Session 57

The crystal, close-enough-to-zombie pokemon converge on the onix nest, then stop as they notice the intruding party.
Linnea: "Well. This'll get interesting."
Officer Jenny points at them. "Halt! You are not yourselves!"
Sands quirks an eye at Jenny.
Linnea: "…Don't think that's gonna work."
It does get their attention, at least. They begin shambling toward the party.
Max Thorn: "Force might, though. But now, I think it's time to dance. Suijin!"
The azumarill flicks an ear, then starts swaying to some internal beat, limbering up as he goes.
Tim: "Max, think your friends at the university can find out what's wrong with these pokemon if you can catch one?"
Linnea: "To hell with this. In times of greatest need…" She snaps her fingers, and in a dramatic burst of light, she's now wearing what looks like magicked leather armor, with an impressive aura around it. No time for elaborate sequences this time. [Bind 2 AP, Enchanting Transformation]
Max Thorn: "That's my thinking, yes."
Linnea's transformation glints off of, and through, the bodies of the oncoming horde in a dazzling display!
Linnea: "Right, who's first?!"
Max Thorn checks his pockets. Oh, good, a Dusk Ball.
Tim: "Iii'm…gonna call them so they know what to expect." He ducks into a Sands-sized side tunnel that was not there a moment ago.
Officer Jenny side-glances at that, then sighs. "Right. Let's…"
The geodudes SWARM and fly over the party, toward the miners behind.
Officer Jenny: "…"
Max Thorn: "…"
Two gravelers and a golem remain, lumbering toward the party. Sam and the miners are cut off!
Esme: "Oh."
Officer Jenny: "You get the big guys! I need to protect the miners!" She runs back to deal with the geodudes.
Linnea: "What a fuckin' kick in the pants, huh?"
Max Thorn: "Of course."
[OOC] WC GM: Are Esme and Linnea calling out pokemon?
[OOC] Linnea: Transform was my Shift Action.
[OOC] Linnea: Unless I can call out someone, too.
[OOC] WC GM: Pre-combat. You can still summon a pokemon.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1 has not yet begun.
Linnea readies a pokeball, and tosses it, bringing forth Miator! "<Right into the fire, huh?>" "Isn't that how it normally works?" "<Grumble.>"
Esme: "Gerv is still a bit under the weather…" She checks another pokeball. "Ah, complete? Alright, let's go Luc!"
Linnea: "Complete?"
The Porygon-Z emerges in a flash, spinning erratically with whirrs and beeps!
Linnea: "…That's unsettling."
With that, the lumbering crystal zombies come in range!
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1! Init order: Max, Miator, Linnea/Esme, Golem, Lucrece, Gravelers, Suijin.
Max Thorn: "Keep groovin', Suijin!" [Agility Orders]
Miator spreads her arms out wide, singing forth a series of strange notes - [Lucky Chant]
Linnea smacks fist into palm, igniting fearsome light along both- then, pointing at the enemy group, she makes a sweeping motion, and a series of blinding blasts erupt around them! [Dazzling Gleam]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 18 (18) (AC2, -1 Acc on even rolls)
[OOC] WC GM: Hit
Linnea: (oops, two more)
Linnea: (this is cone 2)
Linnea rolled up 2d20: 25 (18 7) (AC2, -1 Acc on even rolls)
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. They're definitely in a cone in front of the party.
[OOC] WC GM: All hit
Linnea rolled up 3d8+40: 55 (2 7 6) (Spec/Fairy)
These lights glint through the oncoming pokemon too, but the targets seem worse off for it.
[OOC] WC GM: Esme!
Esme: "Should be able to safely hit from here…"
Esme flicks her wrist, a yellow shard launching itself from her bracer. She chomps down on it, and her aura flares to life. Brown… yellow… silver! She clenches her fist, and slams it into the ground. Light gathers beneath the rock trio, erupting in a flurry of metal spikes! [Fistful of Force - Steel]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 19 (19) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Esme grits her teeth and twists her arm, a second blast pressing through! [Metamagic: Power Overdrive]
[OOC] Esme: -10 hp, +16 damage
Esme rolled up 3d8+47: 60 (7 1 5) (Special, Steel)
[OOC] Esme: also -1 AP! but done
It's super effective! Those gravelers seem almost down…
Max Thorn: "Try to leave one of 'em standing for me, please."
Esme: "Don't worry…" she pants, "…not doing that again."
Part of the golem's body simply sloughed off from those attacks. It picks it up, letting the detritus disintegrate into shards, then flings it at the party!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 13 (13)
Linnea: "I would hope not, that seems exceedingly reckl-"
[OOC] WC GM: Pokemon Ed to identify the move
Linnea rolled up 2d6: 10 (5 5)
Max Thorn rolled up 6d6: 13 (4 5 1 1 1 1)
WC GM rolled up 3d12+32: 55 (4 8 11)
[OOC] Max Thorn: Wow Chessa
[OOC] WC GM: 55-Defense damage to all party trainers & pokemon
[OOC] Esme: What type?
[OOC] WC GM: Rock
Linnea: "Aghghghh-!'
Max Thorn: "…Make a note of those for later; they *seem* to be diamonds!"
[OOC] WC GM: Esme: with Max's hint, Occult at a penalty will work too.
[OOC] WC GM: Or rather, higher difficulty.
Linnea: "Yeah, just gotta pry 'em out of us first…"
Esme: "Diamonds, huh…"
Esme rolled up 6d6: 14 (4 1 1 1 1 6) (Occult, mebbe?)
[OOC] Linnea: Linnea 72/114, Miator 41/[73]
[OOC] Esme: haha no
[OOC] Linnea: can I have a go, then?
[OOC] Esme: Esme 73/108, Luc 55/90
[OOC] WC GM: Sure
[OOC] WC GM: Also, Lucrece's turn)
Linnea rolled up 6d6: 22 (2 6 2 4 5 3)
[OOC] Max Thorn: 49/92 Suijin, 62/105 Max
Luc stares down the Golem, with its weird, swirly eyes. It spins in place, downloading data! [Trace - Swift Action]
[OOC] Esme: What abilities it got
Linnea: "Diamonds…Diamond Storm."
[OOC] WC GM: Run Up & Sand Veil
Linnea: "But…you're not…"
Linnea narrows her eyes at the Golem, her expression furious. "What ARE you?!"
[OOC] Esme: SAND VEIL IT IS
The gravelers, shaken to their core, curl up and roll out!
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 22 (9 13)
Luc then fires a concentrated beam of sludge at the Golem! As it seeps in, the porygon beeps, and a grid of violet lines etch themself into it! [Toxic + Blight]
[OOC] Esme: Badly Poisoned, -2 Atk CS, loses an additional 6 HP, loses a tick of HP each time it's hit by an attack until Luc's turn again
The golem takes that grid right into its core. It has maybe one more attack left before succumbing.
WC GM rolled up 1d8+25 1d8+25: 33 (8) 31 (6)
Linnea: "Now's a good a time as any!"
One of the gravelers overruns Esme (for 33-Defense HP). Another hits a ramp, curveballs through the air, and bounces off Linnea's back and shoulders (for 31-Defense HP).
Suijin inhales, then sends forth a high-volume jet of bubbles at the golem.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 3d8+24: 3 (3) 36 (8 2 2) (AC 2, -1 Speed CS on 18+)
Esme 's aura flares out slightly as she gets bowled down, striking that Graveler as it skids away! [Iron Barbs, -1 Tick]
The jet travels through the hole that sloughed off the golem.
[OOC] Esme: Esme 70/108, Luc 55/90
Linnea is thrashed around but still standing. (54/[102])
Esme strikes that graveler into a wall, where it shatters!
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Max, then Miator, then Linnea & Esme.
Max Thorn: "Once more, Suijin, with feeling!" [Agility Orders]
Miator glares down the other graveler, before letting loose a blast of savage [Psychic] force!
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 6 (6) (AC 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
Linnea rolled up Error: 1:7:undefined variable 'Psychic'
Linnea rolled up 3d10+35: 51 (4 5 7) (Psychic/Spec)
The other graveler is levitated into the air, mid-roll, before shaking and shattering! Only that golem now remains.
Max Thorn: "Leave the golem standing so I can catch it!"
Linnea: "As you say, as you say…"
The violet lines pulse. Even if the party does nothing, it looks like it will fall before Max can reach his pokeball.
Linnea: "You know…"
Linnea: "By then, it might be-"
Max Thorn: "If you don't heal it, yes."
Linnea snaps out a Great Ball and hurls it at the weakened Golem!
[OOC] WC GM: Roll to hit, then capture check.
Linnea rolled up 1d100: 26 (26) (-10 Capture modifier)
[OOC] Linnea: oh
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 13 (13)
[OOC] Esme: Pokeballs are what, AC 6?
Linnea pegs the golem square! It is sucked in…
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
The pokeball wriggles..
…shakes…
Linnea: "C'mon, you rat bastard…"
…ding!
Linnea: "YES!"
Max Thorn: "Or that works."
Linnea: "There you go, Max."
Max Thorn: "Thanks much, just send it on to the lab."
[OOC] WC GM: Needed a 25 or less; 26-10 sufficed.
Max Thorn pulls out his 'dex and taps a quick note, informing them of Lin's capture of an afflicted golem and reminding them to be very careful.
Linnea makes the preparations to do so, and away it goes, apparently!
Esme: "Nice! Though a little strong there with the venom Luccy. Not that that's a bad thing."
Linnea: "Now that things have settled down a little… anyone feeling weirder than usual other than getting beat the hell up? No rocks in places they shouldn't?"
Linnea: "It'd be bad to get Midas'd here."
Luc bubbles affectionately against its owner… then fizzes, and collapses in upon itself… before reappearing with a 'pop!'. [Recover, 90/90 HP]
None of the attacks on the party hit bone, fortunately. However, there is a commotion from the miners.
Max Thorn turns 'round.
Officer Jenny is very, very still. Even without seeing the wound - difficult with the miners surrounding her, lifting her up carefully - it is apparent what happened.
Linnea is about to take off toward the miners, but then there's a tap on her shoulder that nearly sends her leaping into the ceiling - but it's just Miator. [Healing Pulse]
Max Thorn: "…Well, crap. You guys take her back, we'll go on to town and whatnot."
One of the miners looks to the party. "We're going back to camp for some antidote. Uh…can you go ahead? We'll catch up later."
Linnea: "…We gotta, I guess…"
Miner: "Thanks. We'd leave her here, but it's probably safer to move her. You know, while we're not running from Midas."
Max Thorn applies two potions each to himself and to Suijin, then stands. "Right."
Linnea returns the favor to Mia by applying a Super Potion.
Max gets a ping from the storage system technicians, acknowledging receipt and request for analysis. They note the pokemon will be unavailable for retrieval during analysis.
Linnea: "Okay so… I have Questions about that thing we ran into."
Linnea: "Diamond Storm isn't usually one of those techniques within, ah, mortal reach."
Max Thorn: "So…you think a legendary's involved?"
[OOC] WC GM: +70 pokemon XP each for the fight
Esme: "Yeah, usually not."
Linnea: "Something's up with Diancie."
Linnea: "I don't know what, but if normal creatures unleash that kind of power…"
Linnea: "There must be a reason."
Linnea: "Granted, they could be cheating, like Esme."
Esme: "Hey, it's not cheating! …Mostly."
Linnea chuckles quietly.
The steelix guarding the nest ahead look at the party with…it is hard to judge their expressions, but apparently mixed gratitude and wariness. They slither aside to let the party pass.
Max Thorn scoops up some of the diamonds from that move and places them in a pocket for later analysis. "All right, let's go."
Linnea draws out her dowsing equipment on a whim, while they travel.
Esme perks, doing the same.
Without locals to guide the way - and the local network is still down, so no map - it seems like it would be hard to find town. Fortunately, just ahead is a large cavern with edges suggesting buildings within.
[OOC] WC GM: Yellow shards can be found here. Roll 'em.
Esme rolled up 10d6, success >= 6, exploding >= 4: 5 3 5 3 6 3 3 3 1 5 5 6 3 3 1 3 (6 explosions)
[OOC] Esme: whoops, backwards
Esme rolled up 10d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 1 3 5 1 5 1 5 1 5 1 (0 explosions)
Linnea rolled up 8d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 2 6 4 1 3 3 3 4 3 (1 explosions)
Esme rolled up 10d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 1 1 2 3 6 6 5 5 5 3 3 1 (2 explosions)
Esme rolled up 10d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 5 6 5 1 3 3 3 5 3 6 3 1 (2 explosions)
Linnea rolled up 8d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 6 2 1 4 6 2 3 4 5 2 (2 explosions)
Linnea rolled up 8d6, success >= 4, exploding >= 6: 3 3 2 4 2 1 1 1 (0 explosions)
[OOC] Esme: 14 Yellows
[OOC] Linnea: 9 for me.
Esme sockets one back into her bracer, replacing the one from earlier.
As the dowsing draws to a close, the buildings ahead come into better view.
This…is a shattered city.
Linnea: "Oh, this isn't good."
The party is in positively giant cavern, with the sky visible in two directions and still-morning sunlight streaming in from somewhere to the left suggesting a third exit. Travel from the camp has been slightly downward; the altitude is probably somewhere around Scale Mount's university plateau.
Max Thorn looks 'round. Any obvious mechanic's shops?
Strewn throughout the cave are the wooden skeletons of buildings, debris - some large slabs, lots of ground-up dust - suggesting the sheetrock was vulnerable. Ruins of furniture put on display everyday homes and offices, abandoned to the elements.
Here and there are broken skeletons of people and pokemon too, their organic bits thankfully rotted away. The people skeletons are still clothed, each and every one with a blood-soaked torso. Some of the pant legs and long sleeves are bent in unnatural angles; the bones, or dust remains thereof, within suggest these bends happened before death.
Linnea: "Oh, I don't like this…"
Max finds what may have been a garage, near one of the cave entrances. It was apparently made of strong, sturdy rock. It is now one of the more recognizable building skeletons, any surviving fine machinery and stores within buried under crystal that looks to be at least three times Max's weight.
Max Thorn: "Eh, quite. But we've a mission."
A few crystal-zombie pokemon - geodude and onix lines - lurch about in the distance, mindlessly grinding the city's remains into finer dust, but they are easily avoided.
Max Thorn makes his way for that particular mound of crystal. "…This is going to be a while, probably." He starts to work through the mound.
And then in one corner, near the sunlit entrance, lies an old-style wooden fort, with palisades and a gate.
Esme: "That's big…but not too big." She releases Gervais. "Mon chou, give Max a hand?"
[OOC] Esme: Power 9 and Groundshaper may help?
[OOC] WC GM: Groundshaper in particular. With that, Athletics check from all people & pokemon digging through the debris to see how long it takes.
[OOC] Max Thorn: can I use Survival here?
Max Thorn whistles and Suijin waddles over to help.
Suijin rolled up 4d6+2: 14 (2 3 5 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
Max Thorn rolled up 5d6: 22 (6 6 2 6 2)
Gervais rolled up 5d6+5: 23 (3 3 4 2 6)
[OOC] WC GM: Focus for telekinesis, if used.
Miator closes her eyes, and starts levitating rubble out of the way.
Esme cracks her knuckles and helps out as well.
Esme rolled up 4d6+1: 16 (6 2 4 3)
[OOC] WC GM: Since TK doesn't rely on muscles.
Miator rolled up 4d6: 12 (6 1 4 1)
[OOC] WC GM: And how does Linnea help? Straight digging, or magic?
[OOC] Linnea: She doesn't have telekinesis but can probably blast things away with magic - I mean, she has Moonblast right there, if you'll let me pick a different kind of roll for it?
[OOC] WC GM: Occult or Focus to try to blast away the rubble. Higher difficulty since you're trying not to hit your friends with shrapnel.
[OOC] WC GM: And for this, Virtuoso would apply.
Linnea takes a deep breath, training her focus on an area that shouldn't cause collateral damage for her friends, and…lets fly with a beam of otherworldly light! [-1 AP for +1 to roll]
Linnea rolled up 8d6+1: 27 (1 1 4 4 5 6 1 4) (Occult)
Max and Esme get the unique experience of digging in a hurry while ducking their teammate's powerful blasts of raw energy - with the moon not only not in the sky, but the sky mostly blocked by the mountain. Linnea makes it work.
Max Thorn somehow manages to not get brained during all this. He's not going to question it.
Finally, the party digs down to useful, salvageable gear. Most of it has been crushed, but there is a small bin of lodestones…just as the distinct click of rifle cocks sound from behind the party.
Linnea: "For fuck's sake."
???: "Looters? Here? Guess 'twas just a matter of time. What'd you think we should do wit' 'em?"
Linnea: "We ain't got a problem with you, alright?"
Linnea: "This shit was buried! How about we pick it up, move it out of this heap, and put it down and talk like sensible beings, yes?"
Max Thorn: "Just here to get a lodestone to power the pump at the refugee camp. We /had/ Officer Jenny with us, but…she's been injured."
Esme: "By a Midas-Graveler. Those are a thing now."
A familiar voice responds - almost Gem Jane's. "Sounds like they've got a story. Let them get their prize then bring them inside. And send someone to loot whatever they don't."
Max Thorn pockets the best lodestone in the pile.
Linnea: "(Oh, we've got a story alright…)" Grumble grumble.
A small squad of people dressed in rags, each carrying guns pointed more or less at the party, watches on. A few small water and grass pokemon prowl around their feet. All of them look malnourished.
Max Thorn: "Besides, Gem Jane sent us here." He gestures at the mountain and cavern surrounding him.
Max Thorn stands, hands raised to show a lack of weaponry.
The people tense up. "Gem…Jane?" "Yeah, that's what they said." "She'll want to hear about that!"
One of the guards nods toward the fort. "Alright, once you're done, this way. And quickly; you never know when Midas will come back."
[OOC] Max Thorn: Doesn't seem like we've anything else to do before we go do that, so…press A?
[OOC] Esme: Chug a lug
[OOC] Linnea: A
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
The fort is obviously recently constructed - no more than a few months old. The party can smell fresh lumber as they pass through the gate.
The floor is wood, the walls are wood…but most of the furniture is stone and crystal, evidently salvaged from outside. Most of the adults are armed, and the pokemon seem vigilant. Everyone seems on edge.
Moments after the party's arrival, there is shouting from off to the right. The gate is slammed shut, and many guards rally to the wall, shooting at something out of sight.
Linnea: "Midas?"
Max Thorn: "Wouldn't surprise me."
Esme: "More than likely."
The central compound is a mish-mash of hasty construction and salvage. In some places, scavenged furniture forms the walls. In others, spaces are marked out by loosely piled gems with wooden slab roofs.
…loosely piled gems. At first glance, the walls could be worth a fortune.
But here, they are used as construction material.
A lady who could be Gem Jane, but dressed in torn overalls that were never meant for grace and have not seen laundry in weeks (though, thankfully, do not quite reek), steps out from behind one such wall. "Nah, just Midas's makings, trying to get inside." She nods at the party's escort, who salute then run off to join their fellows at the wall.
Linnea: "Great."
Gem Jane Alike: "So. What's your story? Try anything funny and I can gut you right quick."
Linnea: "Sounds more and more like we're gonna-"
Linnea: "We're half beat to hell, we're not gonna do anything."
Max Thorn: "We came from Shady Narrows, via Gem Jane's cannon."
Esme: "She sent us here after learning we were on good terms with her brother Gem Jim, to come deal with the Midas situation."
Gem Jane Alike: "Keep talking." She turns to the side. Strapped to her back are a pickaxe and a sword, each seemingly made of solid glass or quartz. She draws the sword and begins polishing it; from the way she handles it, it is far more durable than it seems.
Linnea: "We're trying to get the generator for another town up and running."
Max Thorn: "Pump. Refugee camp."
Linnea: "Hence, the material hunting."
Max Thorn: "Midas had smashed it."
Gem Jane Alike: "If my sister sent you, what's the name of her cannon? And what gym leader does Gem Jim have to deal with?"
Esme: "Well the cannon was introduced as an express elevator…"
Linnea: "Really this is all going to boil down to taking out Midas to solve a lot of problems at once." She falls silent to let the others speak.
Max Thorn: "Lugia."
Max Thorn: "Or Cherie, take your pick."
Esme: "She's cool! …A bit odd, but it's to be expected."
The Gem Jane impostor quirks an eye. "…alright. And the name of the building that 'elevator' is in?"
Max Thorn: "Gem's Point."
Gem Jane Alike: "…hmm. Okay, one more question before I trust you." She plants the sword's point in the floor in front of her and leans on it.
Gem Jane Alike: "Where." Her gaze sweeps across the party. "THE HELL." She shakes a bit, anger plain on her face. "Is. Gem. John?!?"
Max Thorn: "Wish I could tell you, but we don't know either."
Esme shakes her head. "We only know what we know from Jenny and Joy, which isn't much."
The apparent Gem sibling sighs, closing her eyes. "Sorry. I shouldn't take it out on you. Just…he vanished right around when Midas showed up. I've been trying to take his place, but…it's just so hard…day after day…" A single tear rolls down her cheek. "Damn it, brother, where ARE you?!?"
Linnea: "Maybe he's Midas."
Linnea: "Wouldn't be the weirdest thing we've experienced."
The Gem sibling whips her sword up and points it at Linnea. "Don't EVEN joke about that!"
Linnea: "I'm not joking."
Esme motions to protest…but no, it wouldn't be the weirdest. Also, sword.
Linnea: "It's well within the realm of possibility."
Linnea: "Angering a legendary, finding oneself transformed into a beast…"
Frowning, the Gem-alike lowers her sword. "…you're serious."
Linnea: "Of course I'm serious.
Linnea: "I'd need more information, but it's something worth looking in to."
Esme: "There's some evidence of Diancie being involved."
Max Thorn: "We haven't /personally/ encountered such a thing before, but…we've met Lugia, MissingNo, Shaymin, and Arceus as a group. And she" -Max points at Lin- "has a relationship with Meloetta, I think."
Linnea 's face tinges red a bit. "Um. Yes."
Max Thorn: "Anyway, I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Max Thorn."
Linnea: "Linnea Maylithos."
Esme: "Esme Duval, of the Fontaine-Duval Estate."
Gem Jean: "My name is Gem Jean, and as you have probably guessed, I'm the substitute gym leader…and, well…" She gestures to the wall. "…effectively mayor of what's left of Onix Peaks."
Linnea: "We are, shall we say, uniquely equipped to deal with mysteries."
Max Thorn: "Professional troubleshooters, that's us. Point us at trouble, we shoot it. Or shoot the breeze with it, depending."
Gem Jean: "If you want to help, I'll take what I can get. Though…" She sheathes her sword and looks at Esme. "Did you say, Joy AND Jenny?"
Esme: "Mmm…well Jenny was in a bad spot when we last left her, but they were the first two we met when we got here."
Max Thorn: "She was leading us here so we could get a lodestone to fix the water pump back at the refugee camp."
Gem Jean: "That can't be right. Our Officer Jenny died in the Jaeger invasion. I was part of her burial crew. We haven't had a new one since…unless she arrived after Midas?"
Linnea: "…Eh?"
Max Thorn: "Then we ran into a group of geodude-lines looking to assault an onix nest. Drove the geodude-lines and sent a golem-their leader, I think-to Scale Mount so my colleagues could analyse it and hopefully come up with something we can use to counteract the change."
Linnea: "A Golem that could use Diamond Storm."
Linnea: "Things are getting really weird down here."
Gem Jean: "There were rumors of Diancie sightings just before Midas appeared."
Linnea: "A possible lead, then."
Gem Jean: "I've been able to triangulate their rough location, but I've been busy…and the survivors weren't fighters until I got them into shape…"
Max Thorn: "Eh. We can manage, I think."
Max Thorn: "I'd like to get this lodestone back to the camp and fix their water pump, though."
Gem Jean sighs and shakes her head. "We don't even have much in the way of food stores. All our vehicles got smashed. We don't even have a phone or a poke…" She looks at the party in sudden realization. "…dex…"
Linnea: "Yep."
Max Thorn: "If you and your survivors want to come with us at least as far as the camp…?"
Gem Jean's eyes go wide, then she seizes Linnea's shoulders. "Please! Please! Can you call another town and have them send up a food shipment! We've got more than enough gems to pay but we need food, and medicine!"
Then she looks at Max. "What camp?"
Linnea: "I-of-"
Max Thorn recounts the story of their journey from Gem's Point to the town.
Gem Jean's jaw drops. "…and you know where they are? You can take us there?!?"
Esme: "Probably!"
Gem Jean: "Then lead the way!" She marches out the door into the fort's courtyard. "HEY! EVERYONE! OUR VISITORS KNOW WHERE THAT CAMP IS, AND THAT CAMP HAS *FOOD*! LET'S GO!"
Linnea: "… . ."
Max Thorn: "…"
Linnea sighs.
There is a rousing cheer, and the defenders on the wall begin climbing down.
Max Thorn: "…Time to go, I guess."
Esme: "I wouldn't be too loud about it, though."
Gem Jean: "Why not? It's not like Mi-"
Max Thorn: "…Yes, he will."
Linnea: "Yeah."
Dust from above gives away Sands opening a hole in the ceiling, from which he drops, closely followed by Tim.
Linnea: "Especially if my theory holds true."
Tim: "INCOMIIING!"
Max Thorn: "See?"
Linnea: "Wow, you jinxed it before we even left."
Linnea: "Impressive."
Sure enough, one minute later, Midas smashes the hole open wider and drops into the fort.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License