Session 41

[OOC] WC GM: Notes for this battle: please note where you & your pokemon end each turn relative to Mega Raidertank. This thing has guns all over, and most don't have 360 degree coverage, so it's to your advantage to stay to one side or one corner.
[OOC] WC GM: There are basically 5 targets - technically 6, but the 6th might not come up and won't be participating at first. The 5 are each of the 4 corners and the tower.
[OOC] WC GM: To speed up attack resolution I'll just say: each of the 5 targets has +4 evasions, physical and special. So, AC+4 is your to-hit target.
[OOC] WC GM: And with that, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37riOeCnnpQ
[OOC] Sam Spade: How far are we to start with? Is it safe to assume our pokemon can melee?
[OOC] WC GM: As of round 1, yes.
Mega Raidertank's eye glares, fierce and as if magnifying the sun's fury, as the party of interlopers dares to approach. Its cannons spin and fix upon the intruders in its domain.
WC GM rolled up 3d20: 33 (17 12 4)
Fire rains down around Linnea, and into Sam and Esme!
WC GM rolled up 2d8: 5 (1 4)
WC GM rolled up 1d6+29 2d10+34: 30 (1) 47 (5 8)
Sam Spade: "Yeowch!"
Sam is hit for (30-Defense), and Esme for (47-Defense)!
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
There's a burst of light as Linnea transforms, and she's suddenly VERY glad for her new armor. Praise be to engineering.
Linnea tosses a pokeball, sending out Lulim! "Arrite, let's take it out!"
Sam Spade: "Chicklet, go! Focus on the front left corner! HIT IT AS HARD AS YOU CAN!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: [Tagging] the front left corner and using [Reckless Advance] orders.
Linnea follows up with a concentrated blast of fae magic to the front left gun! Let's focus fire! [Dazzling Gleam]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 14 (14) (DB 2+4, -1 Acc on evens)
Chicklet cheeps, then bolts from the hoverbike and crashes headlong into the corner of the tank, leaving a trail of flames in its wake! Flame Charge!
Linnea rolled up 3d8+23: 40 (1 8 8) (Fairy/Spec)
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+2 2d6+10+14+8: 22 (20) 41 (6 3) (Flame Charge, trip on 18+)
Max Thorn scoots off to one side, rifle drawn. "Come on out, Amaterasu! Ember!" Even as Amaterasu materializes and takes aim, Max oes the same with his rifle, and fires.
[OOC] Linnea: And -1 acc because I procced a Glamour Weaver effect.
[OOC] Sam Spade: CRIT
Linnea's blast mostly bounces off - it seems to resist Fairy type damage.
Chicklet rolled up 2d6+10: 16 (4 2) (Bonus damage from crit~)
Chicklet manages to get in under the armor, and…
Linnea pummels fist into palm. Resist all you want, your tracking is thrown off and that's what actually matters.
…that…that is not a normal pokemon reaction. The armor simply EXPLODES right off.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d8+17: 8 (8) 23 (6) (AC 5 with Rifle, damage vs SpDef)
Chicklet's attack is doubly super effective!
Max Thorn 's shot ricochets into the dirt.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Reactive Armor, huh.
[OOC] WC GM: Nope.
[OOC] WC GM: Fire is double SE.
[OOC] WC GM: And there's another hint in there.
[OOC] Linnea: I should say, Lulim's on the front left with me.
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d6+23: 3 (3) 29 (3 3) (AC 2)
Linnea: "…I- what? Damn!"
Amaterasu's boof also hits the dirt.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Chicklet is, however, Vulnerable till next turn.
[OOC] WC GM: Max, Esme, and their pokemon also gathering front left?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Max would be aiming to make it divide its attention if possible.
Linnea: "Did they douse this thing in gasoline?"
[OOC] WC GM: Right, but where is Max?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Also, can I roll Pokémon Ed to evaluate the Raidertank?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Front right, if someone's picked front-left.
[OOC] WC GM: Linnea & Sam are front left.
Max Thorn rolled up 5d6: 23 (6 6 4 4 3) (Pokémon Ed)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Keep in mind that per what WC said earlier, it's not technically possible to divide its attention.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Its facings act independently, so being in the same zone means it has fewer attacks for more people. Probably.
Max Thorn: "So, uh. Just so you folks know, this is just a vehicle. As of yet, no rotom's in possession."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Mind, the tower has AoE, so there's that.
Sam Spade: "So one could be?"
Sam Spade: "…Now I REALLY wish Anna were here."
Max Thorn: "…I think it's more like a giant robot? So one could *control* it, without *being* it."
Linnea: "…okay, so what does that mean?"
Esme: "…Can we get inside?"
Max Thorn: "A raidertank sure did, so I don't see why we couldn't."
Linnea: "Well, someone's gotta stop it so I can start the ritual."
Max Thorn: "Do you want to infiltrate, or should I?"
Esme releases Lucrece as she cruises along to the left of the tank. Luc looks to Linnea, and bubbles, suddenly taking on a more brilliant sheen! [Trace -> Magic Guard]
Linnea: "Whoa, nice."
The forward guns let loose volleys - right side on Max, left side on Linnea.
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 20 (1 19)
While it seems perfectly capable of splitting its attention, Max manages to dodge between the blasts. Not so much Linnea, though.
WC GM rolled up 1d8: 4 (4)
WC GM rolled up 2d10+34: 48 (9 5)
Linnea is hit for (48-Defense)!
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Max Thorn fires off another shot, as does Ammy.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d8+17: 7 (7) 24 (7) (AC 5 with Rifle, damage vs SpDef)
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d6+23: 10 (10) 31 (3 5) (AC 2)
Linnea is buffeted by gunfire. Okay, NOW the armor is coming in handy. [61/94]
Sam Spade: "If we can get in…it's probably from up top!"
Max's shot goes wide again, but this time Amaterasu lands a hit!
Sam Spade spins her bike around, looking for something that she can ramp off to get onto Mega Raidertank!
Lulim bolts forward, trying to seize some loose connection between gun and tank. If all else fails, rip and tear! [Bite]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 19 (19) (DB2+4, Flinch on 15+)
Unfortunately, there is nothing to ramp off of. Sam will have to either climb up the treads, or duck and veer underneath.
Linnea rolled up 2d8+21: 29 (3 5) (Dark/Phys)
Chicklet takes a quick step back, seems to gather in energy for a moment, then smacks the Front Left corner with a Fire Blast!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+2 4d10+10+14: 6 (4) 51 (7 5 10 5) (AC4+4, Smite, Burn on 19+)
Linnea grins with grim satisfaction at the Absol's work. For her own part, she steels herself - she can't complete the ritual if she's out of commission, after all! [Leyline: Attunement, +1 Def/Sp.Def CS]
[OOC] Sam Spade: Miss, so only super-effective.
[OOC] Linnea: Thing is flinched unless immune
[OOC] WC GM: Max: What move was Ammy using?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Ember
[OOC] Sam Spade: Can Sam go up the treads on her bike, or did you mean *climb* climb?
[OOC] WC GM: Climb. But her bike can get her high enough that she can jump off it onto the tank's top - not counting the tower - in one action.
[OOC] Sam Spade: …….ngyeah, goin for it!
Sam Spade guns it, yanks back on the handles, and skids off the Mega Raidertank's glacis plate, jumping off at the top and coming to a sprawling roll!
Sam Spade rolled up 5d6: 15 (4 1 2 3 5) (Focus)
Esme tries to go for the underneath route! "Luc, see if you can find somewhere to seep in!" On cue, Lucrece liquefies into a puddle, and begins gooping(?) towards the tank! [Acid Armor]
Even as she lands the Ember, Amaterasu gives the mega raidertank a menacing look. [Intimidate]
Sam finds the top mostly a flat surface, aside from that tower. The guns seem oriented to point at attackers outside; only the tower itself threatens her here. However, there is no hatch; it looks like the pilot entered from underneath.
Sam Spade: "…Damnit, of course, they're tanks…"
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 12 (2 3 4 2) (Athletics)
Esme leans back and sliiides her hoverbike underneath the tank - there! Dead center in the bottom, a plug-like structure. If she can work or blast through it, she'll have access to the pilot.
[OOC] WC GM: Esme just found target #6.
Even as Sam assesses, the giant arm - branching out from the tower - pulls a raidertank from the nearby factory block and plunks it right on Mega Raidertank's back. Fortunately the newly minted raidertank seems to still be booting up; it looks like it is intended to slide off once ready.
The front left guns are put off their aim by Lulim's Bite and need a moment to reacquire target lock. Not so much the front right ones…
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 3 (3)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Not that they manage to hit Max anyway.
[OOC] Esme: Yaaaaay
Amateratsu barely ducks a Hyper Beam, which gouges an impressive hole in the ground.
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Max Thorn: "…Jeez. Okay, let's continue to knock that gun out of commission, Ammy!"
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d8+17: 15 (15) 18 (1) (AC 5 with Rifle, damage vs SpDef)
[OOC] Max Thorn: finally a hit, jeez.
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d6+23: 19 (19) 27 (1 3) (AC 2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: and that is a Burn!
Sam Spade: "Hey, Linnea! What's that cloud control device look like?"
Max's bullet tinks off the armor. Amaterasu's flame is more effective.
Linnea: "It's said it was a seal! So look for something magical or unusual!"
Sam Spade surveys the tower. Does she see anything like that?
Sam Spade rolled up 4d6: 16 (1 4 6 5) (Perception)
Chicklet just rushes the corner again. Flame Charge!
Sam has little idea what to look for in regards to "magical" , but a flaming slit-like eye inside an orb certainly counts as "unusual" .
In fact, the whole tower strikes Sam as the most dangerous part of the construct.
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+3 2d6+10+14+8: 11 (8) 39 (1 6) (Flame Charge [Reckless Advance], trip on 18+.)
Linnea: "Sweet mother of arts, I'm going to have to get up there, aren't I…"
Sam Spade: "Yeah, I don't know if the seal is in the tower but if I had to guess…"
Sam Spade: "…On that note, hey, little tank! You wanna join our side? I'll give you a kiss!"
Sam Spade used Sweet Kiss!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 16 (16) (AC 6)
Linnea recalls Lulim back into the Pokeball, then searches for the best way up this thing. It may take a few tries.
The raidertank's algorithms are messed up!
[OOC] Sam Spade: Throw a -3 to Evasion on top of that.
Esme charges energy in her fist, before releasing a flurry of bolts at the hatch! [Arcane Fury]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 11 (11)
Esme rolled up 2d6+32: 37 (1 4) (Normal, Special)
At point blank range it is hard to miss. The plate holds for now, but another good hit or two should do it.
Linnea rolled up 3d6: 14 (6 2 6) (Acrobatics)
Luc continues to slosh about on the ground, apparently seeping in through the treads.
Linnea manages to imitate Sam's leap up to the top of the hovertank - perhaps a little less gracefully, but good enough to join Sam up there.
[OOC] Esme: Liquefied + Amorphous, so technically it can fit in anywhere there's room
Up close, Linnea can feel the magic power radiating from the tower.
Linnea: "Arright, so- whoa! No joke, this thing is-"
Sam Spade: "The only magic I know is yours and Esme's, but that eye does not look usual to me."
Linnea shudders. "Ugh! Yeah, that's it, alright…"
Linnea: "But we gotta stop this thing before I can begin!"
The treads and armor seem quite thick…though Esme has punched a slight hole in the plate, perhaps enough for Lucrece to fit in.
[OOC] WC GM: Linnea: Intuition check
Linnea rolled up 3d6: 13 (5 2 6)
Linnea: "Though…!"
Linnea: "I've got it!"
Only Max and Amaterasu are still on the ground. Fortunately, that Hyper Beam cannon seems to take a moment to recharge…
Meanwhile, topside, the raidertank tries to finish waking up, frustrated by Sam.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 18 (18)
And does! It repays Sam's advances with a Salvo!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 5 (5)
…which goes wide.
The tower's guns whirl upon Linnea!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 20 (20)
WC GM rolled up 1d8: 4 (4)
Linnea: "Fuuuuuuuuu-"
WC GM rolled up 4d10+44: 65 (3 4 10 4)
Hitting for (65-Defense)!
Sam Spade: "Linnea!"
Linnea: "You…you……"
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Sam Spade: "You! But Linnea, she's secretly…"
Sam Spade used Confide!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 7 (7) (AC2.)
[OOC] Linnea: 13/[85]
Max Thorn: "Keep working on that gun, Ammy!"
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d8+23: 5 (5) 33 (3 7) (AC 2, Ember)
The right front armor continues to melt, bit by bit.
Linnea snaps a pokeball out, bringing out Miator! "<Holy HELL->" Who immediately literally punches some healing into her partner. [Heal Pulse, +42 HP]
[OOC] Linnea: 55/[85], will do my turn in a moment
Chicklet throws another burst of flames at the Front-Left!
Esme charges up again, this time firing a concussive beam! [Resonance Beam]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 1 (1)
[OOC] Esme: Pfft
[OOC] Max Thorn: sadtrombone.wav
Technically Esme's beam hits - at just the right angle to bounce off, into the ground, back up into the armor, back off into the ground, and a few more times before exiting out the rear.
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+4 4d10+10+14+3: 9 (5) 38 (2 1 6 2) (AC4+4, burn on 19+.)
Esme: "Huh."
Linnea punches a hand down into the area near the tower, the gem crumbles as there's a horrible tearing sound as energy of some sort is drawn from the tank into the caster. [Draining Kiss, using gem]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 8 (8) (DB2+4)
The left front seems fairly melted! Chicklet has inflicted multiple breaches.
Linnea rolled up 2d10+23: 41 (9 9) (fairy/spec)
Lucrece manages to squeeze itself in through the earlier punched hole! Is there room to solidfy? Gummify?
[OOC] Linnea: +tick of HP, +hp equal to half damage dealt
Linnea can feel the armor resisting.
[OOC] WC GM: Damage dealt: 1
[OOC] Linnea: 64/[85]
Linnea: "…not like this! Ugh!"
Lucrece finds a very cramped cockpit, with the pilot raidertank hooked in, senses apparently overridden. It is questionable whether the pilot has even noticed Lucrece.
Luc jiggles, contemplating…then solidifies back into its usual form! [+1 Defense CS]
There is not enough room for Lucrece to take its usual form in the cockpit, with the raidertank pilot still inside too.
Lucrece can solidify, just off-shape, squeezing around. Indeed, there are many similarities between feline acrobatics and what Lucrece is forced to do just now.
The forward guns once again attempt to let loose Hyper Beams upon their pokemon tormentors!
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 26 (20 6)
Amaterasu dodges, but Chicklet is right in the beam's path!
WC GM rolled up 8d10+64: 101 (6 1 6 3 9 7 3 2)
Chicklet: "BUSK-"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Not fire damage, huh.
Chicklet is hit for (101-Special Defense)!
[OOC] WC GM: Nope. Normal.
The tower and the topside raidertank, recognizing the threat of a healer, fire upon Miator!
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 11 (2 9)
WC GM rolled up 4d10+44: 72 (8 7 6 7)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Combusken is down! -22/70, 3? injuries
Linnea: "No! No way-" "<Just shut up and do what you need to!>"
The raidertank's blast goes overhead, but Miator takes a Hyper Beam to the back for (72-Special Defense)!
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Sam Spade: "CHICKLET!"
Malta screams and dives!
Max Thorn ponders, and then sketches a quick diagram into the sand with the butt of his rifle. "SAND TOMB!"
Sam keys Chicklet's pokeball, returning her injured combusken.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d8+16: 6 (6) 21 (5) (AC 4)
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d8+23: 19 (19) 31 (4 4) (AC 2, Ember)
Sam Spade looks at the tower, tears in her eyes.
Linnea screws up her face in horror as her partner screams directly into her mind. It's not very pretty. [5/58]
Sam Spade: "How could you do that to a friend? But I can forgive you…"
Sam Spade blows a kiss at the Tower. Sweet Kiss!
Miator: "<…I live.>"
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 9 (9) (AC 6.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Bleh. Take that -3 to Evasion anyway.
Lucrece sloshes around the cramped space towards the interface port. Hopefully it can disrupt or shut this bit down!
The tower does not even have a tear in its eye. Apparently Mega Raidertank does not consider Chicklet a friend.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Pity, if it had landed I would have Disabled the Hyper Beam.
[OOC] WC GM: Oh, wait for it…
Esme rolled up 5d6+3: 17 (3 3 3 4 1) (Tech Ed/Wired?)
Lucrece engages in the ancient jutsu known as Pulling The Plugs.
Linnea , for her part, snaps out of her horrified reverie and jams her knife down into the surface with supernatural force, beginning the first glyph. "Alright, you son of a bitch…it begins! The first - Sign of the Sun!"
Malta screams past the tower, planting a beak as it goes! Peck!
Malta rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+8+16: 14 (13) 26 (1 1)
Max and Miator see guns twirling, lining up right at them…
…and slowing…
…and…halting. Mega Raidertank is shut down, temporarily.
The tower's armor deflects Malta's peck! ((Resisted))
Esme gives the hatch another Essence Scattershot. [Arcane Fury]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 16 (16)
Linnea: "Alright, Miator, here's the next-"
Esme rolled up 2d6+32: 41 (3 6) (Normal/Special, Vulnerable!)
Esme blows the hatch off! The pilot raidertank plops right down in front of her!
Esme: "Oh!"
Good news: Esme has the pilot distracted. Bad news: she is now face to face with a cheesed-off raidertank.
Max Thorn comes to a stop as the mega raidertank does, then navigates between the treads to join Esmé just in time for the raidertank to fall out.
The Kirlia aims her pained rage and power down into the armor some distance away, beginning the next glyph. "<The second, Sign of the Wind.>"
Linnea: "Wind's in progress! Rain is next! Sam, you watched me, right?!"
As Linnea and Miator engage in their work, there is a THRUM of power - not audible, but everyone feels it in their chests. Even the topside raidertank visibly flinches.
Linnea: "Rrrrr…rrrrghhhh…"
Sam Spade: "Ah, yeah, but-"
A short distance to the west, along the cliff, red glyphs light up and dim down in two rippling waves. A storm soon gathers, just beyond the magic wall.
Linnea: "CAN YOU DO IT OR NOT?!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Can she do it, WC?
Esme perks, though doesn't take her eyes off her new opponent. "What's going on out there?"
[OOC] WC GM: That would be an Occult check.
Max Thorn: "Well, I know Linnea and Sam are up top…"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Translation: hahaha, NO.
[OOC] WC GM: I mean, this is the kind of situation that skill exists for.
Sam Spade: "I don't even know what that shape is!"
Linnea: "…"
Sam Spade: "I'll just keep the tower distracted!"
Linnea lets out a skyward scream of rage and exasperation.
[OOC] Sam Spade: New round, or no?
[OOC] WC GM: That's all the party's actions, right? So yeah, raidertank's turn…
The topside raidertank is a bit confused, but homes in on the one target still standing and not distracted by drawing: Sam!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 8 (8)
WC GM rolled up 1d8+23: 29 (6)
Hits for (29-Defense)!
Down below, the ex-pilot raidertank knows its foe. Heedless of Lucrece's presence among sensitive electronics, the ex-pilot simply lets off a close range blast!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
[OOC] Sam Spade: 64/93
Max Thorn: "How interesting."
And, like Esme's errant beam before, ricochets its shell from underbelly armor to ground to underbelly armor, finally detonating just past Mega Raidertank's front.
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Max Thorn: "Might I offer a rebuttal?" * Amaterasu lets out a bark, followed by the *boof* of an Ember!
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d8+23: 9 (9) 32 (1 8) (AC 2)
Linnea and Miator both work feverishly, burning glyphs down into the tank. "Sign of-" "<Mark of->" "RAIN!" "<THUNDER!>"
Sam Spade: "Come on, Tower! You can do better than that, you mean pile of mean!"
Sam Spade used Taunt!
Amaterasu's boof proves worse than her bite.
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 14 (14) (AC3, -3 penalty to Accuracy for 1 round)
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's still targeting the tower, and not the raidertank?
Lucrece ponders the obvious question. What happens if /it/ tries to plug in?
[OOC] Sam Spade: …Yeah, I don't want it hyperbeaming us. But while she's at it-
Sam Spade: "Malta! Hit that tank!"
Malta eyes the tank and spits out an Ember of her own!
Thunder crackles beyond the wall as two more ripples resound. There is movement, but only Sam is in position to see…
Malta rolled up 1d20+2 2d6+8+13: 17 (15) 25 (1 3) (Burn on 18+)
Sam Spade: "…Articuno - Moltres - Zapdos - Lugia -"
[OOC] WC GM: Will need a Tech Ed check from Lucrece.
Esme rolled up 5d6+3: 20 (5 6 1 1 4) (Hack The Planet)
Sam Spade: "Hey, Linnea, the instant you throw up that last sigil, we need to get off this thing!"
Lucrece can indeed plug in.
Sam Spade: "There are a whole bunch of angry gods out there right now!"
Linnea: "aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAGH!"
The raidertanks continue to assail their respective targets, above and below!
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 29 (17 12)
Lucrece is SLAMMED into the cockpit's roof by the blast, but still manages to hook up.
WC GM rolled up 1d8+23 1d8+23: 26 (3) 26 (3)
Sam takes a round to her side for (26-Defense), as Lucrece takes (26-Defense) at the same moment.
Sam, Linnea, and their pokemon see Mega Raidertank start up, though the eye seems a bit different, more purple and curious instead of fire and anger.
Luc splats against the ceiling! It drips down back to the floor, resuming its interface. [69/75]
[OOC] WC GM: Party's turn!
Sam Spade: "Um."
[OOC] WC GM: Lucrece can see everything Mega Raidertank could - specifically what's going on topside.
Malta throws a Fire Blast at the raidertank on the deck!
[OOC] WC GM: Can also fire tower weapons if desired - treat as Spike Cannon or Hyper Beam.
[OOC] WC GM: And other weapons, but there are no targets for the other ones.
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+2 2d6+8+13: 8 (6) 27 (4 2) (Burn on 18+)
[OOC] Sam Spade: AC 2, so hit
Sam Spade: "Hit it again, Malta!"
Linnea grits her teeth as she shifts into the final position, grinding the last symbol into place. "Heedless of folly of provoking the forces of nature, we act! The final mark - SIGN OF THE STORM!"
Max Thorn: "Give it some more fire, Ammy!"
The wall above the cliff SHATTERS. Almost instantly there is rain.
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 2d8+23: 5 (5) 31 (7 1) (AC 2)
Malta rolled up 1d20+3 2d6+8+13: 13 (10) 27 (4 2) (AC2, Strike Again!, Burn on 18+)
And the anguished, rage-filled cry of four inbound Legendary pokemon.
Max Thorn glances to the side. "…And now I think it's time to get moving. Like, right the hell now."
[OOC] Sam Spade: And now I regret taking my action before Linnea and not using it to GRAB LINNEA AND DIVE OFF MEGA RAIDERTANK.
[OOC] WC GM: Next turn.
Sam Spade: "NOW WE RUN!"
[OOC] WC GM: Or…heck, I'll allow it now.
Max Thorn turns his hoverbike around and books it.
Linnea: "Run…run…or we'll be well done…"
Esme: "…Yeah that sounds good." She guns it out, looking back. "Luc, don't stay in there too long!"
Sam Spade grabs Linnea and dives off of Mega Raidertank! …This may not have been a good idea. It…might hurt.
The moment Esme gets out from under Mega Raidertank, she can see it is the Legendaries' target.
Miator lets out another shriek, teleporting along after them. "<Don't leave me behind, you shitbird!>"
And there are but seconds until they are in firing range.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Rule of Cool them into landing on Esmé's and Max's hoverbikes? Or their own, that'd work too.
Even the two raidertanks are running away.
[OOC] Sam Spade: That sounds…excessive. I'm perfectly fine with taking a bunch of falling damage.
[OOC] WC GM: Eh - Athletics or Acrobatics from Sam.
Mega Lucrece gives off an oddly chipper series of echoing whirrs as the quartet approaches. The eye shifts back to red as Luc disconnects to make its own escape.
Sam Spade rolled up 2d6: 5 (4 1) (THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA)
[OOC] Max Thorn: It's not the falling damage, it's the "possibly within Ground Zero".
[OOC] Sam Spade: Meh, Lugers didn't kill us last time~
[OOC] Max Thorn: Lugia also wasn't pissed as hell and accompanied by three more angry (demi)god-tier pokémon.
[OOC] Esme: Well yeah, it won't. Debris will.
[OOC] Sam Spade: …you know what seemed like it might have worked last time?
Sam manages to land on Lucrece.
WC GM rolled up 1d8+14: 19 (5)
Lucrece and Sam are both hit for (19-Defense).
Lucrece: "Bloop?" [1 Damage]
Sam Spade is still holding Linnea tightly and rolls off.
Sam Spade: "…Thanks, Lucrece~" [4 damage]
Fortunately, Linnea's and Sam's hoverbikes are right there.
Linnea frantically waves a pokeball at Miator, recalling the Kirlia as the trainer is Superwomaned away.
Sam Spade plants a kiss on Linnea's lips, then pushes her towards her hoverbike.
Sam Spade: "Now we RIDE!"
Linnea: "Aaa- A… a…"
Linnea just stares in mute shock.
Sam Spade stumbles onto her own bike, hits the accelerator, and revs.
Sam Spade: "GO!"
Esme scoops up Luc, slapping them onto the back of her bike.
Incoming blasts rock Mega Raidertank. Fire. Lightning. Ice. And hardest of all, water. It explodes, pieces flying every which way.
[OOC] WC GM: Focus or Athletics to drive through the debris field and not get hit.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Can I invoke Traveler to roll Survival instead?
Linnea rolled up 2d6: 2 (1 1) (She's on instinct and autopilot now…)
[OOC] WC GM: You can. This is technically weather.
Max Thorn rolled up 4d6: 8 (2 3 1 2) (Survival)
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 15 (5 1 6 2) (Focus!)
Sam Spade rolled up 5d6: 23 (6 3 4 4 6) (Focus.)
WC GM rolled up 4d10+44: 66 (4 8 2 8)
Linnea is hit for (66-Special Defense) by fast rain and falling debris!
The cliff wall, meanwhile, shatters in a rippling wave, north and south along the coast clear out to the horizon.
Linnea has no idea where she's going, spent from magic and shocked from Sam. She's basically slamming into everything, and comes out much the worse for it. (15/[75])
Max Thorn pulls a Super Potion out of his pack. "Linnea! Catch!"
Sam Spade has by this point gotten good enough to see where every rock is falling and navigates between them with no problem….which means she sees every rock that hits Linnea, too. Damn her timing.
In every other direction, the Legendary quartet rain devastation upon the suddenly fleeing raidertanks. The Holdouts disengage, some looking on in wonder, others - lead by Joy - regrouping to tend to their fallen.
Sam Spade: "Linnea! Come on, stay with us!"
Linnea fumbles numbly for a moment but manages to get the potion - and douse it all over herself. Because screw any kind of deftness in this chaos. (50/[75])
Sam Spade pulls up next to Linnea and gives her another 'kiss,' this time from another potion bottle.
Sam Spade: "Come on, Medic Joy's over there. Follow me."
Linnea: "Nnrrhhh…"
Linnea just slouches toward Sam.
Max Thorn slows to a stop once he's out of the likely radius of debris, then shields his eyes as he looks upward. When the debris stops falling, he starts driving around the debris field, looking for the orb that was part of the mega raidertank before it was smote.
Sam's bottle is nearly shot out of her hands! One of the raidertanks apparently managed to slip past the Legendaries by hugging the cliff's edge and a building. It aims at the group…
[OOC] WC GM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts
…only to be flipped on its head by Lieutenant Surge coming up, foot-first, from behind the cliff. A small flotilla of black helicopters rises behind him.
[OOC] Sam Spade: …heh.
It takes Max half a minute to find the orb, but there it is - surprisingly undamaged, and larger than Max, though he can at least roll it.
Sam Spade: "…Hey! We're alive!"
Max Thorn pushes it up. "All right! I've got the orb!"
Surge: "Sorry we're late! When Looker was gathering a relief squad, he couldn't stop me from joining. We saw the action and got here as fast as we could. What's going on?"
Esme is still just watching the legends do their work. "That."
Max Thorn: "We saved a region."
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Max Thorn rolls it for a bit. "Someone got a vehicle I can shove this onto?"
Lieutenant Surge points a thumb at the helicopters. "Do you need to get that somewhere in a hurry?"
Max Thorn: "Not in a *hurry*, but we need to take it back to Fort Blaston with us. So a helicopter is probably out of the question."
Linnea: "…that's some timing…"
Surge: "What, do they have anti-air defenses now?"
Max Thorn: "It's less that and more, uh, not wanting to be visibly associated with individuals Team Jaeger deems to be a threat. At least until we're able to restore a proper government, anyway."
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Esme: "Plus it'll look cooler if we come back on just the bikes. They won't be expecting us anyway!"
Sam Spade: "Yeah!"
Sam Spade: "But the Holdouts, they probably have room for us to carry the orb."
Surge: "We can move faster than your bikes. Tell you what: I'll give you a lift most of the way, then drop you off past the horizon from Fort Blaston. I want to go check on Di, but I can go around."
Max Thorn: "That'd be acceptable, yes."
Surge nods, then waves to one of the helicopters, which lands. After a quick conversation drowned out by the storm all around, the helicopter's occupants dismount, taking most of the supplies within, and Surge takes over. The helicopter rises a bit, and two of the technicians approach with rope.
Max Thorn stands back, letting the experts hitch up the orb.
Technician: "Surge says to lash that orb and your bikes under his chopper. Get them over there and we'll tie them up."
Technician: "Sounds like he wants to get a move on, so if you wanted to say goodbye to anyone here, hurry it up."
Linnea looks frantically around for Mel. Wait, where even was she, anyway? Is she nearby now?
By now the Holdouts have all gathered together. There are many cheers and energetic exclamations from the group.
Linnea is HUGGED from behind by Mel!
Max Thorn: "Works for me." Max retrieves his hoverbike and gently glides it over to join the orb.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Did Mel see Sam kiss Linnea?
Linnea shrieks, before she realizes who it is. "Oh! Ah…oh, it's you!"
Sam Spade walks her bike over to the helicopter.
Linnea: "It worked! It bloody well worked!"
[OOC] WC GM: Did she? You don't know.
Linnea: "And…it's you, it's all thanks to you…"
Mel: "No. It's all thanks to you, oh la~!"
Linnea: "Ah…yeah…I guess…"
Linnea: "I was the one that did it…was almost a close thing."
Linnea: "Still…thank you."
Mel releases Linnea and stands back. "And more. You have done more than I ever could for these people."
Linnea: "That's…"
Esme gets her bike hitched up, then heads back over to the brief festivities.
Mel: "But I can only thank you with more work to be done."
Linnea takes a moment to reflect. "That's ri-" Another moment.
Max Thorn: "Work, huh?"
Linnea: "Sounds about the right of it."
Linnea: "What would you have me do?"
Mel: "You and I, you know how it is."
Mel: "We will meet again in Gae, la~."
Mel: "Before we do, find out what you can about the heart of the sun."
Linnea: "Oh, I'll bet…"
Linnea looks thoughtful, at that.
Mel: "It must be freed from the sea, for the sea."
Linnea: "Heart of the sun? Hmm. Alright."
Mel looks to the sky. "And give the sea a hug for me when you meet her, will you?"
Linnea: "With all my heart, Mel."
Linnea: "I wasn't so sure of what was going on - still don't - but now, I feel like things are starting to come together - like I can take on just about anything, together with everyone."
Linnea: "Until we meet again…"
A sheet of rain passes in front of Mel for a moment. When it passes, Meloetta is there, in her Aria form - but only for a moment before lightning strikes in the background, forcing those looking on to avert their eyes. Then she is gone.
Linnea: "…!!"
Linnea: "I-"
Linnea: "I…"
Esme: "Sam called it!"
Linnea laughs, shaking her head. "I-we are truly blessed."
Sam Spade: "…But the pokedex…"
Linnea: "What about the pokedex?"
Sam Spade: "It didn't register?"
Sam Spade: "Anyway."
Linnea: "Goddess, Sam."
Sam Spade: "Worked on MissingNo. …Kind of."
Linnea: "Missingno doesn't care about modesty."
Esme: "M-No is a special case, even in those circumstances…"
Linnea: "Missingno just does."
Max Thorn: "The pokédex can only report on things it's programmed to recognize."
Esme: "Hrm."
Max Thorn: "Anyway, I think it's time for us to head back…"
Sam Spade looks at the helicopter for a moment.
Sam Spade: "Hey, Linnea."
Linnea: "…yeah, Sam?"
Sam Spade: "…It seemed like, ah, something I did may have thrown you."
Linnea frowns briefly. "That's why you save the celebrations for afterward, Sam.
Sam Spade: "Perhaps it was a bad time, but um. It didn't mean anything other than 'we're alive!'."
Linnea: "No, no, I get you completely."
Linnea: "Heat of the moment."
Sam Spade: "…Unless you want it to, in which casewe'lltalklater-"
Sam Spade darts to the helicopter.
Linnea: "I-"
Sam Spade: "Oooh, helicopter!"
Linnea: "Sigh."
Max Thorn heads over to the chopper, too, and embarks.
Esme pats Lin on the shoulder, before also saddling up for their return.
Linnea follows the others. Part of her can't wait until they get back, to see the kind of reaction they'd get.
By now the orbs and hoverbikes are lashed to the chopper, and to each other, the bikes carrying the orb between them.
Lieutenant Surge takes the conveyance up, past the rolling grey-black clouds. From above, it looks like fluffy whiteness is quickly spreading over all of Dojji.
Linnea: "Now that, that's a sight to see."
Linnea: "Maybe…in due time…in a long, long time…"
Linnea: "That land will be happier again."
Surge: "I've only seen this once, but if I had to guess, I'd say your friends mean to clean the entire region."
Surge: "I hope they're your friends."
Sam Spade: "They're gods. I hope so, too."
Linnea: "Correct."
Linnea: "Well, I know I'm on the good side of at least one of them."
Esme: "Only really spoke to one of them. Another of them ran away from this little goopball. Can't speak of the other two."
Esme cradles Luc in her arms. "So…more friendly than not, at least."
Lieutenant Surge angles the helicopter south by southeast, and the battle site seems to speed away behind you.
Max Thorn: "They haven't hurt us yet. Not sure that makes us 'friends', but I guess I'll take it for now."
Sam Spade: "I think Articuno might have saved my life when we boarded the Stormderp blimp."
Surge: "Your other friends will be getting supplies by now. You know if there's anyone else left in Dojji?"
Max Thorn: "The convoy from Site 2, maybe."
Linnea: "Hell, I don't know…wanderers, vagrants…we might have missed a site that was never marked."
Sam Spade: "The group with us was almost certainly the last."
Surge: "Just a guess, but that convoy's heading for Fort Blaston?"
Sam Spade: "But they split in two, and - yeah."
Max Thorn: "Yup."
Surge: "When did they leave?"
Max Thorn: "Shortly before we left for the mega raidertank."
Sam Spade: "This morning."
Surge: "Hmm…" He clicks the helicopter to autopilot, then checks some maps. "If they were driving vehicles like yours…I'd say they'll get there tomorrow, and we'll beat them there."
Surge: "Jack's with them, I take it?"
Max Thorn: "Yup."
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Surge: "Heh. Tell him I said hello. Anyway, sounds like we've got a region to…"
Lieutenant Surge blinks, then gets out binoculars and peers ahead. Fort Blaston is just now becoming visible.
Linnea: "Oh, that pause bodes ill…"
Surge: "…which of you has the best eyes?"
Linnea: "My perception's all supernatural. Maybe not me."
Sam Spade: "Probably me."
Sam Spade rolled up 4d6: 19 (4 3 6 6) (Perception)
Lieutenant Surge holds his binoculars back toward Sam.
Sam Spade raises the binoculars and scans Fort Blaston.
Linnea also had detransformed before boarding. No more witnesses.
Sam Spade: "…I can't tell if that's fireworks or explosions."
The sun begins to kiss the horizon, sending around its twice-daily orange and pink hues.
Sam Spade: "If they see clouds, they know we beat the tank."
Sam Spade: "So fireworks would make sense."
Sam Spade: "But that's a lot of smoke from the Amodan side."
Linnea: "Aren't fireworks explosives, anyway?"
Esme: "But it's also Ignacia. So both?"
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Surge: "Right, setting her down before they see us." The helicopter descends back through the cloud layer.
Sam Spade: "Both makes a lot of sense. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I definitely don't want to be in a helicopter in Iggy's line of sight."
Linnea: "I mean, I honestly don't care all that much if Ignacia's in a world of shit, but we're also headed back into it."
Sam Spade: "That and Tim's a good kid."
Linnea: "…oh."
Linnea: "Welp."
Sam Spade hesitates.
The clouds trail off just before the mountains, so there is room to dismount where it is dry. Even with Fort Blaston past the horizon from ground level, and off to the west a bit so the mountains give cover, you can hear irregular explosions that could be fireworks.
Sam Spade: "The Eye's going to be tricky to move."
Linnea: "…oh, hells, now I'm wondering."
Linnea: "I'm curious if the folks I was with back at the fort seized some kind of initiative."
The eye is suspended between the party's hovercycles. Just so long as the party stays in formation, it can be moved the rest of the way.
Esme: "Just drive carefully, oui?"
Max Thorn: "As long as we're careful, we'll be good."
Linnea: "Right…"
Max Thorn gets on his hoverbike and starts it up.
Linnea revs up. No debris to dodge this time…yet.
Sam Spade: "Nice and easy!"
Lieutenant Surge takes the helicopter to the west, apparently intending to fly around the mountains, as the party heads east toward the mammoth wall that is the northern bounds of Fort Blaston.
Linnea: "Sure, it's nice, but it's not gonna end up easy, I think."
Linnea: "There's still Ignacia."
[OOC] WC GM: +1 trainer level for clearing Site 3, and +450 pokemon XP each for the battle.
Sam Spade: "Psh. Iggy's a problem, yeah, but it'll be fiiiiine."
Linnea: "First place I'm gonna hit when we get back is the Pokemon Center, though."
Linnea: "Mia…she…"
As the party nears the wall, they are apparently spotted. Excited but indistinct shouts ring up!
Esme waves!
Sam Spade: "Yeah, and Chicklet really needs Nurse Joy's expert attention."
Linnea: "Yo!"
Debris and bodies - human, pokemon, and raidertank - litter the northern approach, but are easily dodged.
Max Thorn doesn't move any faster unless the other three hoverbikes do.
The hole blasted during the party's exit has been blown wider, easily wide enough to drive through.
Somewhere over a million refugees stare at the party and make way, some cheering, most just struck silent.
Sam Spade basks in the admiration.
The mechanic from earlier runs up as the party enters. "Go! Go on to the center! This'll make the party even BETTER!"
Sam Spade: "So it is a party? Good."
Mechanic: "Yeah! They're celebrating surviving!"
Max Thorn: "We're headed that way anyway because we've an injured pokémon desperately in need of treatment."
Sam Spade: "Holdout Colony should be here tomorrow!"
Sam Spade: "And…expect rain."
Mechanic: "Oh…there might be a line at the pokemon center."
Esme: "Lots of rain."
Linnea: "The heck happened?"
Max Thorn: "Those raidertanks we passed by? They happened."
Esme: "They were fighting tanks, remember? We just happened to squee-Oui."
Linnea: "… … … … … Oh."
Mechanic: "Something called Team Stormcloud attacked from the south."
Max Thorn: "…"
Sam Spade: "Then why the smo-"
Esme: "UGH."
Linnea: "Of course."
Max Thorn: "I swear to Arceus."
Sam Spade: "FRICKING STORMDERP."
The party's pokedexes beep as they reestablish connection with the Amodan networks.
Linnea glances down. "Oi oi, what's this now?"
Max Thorn: "We're online again."
Max's pokedex beeps a second time - apparently there was a missed call, but no voicemail.
Max Thorn checks the number…
Mechanic: "They were here for Professor Petra. She slipped past them in the confusion."
Max recognizes it as one of the professors from Scale Mount University.
Max Thorn: "Of course."
Max Thorn holds up a hand. "Hang on, gotta call to make."
Max Thorn returns that call. "Hello?"
Sam Spade: "Ah."
There is no answer. At a guess, the professor has probably gone home for the evening.
Max Thorn: "…Oh, right. I'll try again in the morning. Do wish people would leave voicemail when they call, though."
Max Thorn: "One of the professors wanted me for something."
Mechanic: "Anyway, the incredible thing is that nobody - on our side, anyway - died. Everyone lived!"
Linnea: "…weird."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, Stormderp is…"
Sam Spade: "…Wait."
Max Thorn: "What, from the Stormcloud attack?"
The mechanic nods.
Sam Spade: "Well, they're not Raidertanks."
Linnea: "So all that was Jaggers?"
Sam Spade: "Which means, among other things, they don't want ghosts."
Mechanic: "Yeah, but they totally smashed the southern wall, and the southern district. That much firepower…"
Sam Spade: "Yeah…"
Max Thorn: "I guess they were more interested in property wreckage than in human and pokémon wreckage."
Sam Spade: "I blame the Pichu."
Esme glowers. "Always."
Sam Spade: "When people die, that damn Pichu gets less audience."
The mechanic shakes her head. "Nah, they were just after Petra. Once they knew she'd left they withdrew."
Max Thorn: "That kid's storing up quite the whupping, yeah."
Linnea: "They can get in line."
Esme: "They wreck her lab?"
Sam Spade: "Well, we should probably get this thing to Iggy so we can get our badges…"
Linnea: "…yeah, probably."
Max Thorn: "Anyway, where's Ignacia? We need to drop this off with her." He jerks a thumb at the orb.
Mechanic: "They barely got to the center district…Ignacia? Presiding over the ceremony. Or getting drunk. Probably both."
Max Thorn: "…I hope not drunk."
Esme: "Gooood. To the first thing."
Sam Spade: "She could be a nice drunk! We might be okay!"
Linnea: "…"
Max Thorn: "…You've met her. Does she seem like the 'happy drunk' type to you?"
While the party has been talking, a ramp has been placed over the southern wall of the northern district, wide enough to ride over.
Sam Spade: "I've never met her drunk, that's the thing."
Max Thorn shakes head. "Personality's the wrong kind for happy drunk. Eh. We'll see how it is when we get there."
Esme: "If we're taking bets, then I say weepy! Could you /imagine/?"
The refugee camp is still a bit soul-crushing to move through, but at least now these people all have hope. And then comes the center district, where another ramp has been placed. The party crests the ramp, coming into sight of the celebration…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License