Session 52

The Jaeger with the accordion takes one hand off his instrument and waves to the crowd. "I'm gonna sing it to 'em. Anyone with me?"
Two tables - one with five grunts, the other with what could be a brother-sister pair - raise their mugs and cheer. The rest of the tavern seems content to listen.
Accordion Jaeger: "Alright!" He begins playing an upbeat but quick, almost marching, cadence. Three bars in, he nods to the Jaegers who volunteered, who chime in as a chorus.
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "Where dark deals are done!" "In the shade from the sun!"
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, they depend on who you know."
The bard nods, apparently satisfied, and plays two more bars before speaking up. "It's always oh so dark at night,"
Accordion Jaeger: "And by day there's little sunlight!"
Accordion Jaeger: "They say it tweaks the mind,"
Accordion Jaeger: "But look, we are all fine."
Accordion Jaeger: "Happy, merry, and quite alright!"
It takes but one beat before the first table resumes the chorus. "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "Where there's water all around!" "Just be careful, 'less you drown."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, or off to the deep you'd go."
Similing at that, the musician continues, "But dark pokemon draw such power from their hearts."
Accordion Jaeger: "Love and rage and other things to tear their souls apart."
Accordion Jaeger: "Their trainer must sync with them."
Accordion Jaeger: "Rein their little dramas in."
Accordion Jaeger: "Pokepsychology is a common place to start."
This time the chorus does not even wait a beat. "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "If Amoda'd done Mewtwos they'd be here." "Grown up ever drunk on anger and fear."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, we're all glad that they said no!"
The music man quietly grumbles, "What's with them and Mewtwos?" , while playing the next couple beats before singing aloud again. "Enter a performer whose career is completely through."
Accordion Jaeger: "He's washed up, has been, so he comes here to start anew."
Accordion Jaeger: "He still puts on some shows,"
Accordion Jaeger: "But little does he know,"
Accordion Jaeger: "They calm the local pokemon, from the sky to the deep blue."
The two tables exchange silent glances for a couple beats, quickly planning by gesture, before the next chorus.
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "They say his shows were to die for." "His first show stirred me to my core."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, and go on did the shows."
The bard winces at that butchery but does not miss a beat. "When the old gym leader retired, no one had a doubt."
Accordion Jaeger: "The performer stepped up with no jeer or opposing shout."
Accordion Jaeger: "But then one day the Jaegers came."
Accordion Jaeger: "He did not fight; instead, he played."
Accordion Jaeger: "Frantic and desperate for a survivable out."
The chorus tables blink in unison, but only wait one beat before replying.
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "We had no desire to wreck good art." "We could tell this man was a world apart."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, we took him as our fellow."
The man with the accordion dances a bit to lead into his last verse. "I knew him well. I saw when it all caused him to snap."
Accordion Jaeger: "Now his gym battles are fate and luck and that claptrap."
Accordion Jaeger: "You could kind of say he is my twin."
Accordion Jaeger: "He does drama, while I make folk grin."
Accordion Jaeger: "But now you are here. And sanity has such a good rap."
Sam Spade has stopped smiling. Instead there's an intense look to her eyes.
The music finally tails off, as the player bows to the party. "So. Do you think you could talk some sense into him please? You're the first challengers he'll have had in a while."
Max Thorn: "We can certainly /try/, yes."
Sam Spade grins, maybe a little weakly, before that shakiness leaves.
Sam Spade: "We've had some good luck in the past."
Esme: "A bit of luck!"
Sam Spade: "…Do you know why he's had so few challengers?"
Accordion Jaeger: "Well." He stands back up. "I'd imagine it's because the gym challenges have gotten more, well, challenging. But I haven't looked into it."
Esme: "I'd imagine the locale isn't helping either."
Linnea: "What a concept."
Accordion Jaeger: "Aye, there's that too. This is usually one of the least-challenged gyms, unless you were starting from Sandbar Harbor."
Max Thorn: "Mmm. Then there's the difficulty of getting here in the first place."
Sam Spade: "Granted."
Accordion Jaeger: "Anyway. His gym's an auditorium, hard to miss; his team'll be there even if he's not. The stage doubles as arena and theater."
Esme: "Hrm."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, down in the Shady Narrows."
Table 2: "But do not forget, Moth is still out there." "He was miffed at something; his anger filled the air."
Table 1: "Hey hey ho, with much caution should you go."
…the sudden outburst of chorus is done before the musician can resume playing, though his hands were reaching for his instrument as if by instinct.
Max Thorn: "(So which do we want to handle first, then? My vote's the gym leader, being the likely easier of the two to handle.)"
Linnea: "(May as well, right? Likely a less…uh…yeah.)
Esme: "(Presuming we don't get trapped in a psychic bubble when we head out and end up dealing with it anyway.)"
Esme: "(We usually never get the simple route…)"
Sam Spade: "So, this is where Team Jaeger comes to get away from the stress, right?"
Sam Spade: "To calm down, to let the hatred and anger fade for a bit?"
The brother-sister pair reply to Sam, "That's right!" "You here to join us? C'mon!"
Sam Spade smiles, a bit sadly.
Sam Spade: "I think right now, Moth might need that peace…"
Sam Spade looks from Max, to Linnea, to Esme.
Table 2: "Ha! Moth IS the stress!" "He's a great leader, but man…" "…and he isn't even the man." "That's just speculation."
Linnea: "…I mean, I'm not picky. I'm in this for the adventure."
Sam Spade: "Well, we know where to look for the Gym Leader, so we may as well head there."
Sam Spade: "What's his name, anyway?"
Accordion Jaeger: "His name?" He grins widely and gives off a long - but still at least arguably melodious - honk from his accordion as he intones, "Draaamaticus!"
Linnea: "…no way."
Accordion Jaeger: "…they say he changed it to that. Ah, the foibles of grown men choosing their own names, am I right?"
Max Thorn: "I suppose it could be worse."
The accordioned one's eyes, having been calm and serene, seem to lose their calmness a bit as he mentions the name, but only temporarily.
Tim: "So, what's the plan? Duck Moth and head for the gymmm…" He glances at the musician. "…itorium?"
Esme: "Sounds like!"
Sam Spade: "I'm not a hundred percent concerned with ducking…Moth…"
Max Thorn starts to make his way for the door…
Sam Spade: "…At least I hope we won't be killed out of hand. And if we can calm him down a bit…"
Sam Spade: "…But the Gymitorium does sound like the best destination for now, yeah."
Accordion Jaeger: "I'll try to distract Moth for you." He bows to the tavern. "If you'll excuse me. Bartender, a round for the audience, charge it to the usual account."
Max Thorn: "We've had some successful interaction before, anyway."
Linnea: "Why would we be killed? You gotta have a little more faith in yourself, and us."
The tavern cheers as the musician heads for the door, getting there at the same time as Max.
Esme: "…oh yeah, you haven't met Moth."
Linnea: "I mean, there's also that."
Sam Spade: "Honestly, I do. I have some in Moth, too. But Moth may not be entirely…in…control."
Linnea: "Eh?"
Max Thorn holds the door open for the man.
Linnea: "So you're saying Moth's an avatar?"
Sam Spade: "Well, we were being shot at on our approach, and…"
Sam Spade pauses.
Max Thorn: "…In a manner of speaking?"
Sam Spade: "You know, that does sound like it might be accurate, but to be honest, I don't think anyone knows."
Accordion Jaeger: "Thanks. Give me a few minutes, but only a few!" He runs out.
Esme pats Lin on the shoulder. "You'll see!"
Sam Spade: "They didn't back there, any rate."
Linnea: "Oh right, all that."
Linnea: "…That'd make things difficult."
Max Thorn closes the door again, and waits…
Linnea winces, rubbing her head.
Around the edges of the door creeps a familiar (to all the party except Linnea) purple light - but only for a moment.
Sam Spade hesitates.
Sam Spade: "Um. So, while we're waiting for…"
Sam Spade: "…What can you tell me about avatars?"
Linnea: "Ugh, it has to be such a headache…"
Linnea: "Oh, uh…"
Esme: "Well we've met…" She pauses. "…two? Three if we count the Miltank."
Linnea: "To put things simply, an avatar is an alternate form that a supernatural entity or deity can take, that's more comprehensible by mere mortals."
Sam Spade: "Ah."
Linnea: "…because if there's one things the gods love even more than mortals, it's meddling.'
Max Thorn: "Or likelier to escape notice."
Sam Spade: "Yes."
Sam Spade: "Then that's not Moth."
Esme: "Well…"
Linnea: "Then explain Moth."
Sam Spade: "Moth is man and pokemon with something equal to or less than two souls."
Linnea: "What."
Esme: "MewYwo typically are…different."
Sam Spade: "Exactly. No one really knows."
Esme: "Weird psychic symbiotic mess, from what I can tell."
Max Thorn: "It's a complicated situation, complicated all the more by the manner of his, uh, present condition."
Linnea: "…I feel another headache comin' on."
Sam Spade: "See, there's Moth, Timothy originally, who was a boy who may have been a clone paired with a MewTwo, called Ten because he? She? It? They were the tenth MewTwo made by Dojji."
Tim: "An avatar's another form a pokemon can take, right? My dad and his MewTwo are always together. So my dad's not an avatar. Besides, my dad was around before his Mewtwo…I think?"
Sam Spade: "Amodan forces killed the other nine MewTwos, but only succeeded in very badly and very…oddly…damaging Moth. Amodans survived the battle, we know that. So did Moth and Ten, in some fashion."
Tim: "…actually, 'Ten' was my dad's nickname. I don't think they named the MewTwo."
Sam Spade: "…Sorry, it was a very weird night."
Esme eyes the room.
The Jaegers are busy gulping down their free round, and are largely ignoring the party for now.
Max Thorn glances toward the door.
Sam Spade: "Anyway, we honestly don't know if Moth is in his MewTwo's mind, or if Moth is brain-dead and being puppeted by the MewTwo. The last time we saw him, Moth only moved under direct influence of the MewTwo, but…we don't know why."
Sam Spade: "Just that…"
Sam Spade hesitates, biting her lip, then continues.
The door remains sturdy, impassionate, and closed but not locked. There are no signs of psychic power from the door just now.
Esme: "…How long we gonna let that guy distract?"
Sam Spade: "Just that our ancestors did something scary, and it wasn't the first time."
Max Thorn checks the map. "I'd say 'go for it' at this point."
Sam Spade: "We can probably go now, I just wanted to make sure Linnea had some idea of the questions we want to answer without pissing off an already angry MewTwo."
Sam Spade heads for the door.
Suddenly…the door does not open by itself. The door does not head for Sam. The door remains as it has always been.
Sam Spade hesitates.
…why this would seem to be of sudden notice is an open question.
Sam Spade: "Did anyone…feel something…really weird, just now?"
Linnea: "Not counting the possibly psychic-induced headache I'm getting, no."
Max Thorn: "Probably just the atmosphere."
Esme shrugs. "Been feeling weird since we landed, so hard to tell."
And then the door does, in fact, open - outward.
Linnea: "And, you know, I'm always weird.
An absol peers around the door.
Linnea: "Oh! Hello!"
Max Thorn: "Oh, hello."
Esme: "…Great!"
Linnea: "I can't tell if this is a warning or not but…a friendlier face is always nice."
The absol's head tilts. Apparently not finding what was hoped for, the absol leaps away, bounding along the planked catwalks that are apparently this town's sidewalks.
Linnea: "Oh."
Linnea: "Uh, bye?"
Sam Spade: "Well, then. Tim, do you know which way to…?"
Max Thorn hmms. Is that absol heading toward the gymnatorium?
Ther is no sign of Moth - but there is the scent of the sea. From down here it is easy to tell how Shady Narrows got its name: the rock pillars jutting up everywhere do indeed block out direct sunlight, casting most of the area into shade, though there are occasional patches of sun.
The plankwalks are obviously built above high tide level. Barnacles and other marine life - pokemon and otherwise - litter the pillars below; it looks to be perhaps mid tide right now.
Buildings are built attached to or inside the pillars; the tavern is apparently the latter, occupying the entire pillar if it has a storage room in the back, as it probably does.
Sam Spade grabs hold of the railing and does not let go.
Although the pillars block direct line of sight, the map shows the gym being straight down the main plankwalk to the party's right - a broader "street" than most. However, this is also an open, easily observed path.
While there is a railing, it is rusty. Indeed, the section Sam grabs snaps right off, leaving her with essentially a rusted iron baton with impaling-sharp ends.
Esme releases Gervais as she steps outside. "Alright mon chou, today is the day we trade, because I don't wanna walk on this."
Sam Spade lets go.
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 12 (3 1 1 6) (Athletics to Mount)
Esme hops up on the Nidoking's back.
Sam Spade: "….I hate this place."
Linnea: "…"
Max Thorn: "Well…with any luck, we'll be able to leave sooner rather than later."
Gervais hunches over onto all fours, letting Esme sit between his spines.
Esme: "So, later, oui?"
Max Thorn heads toward the gym, pretending he didn't hear Esmé's last statement.
The plankwalks are sturdy, at least, with a second layer - possibly concrete - beneath the wooden walkways just in case, but none of the planks snap under the party's weight.
A number of people are out and about, almost all in Jaeger uniform.
The townspeople glance as the party goes by, but none interfere. One of the Jaegers appears to be attempting to launder a set of police clothes that look like they would fit on an Officer Jenny, trying to get some sort of dark stain out.
Max Thorn: "…"
Sam Spade is disturbed.
Linnea: "…yeah, I hate this place."
Sam Spade doesn't look it, but to the people who've been on this journey with her, it shows.
Max Thorn just, uh, quickens his pace a bit.
A pair of pink-haired children run by, one sliding feet-first under Gervais and the other simply parkouring over Gervais's neck, apparently in a game of tag. Their garb could have been sewn together from a Nurse Joy's standard uniform.
Esme leans out of the way, fiddling with some blue shards as she rides along. "Livelier than I expected, honestly."
And then an auditorium comes into view. The map coordinates match the gym's exactly. Four marble columns - white, contrasted with the black pillar behind them - frame a trio of double doors, the center doors being wide open.
Like the tavern, the gym appears to entirely fill a pillar - larger than the tavern's.
Max Thorn: "…Are we expected…?"
Linnea: "Knowing our luck, likely."
Inside would be dark, but the lights are on and spotlights illuminate a stage. Several rows of theater seats line descending paths to said stage.
Max Thorn shrugs and heads on in.
There is even an old-fashioned orchestra pit, though it is filled with a modern, automated sound system.
Linnea: "Heh. Oohhhhh, Maria~."
Red curtains with golden tassles conceal the stage, but begin rising to the corners upon Max's entrance. Behind the curtains is a waxed-wooden stage with a pokemon arena painted upon it, and behind it a man in tophat and cape. He takes off his hat and bows - theatrically, of course.
Sam Spade bows back, respectfully.
Linnea bows!
Esme waves.
Max Thorn returns the bow as well, challenger to challenger.
…this man could perhaps be the accordion player's brother. He looks maybe a bit thinner, and has black hair to the other's blonde. Also there is a handlebar mustache, though something seems a bit off about it.
Sam Spade: "I think you might have slipped when you applied your mustache."
But otherwise: same height, same facial structure…the eyes, once he finishes his bow, are quite wild compared to the musician's serene and smiling eyes, though.
Sam Spade: "If you need to adjust it, we'll wait."
Dramaticus: "I'm sure I don't know what you mean." He does pass one white-gloved hand over his face, though, and then the mustache looks more natural.
Max Thorn: "(…I think the strain got to him.)"
Linnea: "Much better."
Dramaticus: "So! Have you come for the ultimate in improv? A gym challenge where you can not know what will happen next? Where you must be prepared for ANYTHING?"
Max Thorn: "Yes."
Linnea: "The stage is a perfect place for feats of magic."
Esme: "Possibly!"
Dramaticus: "Excellent! Then come up on stage…" He gestures to the stairs to either side. "…and line up, or will this be all of you at once?" He walks to one side of the arena.
Linnea: "Yes."
Sam Spade walks up with the rest of the group.
Esme hops off Gervais as they reach the stage.
Max Thorn hops up onto the stage, a pokéball in hand.
Linnea -leaps- onstage.
Dramaticus: "Hmm. I see! Well, then." He grips a pokeball. "My three pokemon, one at a time, against one pokemon from each of you, all at the same time. Outnumbered, but never outmatched!"
Max Thorn: "All right. Amaterasu, time to strut your stuff."
Esme: "You're already out, so you're up first, Gervy!"
Sam Spade: "Noiseless, I choose you!"
Dramaticus: "I shall start with…Chorus Line!" He hurls his pokeball, and out pops a ludicolo - the blackest, most emo-looking one the party has ever seen, with not a speck of green anywhere,
Linnea taps at a readied pokeball, and sends out Lulim, who stretches and lets out a little yowl.
Max Thorn: "(…Water/Dark, huh.)"
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1, trainer actions!
Dramaticus: "I leave fate in your hands, Chorus Line. Take the lead and show us what destiny has in store!"
Max Thorn: "Step lively, now!" [Agility Orders]
Sam Spade: "Alright, Noiseless! Focus on the Ludicolo. Stay focused, stay on top of it!" ((Focused Orders, Tagging Ludicolo.))
Esme: "First target is up, Gervy. You know what to do!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais, Amaterasu/Lulim, Chorus Line, Noiseless
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais first!
Gervais grins, and lurches forward to strike with a crushing swing! [Brick Break]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 1 (1) (AC 2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: rough
[OOC] Esme: Man he just cannot get a break
Max Thorn: "Amaterasu, give 'em some of your doggie breath!" [Smog]
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d6+23: 2 (2) 25 (2) (Poison on even accuracy.)
[OOC] Max Thorn: also AC 7, not that it matters.
[OOC] Esme: 8D
[OOC] WC GM: It'd have to hit to Poison.
Linnea: "Give 'em stage fright, Lulim!" [Leer]
[OOC] Linnea: No AC apparently, just -1 Defense CS
[OOC] WC GM: AC 2
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 7 (7) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
The ludicolo shrinks back a bit, but then twirls and bobs, as if expressing something through interpretive dance. At the end, Chorus Line seems to fling tears up into the air, where they grow into clouds…that is not how rain dance is usually performed, but that is what happened.
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless!
Noiseless knows what she is doing. She waves a blast of powerful air at the Ludicolo. Air Cutter!
Noiseless rolled up 1d20+3 2d8+10+14: 17 (14) 32 (2 6) (Flying/Special, Focused/Focused/Momentum 1, Crit on 18+)
Linnea: "…Neat."
[OOC] Sam Spade: It should be Super-Effective, in which case Noiseless is now at Momentum 3.
[OOC] WC GM: Nope, just normally effective.
[OOC] WC GM: As Max noted, type-shifted Water/Dark.
[OOC] Esme: Yeah, looks li-yeah that
[OOC] Sam Spade: Ahhhhh
Max Thorn: "Shame we don't have Anna."
That is not the most spectacular hit ever, but it is a solid hit…but Chorus Line almost immediately recovers.
Sam Spade hesitates for a moment.
Sam Spade: "I really miss Anna. I hope she's okay…"
Esme: "She's…odd, but tough."
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Trainer orders.
Max Thorn: "…Yup. Rain Dish and Hydration. Pretty sure that's their standard opener."
Dramaticus: "Ah, tilting chance in your favor? I suppose I can forgive that, but no further! Do it, Chorus Line!"
Linnea: "Get ready, Lulim! If you're sharp enough, you'll cut through anything regardless of type!" [Inspired Orders]
Esme: "Give it another go, Gervy!"
[OOC] Esme: Focused Orders again*
Max Thorn: "Once more, Amaterasu! With feeling, if you please." [Agility Orders]
Sam Spade: "Alright, Noiseless, you know what you're doing. Stay on top of things, remember your training!" [Focused Orders].
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais, Amaterasu/Lulim, Chorus Line, Noiseless
Gervais wrenches around with his other limb, going in for another breaking blow! [Brick Break…again!]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 4 (4) (AC 2)
[OOC] Esme: zzzz
Chorus Line catches it in both hans, and spins around the blow.
Max Thorn: "Let's try again with the doggie breath, Ammy." [Smog]
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d6+23: 19 (19) 29 (6) (AC 7, Poison on even accuracy.)
Lulim darts forwards, slashing out savagely with her front claws- [Slash]
[OOC] Max Thorn: no poison but I actually hit this time.
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 4 (4) (AC2, 16+ Crits)
[OOC] Esme: 8D
Chorus Line ducks under the Slash, much like that kid earlier who slid under Gervais.
Lulim lets out an irritable snort, but her partner seems far more impressed.
And then, dancing to an internal beat, the ludicolo spins, shines, and…
WC GM rolled up 1d100: 45 (45)
[OOC] WC GM: .
[OOC] WC GM: …okay, Chessa, as you dictate.
…leaps up in the air with a beautiful mid-rain splash.
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless!
Noiseless charges Chorus Line at maximum speed! Wait, that's not where - where did she go!? Supersonic!
Noiseless rolled up 1d20+4: 13 (9) (AC 6. On miss, -2 to Accuracy for one full round.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Confusion~
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 10 (10)
[OOC] WC GM: Normal action for Chorus Line in round 3. Trainer actions!
[OOC] Esme: Oh good, no Hydration
[OOC] Esme: Wait, that's end of the user's turn
[OOC] Esme: So still confused for one action, at least
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, but no effect from Confused, and then Hydration gets it.
Max Thorn: "Come on back, Ammy! Antheia, let's dance!"
[OOC] Esme: Yeup
Sam Spade: "Okay, Noiseless, that was good, that was solid. Hit him hard. You, too, Gervais!" [Focused orders on Noiseless, Focused orders on Gervais!]
[OOC] WC GM: Assuming no other condition before Chorus Line next acts.
Dramaticus: "Hmm. Not the most dramatic yet. Spice it up, maybe?"
Esme: "Uhh, what Sam said I guess?"
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais, Antheia (no action this turn), Lulim, Chorus Line, Noiseless
Gervais goes for /one more/ swing. Now with more frustration! [Breaking the Brick pt 3]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 4 (4) (AC 2)
[OOC] Esme: I'm gonna go take a nap
[OOC] Sam Spade: Yanno, Focused Orders give a bonus to accuracy
Lulim rears up, letting out a fearsome roar- and did her claws and teeth just gleam ominously? [Swords Dance]
[OOC] Esme: And Hustle gives a -2 penalty
[OOC] Sam Spade: Ah, okay
Chorus Line shifts, and shifts again, then surfs forth on a column of water!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
…which goes wide, but at least quickly gets the ludicolo to the other side of the stage.
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless!
Linnea: "…Leaves a little to be desired…"
Noiseless doesn't care if Chorus Line is in punching distance! She throws another sharpened wind! Air Cutter!
Noiseless rolled up 1d20+5 2d8+10+14: 20 (15) 39 (7 8) (Fly/Special, crit on 18+)
Another solid hit - not the best ever, but chipping away quickly.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4, trainer actions!
Dramaticus frowns at Max. "I said one pokemon each. I will allow your switch as your pokemon had yet to take damage, but do not do that again, young man!"
Linnea just smiles and watches the stage before her, letting their opponents' unfortunate luck be inspiration enough. [Inspired Orders]
Dramaticus: "Four pokemon all at once, versus three one at a time. It's still your advantage."
Esme whistles as she puts a pokeball back into her pack.
Max Thorn: "Ah, my fault for assuming rather than seeking clarification. Won't happen again."
Dramaticus: "See that it doesn't."
Esme: "Gerv, get with the program! You're big now, adjust accordingly!" [Focused Order]
[OOC] Max Thorn: "Lose yourself to dance!" :V
Max Thorn nods, then directs his attention to Antheia. "Let's jive." [Agility Orders]
Sam Spade: "Stay on top, Noiseless!" [Focus]
Gervais grumbles, and forgoes his previous strategy, and instead decides to just try flailing wildly. [Fury Attack]
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais, Antheia, Lulim, Chorus Line, Noiseless
Esme rolled up 1d20: 6 (6) (AC 4)
[OOC] Esme: 8D
Gervais does indeed flail wildly.
Max Thorn: "Dazzling Gleam, Antheia!"
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 3d10+33: 7 (7) 50 (3 6 8) (AC 2)
Linnea: "Rip and tear, Lulim!" * And again, the Absol lashes out savagely! [Slash]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 15 (15) (AC2, 16+ Crits)
Linnea rolled up 2d6+33: 39 (2 4)
Two solid blows, and Chorus Line looks to be almost down. Another dance and twirl, another Metronome…
WC GM rolled up 1d100: 25 (25)
…it is hard to identify this move. Some kind of blast of extreme, sheer power and light…
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 4 (4)
Esme squints.
Esme: "What."
…which, fortunately, also goes wide.
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless!
Linnea: "…I have questions."
Max Thorn: "(Well, we /were/ told the gym leader loves Metronome…)"
Noiseless darts in close, bites Chorus Line, and starts drinking! Leech Life!
Noiseless rolled up 1d20+5 2d8+10+8: 10 (5) 31 (8 5) (Bug/Phys)
Chorus Line crashes to the ground. Dramaticus recalls him a beat later.
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless recovers 6 HP.
Sam Spade: "So, um. Do we recall our pokemon for the next round?"
Sam Spade: "Because we did, you know, assume."
Dramaticus: "No. Your four must defeat all three of mine."
Sam Spade: "…Huh. I see."
Sam Spade pats Noiseless. "Well, you can do this, girl."
Linnea: "Oh, you wanna play like that, huh? Okay."
With a dramatic - what else - fling, Dramaticus tosses another pokeball, revealing what can best be described as a gothic lolita blissey.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 5, trainer orders!
Max Thorn peers.
Linnea: "Incredible."
Sam Spade: "Ah, right, Noiseless, you got this. Try and stay more focused than me, okay?" [Focused Orders]
The blissey smiles and pirouettes, showing off…you are not sure if that is body paint, clothing, or natural coloration.
Max Thorn: "I detect a theme here…"
Max Thorn: "Anyway, off you go, Antheia!" [Agility Orders]
Linnea: "I'm suddenly really glad I'm letting Miator rest."
Esme rubs her chin. "Gotta invest in some X-Accuracies…Gervy, keep trying for now, ok?" [Focused Orders]
Max Thorn: "(Yup, Dark-type.)"
Linnea: "Well, keep at it, Lulim!" [Inspired Orders]
Dramaticus: "But of course! What sort of gym would not use pokemon of its type?"
Linnea: "A master of trickery?"
Linnea: "Say, engineer a ground/flying type…"
Esme: "…With Ice Body?"
Dramaticus: "Bah. Spotlight! We need more drama!"
[OOC] WC GM: Gervais, Antheia, Lulim, Spotlight, Noiseless
Linnea: "Ahahaha."
Gervais flicks his tail, sending poisonous spines towards the…weird Blissey. [Poison Sting]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (AC 2)
[OOC] Esme: zzzz
Linnea: "Prance for me! Dance for me!" * Lulim obliges with gusto, rearing up again and- oh dear, her eyes are glowing now. [Swords Dance]
Antheia fans the air with her flower, creating a gust of [Fairy Wind]!
Antheia rolled up 1d20 2d8+33: 2 (2) 38 (3 2) (AC 2)
The remaining rain pushes the wind aside…
Spotlight glimmers, shooting off rainbows through the rain, in its own metronome.
WC GM rolled up 1d100: 83 (83)
[OOC] WC GM: …well.
[OOC] Esme: cmoooon Last Resort
[OOC] Esme: Wait not that one…
The rainbows twist and gather, forming into a rainbow-colored hurricane that smashes through the party's pokemon.
Linnea: "Whoooooa, what the hell is that?!"
WC GM rolled up 3d8+28: 38 (4 5 1)
[OOC] WC GM: 38-SpDef to all, as adjusted for flying type damage
[OOC] WC GM: All party's pokemon, that is
[OOC] WC GM: Noiseless!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 7 (7)
[OOC] WC GM: No confusion, though
[OOC] Esme: 60/88
[OOC] Linnea: 66/91
Noiseless retaliates, throwing a blade of sharpened air at Spotlight!
Noiseless rolled up 1d20+1 2d8+10+14: 18 (17) 35 (6 5) (Fly/Spec, Crit on 18+)
Noiseless once again scores a good hit, though there seems to be more of this pokemon to hit.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 6, trainer orders!
Linnea: "Now they're getting somewhere, do be careful now!" [Inspired Orders]
[OOC] Max Thorn: 62/73
Sam Spade: "Right! Your target is Spotlight, Noiseless. HIT THEM WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!" [Ravager Orders. Tagging Spotlight.]
Max Thorn: "Keep it up, Antheia!" [Agility Orders]
Esme glowers at Gervais, who in turn winces and nods. [Focused]
Gerv goes for another strong swing. Maybe a bigger target will help. [Brick Break]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 19 (19) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: HIT!
Esme rolled up 2d8+45: 59 (8 6) (Fighting/Physical)
Esme: "There you go!"
Sam Spade: "Nicely done!"
[OOC] WC GM: Super effective!
Max Thorn: "Beautiful."
One POWERFUL blow, and Spotlight is positively staggered.
[OOC] WC GM: Antheia then Lulim!
Max Thorn: "Show her how to truly shine, Antheia!" [Dazzling Gleam]
Antheia rolled up 1d20 3d10+33: 2 (2) 46 (4 7 2) (AC 2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: …or not.
Lulim SNARLS, charging forth at this strange new target! [Slash]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 17 (17) (AC2, 16+ Crits)
Spotlight manages to twist out of Antheia's spotlight.
Linnea rolled up 4d6+10+(22*1.8): 64.600000 (5 5 1 4)
But right into Lulim's attack.
Linnea winces. "Oh jeez, oh jeez…"
Barely still upright, Spotlight staggers and manages to put out one more set of rainbows…
WC GM rolled up 1d100: 72 (72)
[OOC] WC GM: .
[OOC] WC GM: Seriously, Chessa? Seriously?
[OOC] Max Thorn: You asked her to roll. Don't blame her for your poor choice in dicebot. :p
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, well. Let me just put it this way.
SPOTLIGHT used EXPLOSION!
Sam Spade: "NOISELESS!"
[OOC] Max Thorn: At least she went out with a bang?
WC GM rolled up 6d12+71: 111 (9 11 4 5 7 4)
[OOC] Esme: ROLL A 2
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 9 (9)
[OOC] Esme: DAMMIT
[OOC] WC GM: 111-Def to all party's pokemon
Antheia faints on the spot.
Noiseless is down, hard, and does not seem to be moving.
Spotlight is unconscious on the stage once the smoke clears. That does seem to have removed the rain, though.
[OOC] Sam Spade: -54/77 HP.
Lulim is in a crumpled heap on the floor. [-32]
[OOC] Max Thorn: -39/73
[OOC] Esme: -40/88, 3 Injuries
Linnea narrows her eyes at Dramatacus.
Dramaticus: "Hmph. And now I need but summon my thi-"
Dramaticus is lifted up in a purple aura.
Sam Spade: "Oh, dear."
Max Thorn: "…welp."
Dramaticus: "…ck."
Linnea: "Oh, this is gonna hurt."
Sam Spade: "Moth?"
Gervais sizzles on the floor.
Esme: "Thi…ck?"
Max Thorn recalls Antheia.
[OOC] WC GM: 84 pokemon XP each. (Yes, even for losing.)
Sam Spade is kneeling next to Noiseless, but yes, recalling her seems to be the wisest course for now.
Linnea silently recalls Lulim, keeping Miator's pokeball at the ready.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Especially when there's an angry MewTwo around.
A familiar (to all but Linnea) man floats down the audience seats, completely motionless as his body drifts in a similar purple aura, a mewtwo floating behind him.
Max Thorn: "Hi, Moth."
Esme recalls Gerv, as their guest makes his appearance.
Linnea: "Uh…huh."
Then the man's face jerks to life. "Hello, hello!" His voice seems cheerful. "May I join this battle?"
Sam Spade: "Um."
Linnea: "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
Dramaticus: "Fie! Fiend! How DARE you interrupt this ritual!"
Sam Spade: "Well, it's a gym battle, so?"
Linnea: "You're gonna yell at the mewtwo?"
Moth: "Oh, come now. I know we have had our differences-"
Sam Spade: "Hardly a ritual, Dramaticus. It seems more like you've just run out of the ability to care…"
Dramaticus: "Differences? DIFFERENCES?!?"
Max Thorn: "(He's mad, Lin. Of course he is.)"
Moth: "What are you going to do, hmm? I don't think you CAN spite me any further."
Dramaticus glowers, then tosses four small packets like shuriken at the party. "Thisgymbattleisoverthechallengerswin! There. Now there is nothing to interrupt."
[OOC] WC GM: +1 trainer level since you technically have the badges now.
Moth: "…"
Esme: "…"
Linnea: "…Okay."
Esme: "Kay."
Moth: "You…dare."
Sam Spade: "Well that really takes all the fun out of it."
Linnea: "I'm going to leave before everyone's heads explode."
Sam Spade: "And apparently you were wrong, Moth. There was something he could do to spite you."
Linnea picks up her packet and very quietly makes toward the exit.
Max Thorn: "…Nope. I'm not going to accept this. His presence does not in any way give me the victory."
Sam Spade: "Excuse me, Dramaticus, do you have anywhere we can make some hot water? I think this situation would benefit greatly from some tea."
Linnea halts a moment at the mention of tea. Well, it could be a defuser…
Sam Spade looks expectantly, and not in any way panicked, at Dramaticus.
Dramaticus: "Kit..chen…backstage, downstairs!" He struggles to point to a back corner of the stage - where, in the shadows, Sam can see a stairwell leading up and down.
Sam Spade: "Thank you. I will be back in a few minutes with some tea."
Sam Spade walks quickly, not runs, to the stairs down.
Max Thorn: "In the meantime, why don't we all have a seat while we wait?"
Linnea starts heading back, and takes a seat, keeping a wary eye on the Mewtwo.
There is indeed a meagerly-stocked kitchenette downstairs. It takes a bit of searching to find the tea supplies.
Dramaticus: "Oh ho…an int…ermission?"
Moth: "What are you playing at?"
There are, at least, plenty of seats available.
Max Thorn takes a seat himself, leaving the packet on the floor.
Esme grabs hers before sliding off the stage. Freebies are freebies. She plops down over with Linnea. "See? Floaty guy."
Dramatic tension, thick enough to resist knife cuts, permeates the theater.
Linnea: "Right…"
Linnea rubs at her forehead.
Moth scans the party, eyes finally settling on Linnea.
Esme: "…"
Esme hops one seat over.
Max Thorn: "Be gentle with her, please. She's new."
Linnea: "Ugh…please don't stare."
Linnea: "I mean…I know you're angry…maybe a bit less angry…"
Moth: "…I know you from somewhere."
Linnea: "Oh, really?"
Moth: "Mountains."
Moth: "Scruffy."
Linnea: "Huh."
Moth's head leans to the side as if his neck just broke, and he smiles wider. "Maybe it was someone else? You don't look half-starved now."
Max Thorn: "Perhaps a relative of hers?"
Linnea: "…Ohhhhh, right. Yeah, I'm better now."
Linnea: "Things…changed."
Moth's head pops back to its proper orientation, with a snapping sound from his neck's spine. "You've met my son, then? How IS he doing?"
Linnea cringes.
…only then does it register that Moth's lips have not been moving this entire time. His voice is apparently telepathic.
Moth is still wearing that same hoodie, with abstract scrawl in darker orange of some kind of pokemon…at first it looked like a haunter, but now it seems it might be a very stylized rotom.
Sam Spade returns carrying a tray with a steaming pot and a number of somewhat mismatched cups.
And now that the party has time to inspect, that "third eye" on his head does indeed look like a bullet hole.
Sam Spade: "So, who would like some tea? It's…not the best I've ever had, but it's alright."
Dramaticus: "Love a…cup, please."
Max Thorn: "I'd like one, please."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Is Dramaticus still suspended in MewTwo's psychic grasp?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Kay, just checking. In that case, is he within a reaching distance?
Linnea: "I'll take some."
Max Thorn: "Ah…Moth, could you loosen him up so he can have some tea, please? You don't have to leave him able to run if you'd rather not, but…"
[OOC] WC GM: Sam is free to move. Dramaticus is low enough that Sam can hand him a cup.
Sam Spade does so.
[OOC] Sam Spade: I was worried he'd need someone to hold it for him, actually.
Sam Spade looks at Moth's hoodie in dawning realization, the realization quickly chased out by sadness.
Sam Spade: "…Rotoms…"
Dramaticus flicks his wrist, bonking Moth and splashing the tea on the mewtwo, who flinches and releases his holds. Moth drops to the ground like a puppet; Dramaticus lands on his feet and RUNS.
Sam Spade: "DAMNIT!"
Sam Spade chases.
Max Thorn: "…"
The mewtwo looks around, and picks Moth back up.
Max Thorn bounces a pokéball out. "Amaterasu, FETCH!" He points at Dramaticus.
Moth: "I'll deal with him later."
Sam Spade: "-fine."
Sam Spade: "Damnit."
Dramaticus runs downstairs, by the other stairwell.
[OOC] WC GM: Is Amaterasu chasing?
Sam Spade: "I'm sorry, Moth."
Sam Spade looks furious, actually.
Max Thorn pauses, then whistles sharply. Amaterasu stops at the stairwell, then sits.
Sam Spade: "Are you-or, ah, is your friend-injured at all?"
Moth: "Don't worry about it. I feel fine!" He grins, lips still not moving for speech.
Max Thorn: "If you say so."
Moth: "So I hear you freed Dojji. How many rotoms did you brutally execute?"
Esme: "Yeaaaaaah…"
Sam Spade starts crying silently.
Sam Spade: "What would be the point? They are what they were made to be, a downward spiral of…I don't even know what."
Moth: "I mean. Justice! How much justice did you heroes dispense?"
Linnea just steps over closer to Sam.
Sam Spade: "I don't even know. All I know is we managed to stop it, and that's as close to justice as I can see."
Sam Spade grabs Linnea and hugs her.
Max Thorn: "Personally? None. But you can go talk to Lugia if you'd like her accounting."
Linnea holds Sam close, ignoring everything else at the moment in favor of comforting her friend.
Moth: "Why would I want to talk to her? I suppose I could listen to her dying screams, but they'd be meaningless."
Sam Spade: "Because she's the one who brought the rain back to Dojji."
Sam Spade: "She's the one who stopped it from turning into a desert being swallowed by the ocean."
Sam Spade: "All we did was let her in."
Sam Spade: "Thank you, Linnea."
Sam Spade lets go, then drinks some tea.
Linnea: "Hey…don't worry about it. This is the other part of my job, you know. Here to help."
Moth's head pivots from side to side, grin still plastered on his face. "My Jaegers tell me you're responsible. You're the heroes. You get all the credit."
Max Thorn: "For unsealing Dojji, yes."
Esme: "Oui. Took out the megatank, and undid the barrier. Well most that last part was Linn."
Esme: "Then she and the trio came in and did most of the actual work."
Linnea: "There was some unsealing involved."
Max Thorn: "I don't care to take credit for the actions of those beyond my control, particularly since the state of affairs that obtained prior to my own activity constituted a criminal abuse of the land."
Moth: "For everything. And if you can do everything, maybe you can help me with my medical condition."
Linnea: "Uh."
Sam Spade: "We can but try. But we certainly can try."
Max Thorn: "Assuming it would be in my power to do so, what benefit would that provide to Amoda, Dojji, Gaela, and so on?"
Linnea: "Try is definitely the operative word here…"
Max Thorn: "I know you have cause to destroy. Do you have cause to heal, instead?"
Esme: "Not my forte, but I've been dabbling in…" She looks down for a moment. "…A number of things, so maybe?"
Moth: "I mean. The doctors SAY that I'm dead. But how can that be, when I'm here talking to you? But I have been feeling stiff lately, and I don't think just a massage will cure it. Maybe you can do something about that."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License