Session 55

Third floor, suite D of Gem's Point is less glittery than the outside. The walls still seem to be made of solid gemstone of some kind, but aside from that this is a basic suite - though well-furnished relative to what the party has seen in Shady Narrows.
Linnea: "…I'm glad it's a lot less extra on the inside."
Three bedrooms each with a queen-size bed, two full bathrooms, a kitchenette, and a common room with a wide-screen TV and entertainment console (bolted to the wall).
Sam Spade: "Very fancy."
A glass - no, possibly quartz, or remotely possibly synthetic diamond - table surrounded by three sofas dominates the common room. Dramaticus has plopped himself on the corner of one of the side sofas, with a brooding expression.
Linnea: "…Remind me what he's doing here again?"
Sam Spade: "Come on, Linnea."
Linnea: "I feel like I've been asleep for weeks. Weird."
Sam Spade: "You can't let a thing like that go unaddressed, can you?"
Sam Spade: "Or if you can, I can't."
Linnea: "Eh?"
Linnea: "I think you lost me on that one, sorry."
Dramaticus: "Indeed. That thing, that your friend has taken as a slight - however unintended."
Max Thorn: "He can say what he wants, but winning the badge that way is a farce."
Sam squeezes Linnea's shoulder.
Sam Spade: "Not quite, not for me."
Linnea: "Ooh."
Linnea: "S…sorry?"
Sam Spade: "Max is right, that was a farce, but…"
Dramaticus: "Be that as it may, it is yours. If you wish a rematch, I can provide. But it sounded like you had things to say before then."
Max Thorn: "A badge has to be /earned/, not just handed out like candy or thrown at people to spite someone."
Esme coughs.
Sam Spade sighs and walks over to one of the other sofas.
Sam Spade: "Give him some credit, Max. He's still here, isn't he?"
Dramaticus: "Somehow."
Sam Spade: "He's still doing the job, still the gym leader for Shady Narrows."
Sam Spade: "Even when it's chock full of the Jaegers who destroyed what it was."
Max Thorn: "Is he really? Or is this just a shell missing its spirit…?"
Linnea: "…seems to be a recurring theme."
Dramaticus sighs…dramatically, to no one's surprise. "And that's the problem."
Linnea: "Wait, really?!"
Dramaticus: "I am the gym leader for this town. However, this town is not what it was when I took the job."
Sam Spade: "Can you tell us what it was like, back then?"
Dramaticus: "Now I must serve those who murdered and imprisoned so many of my fellows. And I must, for I am their gym leader too!"
Esme: "I'm imagining less holes in the boardwalk."
Dramaticus leans back, gaining a far-off look. "Ah…the famed pirate haven of Amoda. Those who wished to hide from the law could come here - so long as they hadn't done anything TOO serious, mind."
Linnea: "Honor among thieves, eh?"
Dramaticus smiles. "Those who did and thought they could hide…we-hell, they might have evaded the law, but not justice."
Max Thorn: "Mmm. Ask ya a question?"
Dramaticus nods at Max. "Ask. You have earned that much, at least."
Max Thorn: "Would you be willing to do a rematch without Metronome if we were to remove the Jaegers?"
Sam Spade: "What do you want to do, Max?"
Linnea winces as she recalls. "… Right, yeah. Because that Happened."
Dramaticus blinks. "Remove…and how do you propose to…?"
Linnea: "I'm guessing with some kind of deific presence."
Max Thorn: "I don't really have a plan right now, but…the four of us, we're working to set Amoda and so on right again."
Sam Spade: "Sure."
Dramaticus shakes his head. "No. Love them or loathe them, the Jaegers who shelter here are my people now. My duty is to protect and train them. It may be a different law they hide from, but I sense the same sort of people, which is why I help them."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, what he said. The Jaegers who live here now - they live here."
Max Thorn: "Mmm. And if they weren't Jaegers any more?"
Sam Spade: "How much are they Jaegers now?"
Sam Spade: "They do what Moth tells them - but very few of us don't."
Sam Spade: "I mean, *I'm* polite and respectful to Moth."
Dramaticus shrugs. "Their title would change, but not their hearts. Now, I shall ask you a question. Have you met this 'Ignacia' they so fear, and if so can you tell me of her?"
Sam Spade: "Yes."
Linnea: "Welp."
Sam Spade grits her teeth.
Linnea: "Where would we even begin?"
Sam Spade: "She…"
Esme: "She burns things she doesn't like."
Max Thorn …twitches.
Sam Spade pauses.
Sam Spade: "And now that we know some of why she simply destroys…"
Sam Spade: "…but destroy she does."
Dramaticus: "Indeed? And what sort of law does she enforce, and what - if any - connection to justice does it have?"
Linnea: "I'm not so sure justice has anything to do with it."
Linnea: "Feels more like…pettiness."
Esme: "Oh, absolutely!"
Sam Spade: "Honestly, and speaking as a professional (amateur) detective, as far as I know the only law she enforces is that of might makes right. The only justice she dispenses is vengeance."
Dramaticus: "So it is fair to say that the Jaegers who shelter here, shelter from unjust laws?"
Sam Spade: "I think so, yes."
Sam Spade lets a faint smile touch her lips.
Max Thorn: "Calling that 'justice' is a bit…well, ice produces a burning sensation just the same as fire does, but one would hardly confuse the two."
Sam Spade: "And I suppose that might be why Moth came here, but also why you and Moth fought so hard."
Dramaticus smiles, first the corners of his eyes glinting then spreading to his lips. Then he chuckles, then laughs. In two minutes, he is convulsing slightly in bellowed glee, before it finally fades.
Linnea: "Um."
Dramaticus: "I was right! Shady Narrows hasn't changed at all, besides the skin and clothing!"
Sam Spade hesitates.
Sam Spade: "If I gave you some tea, would you drink it, or would you throw it in someone's face?"
Dramaticus calms down quickly and looks Sam in the eyes, still smiling but now politely. "Here and now? I would drink it. That would be most kind of you."
Sam Spade: "Then I believe I shall."
Sam Spade heads to the kitchenette, with much more of a skip to her step than she displayed that morning.
Dramaticus: "Thank you." He looks to the rest of the party. "So…"
Linnea: "I'm pretty sure I only picked out about three words in four of what's goin' on there, but I'm glad she's happy."
Linnea: "So!"
Dramaticus: "No Jaegers back then, obviously. Less unity, more battles in the streets - and yes, less holes in the planks."
Dramaticus: "But the heart and soul? Much the same."
Dramaticus: "Why, I remember this one lady, who came here fleeing an investigation into her investigations. Apparently she'd transgressed this or that ethics law, and was planning to flee to Dojji. She couldn't get through Fort Blaston since her face would be recognized, so she needed a smuggler."
Max Thorn: "…Would this lady happen to have a name…?"
Dramaticus: "Brilliant - worthy of being a regional professor. But on the wrong side of the law."
Dramaticus: "A name? Hmm…yes, Pe-something…?"
Esme: "Ooof course."
Linnea: "Hrrm?"
Esme: "Petri."
Linnea: "OH."
Linnea: "Welp."
Dramaticus: "Petri, yes, that was it! Do you know her?"
Esme: "We've met."
Esme: "Planning on a reunion!"
Max Thorn: "Yes. And she's in that crowd of people who have committed crimes too serious to be permitted here."
Dramaticus: "Shame I couldn't convince her to stay, but her science was best for less…wet regions, I suppose."
Max Thorn: "Fortunately, she got snared by Arceus trying to elude us, and is now working her karmic debt off in Gaela. Or so Arceus said. We'll find out what he meant soon enough."
Dramaticus: "Heh." He smirks. "'Snared by Arceus'. That's a metaphor I haven't heard before."
Max Thorn: "That's because it wasn't."
Dramaticus: "…"
Sam Spade returns with a steaming teapot and a number of mugs.
Dramaticus: "…next you'll be telling me you met him."
Max Thorn gestures to his hair. "And this isn't a dye job."
Linnea: "Ha ha ha, dear sweet Melo. I hope you have time 'cause we've got stories."
Max Thorn: "We did."
Sam Spade: "It was…incredible."
Max Thorn: "Shaymin, too…hence the hair."
Dramaticus: "Ooh!" Dramaticus sits upright, attentive. "I do love good stories. And the ending sees you surviving."
Linnea: "I mean, obviously."
Linnea: "It would be an interesting paradox if we didn't."
Esme: "I punched him."
Sam Spade: "He said your work was very impressive, didn't he, Esme?"
Esme: "For imitations! Which means I gotta keep at it."
Linnea: "He also kind of failed at his own judgment. I don't know, he might have been humoring us."
Linnea: "Deities are weird."
Sam Spade: "I don't think he failed."
Esme: "It's honestly hard to aim that thing."
Sam Spade: "He wanted to see how strong we were, he tested us, we did well."
Esme: "…Though I imagine he has way more practice."
Linnea: "Oh, right. I mean like, capital-letter Judgment."
Sam Spade: "Ohhhh, right."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, that was…"
Sam Spade frowns.
Linnea: "Comical?"
Sam Spade: "Right, right, sorry! So, it started with Professor Petri…"
Sam Spade relays the story of the team's trip through space encounter with Shaymin and then Arceus, and return
Dramaticus: "…and the camera captured this? All of it?"
Max Thorn: "The onboard ones, probably. We were out of communications with the ground during this whole encounter."
Dramaticus: "They'll have downloaded that by now. And…" He looks at Linnea. "…did I hear you swear by Meloetta just now?"
Linnea: "That's correct."
Linnea: "She's an inspiration, you know?"
Linnea: "Why?"
Dramaticus: "Oh, aye. Word is, the sea's been singing for a certain someone." He locks eyes with Linnea suddenly. "You may be being hunted."
Linnea: "Well that's nice and a- wait what?"
Linnea crosses her arms and frowns. "What'd I do this time?"
Sam Spade: "Oh, yeah!"
Esme: "Remember? Secret guy mentioned something about it."
Sam Spade: "The white wailord!"
Max Thorn: "Oh. About that. We were told to watch out for a white wailord, earlier."
Dramaticus: "You're safe for now, but I should probably smuggle you out of town soon. Fortunately…" He gestures up. "…the fastest route is right here."
Esme: "Huh."
Linnea: "Riiiiiiiiiiiight…"
Linnea: "Well, I'm glad for an easy out."
Dramaticus: "AI see you have met he-of-many-names. He's a useful source."
Max Thorn: "Particularly, there's someone /riding/ that white wailord."
Linnea snorts.
Max Thorn: "Source wasn't able to tell us what the Passenger looked like, though."
Dramaticus: "Passenger? Captain, from what I hear."
Dramaticus: "Anyway, I take it you want that rematch before you leave, and I'll not be able to convince you otherwise."
Max Thorn glances at Sam, then nods.
Sam Spade: "We would."
Sam Spade: "…Though…"
Sam Spade: "…I have to admit, the constant Metronomes…"
Esme: "We're 2 for 2 on that move causing an explosion of some sort."
Linnea: "Probably not in the suite."
Dramaticus: "Of course not in the suite. Out on the planks is the best place."
Linnea was about to say that that might not be that much better, but thinks better of it.
Dramaticus: "The wood, you see. It was made to soak up energies from battling. That's why it's falling apart now!"
Sam Spade: "Because there's not enough battling any more?"
Linnea: "…Okay."
Dramaticus nods - dramatically, of course. "Pre-cisely!"
Linnea: "What. I…what. Sure."
Max Thorn: "Huh. I guess someone'll have to encourage folks to spar or something."
Sam Spade smiles sadly.
Dramaticus: "You were going to do something about the Jaegers? Get them to lift whatever they're doing that keeps pokemon trainers from coming by."
Linnea squints.
Sam Spade: "I think that's the plan."
Sam Spade looks around for Tim.
Linnea: "Wait, right. Wasn't there something on the way in…?"
Max Thorn: "I'm not sure it's under their control, actually…"
Esme: "There's the barrier, and then the whole general 'journey' rigging, and then there's no pokemon center here…"
Esme: "That might take a bit."
Linnea: "Oh, oof."
Linnea: "Yeah, uh…"
Esme: "We could add it to the list though!"
Max Thorn: "I think the barrier's the main thing, since it prevents the Nurses Joy from coming in."
Tim is sacked out on the bed in the middle bedroom, snuggled up next to Sands.
Sam Spade: "I don't know about that."
Dramaticus: "Barrier? What barrier?"
Sam Spade: "For all we know, the barrier was caused by Moth and Lugia."
Sam Spade: "I mean, yes, it was solid enough for us to walk on when Lugia dropped us off, but Moth really didn't like Lugia being nearby."
Sam Spade: "Whereas boat travel is totally fine."
Linnea pales a bit at the recollection. "Such anger…"
Max Thorn: "Mmm."
Dramaticus: "Anyway. It's late. Get some rest; we can battle by daybreak."
Dramaticus: "Let the dawning sun contain our rematch!"
Max Thorn nods.
Sam Spade leaps to her feet, fist clenched, eyes shining.
Sam Spade: "We'll see who wins this time, Dramaticus!"
Dramaticus: "And if you want no more Metronomes…"
Dramaticus shrugs. "Perhaps they have gotten a bit stale."
Sam Spade winks.
Sam Spade: "You want to show off for the crowds, don't you?"
Sam Spade: "Give them something to work towards?"
Dramaticus smiles. "But of course! Am I not their gym leader?"
Esme: "Reminds me…Lin! Could I get another bandage? I think it's time to change Gervy's."
Linnea digs through her pile of packed restoratives and tosses over some bandages. "Yeah!"
Esme: "Merci!"
Dramaticus: "I learned that from Diablo. I think I shall rent a room here tonight, let Moth spend his fury hunting me outside all night." He heads for the door. "Until the morn, I bid you adieu!"
Max Thorn puts in a pre-dawn alarm and breakfast order. Can't be fightin' on an empty stomach, after all.
Linnea sits blankly for a moment, before changing Lulim's bandages then settling down to rest.
The night passes uneventfully and peacefully. When all the conversation is done and their minds drift, the party can barely hear the sound of waves, far below, which helps lull them to sleep.
Wakefulness comes in a sudden jolt. There was no sound, no light - just a sudden pulse. A psychic wakeup call, maybe? All is dark: the moon has already set, the sun will not peek over the horizon for some time yet, and the artificial lights need to be switched on before they can help.
Max Thorn: "…whuh…?"
Sam Spade heads out to the central room.
But the party's noses soon activate. Something good lurks near the door.
Linnea: "Owowowowowow, my brain…"
[OOC] Sam Spade: So, Sam, Max, Esme, Linnea…and three beds. :3
[OOC] WC GM: Tim as well.
Max Thorn 's up and dressed in under a minute.
[OOC] WC GM: Care to speculate who slept where? There are sofas too.
Esme rolls from the bed to the floor in a jolt. "Who-wah?"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Max will have taken a sofa, I think.
Linnea mumbles incoherently as she drags herself out of bed and changes into fresh clothes.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Tim was sleeping with Sands in the common room.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Leaves the beds to the girls.
Max Thorn opens the door to the suite.
[OOC] WC GM: Tim & Sands were on a bed, but they could easily have been moved to a sofa while asleep.
Max can sense a food cart in front of him. Common courtesy would suggest not turning the lights on until the door is closed again.
Max Thorn pulls the cart in. "Lights warning! Lights on in 5…"
Linnea: "… 'm gonna Shadow Punch the next motherfucker that invents a psychic alarm clock…"
Max Thorn does a slow, audible countdown 'til he hits one, at which point he flicks on the lights.
Linnea: "Guhbuhbuhfuh."
Esme groggily gets changed, clasping on her usual accoutrements. "Seconde-AUGH!"
Light! Sudden blinding daystar…wait, no, that's just the suite's lights. And bracing helped.
Linnea blinks. Blinkblinkblink.
The apparently-standard-issue food cart is laden with fish sausages, shellfish, and more sushi than any of the party have seen in one place before.
Sam Spade: "Oooh, fish!"
Max Thorn: "Of /course/ they serve /all/ the fish for breakfast…"
Linnea: "Oh, these rolls… Yesssssssssssssss…"
Also coffee, whiskey, and water to drink.
Esme: "Bleh."
Max Thorn makes a couple biscuits disappear, then loads up a plate and a mug before settling back down on the couch he slept on.
Linnea doesn't care much for day-caps but sneaks some of the whiskey into a flask for later. For emergencies, you see.
…apparently they really do not care about the laws against serving alcohol to minors. That, or they trust their guests to enforce those rules themselves.
What few biscuits there are, seem to be rice biscuits. No gravy.
[OOC] Max Thorn: …No cheddar biscuits?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Is this even a seafood establishment? :p
Tim and Sands seem to not so much wake up, as nearly levitate in unison toward the cart. (Though Tim's feet are touching the ground.) Anything the rest of the party leaves, they demolish.
[OOC] WC GM: No, this is not a restaurant. This is a hotel. :P
[OOC] Max Thorn: *bop* You know what I mean. :P
Linnea just laughs heartily at the good appetites all around. It's a nice change of pace.
Esme apprehensively puts some food on her plate, poking at it.
And that is when the air raid sirens go off outside.
Linnea: "Godsdamnit."
Linnea goes over to the door, opens it, and peers outside.
Max Thorn picks a window to stick his head out of, instead. After opening it, of course.
The door only peeks out to the hallway inside. Nor does Max find windows.
About a minute later, the sirens shut off - replaced, seconds after that, by Moth's voice on loudspeaker.
Max Thorn: "…"
Linnea: "Th' fu-"
Linnea: "Alright, alright. Calm down, Linnea."
Max Thorn: "…"
Linnea: "Oh."
Esme: "Oh."
Max Thorn: "Let's go."
Linnea: "That's…ballsy."
Linnea: "Stupid, but ballsy."
The loudspeaker stops. Moments later, a sonic boom rocks the city.
Max Thorn: "Wonder what they're after this time."
Linnea: "What?!"
Sam Spade: "I wonder if that's happening or not?"
Max Thorn heads out at a run.
Sam Spade: "But we have a duel."
Sam Spade: "Shall we?"
Sam Spade: "…Where does Max think he's going?"
Esme shrugs.
Linnea: "Hell if I know."
[OOC] Max Thorn: Out? :p
Linnea: "Just don't get yourself killed."
Dramaticus is downstairs, just inside Gem Point's front door. He spies Max, and holds out his arm to stop Max from leaving.
Max Thorn pauses.
Linnea gathers up her stuff, and takes a much more leisurely pace to the lobby.
Sam Spade: "Good morning, Dramaticus."
Sam Spade: "So is Stormderp actually attacking Jaeger Headquarters, or did you just let Moth hear that?"
Dramaticus holds up a microphone, unplugs it from a wire leading outside, dramatically spins a dial on the microphone down, and speaks. Moth's voice comes out, much quieter. "And now we can fight in peace."
Sam Spade: "Ah, even better."
Linnea: "…"
Dramaticus: "Being able to fly is sometimes such a weakness, isn't it?"
Max Thorn: "…"
With that, Dramaticus drops the mic and heads outside.
Linnea: "Okay."
Linnea: "This is fine."
Sam Spade: "Come on, we have a gym to challenge."
Outside, the antics appear to have a number of people awake and milling around. There is no sign of Moth.
And far to the east, the sky has begun to light in preparation for sunrise.
Max Thorn: "Quite."
Esme stretches. "Mmmng. I guess we can give this another go."
Sam Spade: "Malta?"
Dramaticus heads to a clear space on the planks. "This rematch will be between these four trainers and the Shady Narrows gym. Challengers may use all their pokemon, one per trainer each, and only they may switch. Gym leader will use one pokemon at a time. The match will be over when one side is unable to battle. Challengers, select your opening pokemon."
With a screech, Malta dives from the clouds to perch momentarily on Sam's upraised arm.
Max Thorn: "All right. Amaterasu, time to shine!"
Sam Spade: "Who's a good bird?"
Linnea tosses up Lulim's pokeball, catches it, then activates the release mechanism - Lulim paces in place, and rears up slightly - she seems to be back to normal after that much needed rest.
The fiery fairy hound pops out of her ball with a cheerful bark, and play-bows.
Esme checks one of her pokeballs. "…Yup, still compiling." She stuffs it back in her pack. "Alright Gervy, lets give it a round two!"
The hulking Nidoking emerges in a flash with a stomp, winding its shoulders. Pumped!
Linnea: "…Damn that's impressive."
Esme: "They grow up so fast."
Dramaticus tosses up a ball. "Chorus Line! Encore!" The Dark-shifted ludicolo comes out.
[OOC] WC GM: …ironically, almost everyone has Speed 17, and so goes at once. Fortunately this is just the PC pokemon.
[OOC] WC GM: But: gym battle is gym battle. Round 1, trainers' actions!
[OOC] Esme: Livin' that 10 speed life
Max Thorn: "Step lively, Amaterasu!" [Agility Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: Your sheet says 20 for Gervais.
Linnea: "Right, let's do this with a little more certainty this time! Get ready, Lulim!" [Inspired Orders]
Sam Spade: "Okay, Malta, you know the drill. Hit hard, hit fast, but stay focused, stay on top of things!" [Tag: ludicolo, Focused Orders]
[OOC] Esme: Oh right, the pokemon, yeah he's 20.
Esme: "Ok Gervy, we've made some adjustments, so eyes on the prized, let's stay sharp!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: Pokemon turns. Gervais, then Malta & Lulim & Amaterasu, then Chorus Line.
Gervais flashes his claws, scraping them across each other before letting out a bellowing roar-He's ready! [Hone Claws]
[OOC] Esme: +1 Accuracy, +1 Attack
Amaterasu takes a deep breath, then exhales a cloud of noxious [Smog]!
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d6+23: 3 (3) 28 (5) (AC 7, Poisons on even roll.)
Lulim rears up, letting out a terrifying cry! [Swords Dance]
The very tip-top of the sun has emerged over the horizon, as if to send a sunbeam just to dispel Amaterasu's smog.
Malta rides that sunray in, darting aside at the last moment to hit the target from the side - Acrobatics!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+2 3d10+10+14: 16 (14) 43 (3 8 8)
Chorus Line knows better than to look into the sun. This gives Malta all the edge needed for a hit!
The ludicolo leans back with the hit, sucking in a breath, then blows a bubble beam right back at Malta!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 18 (18)
WC GM rolled up 3d8+28: 41 (5 4 4)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Multipliers are after defense, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Right. So (41 - Special Defense) * 1.5.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2, trainer actions!
Max Thorn: "Keep it up, girl! You got this!" [Agility Orders]
Linnea: "Next up, show 'em your claws!" [Inspired Orders]
Esme claps her hands together. "Good! Now follow up and show what you can do!" [Focused Orders]
Sam Spade: "Stay on target, Malta! Keep it together!" [Focused Orders]
Dramaticus just smiles.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2, pokemon actions! Gervais, then other PC pokemon.
Gervais leans forward into a run, lashing forward with a breakneck swing at the ludicolo! [Brick Break]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 17 (15) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Esme rolled up 2d8+50: 63 (8 5) (Physical/Fighting)
Sam Spade rolled up 4d10+14: 30 (6 2 1 7) (Retroactive roll for Acrobatics)
[OOC] WC GM: *put Sam's reroll of damage above
[OOC] Sam Spade: +10
Gervais lands a powerful blow!
Esme: "Right on target!"
Lulim dashes forward, raking across the ludicolo with sharpened claws- [Slash]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 8 (8) (Crits on 16+)
[OOC] WC GM: Just a hit
Amaterasu tries that [Smog] thing again…
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d6+23: 1 (1) 27 (4) (AC 7, Poisons on even roll.)
Linnea rolled up 2d6+40: 48 (3 5)
[OOC] Max Thorn: :|
A sea breeze whips up at just the right time to blow Amaterasu's smog away.
Malta lands in front of Sam, whipping up a powerful whirlwind, and for the moment becomes harder to see! [Razor Wind!]
Gervais's blow had Chorus Line Reeling. Lulim's attack smashes the ludicolo right off the plankway and into the water!
Dramaticus recalls Chorus Line moments after the splash.
Linnea: "Nice!"
Lulim lets out a victorious howl!
[OOC] WC GM: Fighting being super effective against Dark, on top of high damage…Chorus Line was Injured by that alone.
Dramaticus claps, slowly. "Good, good. Let us see if you fare better against Spotlight this time!" He unclips a ball, and in a blaze of red, the Dark-type blissey stands in front of the party once more.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 3, trainer actions!
Max Thorn: "All right, let's get some *heat*, Ammy!" [Agility Orders]
Linnea: "Anything is possible with the right timing…" [Inspired Orders]
Esme: "Keep it up, you've finally got the hang of it Gervy!" [Focusin' Focusin']
Sam Spade: "Don't worry about getting the best shot, Malta, you've got this. Gimme a solid hit!" [Expend Momentum: spending 2 momentum for an automatic 11 on d20.]
[OOC] WC GM: Round 3, pokemon actions! Spotlight goes after the party's pokemon, so same order as last turn.
Gervais eyes the blissey…then quickly shifts to put it between the ocean and himself. He swings around with a tail swipe! [Dragon Tail]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 20 (18) (AC 3)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Esme rolled up 2d6+48: 55 (4 3) (Physical/Dragon, pushes 6-Weight Class Meters)
[OOC] Esme: Also was 15+, so trips!
Lulim paces in place, staring down her next target eerily. [Swords Dance]
Amaterasu takes a deep breath, but this time what comes out is a long lance of pure, crackling fire! [Flamethrower]
Blissey is tripped and rolls, right up to the edge of the planks…
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 3d10+28: 7 (7) 43 (2 9 4) (AC 2, Burns on 19+)
Malta unleashes those winds right at Spotlight! [Razor Winds]
Fortunately, the planks do not burn easily. Spotlight does seem a bit scorched, though.
Sam Spade rolled up 11+2 2d10+8+14: 13 () 29 (4 3) (AC2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: uh, where's the d20?
[OOC] WC GM: Auto-set to 11, as declared earlier.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Ah. Derp.
Spotlight teeters on the brink, but then starts to roll back - not quite getting to the center again. Mid-roll, Spotlight seems to snack on her own egg, glowing, and coming out of it barely scratched.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4, trainer actions!
Linnea: "Combat pragmatism at its…finest…I guess…"
[OOC] Linnea: Inspired Orders
Sam Spade: "Malta, I want you to hit that blissey as hard as you possibly can!" [Reckless Advance]
Max Thorn: "Keep it spicy, Amaterasu!" [Agility Orders]
Esme: "One more should do it!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4, pokemon actions!
Gervais hops forward, swinging around for one more push! [Dragon Tail]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 22 (20) (AC 3)
[OOC] Linnea: hahahahahahahah
Esme rolled up 4d6+56: 64 (1 3 2 2) (Aww Yiss)
WHAM! And Spotlight goes flyyyyyyyyying…disappearing into the sky with a ting, the party could swear.
Linnea: "Okay that's really really cool."
Esme: "…Home Run?"
Linnea: "Well done."
[OOC] WC GM: Set up for next turn if you want; Dramaticus's third pokemon comes out after party's pokemon have moved.
Malta ruffles her feathers impatiently.
Lulim just stands ready, waiting for her next opponent. [Nothing, since Dance is EOT.]
[OOC] Max Thorn: honestly, I got nothin'. Howl doesn't do her any good.
Dramaticus chuckles. "Very, very good. And now for the one we have to thank for this morning's antics." He snaps his fingers.
A shadow leaps from high on a pillar, landing with a THUD on the planks. It is a near-pitch-black exploud wearing a belt of electrician's tools, which he quickly removes and tosses back to Dramaticus. The exploud opens his jaw wide and yells at the party in bass, not hurting eardrums but more felt in bones than heard.
Dramaticus: "Meet Speaker."
[OOC] WC GM: Round 5, trainer actions!
Sam Spade: "Malta, rest up. Chicklet, I choose you!"
Both Linnea and Lulim just stare down the Exploud, the wind just sort of rustling past them. Linnea points at the target rather than even attempt to shout over such a din. [Inspired Orders]
Max Thorn: "Amaterasu, come on back! Antheia, time to shine!"
Esme is clearly very giddy at her favorite's success. She waves a series of thumbs up and encouragements through the noise. "!! …~!!!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: Round 5, pokemon actions! Init order: Gervais, Antheia, Lulim, Speaker, Chicklet.
Gervais nods, then puts some distance between himself and the edge. As he comes to a halt, he fires a flurry of spikes at Speaker! [Poison Sting]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 11 (9) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
Esme rolled up 1d8+51: 58 (7) (Poison/Phys)
Antheia twirls in the sunlight, with a [Dazzling Gleam] in her eyes!
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 3d8+33: 10 (10) 40 (1 3 3) (AC 2)
Lulim lunges forward, eager to snap a few wires! Okay, maybe more metaphorically now that the hardware is gone. [Slash]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 13 (13) (Crits on 16+)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
Linnea rolled up 2d6+49: 54 (3 2)
Exploud spins around from that attack, spins faster, and screams at all the party's pokemon!
WC GM rolled up 1d10: 9 (9)
WC GM rolled up 2d10+28: 33 (3 2)
[OOC] WC GM: 33-SpDef damage to all PC pokemon
[OOC] WC GM: Chicklet!
Chicklet is off with a bang! Almost literally! FLAME CHARGE!
Lulim seems to weather that one fairly well. [73/91]
[OOC] Max Thorn: 67/73
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+10+15: 19 (18) 33 (4 4) (Fire/phys)
Dramaticus GRINS. "Yes, yes! But this fight is only getting started!" He shifts his right arm abruptly, sleeve trailing back from the motion to show some kind of white bracelet with a clear-ish stone set in it.
Linnea: "…Wait. That's…"
Dramaticus: "The focus is on! The lights are up! Speaker! Now is the time! MEGA EVOLVE!"
Sam Spade: "….Oh my."
Esme: "M…mega?"
Max Thorn: "(…ohcrap.)"
Linnea: "Well, shit."
Linnea: "I have so many questions."
…the party has seen this in videos, but never in real life. Streamers of energy pour from the stone, and back from a matching stone tucked behind Speaker's left ear, matching up one for one.
Speaker glows as if evolving, quickly coming out of it…more. Explouds are not normally known to mega evolve, but the differences that mega evolution typically brings to a pokemon are in evidence here. Explouds being all about the sound, more pipe-organ extensions and a bigger body for bigger lungs are the main changes.
Dramaticus: "Now." He beckons with his left hand. "Come, show me your victory."
[OOC] WC GM: Round 6, trainer actions.
Max Thorn: "Get your groove on, Antheia!" [Agility Orders]
Sam Spade: "Alright, Chicklet! Hit him hard, hit him fast, don't let him get his feet under him!" [Tag: Speaker, Reckless Advance]
Linnea grimaces momentarily, quickly applying a Super Potion to Lulim to top her off before the assault begins. [+35 HP, medic training so actions still available]
Esme: "Not sure what's up, but we can keep going! Eyes forward!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] Sam Spade: Chicklet: 56/79 HP, 3 Momentum
[OOC] Linnea: 91/91
[OOC] WC GM: Round 6, pokemon actions! Init order: Gervais, Antheia, Speaker, Lulim, Chicklet.
Gervais winds up, and goes for another rapid strike! [Brick Break]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 19 (17) (AC 2)
Esme rolled up 2d8+50: 54 (2 2) (Physical/Fighting)
Antheia twirls, and grass sprouts out of the wood radiating from her, until the whole field is grassy. [Grassy Terrain]
…despite the mega evolution, Speaker seems to be quite winded.
[OOC] Max Thorn: For 5 rounds, PC pokémon regain 1 tick of HP each round and all Grass moves deal +10 damage.
Linnea: "I wonder if we could have taken that move back to the desert…"
Max Thorn: "It's purely temporary, unfortunately."
Linnea: "Tch."
Speaker sucks in a breath, and SCREAMS, almost inaudibly low, at Gervais!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 10 (10)
Max Thorn: "… Holy crap."
Linnea: "…"
WC GM rolled up 4d10+40: 58 (4 2 5 7)
Max Thorn: "That's… I'm pretty sure that's a sonic take on Hyper Beam."
[OOC] WC GM: Hits for 58-SpDef damage.
[OOC] WC GM: Lulim then Chicklet!
Linnea: "Oh dear, oh dear…gotta keep it together…get ready, Lulim!"
Lulim rears up, letting out a piercing wail! Power is practically rolling off her in waves at this point… [Swords Dance]
Gervais gets /solidly/ chunked and reels, though manages to keep standing! [25/88]
Max Thorn: "…Though…that gives me an idea."
Linnea: "I don't know if I should be scared or not."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Just to make sure, Speaker is still Dark-type, right?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Yup.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Chicklet follows Gervais' example and darts in, hitting hard as possible! [Brick Break]
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+3 3d8+10+15+8: 4 (1) 44 (3 4 4) (AC 2)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Is that 1 an auto-miss?
[OOC] Max Thorn: No critical misses, no.
[OOC] WC GM: It does fail to beat evasion, though.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Ah, well.
Speaker dances to the side!
[OOC] WC GM: Round 7, trainer actions!
There is a faint whistling from above.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Reminder: +1 tick of HP.
Sam Spade: "Alright, Chicklet, stay calm, stay focused, don't let that get to you." [Focused Orders]
Linnea quickly applies a Super Potion to Gervais now! [+35 HP, medic training]
Dramaticus: "Focus! Give it your all! The audience is watching!" He gestures to the many residents - Jaeger and otherwise - who have gathered.
Max Thorn: "That's…not what I meant when I told you to get your groove on, Antheia, but…eh, stick to the beat!" [Agility Orders]
Gervais gives a thumbs up to Linnea, having re-gathered his strength! [68/72]
[OOC] WC GM: Round 7, pokemon actions! Init order: Gervais, Antheia, Speaker, Lulim, Chicklet.
Esme: "Final stretch! Take it down!" [Focused Orders]
[OOC] WC GM: *swap those lines
Gervais leans back, then sweeps in from below with one more breaking blow! [Brick Break]
Esme rolled up 1d20+2: 10 (8) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
Esme rolled up 2d6+50: 57 (3 4) (Phys/Fight)
The whistling from above grows louder.
Antheia giggles, then flashes a big grin at the exploud. Sunlight glints off her teeth with a [Dazzling Gleam]!
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 3d8+33: 12 (12) 52 (3 8 8) (AC 2)
Linnea: "…Incoming!"
Max Thorn looks up.
Speaker staggers under the twin blows, then sucks in breath, as if having recovered from Hyper Beam quickly…and then, seeing Max and hearing Linnea, looks up…
…just in time for Spotlight to land, head-first, in Speaker's mouth, slamming him to the planks.
Sam Spade: "Oh, dear."
Max Thorn: "…That's gonna hurt in the morning."
Dramaticus just stares for a moment, then recalls both pokemon. "The challengers have won."
Linnea: "……….."
Sam Spade: "…Stand down, Chicklet."
Lulim lets out a long hiss, and the dreadful feeling of barely-contained power seems to dissipate.
Sam Spade ruffles Chicklet's feathers.
[OOC] WC GM: 126 pokemon XP to each trainer
Max Thorn: "All right, come on back, Antheia. Excellent work."
Sam Spade: "….Hey, Max?"
Max Thorn: "Yeah?"
Antheia disappears in a flash of red as she's recalled.
Sam Spade tosses him the packet that Dramaticus threw out yesterday.
Sam Spade: "Badge, reward."
Sam Spade then gets her own badge out and slots it into its rightful place in her pokedex carrier.
Max Thorn catches it. "Thanks."
Esme runs over and hangs onto Gervais' back. "You did so well mon chou~!"
Dramaticus: "And with that done, I suggest you take the curtain call before Moth finds out his headquarters is not under attack."
Sam Spade: "Sounds like a plan."
One of the Jaegers from the crowd speaks up. "It's not?"
Linnea: "Welp!"
Sam Spade: "Stormderp's not that crazy. Yet."
The Jaeger consults his pokedex, then holds it up. "You're right. The raid already concluded. Even Moth can't get there that fast."
The crowd begins murmuring, apparently discussing the raid and its aftermath.
Dramaticus sighs. "Ah, life imitates art~."
Sam Spade: "Well, we should be on our way."
Sam Spade: "Thank you for a good fight."
Sam Spade hugs Dramaticus.
Max Thorn checks his 'dex. There actually /was/ a raid?
There was. A quick, in-and-out raid by Team Stormcloud upon Team Jaeger Headquarters, in the former League Headquarters. It is not yet certain what they stole, or that they stole anything.
Linnea: "Huh. So it wasn't a joke…"
Dramaticus somewhat reluctantly hugs back. "You are welcome. And if you ever need to hide, just come back here."
Sam Spade: "Alright."
Linnea: "Hopefully we won't need it in that respect…"
Max Thorn stretches. "So what's next, guys?"
Sam Spade: "We're right next to the route to Onyx City."
Linnea: "The way forward seems obvious then, no?"
[OOC] Max Thorn: gotta run, folks. sorry.
[OOC] WC GM: We'll wrap this up.
Esme: "Everyone kept suggesting we get goggles or glasses…"
Gem Jane, clad in buneary-themed pajamas, pokes her head out Gem's Point's front door and stifles a yawn. "Oh, hey. What's with all the noise?"
Linnea: "First I heard of that. Maybe I can stop by that place before we leave."
Gem Jane runs a hand through her mussed hair. "Hmm? Oh, right right, I figured you'd want them so I got you some." She dips back inside for a moment, then comes out holding five sets of sunglasses - cheap-looking, but functional.
Linnea: "Oh, that's convenient. Thanks!"
Sam Spade just pull her own shades down.
Dramaticus: "Jane, I believe it is time for their exeunt, stage up."
Gem Jane: "Ah? Alright, follow me." She heads back inside.
Sam Spade follows.
Gem Jane leads the way to an elevator, which she opens and stands aside from. "This will take you straight to Onix Peaks."
Esme: "The roof, right?"
Tim and Sands quickly board the elevator.
Sam Spade follows them, too.
Gem Jane nods. "Onix Peaks, via the roof. Express transport."
Esme: "…huh."
Esme steps inside.
Once all are aboard, the elevator heads up, then tilts over abruptly. The "roof" opens, revealing a cramped corridor - more of a crawlway, really, leading up at an angle. The slowly lightening morning sky can be seen beyond, pointed a bit south of due west.
Linnea: "… What the heck."
Esme: "Uhh."
Sam Spade: "Come on, the Onix Peaks await."
Esme: "This better not be a cannon."
Just as Esme says those fateful words, the cannon fires.
[OOC] WC GM: +1 trainer level for clearing the town.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License