Session 5

Sunset-grade sunlight streams through the cave entrance on the far side, silhouetting your opposition: two Team Jaeger grunts with submachine carbines and grenades, and their sandshrews. They have turned their entire attention on you.
[OOC] WC GM: The terrain is mostly an open cave. The cave entrance/exit is to the northwest. You're coming in from a tunnel on the southeast side, which has 2 2-square-wide stalagmites for cover, roughly like this:
[OOC] WC GM: OOOOOOOO
[OOC] WC GM: OXXOOXXO
[OOC] WC GM: OXXOOXXO
[OOC] WC GM: OOOOOOOO
[OOC] WC GM: That is, room for 4 to hide behind them. Sam and Jack are behind the left one; Max, Esme, and Anna are behind the right, but at least one of you is sticking out or further behind. Decide who, and where your pokemon are.
[OOC] WC GM: In the cave there are a few boulders, just enough for someone Medium size to crouch behind, and some more stalagmites to the west that the blonde man and 'chu are cowering behind.
[OOC] WC GM: The grunts and their sandshrews are out in the open, about 8 meters away from you.
[OOC] WC GM: Max and Gervaise, you have first initiative!
Max Thorn makes for one of those boulders and gently tosses Antheia down.
Anna Tommize freezes and looks around in a panic, before Meeps starts prodding her off towards cover.
[OOC] WC GM: So, Esme and Anna are behind the right stalagmite? K.
Anna Tommize: "H-hello…?"
Anna Tommize: "Y-you're not gonna hurt us, r-right?"
Esme tosses down Gervaise, and points a finger downwards. The pokemon nods, quickly burrowing into the ground.
Anna Tommize waves at the grunts.
Esme: "That is most definitely their plan. Shh."
MaleGrunt: "No, we'll just kill you. Two-Stone, take out their cover!"
Anna Tommize: "W-why, though? We just got our licenses!"
FemaleGrunt: "Four-Grain, flush them out!"
Anna Tommize: "W-we've even got Tim as our chaperone!?"
Max Thorn: "Wouldn't do that if I were you. Your boss's kid was with us. Boss-man won't be happy if you kill his kid's escort."
One of the sandshrews hops into the ground as well, but it does not intercept Gervaise. The other one runs up to the right stalagmite and uses Magnitude!
WC GM rolled up 1d20 1d6: 13 (13), 4 (4)
WC GM rolled up 2d10+23: 38 (38)
The stalagmite collapses! One would have to go totally prone to use it as cover now.
MaleGrunt: "A likely story. If Tim is with you, where is he?"
[OOC] WC GM: Esme and Antheia, you're up!
Max Thorn: "Vamoosed. Don't blame him, I'd do the same thing."
Anna Tommize looks around. Where *is* Tim?
[OOC] Esme: Is there one of those medium boulders within movement distance?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Max Thorn: "Antheia, give Two-Stone a knock, if you please." ((Fairy Wind))
[OOC] WC GM: Max already moved to one, but there are a few others.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+20: 18 (18), 29 (29)
[OOC] Esme: Also, how close are the grunts to each other?
Anna Tommize: "L-look, we've got o-our p-papers…let's just t-talk, yeh?"
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Anna has to try.
Two-Stone is buffeted but holds his ground.
MaleGrunt: "And let you rescue this infiltrator? I think not."
[OOC] WC GM: The grunts are adjacent.
[OOC] WC GM: As if they had not expected serious resistance.
[OOC] WC GM: So if you have a Burst 2+, you can totally hit them both.
Esme palms one of the black and red balls she pulled from her belt, pressing a button. It begins beeping rapidly. "No time for talk, Anna." She makes a beeline for one of the boulders, but not before flinging the ball at one of the grunts. [Shift -> Pester Ball Attack]
Anna Tommize: "W-we can wait until you move him away, t-then?"
[OOC] Esme: Blast 2! …if it hits
Max Thorn: "Had no intention of rescuing him. I'm just looking out for myself and my friends, since you seem intent on being idiots."
Esme rolled up 1d20: 12 (12)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Anna Tommize just looks agape at Esme.
Esme winks, and the ball crackles with purple electricity, before exploding into a torrent of flame! That's an explosion.
[OOC] WC GM: Which status effect?
[OOC] Esme: BURN BABY
Anna Tommize: "Y-you just hurt him!"
MaleGrunt: "Arrgh!"
FemaleGrunt: "Oww…"
Anna Tommize: "Why are you hurting them?!"
Max Thorn: "Meeps, I'm not your mistress, but would you please chivvy Anna into another bit of cover?"
Esme: "BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO KILL US!"
[OOC] WC GM: Anna, you're up!
Meeps nods and starts continuing to bop Anna.
Anna Tommize is bopped into cover, and just looks at Meeps, terrified.
Anna Tommize: "B-be safe, OK?"
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Applying sage effect to Meeps.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Using it to trigger excited condition.
MaleGrunt: "Darn right we are!" He runs after Esme and lets loose with a burst of bullets.
Max Thorn: "How unsporting, using firearms on unarmed civilians."
WC GM rolled up 1d20 1d8+14: 8 (8), 17 (17)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits for 11 damage after defense
[OOC] Esme: ouchies
The female grunt braces and sights at Anna and Meeps.
WC GM rolled up 1d20+2 2d6+16: 3 (3), 25 (25)
Meeps squares off with the Grunt.
[OOC] WC GM: Hits for 15 damage after defense to each.
[OOC] WC GM: Meeps!
Esme winces, struck by bullet graze. She grits her teeth, and begins fiddling with the glove on her right hand.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Is that after the sage/Excited DR?
[OOC] WC GM: Before that DR
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Oh. Because combined they're 11 DR.
[OOC] WC GM: Also before Friend Guard, if that applies.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Meeps should take 4, and yeah Anna's getting friend guarded.
[OOC] WC GM: Since Anna is adjacent to Meeps and I assume counts as an ally? ;)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yes. : P
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway, Meeps' retaliation time.
Anna Tommize Gasps as Meeps flares electricity in the face of the gunfire. It…doesn't seem too bothered by the bullets?
Instead, it retaliates with a quick blast to the grunt!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Let's try…Thundershock.
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d20 1d8+18: 19 (19), 24 (24)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: And that's a paralyze.
The female grunt seizes up, electricity arcing along her gun!
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2. Max and Gervaise!
Anna Tommize: "Muh Meeps!"
Max Thorn: "Time to groove, Antheia!"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Agility Orders
[OOC] WC GM: Which…means Antheia's init moves up, and Antheia moves now.
Anna Tommize winces and grabs her shoulder in pain. Holy crap she just got shot!
Gervaise emerges from below, and attempts to give Two-Stone a painful strike of his horn! [Shift -> Peck]
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 21 (21)
[OOC] Esme: oh hello
[OOC] WC GM: Crit!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: How much damage does Anna take post Friend Guard?
[OOC] WC GM: 15 resisted one step, yes?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yeah.
[OOC] WC GM: Which I believe comes to 7?
Esme rolled up 2d8+24: 32 (32)
Max Thorn: "And another knock, I think."
[OOC] Anna Tommize: OK. Gawd Anna and her sheep are deceptively tanky.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+20: 8 (8), 28 (28)
[OOC] Max Thorn: Target is Two-Stone again.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Or Four-Grain, if Two-Stone is now out of commission.
Two-Stone is still standing, though obviously injured…
Four-Grain bursts out of the ground right behind Meeps and Anna!
Anna Tommize turns around and holds her head!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Miss?
Four-Grain erupts just a bit too far away…
[OOC] WC GM: Esme!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Which move? Dig?
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Gotcha.
[OOC] WC GM: Was targeted on your original location, but only Anna & Meeps are still there.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Shame we don't have Malta on hand.
[OOC] WC GM: Malta's flying around cheeping aggressively, but with Sam and Jack just taking cover, is not attacking.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Would I be able to use my action to try to direct Malta?
[OOC] WC GM: …I'd really prefer you don't, without Sam's player explicitly okaying it beforehand?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Okay.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway, Esme's turn.
Esme stands from behind the boulder, purple smoke engulfing her right hand! She rushes MaleGrunt with a palm strike!
Esme rolled up 1d20: 9 (9)
[OOC] Esme: AC 4
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Esme rolled up 2d6+18: 29 (29) (Special!)
The male grunt staggers back under the blow!
[OOC] WC GM: Anna!
Esme warily smiles. "Not unarmed anymore."
Anna Tommize slowly processes that she is being shot at. Why would someone shoot at her? It makes no sense? Still….
Max Thorn: "The /rest/ of us still aren't armed."
Anna Tommize hits the dirt.
Esme: "Then do what you can!"
[OOC] WC GM: Just getting into cover against the guns?
Anna Tommize then desperately directs her Gaze to Meeps, desperately trying to will the bad wavs away.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Applying Sage, again.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Go prone behind the available cover and apply sage.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 12 (12)
Both of the grunts whirl their guns toward the one trainer not under cover: Esme.
WC GM rolled up 1d20 1d20: 1 (1), 3 (3)
[OOC] Esme: YEAAAAH
…who ducks under both streams of bullets easily.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Was that 12 the resist check?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: OK.
Max Thorn: "…Did you guys skimp on target practice or something?"
[OOC] WC GM: Meeps!
MaleGrunt: "Hey, it's dark in here! We can barely see you."
It…isn't THAT dark…
Max Thorn: "Wouldn't that make using guns a bad idea? Might accidentally shoot each other."
MaleGrunt: "…you're right." He begins getting out another grenade.
Meeps positions itself next to the Sandshrew that popped up behind it, trying to make itself seem open for a quick swipe of the claw, before carefully focusing its electricity into its tail, lighting the cavern up. ((Reflect))
Max Thorn: "…Grenades would also be a bad idea, since you might blow each other up too."
[OOC] WC GM: Max & Gervaise!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Reflect activates excited condition.
FemaleGrunt: "Stick to your training!" She keeps her hands on her gun.
Max Thorn: "Antheia, keep groovin' and see if you can take Two-Stone out."
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+20: 3 (3), 23 (23)
[OOC] WC GM: Antheia's attack?
[OOC] Max Thorn: AC 2.
[OOC] Max Thorn: And yes, that's Fairy Wind.
Two-Stone ducks this time.
Gervaise attempts to slap the ducking Two-Stone further into his beloved dirt. [Peck]
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 11 (11)
[OOC] WC GM: Hit
Esme rolled up 1d8+18: 22 (22)
Two-Stone is still standing, but barely…
Four-Grain stomps the ground! As Anna hits the dirt, the dirt tries to hit Anna (and Meeps)!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 9 (9)
WC GM rolled up 1d6: 5 (5)
WC GM rolled up 3d8+23: 38 (38)
[OOC] Esme: Dat Magnitude
[OOC] WC GM: 28 damage to both before Reflect, Friend Guard, etc.
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Let's…both activate reflect. That's a big magnitude roll.
Two-Stone tries to kick some sand into Esme's eyes!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Meeps will pop sage/Excited/Reflect
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 13 (13)
[OOC] Esme: That'll make it neutral for Meeps and resisted for you, which is probably for the best
Esme is Blinded!
[OOC] WC GM: Esme!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: So Meeps takes, uh…17, And Anna will take…19?
[OOC] WC GM: Sounds right.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Meeps was *trying* to get it to Slash at it, but oh well.
[OOC] Esme: It's got STAB and SE, mang
[OOC] Anna Tommize: I know, I know.
[OOC] WC GM: …forgot STAB. >_<
WC GM rolled up 3d12+23: 35 (35)
[OOC] WC GM: …3 *less* damage.
[OOC] WC GM: Thank you Chessa.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: …Yay.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: It did roll rly well, to be fair.
Esme flails about, swinging at the MaleGrunt through clenched eyes!
Esme rolled up 1d20-6: -5 (-5)
[OOC] Esme: HAHAHAHA
Esme clobbers thin air!
Anna Tommize wretches after the blow to her stomach as she curls up behind the rock and desperately tries to stay alive.
[OOC] WC GM: Anna!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: So…Meeps takes 14?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Esme hops backwards, getting herself behind that rock again. [Shift]
[OOC] Anna Tommize: OK both are at 33
[OOC] Esme: Luckily Attacks of Opp can't be made by paralyzed doods 8D
[OOC] Anna Tommize: I can paralyze the other trainer?
[OOC] WC GM: The female grunt's paralyzed, not the male one.
[OOC] Esme: Ah boo
[OOC] WC GM: But the male one isn't AoOing.
Anna Tommize desperately curls up and whispers for help. A fighter she is not, apparently. Still…
Anna Tommize: "Meeps, p-please…"
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Sage applied.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 20 (20)
The female grunt runs around and tries shooting Max this time!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 16 (16)
WC GM rolled up 1d8+14: 19 (19)
[OOC] WC GM: 12 damage to Max after Defense
The male grunt takes aim at Antheia!
WC GM rolled up 1d20+2 1d8+14: 20 (20), 21 (21)
WC GM rolled up 1d8+6: 7 (7)
[OOC] WC GM: 22 damage to Antheia after Defense
[OOC] Max Thorn: unless that's an increased crit range, that's not a crit.
[OOC] WC GM: It is.
[OOC] WC GM: Aiming Down the Sights
The male grunt glares briefly at his counterpart, now holding his gun one-handed with his grenade in the other.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Max: 35/47 Antheia: 12/34, one injury.
[OOC] WC GM: Meeps!
[OOC] Anna Tommize: OK. Yeah I'm thinking.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: I *want* to get this Sandshrew off my ass but I can't zap it.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: …What's the female grunt look like?
[OOC] WC GM: A female grunt. That burn has been taking its toll, though.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: OK. Oh, wait, didn't I land a crit when I zapped her, too?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Rolled 19 on accuracy.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Or is that only 20?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, she's paralyzed.
[OOC] WC GM: Been making her saves, though.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Critical hit range is its own thing I thought?
[OOC] Esme: I shoulda just poisoned them, I forgot that without Jack around everyone's hitting off SpDef
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yeah. Ah well.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Ah would of had to be a 20.
[OOC] Esme: Crits are only on 20 unless you have something that increases crit range
[OOC] Esme: Though if you have both Crit and Effect range can overlap, yeh
[OOC] Anna Tommize: …Did the Sandshrew magnitude twice in a row?
[OOC] WC GM: No. It used Dig then Magnitude.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Oh OK.
[OOC] Esme: D-yeh
[OOC] WC GM: The other one used Magnitude then Sand Attack.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: I'm trying to think of what to do to not get 1-shot by the next magnitude basically.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: …Growl I guess.
[OOC] WC GM: Consider that it's at point blank range to you.
[OOC] WC GM: You have many options.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yeah. Grapple it to tie it up, I could tackle it but it wouldn't hit very hard…prolly best to try and cut the attack stages. So, growl.
[OOC] WC GM: Also note: the trainer's announced tactic was to try to flush you out from behind the stalagmite.
[OOC] WC GM: The female grunt may be slightly surprised that you haven't moved away yet.
[OOC] WC GM: And that you're still standing.
Meeps faces the Sandshrew and Baaahs at it aggressively, as if to ask "That all you got?"
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d20: 9 (9)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Growl hits, I assume.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Also it's burst. Any chance I can hit both shrews?
Four-Grain looks a bit put off.
[OOC] WC GM: Nope. Four-Grain is in your face; Two-Stone is engaging the others.
[OOC] WC GM: But yeah, it hit.
[OOC] WC GM: Max & Gervaise!
Max Thorn: "All right. Antheia, keep groovin' and give Two-Stone another piece of mind."
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+20: 16 (16), 29 (29)
Two-Stone faints!
…something snaps…
Two-Stone gets back up!
Max Thorn: "…Oh for the love of."
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Probably a brace?
Gervaise takes another potshot at the resistant-shrew. [Peck]
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 19 (19)
[OOC] Esme: I vote focus band
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Esme rolled up 1d8+18: 20 (20)
FemaleGrunt: "Damn! Four-Grain, we need an exit!"
MaleGrunt: "We can take them!"
FemaleGrunt: "REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING!"
Four-Grain dives back into the ground!
[OOC] Esme: is Two-Stone still up?
Two-Stone wavers a bit, glowers, then digs a hole as well.
MaleGrunt: "Two-Stone, I didn't…ah, whatever."
[OOC] WC GM: Esme then Anna!
Meeps steps over the hole and continues growling into it.
Max Thorn: "Don't think I've come across an item that works *that* way before."
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Hey, sorry, this sounds weird I expect, but I got stuck in traffic
[OOC] Max Thorn: Nah, shit happens.
Esme wipes her eyes free of sand, then emerges once again from the boulder with a smoke-laden hand. This time it's more of a fist, though again aimed at the MaleGrunt!
Esme rolled up 1d20: 17 (17)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Pick off the female trainer?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Or male, I guess.
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
[OOC] WC GM: Which status?
[OOC] Esme: No status, just punching
[OOC] Anna Tommize: No poison?
[OOC] WC GM: Roll damage, then.
[OOC] Esme: Anyone hit with a pester ball is immune to further balls for an hour
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Ah.
Esme rolled up 2d6+18: 25 (25)
[OOC] Esme: Special, Poison-type though!
The male grunt staggers, nearly dropping his grenade.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Is there an IC excuse for Jack not being there? Because I expect being buried under a pile of zubats
[OOC] Max Thorn: Shock of combat's excuse enough for Jack to have stayed out of it.
[OOC] WC GM: Cowering with Sam behind the remaining stalagmite, emphasis on "remaining": there's been some terrain destruction.
Anna Tommize peeks out from around her cover and just…looks at the female Grunt. "Why?" the look asks. "Why would you do this to us?" (Babydoll eyes.)
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d20: 16 (16)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: -1 attack stage
[OOC] WC GM: Hits! And that will do it…
The male grunt holds his grenade high, staring daggers at Esme. "Right! Taaake thi-"
[OOC] WC GM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw
BlondMan: "Raichu, THUNDER!"
Raichu: "CHUUUUU!"
A bolt of thunder intersects the grenade, setting it off in the male grunt's hand. When the blast fades…well, the man still has his fingers, but that's quite the burn.
The female grunt glowers at her companion, then grabs him by his uninjured hand and drags him into the hole.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: While paralyzed?
[OOC] WC GM: As best she can.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Jeeze Lt. Surge, that was a bit extreme
Meeps isn't going to let them go, and starts off after them.
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d20: 14 (14)
Esme winces, holding up her arms to guard as best as she could aga-wait it got him instead. She breathes a sigh of relief.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Thundershock on female grunt
[OOC] WC GM: Hits.
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d8+18: 21 (21)
It's super-effective! Meeps sees both trainers collapse, before the sandshrews collapse the tunnel behind them.
Anna gets a glimpse of this too.
Anna Tommize looks down the hole in horror, and then, sobbing, cuddles up to the Meeps.
Meeps looks *very* proud.
Max Thorn gets out his first-aid kit and starts patching people up. "Good work, Meeps."
Meeps: "Baaah."
Jack Layfield: "The hell just happened?" Jack finally sticks his head up, Sandile poking her head up right next to him.
The blond man finally stands up - or tries to, but there are too many bullet holes in his legs. "Thanks for the rescue, but it's too late for us. Unless you've got some kind of super medical…"
Esme holds her chest with her left hand, panting heavily as the adrenaline wears off. Gervaise hustles over, prodding her leg.
Blissey drops in from above. Blissey used Heal Bell! Blissey used Softboiled! Blissey used Healing Wish!
Anna Tommize clutches her shoulder.
…something snaps, EXACTLY like before…
Blissey faints from using Healing Wish, then stands back up.
Jack Layfield: "AAAAAAAAAAH." Jack thinks something so big and pink should not be that mobile.
The blond man blinks, many of his and his raichu's injuries having simply vanished. "You…what…"
BlondMan: "You…you saved me and my partner's lives. Thank you."
Jack Layfield: "Don't thank us, thank the ninja pink blob."
Max Thorn: "So that's where you went, Blissey."
Jack Layfield: "….Well and us. But mostly the people who weren't me."
The blond man stands up. "I'm thanking all of you. Without you, this blissey wouldn't have had time to…" He shakes his head. "I'm Lieutenant Surge, and this is my partner, Raichu. Please, tell me your names, so I know who to repay someday."
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I KNEW IT. I BLOODY KNEW IT
Max Thorn 's focusing on patching up the people who aren't him first…Anna, then Esmé.
Esme: "Wh…" She is equally confused by the sudden appearance of Blissey. Also some Lieutenant dude. "Oh!" Shaking her head, she fiddles with her glove, the swirling smoke dissipating back within it.
[OOC] WC GM: I did give hints.
Max Thorn: "I'm Maximilien Thorn, studying and training to become a pokémon professor."
[OOC] WC GM: BTW, 20 XP to each pokemon - including those that didn't participate in combat. Your pokedexes detect that Exp Share in use again, even though Tim is nowhere in sight.
Max Thorn: "But my friends call me Max."
Anna Tommize is still crying into her fluffball.
Max Thorn: "…Hey, Jack. Could you have Sandy go find Tim and let him know it's safe to come out again?"
Jack Layfield: "I'm uh, Jack Layfield, and unlike these rad maniacs I actually take cover during explosions." Jack nods at Max. "Good idea. Sandy, go find Tim and Sands, I don't want the little dude to be hurt."
Esme: "Esmé Duval, of the Fontaine-Duval Estate. Researcher…"
[OOC] WC GM: Where is Sandy searching?
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Back behind the cover we were just in, that general area.
Esme shuffles over to Anna. "It's over, we're alright."
There is no sign of Tim back down the tunnel.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Those Sandshrew probably can't get too far hauling their trainers.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Should we capture them?
LtSurge: "I came here to investigate Team Jaeger, but they saw me coming in. I hate to ask more, but I've got a helicopter hidden nearby. If I take off in broad daylight, they'll find me. I need some sort of cover to evac. Think you can create a blizzard?"
Max Thorn: "…Jack, he's probably underground."
Meeps wanders over to the Raichu and prods it to try and achieve dominance.
Anna Tommize: "MarEeeEp"
[OOC] Esme: Eh, Burrow 5 and Power 3 are more than enough to drag two trainers
Max Thorn: "None of our current pokémon know Blizzard, as far as I know."
Jack Layfield: "Oh….right. Sandy, dig down, look for Tim and Sands under us."
Raichu glares back, but is woozy enough that it soon winds up just leaning in Meeps' fluff.
Jack Layfield: "There are ice types about, right?"
Esme: "Maybe? We didn't get far enough to find out."
LtSurge: "There's a giant mountain of snow right over there." He jerks a thumb toward the cave exit.
LtSurge: "Should be more than enough material to work with."
Mareep baaahs triumphantly.
There are quite a few tunnels underneath, apparently created during the battle. No Tim there either, though.
Jack Layfield: "This is getting weird. Where could the kid have gone?"
LtSurge: "Are you missing someone?"
Max Thorn: "…Either he's gone back to Metro Beach or he's up ahead in Ice Cove by now."
Max Thorn: "I'd bet on Ice Cove, if his sandshrew knows the way."
Max Thorn uses a Potion on Antheia and another on Meeps.
Anna Tommize just curls up and holds her shoulder.
Anna Tommize: "T-t-they shot at meh…"
Anna Tommize: "W-why would they…"
Esme: "Because that is what they do."
Max Thorn: "Because they're jerks. And I've already patched you and Esmé up."
Surge walks up to Anna, kneels to look at her at eye level, and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Buck up. They're gone now, but this is what they do."
Anna Tommize looks up at Surge, gulps, and nods nervously.
Anna Tommize: "O-OK…"
Meeps walks up to Anna and Baaah's affectionately.
Surge smiles and stands up. "That's more like it. So tell me about your missing man."
Anna Tommize sniffs.
Esme leans down and pats Gervaise. "Lucky you remaining unscathed, mon petit chou."
Anna Tommize: "H-he's a clone…"
Anna Tommize: "O-of the Jaggie l-leader…"
Surge BLINKS. "Whaaat?"
Anna Tommize: "W-w-with an ogg…Ah mean, an egg…"
Max Thorn: "…What? And if that's true, why didn't you say so earlier?"
Anna Tommize: "Plurple…"
Anna Tommize: "A-ann grey egg…"
Anna Tommize: "B-but he's nice! Ah'm worried for 'im!"
Anna Tommize: "Don't hurt 'im!"
Esme: "…Also not very bright."
Anna Tommize: "C-clones ain't da same pleople!"
LtSurge: "That…he CLONED himself?!?"
Anna Tommize: "Ah dunno, s'what I 'eard…"
Surge puts a hand to his chin. "That would explain a few things."
Esme perks. "What things?"
Anna Tommize: "W-we need t'find 'im!"
LtSurge: "So why is he with you? I assume you kidnapped him?"
Anna Tommize pushes herself to her feet.
Anna Tommize: "Nooo! No! Kidnapping ish wrong!"
Anna Tommize: "He was our chaperone!"
LtSurge: "…what."
Anna Tommize looks disapprovingly at Lt. Surge.
Max Thorn: "Nah. He was assigned to travel with us."
Anna Tommize: "I'll only tell ya i-if ya say so."
Anna Tommize: "Kidnapping ish wrong!"
Anna Tommize: "Even clones!"
Anna Tommize seems to feel very strongly about this.
LtSurge: "Why would…" Surge shakes his head. "That doesn't make any sense!"
Anna Tommize: "Say it!"
Max Thorn: "Believe me, I'm as lost as you are."
LtSurge: "Okay, okay! Kidnapping is wrong!"
Anna Tommize: "Gud!"
LtSurge: "But you're telling me, the leader of Team Jaeger not only cloned himself, but let his clone walk around with…"
LtSurge: "Waaait. Just who ARE you guys?"
Anna Tommize: "Ah dunno why. 'E had an egg…Ooh. Oh!"
Max Thorn: "New trainers."
Esme sighs. "Freshly registered trainers."
Anna Tommize: "Ah-ah'm Anna…Anna Tommize…"
Anna Tommize produces her badge.
Max Thorn pulls out his trainer card and holds it up, after making sure the registration date hasn't mysteriously changed since he looked at it last.
Anna Tommize: "All new trainers g-get a Jaggy chaperone…"
Anna Tommize: "We got Tim."
Esme holds up a pokedex. It's got all that fun registration stuff in it.
Max Thorn: "The region's being run by the resident crimelords, as I'm sure you already know."
Anna Tommize: "'E had an egg, s-so…mebbe to hatch it, 'e was s'posed to be with us?"
Surge pulls out his pokedex and, if Esme does not prevent it, taps his to hers, transferring contact information.
Esme: "Oh! Neat!"
Anna Tommize: "P-please dun hurt 'im!"
LtSurge: "Yeah, I know. The police association sent me to find out what's going on."
LtSurge: "And if there's a way to overthrow Team Jaeger."
Anna Tommize looks up at Surge. Meeps, in turn, glares at him to not cross her.
Anna Tommize: "Pliss!"
Jack Layfield: "What's going on is everything is un-radical and the gym leaders and pokemon centers are the only thing keeping us from anarchy man."
Esme: "Well, they're also heavily armed."
Esme: "Not heavily enough though, if those two were any indication…"
Anna Tommize still holds her shoulder, nervously.
Jack Layfield: "They're not all that good at the 'pokemon' part of pokemon battles."
LtSurge: "Those were scouts. They were probably in the area and sent because they could find me quickly."
Max Thorn: "Anyway. We need to find him, for his own protection and ours."
LtSurge: "According to reports they've got tanks, but I haven't seen-"
Tim: "THE RAIDERTANKS AREN'T OURS!"
Anna Tommize: "Tim!"
Max Thorn: "…There he is."
Tim: "Uh…I mean, I'm still not heeere…"
Tim is still not in sight. His voice came from…somewhere nearby…
Anna Tommize: "A-ahr ya OK?"
Jack Layfield: "Not the best at stealth, little dude."
Anna Tommize: "T-Tim? Where awr ya?"
Anna Tommize: "Jaggies attacked us!"
LtSurge: "…'raider' tanks?"
Surge looks at the group. "What did he mean by that?"
Max Thorn: "Beats me. Like I said before, new trainers."
Anna Tommize: "Ah…n-not sure, but…Da jaggies say they dealt w-with raiders in Dojji…"
Jack Layfield: "This is why I get the impression Team Jaeger is not nearly in the sort of control they claim to be."
LtSurge: "…interesting…"
Anna Tommize: "Ah t-think t-they blame Amoda…"
Jack Layfield: "Like, raider tanks sound pretty dang sweet."
Anna Tommize frowns.
Anna Tommize: "But I dun wanna hurt 'em…"
Anna Tommize goes back to look for Tim.
Anna Tommize: "Tiiiim? Awr ya OK?"
[OOC] WC GM: Perception check for Anna.
Anna Tommize rolled up 3d6: 7 (7)
[OOC] Anna Tommize: D:
Max Thorn patches himself up as best he can now that everyone else has been treated…
Tim is certainly not in the cave proper, nor is he just outside the entrance, nor down the tunnel, nor is he below…
Anna Tommize keeps looking! She can't let her friend get trapped!
Anna Tommize: "Tiiim? Shout if ya can hear me! Ah heard you!"
Max Thorn: "Try looking up."
Anna Tommize looks up.
Anna Tommize: "Muh?"
There s a quick scrabbling sound from the roof. Looks like Max guessed right.
Anna Tommize starts flitting around. "Aaah! We gotta get'im down! We gotta get'im down!"
Anna Tommize: "T-Tim! W-why didn't ya help us? We almos' died!"
Max Thorn: "You can come down, Tim."
Jack Layfield: "I think he was hiding, like the sane people."
Esme: "Getting down is easy. How he got up there is what was probably hard."
Jack Layfield: "Frisky little scamp ain't the dude."
Max Thorn: "I'm *sure* the Lieutenant won't try to take custody of you. Right?" He gives Surge the look.
LtSurge: "What did you say he was? Your 'chaperone'?"
Anna Tommize: "Officially!"
Jack Layfield: "To be honest man, I think we're more of his chaperones."
Anna Tommize: "B-but really, we were kinda lookin after 'im…"
Anna Tommize: "His egg is wavvy tho..b-be careful…."
Anna Tommize takes her glasses off and rubs her eyes.
Surge looks up. "I think…maybe if I step outside and start heading for my chopper…can I count on you for that blizzard, in not too long?"
Esme shrugs. "Maybe?"
LtSurge: "Let me put it this way: if I don't evacuate, more of them will come for me - and you too."
LtSurge: "Whereas if you help me escape, the attacks stop."
Jack Layfield: "Sure, I mean, at worst, it'll just be an avalanche, not a blizzard."
Max Thorn: "If Fairy Wind'll be sufficient, I can certainly do that."
LtSurge: "Make it a big one, and that will do."
Surge salutes. "I leave Amoda on your mark!" And picks up Raichu and walks out, Blissey at his side.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone stopping him?
Anna Tommize: "B-be careful pliss!"
Esme: "What should we do with this contact info?"
Max Thorn: "Hang on to it. If we're in a pinch, maybe…"
Jack Layfield: "Keep it, you never know."
Once Surge is out of sight, Tim drops from the ceiling, via the same hole Blissey used. "Phew! Oh, I mean, err, hi there trainers who I got separated from and totally wasn't eavesdropping on. Nothing happened so now we can just go play in the snow out there, right?"
Sands lands next to Tim and rolls his eyes.
Jack Layfield: "Tim…we're not stupid little broski."
Max Thorn sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Right. We'd better get going."
Jack Layfield: "Don't forget to fairy wind the snow."
Tim just smiles. "Well, I-I mean, if you'd encountered some sort of INFILTRATOR I'd be bound to report it and create a fuss, but nothing like that happened, right?"
Max Thorn heads out into the snow and gets the snow a-blowin' via Antheia and judicious application of Fairy Wind.
Esme picks up Gervais. "Hopefully that'll make enough of a 'blizzard' for him?"
Max Thorn: "If not, I have pokéballs if you want to search for an Ice-type."
Anna Tommize blinks.
Footsteps in the snow lead up and away.
Anna Tommize: "But we actually….Oooooh."
As Max heads out…it's going to take more than Fairy Wind.
It's like standing on the side of a wall of snow. Even craning neck up, the mountain wall seems to stretch to infinity above.
Max Thorn: "Welp. Better find an ice-type, and fast."
Meeps heads up and headprodding the mass of snow to try and loosen it.
Almost all is white up here, with dots of grey or green, or black and shading where the occasional weather station interrupts the snow.
Jack Layfield: "Do you think thunder fang will do anything?"
Max Thorn rolled up 2d6: 9 (9) (Perception)
Anna Tommize: "M-Mebbe…"
Max Thorn: "Probably not."
Anna Tommize: "T-try thunderwave…? Meeps?"
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d6: 8 (8) (perception )
Meeps obliges, trying to pass electricity through the snow mass with thunderwave to loosen it.
Esme: "I do have more Pester Balls, I've made. As you've seen, they have… uhh, quite a blast radius."
[OOC] Anna Tommize: AVALANNNCHE
Max Thorn: "…Oh hey, there's a weather station over there."
Max Thorn walks over to it and tries to hail whoever's inside.
Jack Layfield: "Let's ask them how to start a blizzard! I mean, uh, theoretically."
Esme: "Aren't we supposed to meet someone at one of those, anyway?"
Some pounding on the door gets it opened from inside. A scientist - judging from her white coat - peers out. "What are you doing here? Come inside, quickly!"
Max Thorn: "Hey, guys! Over here! Quickly!"
Jack Layfield: "Why do we need to be inside? Don't tell me what to do."
Max Thorn: "…Would you rather freeze out there, Jack?"
Anna Tommize tilts shivers a bit before following. Brr.
Esme scoots on in. Not really wanting to stand in the fresh combat zone tunnel.
Jack still heads inside, he just worries this will hurt his image as an upstart youth.
Max Thorn enters once everyone else is inside. "So, what're we in for, anyway?"
The scientist closes the door after you enter. The station is a bit cozy, the "outer" half (facing away from the mountain wall) dominated by various high-tech instruments, the "inner" half set up with various creature comforts. "The seismometers aren't reading any further activity. Looks like we dodged a bullet."
Jack Layfield: "Could we un-dodge the bullet?"
Scientist: "Were you in the Route One tunnel just now? There were a few minor earthquakes, and I was worried…"
Max Thorn blinks. "Yes, some really dumb mooks had sandshrews using Magnitude."
Anna Tommize: "W-we were fight'in Jaggies…"
Scientist: "Oh! I should introduce myself. I'm Weiss, and I'm coordinating the avalanche mitigation effort."
Anna Tommize: "They shot at us!"
Weiss STARES at Anna. "You were WHAT?!?"
Weiss: "HERE?!?"
Esme: "They're gone now, it's ok."
Anna Tommize frowns.
Weiss frowns. "Don't they know…oooh, no respect at all…this is bad. Very bad. If they…"
Jack Layfield: "We just need to create a blizzard to help someone get away from them."
Anna Tommize: "A-ah, could we, e-erm…"
Anna Tommize: "Y-yeh."
Weiss: "So I take it you weren't sent up from town to help out? And you probably don't know about the situation?"
Esme: "New trainers. Headed to Ice Cove!"
Weiss clears her throat. "So! Every few years the snow builds up and we have to slough it off. Normally this is easy enough, but…well, let's just say Team Jaeger's prevented our usual methods. So now it's built up further."
Weiss: "If we don't, we're not just going to have an avalanche on our hands."
Max Thorn: "Well…we /were/ told to meet with someone, or so Esmé said. I didn't get any details, though."
Esme: "Ivan!"
Weiss: "Yes, Ivan's up here too, in another station. This is serious, and he's got experience dealing with it."
Max Thorn: "So what can we do to help?"
SamanthaSpade: "Experience dealing with it now, or experience with it using the old way that you can't use anymore?"
Weiss: "Well…if you know of a way to keep helicopters from being shot down, that'd help. Normally we have flying pokemon - and, these days, helicopters - lay down guides to force the snow out to sea. But now Team Jaeger's throwing a fit and trying to shoot down all of those."
Weiss: "Something about an infiltrator."
Weiss: "Thing is, if we can't bleed off this snow soon?"
Esme: "Ah, yes. We were told to make a blizzard, of some sort?"
Weiss: "We'll have an avalanche so large, it'll push all the buildings in Ice Cove into the sea. The town will be destroyed."
SamanthaSpade: "What kind of guides?"
Max Thorn: "Any way we could blow the snow away to help lighten the load?"
Weiss: "Simple sheets, usually steel."
Weiss: "You'd need a lot of force, but if you and your pokemon have a way, that'd help."
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I need to take off
[OOC] WC GM: It's about session end time anyway.
[OOC] WC GM: Last lines?
[OOC] Esme: I got nothin
Jack Layfield: "Do you have any snowboards, brah?"
[OOC] WC GM: …famous last line! XD

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License