers in the Route 1 cave were wielding, though she also sees "Elemental Ammunition" cases.
Max Thorn glances at Sam. "Do you want to go up before or after hauling her arse?"
Body armor - of various types concealable under a Team Jaeger uniform, or possibly most other clothing - is also on display.
Sam Spade blinks, confused.
Sam Spade: "Oh. You mean Iggy?"
Esme Investigates! The guns aren't too surprising. Neither is the armor. What's up with these cases though?
Max Thorn: "Saw you looking at nesting sites, and yeah."
Sam Spade hesitates.
Sam Spade: "Ah, honestly I'm not sure if we can take her in a stand-up fight."
A quick glance suggests the ammunition is able to make the guns fire bullets with pokemon-grade elemental power. Earth, rock, and steel are most prominently listed; behind them are "experimental" fire, ice, and lightning.
Sam Spade: "That was a LOT of firepower she was throwing around."
Max Thorn: "If I were to guess, we'd have to do an all-versus-one with her. Would be nice if we had some anti-Fire stuff, though. Closest I have is Antheia."
Esme flags down an attendant. "Hey! what's up with these?"
Attendant: "Hoy?" The attendant behind the counter - a gruff, hirusite, mustached type who may have tattoos under his body hair and leather vest - was apparently taking a nap. "Ho, I didn't hear you walk in, lass. Um. The bullets, you mean?"
Esme: "Oui."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, Chicklet and Malta will take less damage than she'd like, but…I also worry about sheer power."
Sam Spade: "There's not much that can just shut down fire."
Attendant: "Technology from Dojji. There's a testing range near the gym that's been furthering them."
Attendant: "They'll hit with power like they were from pokemon."
Sam Spade: "And she's got almost as many pokemon as we do, put together, years of experience and time training, and no ethics that would stop her from murdering our pokemon. Or us."
Attendant: "Whatcha want to know?"
Sam Spade: "Not that I'd tell her that to her face, mind you."
Esme: "Hrm. How much?"
Attendant: "Depends, which model're you firing them from? Different calibers, you see."
Max Thorn: "Quite."
Esme waves her hand. "Not firing, mostly dismantling."
Max Thorn goes to see if the pokémart has anything stronger than regular ol' Potions.
Sam Spade follows Max.
Attendant: "Eh? Why'd you wanna…" He peers. "Waaait, waitaminute. You're…not a Jaeger."
Esme: "…Sure I am! How else would I have-" She mentally counts. "-6 badges?"
Max is pleasantly surprised. Hyper Potions, Full Restores, Revives, this place has it all.
Sam Spade browses for TMs.
Max Thorn whistles.
The attendant blinks. "Badges, huh?" He strokes his beard. "Hmm…I think I've seen you before." Leaning over, he whispers, "You wouldn't happen to be traveling with Max Thorn, would you lass?"
Esme perks. "Mayhhaps?"
Sam finds a moderately well stocked TM section. It does not have everything she has heard of, but certainly this may have been where Ignacia got her selection from.
Max Thorn glances over to Sam. "Do they have Rain Dance? Might help to shut her down."
The attendant fishes under the counter, then brings out a photo - from a video feed, of thr group in go-karts chasing down a raidertank. He points at Esme's picture in the corner. "this you?"
Esme leans over to take a look.
[OOC] WC GM: *This
Esme: "A surprisingly good shot! Oui!"
The attendant puts the photo away and nods. "Yeah, I'd been told to keep a lookout for him and his friends. Ah, listen, I can slip you a couple cases - pick two elements - if you'll do me a favor."
Max Thorn makes some selections, anyway. *clinkclink…clink?…clink*
Esme begins to clap her hands together, but pauses before contact. "What kind of favor?"
Attendant: "There's a noibat cave uphill from the houndoom nest near here. Make certain he goes deep into the cave. There's more'n noibats he needs to meet there."
Attendant: "And they need to meet him. And you, I'm guessing."
[OOC] Sam Spade: <Attendant> "There is also…his doom!"
Esme: "…Hrm. Oh! Oooooh." She finishes the clap. "Certainly!"
[OOC] WC GM: <Attendant> "His houndoom, that is!"
[OOC] Max Thorn: 4x Super Potions, 1x Full Restore, and 4x Revive.
The attendant nods. "Thanks. Now, which two d'ya want?"
Max Thorn wanders over to the TM collection.
Max is able to get his medical selections from a vending machine.
Though he got the last of the Revives. Those have apparently been popular.
Esme: "Hrmm…Steel and Electric, if you please."
Max Thorn: "Bit worrying that I've managed to run them out of Revives."
Max Thorn: "I mean, I only grabbed four…"
Attendant: "You got it." He sticks one large hand under the counter, then hands forth two ammunition clips, one shiny gunmetal grey, the other the same with jagged yellow stripes painted on it to suggest lightning.
The TMs are in racks, each one in a locked case. A klefki floats above the racks, peering at Sam and Max.
Sam Spade: "Iggy lives here."
Sam Spade peruses the selection, hands firmly behind her back.
Max Thorn: "My point, yes." Max glances over the selection.
It takes Sam half a minute to find a Rain Dance TM, with a list price of 1500 pokeyen.
Esme: "Merci! I'll be sure to relay the message." She starts typing out a message to meet up with ehr compatriots. "Ah, before I go, you wouldn't happen to know where I could an acquire an UpGrade around here, would you?"
Esme: "…Or someone in the market for some Stat Boosters. I may have gone a bit overboard with that last shard haul."
Attendant: "You mean for a porygon? I'd check the range where they're making these." He gestures to the ammunition.
Attendant: "I dunno about Stat Boosters, but if you're talking shards, that's where the R&D is, so maybe they'll buy shards as is."
Esme: "Hum. Range it is, then!"
The klefki notices Sam's interest, grabs a small basket, then floats down. He - Sam thinks this one is male, anyway - points one key at the price tag, then at the basket.
Sam Spade shakes her head and holds up a refusing hand.
Max Thorn: "I'll take a Rain Dance, please," Max tells the klefki.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Max is the one who wants Rain Dance, not Sam. :p
The klefki pouts for just a moment before hearing Max's request, and repeats the motions while facing Max.
Max Thorn holds up his basket and nods.
Esme offers another thank you to the nice bearded dude before making her way to the R&D guys; A bit worried about just what they're up to.
[OOC] WC GM: To the range? That's up in the central district - and will mean traveling quite some distance from the rest of the party, if you're the only one going up there just now.
The klefki taps the 1500 pokeyen price tag again, then points at Max, then the basket.
[OOC] Esme: Hrm. Nix that then. Will go meet up with the shop crew first, then
Max Thorn: "…oh, do you need the money now?"
Klefki: "Klef!" He nods.
Max Thorn fishes out a 1000-p'yen coin and a 500-p'yen coin, and offers them to the klefki.
Klefki: "Kiii~!" He puts up his basket, knocking the coins into them, then uses one key to free the TM's case from the display, and another one to pop the case open. That done, he offers the TM to Max.
Max Thorn scoops it up and slips it into a pocket for later use.
The klefki floats on up, depositing the empty case and the coins behind the display.
Esme finishes her trek to the pokemart, popping in to meet up with Max and Sam. "Find anything good?"
Sam Spade: "I think?"
Sam Spade: "They have TMs, at least, unlike every pokemart we've been to."
Max Thorn: "Well…I managed to pick up a Rain Dance TM, which should at least slow her down. Might slow Sam's birds down too, though."
Esme: "Hum. Should help. They got Toxic?"
It takes a few more moments to find a Toxic TM, up in one corner, with a 1900 pokeyen price tag.
The klefki floats on down with his empty basket.
Esme: "Ah!" She immediately produces the handful of coins necessary for purchase, dumping them into the basket.
Klefki: "Kiii~!" He repeats the ritual of freeing then opening the case, then offering the TM to the customer.
Esme pockets it. "Been looking for that one for a bit."
Esme: "Also! May have roped you into something, but you might have been heading that way anyway. Probably."
The klefki dumps coin and case behind the display. Those cases look a bit secure - the kind of thing one might expect where there have been shoplifters or armed robberies.
Sam Spade: "So is there anything you wanted to do, Esme?"
Sam Spade: "There are a few pokemon nests we wanted to check out…"
Esme holds up the two shell cartridges she acquired.
Esme: "Wanted to go to the R&D Range, see what they're up to."
Esme: "Oh! Should probably come with you all when you do that. Was told there was something past the Noibat nest?"
Sam Spade: "….Huh."
Max Thorn: "Roped me into something? Huh."
[OOC] Max Thorn: Do they have an evostone collection?
Evolution stones do not appear to be for sale here, unfortunately. Fortunately, Max knows this is not the only pokemart in the fort.
Esme: "Seems someone wants to meet with us. Shouldn't be bad given the guy recognized I wasn't a Jaggie, though. Had some shots of us from taking out the Raidertank!"
Sam Spade: "That's…interesting."
Sam Spade: "Well, we're going to need more information if we want to manage Iggy's gym challenge, though."
Max Thorn taps an inquiry into his Pokedex. Any listing of what the other 'marts have?
Esme: "I know, right?"
Esme: "It looks like I can get an UpGrade over at the R&D too, so maybe I can look for a Moon Stone there too." She pats the pokeball on her belt. "Gervy's getting all big!"
There do not seem to be online listings of the contents of each pokemart. Online ordering is not a thing here.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Nuts. Was hoping to avoid having to check the other two marts.
[OOC] WC GM: There may be plot behind this. :3
[OOC] Max Thorn: With you? Plot behind inconveniences? Naaaaah.
[OOC] WC GM: You know some of my patterns. ;)
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway - heading to the houndoom nest now?
[OOC] Esme: Cheese it
[OOC] Max Thorn: Sure
Fortunately, the cable cars allow for "emergency stop" during the route, allowing the party to hop off close to the nest, though you'll have to hoof it heading back to a district. There is light enough traffic that the party does not have to share a car with any Jaegers while doing so.
The nest is off to the side, near some small - too small for most humans - tunnels that let the residents raid for food within the mountain.
Max Thorn checks his map, then leads the way.
Sam Spade follows Max, walking quietly and carefully.
It is shielded from view from the cable cars by virtue of being in a crater, with a pile of rocks on the valley side of the nest further blocking sight. The pile almost looks manmade.
The largest tunnel, on the mountain side of the nest, is human-passable, and seems to lead toward the noibat cave.
Sam Spade: "Do you want us to stick around Max, or should I head on?"
[OOC] WC GM: Everyone is in the crater - or at least beyond the rock wall - right?
A few houndooms and houndours cuddle at the very bottom of the crater, apparently napping.
Max Thorn: "I can handle a houndour, I think."
Esme: "He should be fine, but let's keep him company! He'll need to catch up to us anyway."
Sam Spade: "True enough."
Sam Spade: "But I was looking to catch a Noibat…."
Sam Spade: "But then again, we're not rushing."
Max Thorn: "We can do that, too. Doesn't have to be only one catch today."
Esme pats Sam. "We're still going to!"
Sam Spade: "I know, I was just thinking about the timing…"
Sam Spade: "But like I said, the longer we take the longer Iggy has to wait for us."
Sam Spade: "Oh no, whatever shall we do."
Max Thorn: "Way more concerned about Tim than I am about her."
Sam Spade: "….That's a good point."
Sam Spade: "I think of all people, Tim is safe from her. Because I think she probably fears and/or loves Ten."
Esme wiggles her shoulders. "Possibly both."
Max Thorn: "Perhaps. I'm thinking, though, that we can probably get a houndour on the way out. Sound fair?"
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Linnea‘ steps into the path, with an amused smirk upon her face, brandishing a shining metal knife in a nonchalant manner. Behind her is her Krilia, and four other bedraggled looking folk, all brandishing some kind of makeshift weapon. They quickly move to surround the party as efficiently as the difficult terrain allowed. "Hello, you Jagged lot. Lovely day for a lesson, isn’t it?"
Sam Spade: "Well, we're-"
Sam Spade: "…A lesson in?"
Esme: "A what?"
Max Thorn: "…I don't think these folks realize we're not Jaegers."
Linnea` shrugs. "Life, pain, humility…depends on how difficult you wanna make this."
Sam Spade: "Ah, that makes sense."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License