Session 6

Weiss: "We do have snowboards. But I'm not sure how they'd help?"
Esme: "They would not."
Jack Layfield: "DUUUUUUUDE!"
Anna Tommize blinks.
Anna Tommize: "Snuu-board?"
Anna Tommize: "I-I always wanted to try…"
Jack Layfield: "Hell yes they'll help. Don't be a buzzkill Esme."
Weiss: "Yes, well…it's impractical to lug them up here, so I've trained, well…Vanillish, could you show them?"
Max Thorn: "I'd like to repeat my inquiry regarding lightening the load with strong winds."
A vanillish drifts up from the back, carrying a load of snow and ice. "Ish!" It begins shaping and smoothing the material - the result is quickly recognizable as a snowboard, though it takes several minutes to finish polishing.
Esme: "What is a buzzkill?"
Weiss: "I'm not sure winds would help. They'd blow off the top layer at most, but the true avalanche is deep inside, where the snow breaks off of itself."
Jack Layfield: "It means you're being a radical lame-o, feel me?"
Esme looks confused. "I have no idea what you just said. But I'm not sure how the board thing will help with the avalanche problem."
Anna Tommize blinks.
Esme: "Unless you wedge a boulder off an edge or something, maybe?"
Anna Tommize: "Ice-board?"
Max Thorn: "Ah, right. Compression. We've got two ground-types who can dig, but I don't know the extent of their capabilities in that regard."
Anna Tommize squats down and touches the newly-formed snowboard.
Anna Tommize: "Brr!"
Anna Tommize recoils as if she has just touched ice. She looks disappointed.
Weiss: "Don't worry about causing the avalanche. We can do that. But we need it to be safe and not wipe out the town."
Weiss: "We could take care of THAT if not for Team Jaeger's snipers, threatening to take out anything that flies."
Max Thorn: "So…temporarily blind them, perhaps?"
Jack Layfield: "Or just beat em up."
Weiss: "They're spread out to prevent an ambush." She pulls up a map of town on one of the screens. Six dots are in a loose half-ring some distance from town. "Here."
Anna Tommize: "Snippers? Why put snippers here…"
Weiss shrugs. "Field of view, I guess."
Anna Tommize tilts her head.
Esme: "To keep our new friend from getting away."
Anna Tommize: "But why have them around…Ooh."
Weiss: "Do you know why they're in a buzz now, of all times?"
Tim promptly slips outside with Sands.
Max Thorn: "…Yes. The Jaegers who were using Magnitude inside the cave were trying to capture a foreign officer and his raichu."
Max Thorn: "And then the idiots decided *we* needed to be neutralized too when we came across the scene."
Jack Layfield: "Hey Tim I'm not stupid!" Jack follows Tim outside.
Anna Tommize frowns and nods.
Max Thorn: "Said foreign officer's got a helicopter nearby and is hoping to escape."
Tim: "Never said you were."
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Tim is trying to keep plausible deniability
Tim: "But I just wanted to see the sights right now."
Weiss: "Uh huh." She glances at the door that Jack and Tim just exited through.
Esme looks over the map.
Jack Layfield: "You sure you're okay with this though?"
Tim: "With what?"
Tim: "I don't know anything about a plot to help an infiltrator escape. Do I, Sands?"
Sands: "Sand!"
There seem to be small structures at each dot - apparently recent construction.
Jack Layfield: "Right then. I am stupid, I'll just uh, do something with a snowboard."
Esme: "They are on some sort of towers, I am guessing?"
Tim sits down on the snow. "Jack, do people shoot each other here?"
Weiss: "Actually, no. Just shelters from the cold."
Max Thorn: "And Tim, ah, is our Team Jaeger escort. Who earnestly would prefer to avoid bloodshed, hence his exit just now."
Weiss: "…smart kid. So would we."
Anna Tommize: "Soo…We, uh…"
Jack Layfield: "Not typically. Honestly, most violence seems to involve pokemon. Not radical."
Anna Tommize: "Whadoowedo again?"
Anna Tommize scratches her head.
Weiss: "Ironically, if the avalanche did come without preparations, these snipers would be the first ones buried."
Anna Tommize: "Sorry, mah memory is bad…"
Tim nods. "We don't…well, not that I've seen…shoot PEOPLE in Dojji, either. And pokemon only if it'll fend them off."
Max Thorn: "…If it were to start, would you be able to put the plates into position in time to avoid damaging the town but *after* these snipers're buried?"
Weiss shakes her head. "If it were full-on, there wouldn't be time to put the plates in by the time they're buried. By that point, you'd have megatons of snow going almost half the speed of sound."
Jack Layfield: "Some bad guys, it's a question of scale, why shoot someone when you could have a pokemon immolate them with a fireball. Which again, is totally not cool."
Tim nods. "Yeah. Do what you have to to survive, but…"
Max Thorn: "Oof. How about 'accidentally' burying them before the avalanche, then?"
Weiss blinks.
Max Thorn: "You did warn them they'd be buried first if the avalanche actually triggered, right?"
Weiss: "You mean…a mini-avalanche? Just enough to bury the snipers?"
Weiss: "Of course we did."
Max Thorn: "Yes, a mini-avalanche."
Weiss zooms the map out. "That…that could actually work! You'd have to approach by stealth, and maybe try to bury them all at once…"
Anna Tommize: "B-but then they'd suffocate…"
Esme: "If the other two Jaegers were any indication, they probably have a way to dig out."
Weiss gives Anna a look. "They swear their sandslashes all know Dig."
Esme ponders.
Anna Tommize frowns.
Anna Tommize: "Well…"
Esme: "Yeah! I've actually never seen them with anything other than ground-types."
Anna Tommize: "O-OK…but I dunn loik it!"
Max Thorn: "Do we have enough pokémon able to trigger an avalanche on hand to do that?"
Weiss: "Ground types? Try sandshrews and sandslashes, specifically."
Weiss: "Every single one of them I've seen…"
Weiss: "Actually…your friend asked about snowboards. How good are you with those?"
Max Thorn: "Me, personally? Don't know a thing. Hold on."
Max Thorn sticks his head out the door. "Hey, Jack! Your expertise with boarding's on the line!"
Esme: "I have never ridden such a thing in my life, but…it couldn't be too hard, right?"
Weiss: "The right pressure, cutting across at the right spot, could just trigger it."
Jack Layfield: "Duuuuuuude."
Jack rushes back in.
Weiss: "Or just go down there and break up the snow, deep. Any significant explosion should do it."
Weiss: "Oh, hey." She looks at Jack. "CAN you handle a snowboard?"
Max Thorn: "Wouldn't an explosion risk setting off the avalanche for real, though?"
Jack Layfield: "Where's the board, and what sweetacular slopes can I ride?"
Vanillish has by now finished the first board, and presents it to Jack.
Weiss: "Vanillish! Enough boards for all of them and their pokemon, please!"
Vanillish pauses.
Weiss sighs. "Fiiine, I'll double the order of ice cream next time."
Vannillish: "VAN~!" With a happy bobble, it hovers off to make more boards.
Weiss: "I've never seen a bigger ice cream addict."
Jack grabs the board, weighing it carefully.
Max Thorn: "Comes from not being subject to brain freeze, I expect."
Jack Layfield: "That's almost cannibalism."
Jack Layfield: "Wacked out, man."
Weiss's eyebrow twitches.
Weiss: "I. Know."
Jack Layfield: "Woah."
Weiss: "Anyway. By the time that's done the sun will be completely down. Trust me, you do NOT want to be on these slopes when it's dark out."
Weiss: "Guess you're spending the night."
Weiss: "Good thing they built these stations to double as emergency shelters. It's no pokemon center, but welcome to what hospitality I can offer."
Max Thorn: "Well aware of that. We'd been *told* that we wouldn't need cold-weather gear, but I guess they didn't anticipate us running into a situation like this."
Esme: "It is appreciated! I am quite alright of putting off getting shot at again until tomorrow."
Jack Layfield: "Sweeeeeeeeet."
Weiss: "…shot at?" She looks at the party again.
Max Thorn: "The Team Jaegers we encountered had guns."
Weiss: "And they used them?"
Esme: "And grenades!"
Max Thorn: "Yes."
Weiss: "I mean…I know the snipers were threatening to use theirs, but…"
Max Thorn: "*Fortunately*, we were only grazed, but…" He indicates the bandaged wounds.
Anna Tommize: "T-they tried ta kill meh…"
Jack Layfield: "To be honest, they're kind of terrible shots."
Weiss blinks.
Esme: "Well they were suffering from 3rd degree chemical burns. Can you blame them?"
Weiss: "I've seen their target practice. They vary, but…"
Esme: "Correction, probably only 2nd."
There is a slight rumble outside.
Jack Layfield: "That sounds bad."
Anna Tommize peeks out the window.
There has been a minor snow tumble. No sign of Tim or Sands.
Anna Tommize gasps.
Anna Tommize: "Max?"
Anna Tommize walks outside.
The party's tracks have been erased. It is as if the land - or snow, anyway - just renewed itself.
Esme looks. It's not snowing, is it?
It is not currently snowing. The air is cold, crisp, and clear.
Esme: "Huh."
Max Thorn: "Think Tim understands what we need from a technical standpoint. Shame he has to maintain plausible deniability, though."
The sun's disk slips over the horizon. There are faint heavy thuds - footfalls? - approaching.
Esme: "Probably for the best…"
In the dim light, it looks like a thick ursaring approaching, with slow, deliberate steps.
Anna Tommize pauses.
Max Thorn pokes his head out. "Hello?"
Anna Tommize: "U-urs…."
Anna Tommize very slowly steps back inside and closes the door.
[OOC] WC GM: Is anyone still outside?
Max Thorn rolled up 4d6: 14 (14) (pokémon ed)
Weiss: "Is there a problem?"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Yes-ish, but I'll be in shortly.
[OOC] Max Thorn: As soon as I ascertain whether that is in fact an ursaring, etc.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I hope it's a Bewear
Max realizes the legs are too long for an ursaring just as the figure gets close enough to see well. A solidly built man in a navy blue furred (probably synthetic fur, but no way to tell without feeling it) longcoat, with a brown beard that seems to meld into the coat, stomps his way up to Max, his boots sinking foot-deep into the snow.
Man: "Ho! Weiss, am here."
Weiss: "Oh! Oh, quick, open the door!"
Max Thorn: "Evenin', sir." He opens the door Anna so rudely closed and steps inside, holding it open for the man.
Anna Tommize: "A-aah! The Ursar talked!"
Anna Tommize yips in surprise.
Max Thorn: "It's a human bean, Anna."
Anna Tommize: "O-oh…"
Anna Tommize: "Sorr…"
The man steps inside, shaking off what might be ten kilograms of snow. "Ah." His stern eyes regard the party. "These the trawelers?"
Max Thorn *barely* manages to clip 'you ditz' from that, but people who aren't Anna probably heard it anyway.
Weiss: "Yes. They'll be spending the night here."
Man: "Heh. Pokemon trainers. Fit Bruce's description."
He suddenly points at Anna. "YOU! Show me your badge!"
Jack Layfield: "Woah."
Jack Layfield: "You're massive bro."
Esme claps her hands together. "Ah! Are you Mr. Ivan?"
Ivan: "Da!" He nods. "Your Beach Badge. Show me."
[OOC] WC GM: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/14/58/33/145833207b0a1244337f7950aca183e2.jpg
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Anna may be a ditz, but she's nice!
Max Thorn pulls out his trainer book and opens it up.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, with holster - though he hides it.
Anna Tommize awkwardly presents her badge.
Anna Tommize: "W-w-why me…?"
Ivan leans over and peers. "Hmm…da. Yes, is badge. Good."
Meeps meeps belligerently at Ivan. Don't bully my property, it seems to say.
Esme digs through her bag, producing her pokedex and the badge within the case.
Anna Tommize puts a hand on her Mareep's head to try and calm it down.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Amodan Quest confirmed for Advance War: Pokemon
Ivan stands up straight, head nearly bumping the roof. "Needed be sure. You here to challenge me, I assume? Will gladly take challenge after current situation dealt with. Gym battle interrupted by destruction of town, would not be good thing, ya?"
Anna Tommize: "I-I-I was intending o-on it…."
Jack points at the badge pinned to his helmet.
[OOC] WC GM: Oh, wait for it. :P
Max Thorn: "Indeed. We've been brainstorming ways of getting things going safely."
Anna Tommize is very obviously intimidated by this bear of a man.
Ivan seems not to notice. Then again, he seems to be the type who would be oblivious to intimidation he causes.
Weiss: "I think they have a way. Can you get the fleet ready to move at first light?"
Ivan: "Da! You handle the snipers?"
Jack Layfield: "…Fleet?"
Jack Layfield: "You have a Fleet?"
Ivan: "Da! Fleet of pokemon and helicopters!"
Ivan: "Take much power to put heavy shields in place!"
Ivan: "Too heavy to risk leaving in place."
Ivan: "But made for moving cargo. Only so so at battling. Not good against guns."
Ivan: "So! You get up in morning, handle snipers, then first light and we put up shields? Is good plan."
Jack Layfield: "Plus, I get to snowboard."
Anna Tommize: "O-OK…"
Weiss: "Yeah. I'll have them out of here by 9."
Max Thorn: "Um…when's daybreak here, again?"
Weiss: "Oh, right, you wouldn't know. Ah, the mountains block normal dawn around here, so our first light isn't until about 10."
Weiss: "Ice Cove gets shorter days than the rest of Amoda. That helps keep it cold."
Max Thorn: "…How exactly does that work?"
Ivan: "Wery tall, wery steep mountain."
Ivan: "Shorter days, longer nights."
Esme blinks.
Jack Layfield: "Say, giant huge-mclarge gym leader man, are there any Sneasel around here?"
Ivan shrugs. "Is excuse to sleep in, whenever want. Just be up by first light."
Jack Layfield: "I hear they're fast."
Ivan: "Hmm." He strokes his beard. "Sneasel, sneasel…"
Ivan: "Ya, is one nest Ivan know of. Near base of mountain, least sunlit part."
Ivan: "Ivan show you once back in town, if want."
Max Thorn: "Would it still be there after this avalanche business?"
Jack Layfield: "Heck yah!"
Ivan shrugs. "Will not know until after."
Ivan: "Honestly, Ivan curious about that too. Hope Team Jaeger not chase away."
Ivan: "Anyvay. Will go notify fleet. Have snipers handled by first light."
Ivan tromps back out.
Esme looks up this 'Sneasel' thing in the pokedex.
Anna Tommize looks around for the spot she's going to sleep tonight.
Pokedex: "A smart and sneaky Pokémon, it makes its opponents flinch by suddenly showing the claws hidden in its paws."
The back of the station is one large room, with a bathroom attached and a studio apartment style kitchen. Deploying bedding rolls will make it cramped, but there is enough space for all.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I hope it was alright for Jack to ask about that.
Tim suddenly bursts out of the snow, Sands alongside him, all smiles. "Aaah, this snow is so GREAT!"
Max Thorn heads into the shelter's kitchen area and starts cooking up some grub. Homestyle hamburger mac'n'cheese with some kick to it for the humans, and species-appropriate foods for the pokémon.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure. It's not psuedolegendary territory.
Esme: "Sneaky, huh."
Tim: "It's like a cold desert! That melts, into WATER, if you put a little heat into it!"
[OOC] Jack Layfield: He likes fast pokes and sneasel was the only fast ice type I could think of
Anna Tommize blinks.
[OOC] Esme: It is Not!Underdog and thus decidedly more powerful than anything anyone else has, but I do not care because I don't have to design our encounters
Anna Tommize: "W-w-well, it ish water…"
Tim fully exits the snow. "Too bad it's so cold, though!"
Jack Layfield: "Tim, little broskie, you did know snow is frozen water before now right?"
Tim: "Yeah, yeah."
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, the one condition is that the rest of the party should start being able to catch pokemon too.
[OOC] WC GM: Also note that Ivan won't show you the nest until after the gym battle anyway.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: >Implying I'm actually capable of catching pokemon
[OOC] Jack Layfield: We all saw what happened with zubat
[OOC] Max Thorn: and? shit happens.
[OOC] Esme: Better get that False Swipe TM
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Better not get confused by poke I'm trying to catch first turn
Tim: "Doesn't mean it doesn't feel just like home only better except for being so cold."
[OOC] WC GM: Any other activities for the evening, or fast forward to morning?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Morning, I think.
[OOC] Esme: Morning is good
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Morning
[OOC] Jack Layfield: morning, I think
It is dark. Somewhere, an alarm clock insistently beeps.
Red numbers spell "9:00" on a blinking display.
The far end of the station is dimly lit by consoles and indicator lights, but the light does not illuminate the end the party has slept in.
Through the windows can be seen faint stars, but even the moon is below the horizon.
Anna Tommize groans and tugs a bit on Meeps fur. Her pillow into turn bleets at her in annoyance.
Max Thorn 's up and in the kitchen in approximately 5 minutes, preparing food that can be eaten on the go.
[OOC] WC GM: In the dark?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Perfectly possible if you know where you put stuff. I've done it.
Esme stretches herself awake, popping open her pokedex for light.
[OOC] WC GM: Fair enough.
Soon the red glow of the cooktop adds another light source, lighting Max's face and torso from below.
Jack is carefully adjusting his ice-snowboard, Sandy at his side, poking him for attention occasionally.
Anna Tommize: "Mmm…noooo…."
Anna Tommize: "Sleeep…"
Anna Tommize turns over.
Anna's face plants onto another pillow.
Anna Tommize: "Muuh….M-muh!?"
Anna Tommize pushes herself up and blinks.
Anna Tommize: "Cotton…"
Anna Tommize looks where her head landed.
Weiss: "O…oy…"
Weiss: "I'll be good. Stop the trash compactor."
Weiss: "Zzz."
Max Thorn: "Okay, folks. Time to get up." He tosses Antheia over to the light switch bank, where she flips on all the lights. All of them.
LIGHT.
…it takes unprepared eyes a few minutes to adjust.
Anna Tommize: "Nyooo…"
Weiss is still out cold.
Anna Tommize buries her face in sheep fur.
Anna Tommize very slowly pulls it back and makes the saddest eyes at Max.
Jack Layfield: "Come on guys, it's time to be awesome."
Max Thorn: "Time to get up."
Max Thorn: "Unless you'd rather sleep in and let people die."
Anna Tommize slowly drags herself to her feet and rubs eyes.
Anna Tommize: "A-ah can't…"
Anna Tommize: "I need to save everyone…"
Jack Layfield: "From?"
Anna Tommize looks at Jack.
Anna Tommize: "Isn't it obvious…?"
Anna Tommize: "Da wavs…"
There is a note where Tim's sleeping bag was. "Gone ahead to town. Meet you at the pokemon center."
Anna Tommize frowns.
Anna Tommize: "O-oh no! What if he gets kidnapped!?"
Max Thorn: "…Sensible kid. He's much better off down there and away from our sordid business."
Esme: "Mmmhmm."
Sam Spade yawns
Jack Layfield: "Our wicked awesome business."
Sam Spade: "It's not like he's the only Jaeger in town. He'll have backup if something happens."
Anna Tommize makes eye contact with Sam. Her eyes swirl.
Anna Tommize: "Dat's jus as bad…"
Anna Tommize puts her glasses on.
Sam Spade: "…just as b-gah! Please don't do that, Anna."
Anna Tommize: "Do wut?"
There is a small arsenal of snowy snowboards to one side. It seems Vanillish has been industrious.
Sam Spade: "Please keep in mind he's been surrounded by Jaegers his entire life. I'd rather he were with us, too, but they'll keep him safe, at least."
Esme: "So how do these work?"
Max Thorn: "Are we likely to learn how to use them well enough to be effective within the next, um, 30 minutes? Cos we need to get going ASAP."
Jack Layfield: "You balance on them, ride down the slope. Don't hit anything."
On one of the monitors up front are several paths down the mountain. It seems Weiss intended for the party to split up and create one mini-avalanche for each of the six sniper nests.
Jack Layfield: "It's just like a skateboard but way harder and you're strapped into it and nothing like a skateboard. Don't worry, it's easy."
Sam Spade: "Um. The last time I was on a skateboard I broke my arm."
Esme: "Oh! So like log surfing. Sounds easy enough."
Anna Tommize carefully straps her feet to the snowboard. She shivers.
Then whines like a dog.
Outside, away from the shelter's lights, is lit only by the stars.
Jack Layfield: "Don't worry, you're far more likely to hit a tree and break your neck than your arm."
Sam Spade: "That's…so…very comforting."
Anna Tommize sighs, and pulls up the map.
Sam Spade hesitates, then gives Anna a reassuring squeeze of the shoulder.
Anna Tommize: "Soo…da first snipper is ah…."
Anna Tommize looks back and smiles a little.
Anna Tommize: "T'ank-you."
Five paths. Six spots. The westernmost is labeled "JACK" and covers two; the other four are unmarked and cover one each.
Jack Layfield: "Just follow my lead, it'll be radical."
Esme straps herself in, and wobbles herself forward. "We'll be fine. Probably."
Sam Spade: "Okay."
Jack straps himself in, then invites sandy to hop on.
Max Thorn distributes the food, then straps himself in and gets ready to go. He angles himself toward the northernmost position.
Sam Spade straps herself in, goes to take a step, and falls flat on her face.
Sam Spade: "Ugh."
Sam Spade carefully levers herself back upright.
Sam Spade: "Malta, can you give me a hand?"
Jack Layfield: "Everyone falls down a lot at first."
Malta grabs the back of Sam's overcoat and hovers a bit.
Max Thorn: "Real comforting, man."
Sam Spade: "Sure, I figured. But we're about to be snowboarding down an avalanche, and Malta doesn't know Dig."
Jack Layfield: "Above an avalanche, probably. Just don't get in front of it."
Meeps carefully balances itself on the back of Anna's snowboard.
Jack Layfield: "The avalanche should be faster than you."
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, ready to start?
Esme: "Faster, and not behind. Got it!"
Sam Spade: "Okay…"
[OOC] WC GM: The first challenge is navigating in the starlight. How do you do this?
[OOC] WC GM: Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7NepeWLuTU
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Wing it!
Anna Tommize leans forward on board carefully, waiting for the avalanche to start.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Sounds about right to me.
[OOC] Esme: Ima use Focus
A close inspection of the map shows six points to cross, where the pressure of a passing snowboarder should cause a mini-avalanche.
Max Thorn: "We're not snowboarding down an avalanche. We're creating miniature ones above Jaeger snipers so that the /actual/ avalanche can be handled safely."
[OOC] Sam Spade: And my understanding was we WERE starting the avalanche? I'm afraid I skimmed.
[OOC] WC GM: You understand correctly. As Max summarized.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright - Athletics, Acrobatics, Focus, or other relevant skills to snowboard down to the relevant locations.
[OOC] WC GM: Your pokemon can roll for you if you want to have them lead.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Focus it is!
[OOC] WC GM: But please indicate skill and who's rolling.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Jack is rolling athletics, of course
Sam Spade kicks off, this time making it about ten feet before faceplanting again.
Malta circles above her like a buzzard while she gets back up.
Sam Spade glances around the group. She might be blushing, but with the snow-contact causing her to flush, it's hard to tell.
Sam Spade gathers herself and kicks off again!
Jack kicks off, rocketing forward, leaning back and forth and speeding around, Sandile balanced on the front of his board.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Gonna go with Survival here, I think.
Esme hops forward, and begins sliding down the mountain. This shouldn't be any harder than rolling on a log back home, right? [Athletics]
Max Thorn rolled up 3d6: 10 (10) (Survival, so as to not die.)
Esme rolled up 3d6: 9 (9) (Athletics Go)
Jack Layfield rolled up 4d6+2: 19 (19) (athletics is best)
Sam Spade rolled up 3d6: 9 (9) (Focus to see where she's going.)
[OOC] WC GM: Note that Jack will need to roll twice, since he's been given two sniper nests to snow.
Jack Layfield rolled up 4d6+2: 15 (15) (second sniper nest)
[OOC] WC GM: Need a roll from Anna
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yeah
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Lookin for it on my sheet
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Ah there we go
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d6: 5 (5) (Athletics)
[OOC] WC GM: Isn't Anna's Athletics 2?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Nope!
[OOC] WC GM: So that's 2d6
[OOC] Esme: Your-Yeah. That'd be Acrobatics, which is 1
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Oh derp
Anna Tommize rolled up 2d6: 8 (8) (Not as funny. : <)
[OOC] WC GM: Acrobatics is allowed too. :P
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Oh! Then let's take the shit roll!
Jack easily slices the snow, one then two mini-avalanches rolling onto unsuspecting and possibly still-asleep snipers.
Jack Layfield: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Max manages to pull up and start his going just as Jack finishes his second.
Esme and Sam cut through…that should be where they were supposed to cut, right? No avalanche.
Anna forgets to steer and finds herself falling controllably toward a sniper nest.
[OOC] WC GM: Jack and Max are within range of Esme and Sam, respectively, if they would like to assist.
[OOC] WC GM: Second round of actions?
Sam Spade pulls up to the side - by wobbling and landing on her face again.
Max Thorn swoops in to try and help Sam…
Max Thorn rolled up 3d6: 13 (13) (please let's not die)
Sam Spade: "Oh, crap! Malta! Back up Anna! …If you think you'll be safe from Meeps."
Esme frowns. "Not too hard, but not too easy, either."
Jack, with a sweeping curve, arcs around towards Esme at high speeds to assist.
Max jumps and lands on the pack Sam loosened. Four mini-avalanches away!
Jack Layfield rolled up 4d6+2: 16 (16) (ATHLETE TIME WOOO)
Five mini-avalanches away!
[OOC] WC GM: Sam and Esme can back up Anna. What do you do?
[OOC] Sam Spade: Well, given that if we trigger her avalanche, we take out HER too…
Esme gives this another go, swinging down to try and tumble some snow over that nest before she tumbles into it.
Sam Spade takes a wobbly stance, and heads down towards the sniper nest that Anna is heading towards.
[OOC] Esme: Nah she's falling controllably. There's no un-!
Sam Spade rolled up 3d6: 9 (9) (gotta catch up with them)
Esme rolled up 3d6: 10 (10) (More surfy swervy)
[OOC] WC GM: Anna's action?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Anna falls.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Sorry comforting fiance in other window.
[OOC] WC GM: K. There's the sniper nest ahead. Doing anything to it?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: …Let's climb up there.
[OOC] WC GM: You're still above it, for the moment.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Not for long!
Anna Tommize: "H-how do I steer!?"
[OOC] WC GM: Jumping, then? Roll your jump.
Anna Tommize trips on her board and tumbles into the side of the nest. Looking back in a panic, she looks around for some sort of ladder or access to the top.
[OOC] WC GM: …actually…roll 1d20 for improvised Tackle attack.
Anna Tommize: "P-please dun trigger ah gosh ah gosh."
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d20: 5 (5)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits, roll damage.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: That is…technically a hit, probably.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Tackle is uh…lemme get the move from the reference
[OOC] WC GM: 1d8+12, for Meeps' Tackle
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Meeps attacks too?
Anna Tommize rolled up 1d8+12: 18 (18)
[OOC] WC GM: Meeps is on the snowboard, yeah?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Tru
[OOC] Sam Spade: I'm assuming Meeps is tackling Anna out of the way of the avalanche that Esme launched.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Aah.
The sniper nest is recent construction. It is not sturdy construction.
Anna Tommize: "A-ah'm sorry! I'm new t'boardin!"
Sam catches up to Anna just in time to be included in the Meeps-Anna-Sam tumble…
Anna Tommize looks in a panic for the TJ member.
Sam Spade: "Waaaah!"
…that smashes into, and straight through, the nest…
Anna Tommize: "J-jaggie! C'mon there's an avalanche comin!"
…waking up the snipers, but they barely have time to process this before the mini-avalanche Esme triggered catches up.
Sam Spade: "Look out below!"
Anna Tommize: "Come onnnn!"
Sam Spade: "I'm tryin!"
Anna Tommize tries to pull one along, but trips on her board.
[OOC] Anna Tommize: A sniper, if I'm close enough.
[OOC] Sam Spade: They're behind us now.
[OOC] WC GM: You can drag the sniper along if you want. Do you?
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Yes!
[OOC] WC GM: There was only one.
[OOC] WC GM: K
[OOC] Anna Tommize: I have t'save them!
[OOC] Max Thorn: *facepalm*
[OOC] Anna Tommize: :D
The empty sniper nest is soon buried.
Max Thorn: "…Anna, I'm pretty sure the sniper can dig their way out with their pokémon. It's okay to leave them to be buried."
Just then, late dawn begins to break over the mountains. On signal, there is a roar of flapping wings and helicopter engines starting up.
[OOC] Sam Spade: I'm pretty sure that Anna heard you say that before we started this and then ignored you.
Anna Tommize: "W-we dunno dat! Avlanches're dangerous!"
[OOC] WC GM: The other party members are boarding into town behind Anna, Sam, and Anna's unwilling passenger?
Max Thorn: "… More dangerous than dragging someone behind you to bang into everything?"
[OOC] Anna Tommize: Is the sniper conscious?
[OOC] Esme: Not for long
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, though still waking up.
Anna Tommize: "M-Meeps, can you help get'em onto the board?"
[OOC] Sam Spade: I guess. I dunno how else Max and Anna could have a conversation.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I assume so?
Sniper: "Huh? Wha?" The sniper looks back at the nest - then up at the small flying horde.
Anna Tommize: "It's an Avalanche!"
Anna Tommize: "Ah couldn' leave ya t'die!"
Sniper: "My…my post…"
Anna Tommize: "O-oh! Ah'm Anna, by the by!"
Anna Tommize: "Wuzz yer name?"
Soon the flying horde sets rather large steel panels into place.
Anna Tommize: "Ferget tha post your life's important!"
Sniper: "My name? Uh…Nadim."
Anna Tommize: "Nice t'meetcha!"
From somewhere up slope sound a series of explosions.
The party comes to a halt far enough in to see the grand avalanche.
Sam Spade: "Man! I dunno who was stupid enough to put a bunch of towers in a major avalanche route."
Sam Spade: "I'm glad you got clear, though, Nadim."
Layers upon layers of snow roll down the slope, shattering into powder as they hit trees, each other, and eventually the shields, banking off into the ocean on either side.
One white helicopter streaks away, fleeing over the ocean.
Esme: "Looks like that was good enough for him, at least…"
Sam Spade: "Yeah."
Sam Spade pauses, looks at the sniper.
Sam Spade: "You are a him, right?"
Nadim: "Yeah? Oh…hey, aren't you Tim's crew?"
Anna Tommize: "Yeah!"
Anna Tommize: "You know him?"
"I was teaching them to snowboard man, there's sweet powder out here."
Max Thorn steps away, pinches the bridge of his nose.
Nadim extricates himself and stands up, once the tumble has come to a stop. "Know him? Of course I know him! He's the boss's clone!"
Anna Tommize: "Ooh. R-really?"
Nadim: "So…thanks for saving me from that, but if you're here…" He frowns. "There's something I really, really need to ask you."
Sam Spade: "Huh. What does that mean, anyway?"
Sam Spade: "Oh, yeah? What is it?"
Nadim: "Now…please answer honestly. Tim was told to not get into trouble."
Nadim: "His sandshrew shouldn't have been fighting."
Sam Spade frowns
Nadim: "So how in blazes did his salt get used?"
Sam Spade: "I mean, his sandshrew was doing some digging, but that was mostly to avoid scuffles like the kerfluffle with the…"
Sam Spade: "…Salt?"
Jack Layfield: "Does this have to do with the fact that we were obviously assigned to him to not get him into trouble as opposed to the other way round?"
Nadim: "Yeah. You know, snap and the pokemon gets back up, even from the brink of death?"
Nadim: "THAT salt. Don't tell me they aren't telling you Amodans about it."
Max Thorn: "They aren't."
…none of you had heard of this before.
Esme: "Nope, but it does explain that sound earlier. Sort of."
Anna Tommize: "Huh?"
Anna Tommize looks genuinely confused.
Esme pulls out a pad to take notes. "Go on."
Jack Layfield: "Like a revive?"
Sam Spade: "What is this miracle substance?"
Nadim facepalms. "…great."
Nadim: "Like a revive, yeah. Automatically kicks in when needed."
Nadim: "I know the ingredients aren't found down here, but Tim caused a stir when he asked for a replacement. He wouldn't say why. Not that he has to."
Jack Layfield: "I have no idea what he could have needed it for."
Sam Spade: "Oh. So the ingredients aren't found in Amoda?"
Sam Spade: "That explains why we haven't heard of it."
Jack Layfield: "He's vanished on us a few times, little dude is weird like that."
Sam Spade: "Yeah. He gets up…really, really early sometimes, and he's gone, and he says he'll meet us up ahead."
Nadim: "…really?"
Nadim: "He's pulling something. Ah, you'd do Team Jaeger a favor if you could find out what."
Sam Spade frowns and sidles in close to Nadim.
Sam Spade: "You know, that kind of thing could look, kinda bad. If we get caught, it could look like we're acting AGAINST Team Jaeger."
Sam Spade: "Which would be the kind of thing that might, you know…"
Sam Spade grimaces sharply, then draws a line across her own throat.
Sam Spade: "Do you think you could, you know…"
Sam Spade: "Spread the word that if it LOOKS like we're doing something that's not in Team Jaeger's interests, it's because we're trying to find out something for you guys?"
Sam Spade rolled up 4d6: 11 (11) (Guile)
[OOC] Sam Spade: DAMNIT CHESSA.
[OOC] Max Thorn: :D
[OOC] Max Thorn: at least it's not a 4!
[OOC] Sam Spade: This is true, but every roll I've gotten has been on the low end of average AT BEST.
[OOC] Esme: Das how she goes
[OOC] Sam Spade: I know, I know.
Nadim: "…I'll think about it."
[OOC] WC GM: Given OOC discussion, I suspect this is a good point for logend.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License