Session 63

Nayla has wandered inside the paper mill to oversee her new temporary partner's position, when a runner comes from town. Out of breath, he mumbles something that only Sam can make out, but whatever it is is enough to get Sam to return. The runner waves to the rest of the party, reassuring them that Sam will be enough for this task, then runs after her.
Linnea: "Ah, jeez…"
Max Thorn: "…Huh."
Max Thorn: "While we're out here, though…"
Max Thorn checks his 'dex for known nesting sites for mimikyu.
Linnea: "Oh yeah! I was hoping…maybe if I made friends with one of the ghosts, I'd be able to get used to them more…?"
Esme: "Ghost…friends?"
Linnea: "The pokemon, I mean."
Max's pokedex lights up. A quick look around correlates the dots to each and every tree nearby. Max does not immediately see any mimikyu in them, though.
Linnea does a similar search, except for Misdreavus. Maybe a fellow magician would make for better company?
Linnea gets the same results.
Linnea: "Hmm…"
Max Thorn: "I'd bet on disguises or dens."
Linnea: "You could just shake a tree, probably, but then you'd get swarmed…"
Linnea: "And that's bad enough with corporeal creatures."
Max Thorn: "I think the three of us could handle a small swarm…"
Linnea: "Well, that's true."
Linnea: "I was more thinking of the tree headbutting fad. Man, that was weird."
Esme: "That was actually a thing?"
Max Thorn: "Yup. Usually among hardheads, though."
Linnea: "I mean, the idea was to use a sturdy pokemon to do the work, but… people being what they are…"
Max Thorn: "Best I could do is send some flames up the trunk, via Amaterasu."
Linnea: "You could have Gervy punch or tail whip one, maybe?"
Linnea: "Likely less collateral damage than flames."
Max Thorn: "Could work. Esme, could we borrow Gervy for a minute, please?"
Esme scratches her chin. "Mmm…If we do actually shake up some trouble, Gervy doesn't deal well with ghosts. Better idea…Alexis!"
Linnea: "Huh, really?"
Esme tosses her Net Ball, and out comes… a much taller, and much bulkier Alexis. With claws for hands? …Oh, She's a Scizor now!
Esme: "Really!"
Linnea: "WHOA."
Max Thorn: "Oh, that /would/ work…"
Some of the workers are staring at the party, and murmuring among themselves.
Linnea: "I might need a bit of help… Mia's weak against ghosts, and Lulim probably rips them apart if I'm not careful.
Linnea: "That being said…"
Max Thorn: "If we could tackle them one-by-one…"
Linnea: "I could burn my weaker cleanse tags to let Lulim use her, ah, less savage strategies."
Esme: "Alright 'lexi, let's knock on wood! …Though not too hard."
Alexis obliges, giving the nearest tree a swift jab.
Linnea sends out Lulim with a burst of light - then immediately sets to work sticking a Cleanse tag to her claws. The absol gives her partner a quizzical stare, but doesn't seem to mind otherwise.
The workers gasp at Alexis's action.
Max Thorn checks his bag real quick… "Oh, crap. Could I borrow a Great Ball, Lin? I'll repay you when we're back in town."
Linnea tosses one over. "Gotcha covered!"
Max Thorn catches it. "Thanks!"
Esme: "I feel like I'm forgetting something…"
Nothing immediately falls out of the tree, though.
Max Thorn: "…the part where these trees came from ghosts, probably."
Linnea: "Um…"
Esme: "Oh yeah! That."
Linnea: "…………."
Linnea: "Well, now I feel like a major league bonehead."
Linnea: "I wonder…"
Linnea: "Could I use a tag to expel a ghost from one of these trees?"
Max Thorn looks around, then follows his 'dex to a tree tagged as 'mimikyu'. Is it tagged as any other pokemon?
Linnea: "I know I can burn them to dispel certain illusions, but…"
The tree is tagged as every type of ghost pokemon Max tries.
But only ghost type pokemon.
Linnea: "But if I burn it, that's a pretty wide range dispel…we'd be in deep shit if it actually worked."
Max Thorn: "Uhh…only if you're willing to spill a bunch of ghosts at once."
Linnea: "Y-yeah."
Max Thorn indicates his 'dex. "Even from a single tree."
Linnea turns to one of the workers. "Uh, forgive me if this is a blasphemous sort of question, but… is there a way to coax one or even a few ghosts out of here?"
The workers look among themselves and murmur more.
Nayla soon comes out. "Alright alright, I'll handle them. You lot get back to work!"
Nayla: "Heh. Finding ways to get just the pokemon you want? Brings me back."
Linnea: "Well…"
Linnea: "We're still at an impasse to rouse even a few, and not the whole forest."
Nayla: "Anyway…" She shakes her head. "By the time they're in trees, it's probably too late. Notice we turn the trees into more spell tags?"
Linnea: "Ooooooooh."
Nayla: "They're no longer-"
The lady who guided the party to the lumber mill comes out, eyes wide and tearing up, knocking Nayla to the side. "Trainers! You…you want ghost pokemon?"
Linnea: "Y-yes? What's happened?"
Lady: "PleasegetthemoutofmeIcan'ttakethesetwoanymore!"
Max Thorn blinks.
Esme: "Oh."
Max Thorn: "…you're possessed?"
Linnea: "Welp."
Lady: "I…I share my body to try to calm those who can't fit into trees…but these two…we're…we're fighting and it's tearing at me and, and…but I can't abandon my duty…but if you took the ghosts I wouldn't be abandoning…"
Max Thorn: "We'll handle it, then."
Linnea rummages through a side pouch and takes out her strongest cleanse tag available, and approaches this person. "Alright. Calm down as much as you can and hold still, okay?"
Max Thorn: "C'mon out, Amaterasu."
A red flash of light, followed by a happy bark of greeting.
The lady is trembling, obviously willing herself to stand still.
Linnea places the tag on the woman's back, and starts chanting indistinctly. The spirally writing on the tag starts to glow, and there is a strange pulling sensation felt by those more magically-sensitive. Linnea glares down at the tag, and declares: "Insolent spirits, this is not your home. By all the powers given and gifted to me, I hereby declare you banished from this person!" There's a brief flash of light, and-
[OOC] Linnea: Roll anything?
[OOC] WC GM: Nah. This is exactly the kind of use the tag is meant for.
A red glow washes over the lady, who seizes up. The glow concentrates into her eyes…
Each eye emits a beam, looking exactly like a pokemon emerging from a pokeball. The beams resolve into a misdreavus and a mimikyu.
Linnea: "Alright, get ready!"
Linnea motions at Nayla, to take hold of the now un-possessed lady and get her away from the ensuing fight.
Max Thorn sizes up the mimikyu. "All right. You wanted out, right? Or did you not want to share her with the misdreavus?"
[OOC] WC GM: Alexis, Lulim, and Amaterasu, right?
[OOC] Max Thorn: yup
[OOC] Linnea: roger dodger
Linnea: "We'll take care of it from here!"
[OOC] WC GM: Init order: Amaterasu, Lulim/Max, Mimikyu, Misdreavus, Alexis, Linnea, Esme
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1!
Max Thorn: "…Or you just wanna fight. Okay, then. Amaterasu, give it some gas!" * The faerie dog nods, then inhales…and exhales a cloud of sickly yellow gas toward the mimikyu.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d6+26: 17 (17) 31 (5) (Poison on evens, AC 7)
The mimikyu tries to flatten underneath the gas, but does not react in time. The result more looks as if the ghost was flattened by the gas.
[OOC] WC GM: Lulim & Max!
Linnea: "Alright, Lulim, give 'er one across the nose!"
However, the mimikyu seems almost just fine afterward, the gas sliding over it with a "ting" -like noise.
Lulim lunges forward, the cleanse tag igniting as she gives the misdreavus a slightly-lighter buffeting with her claws! [Slash - Cleanse Tag allows Normal/Fighting damage once]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 18 (18) (AC 2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: mimikyu should be taking normal damage from it, actually.
[OOC] WC GM: hit
[OOC] Linnea: well, already a crit XD
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, but that poison gas was vs. special defense, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Linnea: roll damage.
Linnea rolled up 4d6+32: 41 (2 3 2 2) (normal/phys)
[OOC] Max Thorn: Sure.
Linnea: "Damn, Lulim! I said across the nose, not up it!"
That is a more solid hit. The misdreavus is driven back in surprise!
[OOC] WC GM: Max's action?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Thinking. Forest or Mountain?
[OOC] WC GM: Here? Mountain, more like.
[OOC] WC GM: Forest if you got further away from the mill.
[OOC] WC GM: But the mill is offsetting the forest aspect, and the mountain aspect is all around.
Max Thorn flexes, then stomps down on the ground, hard. A large rock pops up and lands on the mimikyu for a brutal [Smack Down]!
Linnea: "It's still fine, though… this could be my chance!"
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d8+26: 15 (15) 30 (4) (AC 2)
[OOC] Max Thorn: why yes, Max is temporarily an Earth Bender :V
Sure enough, judging by the mimikyu's much longer recovery from that, what the mimikyu has in resistance to energetic, elemental attacks, the mimikyu lacks in resistance to raw physical attacks.
That said, Max's target tries to reverse the momentum, charging at Max slashing with claws emerging from its disguise in a blink and receding just as quickly.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 4 (4)
Linnea: "Yikes!"
Too quickly, in fact. Max is able to dodge barely out of the way.
The misdreavus, likewise, attacks Lulim, firing off a vibrant psybeam!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 8 (8)
[OOC] Esme: A whole 0 damage!
Lulim just gives the creature an "are you serious?" look. [Dark negates Psychic-type.]
The misdreavus blinks, then backs up. One might almost think it had never encountered dark pokemon before.
Linnea: "Ahahahahaha!"
[OOC] WC GM: Alexis, then Linnea, then Esme!
Alexis swifly darts forward, circling around Max to behind the Mimikyu, straight into a roundhouse [Metal Claw]!
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 17 (16) (AC 3)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
Esme rolled up 2d10+36: 46 (3 7) (Physical, Steel, Super Effective!)
Linnea: "Oh. Oh dear, are you sure-"
The mimikyu is SLAMMED into the same tree the party was knocking on earlier. It peels off, still there but wobbling shakily.
Esme winces. "That is a way harder knock than earlier… looks good though!"
Max Thorn: "Welp. I guess that one's ready, then."
Linnea considers… then claps her hands twice - bright pink ribbons spiral into being around the misdreavus, attempting to bind it into place! [Fae Binding/Energy Vortex]
Linnea rolled up 1d20: 8 (8) (AC 4)
[OOC] WC GM: hits
Linnea rolled up 1d8+39: 41 (2) (fairy/spec)
[OOC] Linnea: also vortex'd
Linnea: "H…huh…"
That misdreavus is not going anywhere for the moment.
[OOC] WC GM: Esme!
Linnea: "O-okay, we still got this…"
Esme eyes the Misdreavus. How's it looking, compared to the Mimikyu?
Linnea seems a little taken aback at her own level of power, for once.
The misdreavus is more on its feet (metaphorically speaking), though that is a very low bar to clear considering the mimikyu. That said, Esme judges the misdreavus is past the halfway point to being knocked out.
Esme nods approvingly to herself, and produces a small teal capsule, hurling it towards Alexis. "Now follow-through on the other!"
Linnea: "Aaaaa!"
Alexis snatches it out of the air with one of her claws, before placing it her mouth. Her wings flutter, invogorized by the supplement! [X Speed, +2 Speed CS]
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
[OOC] Esme: Effective Speed: 21
The vortex tears at the misdreavus, who struggles in apparent fear to get away but is knocked back inside it.
Linnea: "Shee-hoo… at least I know it works…"
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Init order: Alexis, Amaterasu, Lulim/Max, Mimikyu, Misdreavus, Linnea, Esme
Alexis goes in for a strike against the trapped Misdreavus, with a [Poison Jab]!
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 18 (17) (AC 2)
Esme rolled up 3d8+41: 57 (6 2 8) (Physical, Poison, Resisted)
[OOC] Esme: Misdreavus is Poisoned! -2 Special Attack CS.
One or two more hits like that, and the misdreavus looks like it will faint.
[OOC] WC GM: Amaterasu!
Max Thorn: "All right, Ammy, stand down." Max bounces the great ball in his hand, then chucks it at the mimikyu!
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 1d100: 12 (12) 14 (14)
The ball sails right through where the misdreavus was, capturing its target on the way.
The ball bounces off the tree, wobbles in flight, bounces off the paper mill, wobbles again, almost bounces off the lady but Nayla pulls her aside just in time, and a third wobble…
With a *click*, the ball ceases moving just as it returns to Max's hand.
Max Thorn lets out a sigh of relief, then taps the key on his 'dex to send Suijin off to storage.
WC GM rolled up 1d6: 3 (3)
The misdreavus flails around wildly, letting off a confuse ray in Esme's direction!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 20 (20)
[OOC] Max Thorn: oh man
[OOC] WC GM: No damage, though. Just Confused status.
[OOC] WC GM: Linnea's turn first, though. Assuming Lulim passed?
Linnea: "Bugger. Bugger bugger bugger. Damn! Okay, calm, just get this thing captured…!"
[OOC] Linnea: Yeah.
Linnea frantically hurls a Great Ball at the Misdreavus!
Linnea rolled up 1d20 1d100: 13 (13) 35 (35) (-10 modifier)
This pokeball is caught in the vortex. It flies and hurtles around inside, wobbling both from the pokemon struggling and from the energy now buffeting the pokeball instead of the pokemon…
…but manages to land in the eye of the storm, motionless with cargo secured, when the vortex finally breaks.
Linnea: "Yyyyyyyyyyyes!"
Linnea: "Ahahahahaha-haaaa!"
Linnea pumps her fist dramatically.
Esme claps her hands together. "Great job!"
Linnea tappety-taps away at the pokedex, sending Spica (the Feebas) back to the storage system for the time being - she doesn't have the right components for what she plans to do. Instead, she puts in the proper registration data, and… "Welcome to the madness, Foless!"
[OOC] WC GM: +16 pokemon XP each - Sam's as well
[OOC] WC GM: So you know Tim and that XP Share are still in town somewhere
[OOC] WC GM: These pokemon are level 32.
The lady shakily gets back to her feet, eyes on the ground, supported by Nayla.
Linnea: "You okay now?"
Lady: "Thank…thank you. I…this body, this soul, this *one* will need time to recover before resuming this one's duties."
Linnea: "No joke, right? Take it easy for as long as you can."
Esme: "Definitely take a break…"
The lady looks up, at the party. "Should any of you die before this one's time comes, this one would be glad to perform her duty with what remains of your souls, so as to grant you what continued life this one can."
Linnea: "Much appreciated."
Linnea gives a polite bow.
Max Thorn: "Thanks, and you're welcome." He glances at the clock on his 'dex…
The lady bows back. "Those who settled this land are proud of what has come, but plead that you may yet save us."
Linnea: "Of course! We're good at what we do."
Nayla smirks. "Just try not to disturb any more graves, you hear?"
Esme: "Just a small lapse of judgement, there!"
Nayla: "Leave that to us. If you haven't noticed, the people around here are masters of disturbing, heh!"
The lady shoots Nayla a dark look.
Nayla: "Geeze, sorry!"
Esme streeetches. "Seems like we've still got some time."
Linnea just grumbles something about needing appropriate supplies, and consults her dex for the location of the nearest pokemart.
The pokemart is near the bottom of the valley - well within the ghost sea. There is, however, another shop labeled "Werehouse" back in town, just past the sea's edge.
Linnea: "… Okay, this is both skeevy as hell and too funny."
Linnea points out the shop to the others.
Esme: "They've probably got some neat odds and ends! Gonna check it out."
Linnea: "Right? Let's give it a go."
Back up, over the lip…and there's the angry mental static, suffusing the air.
It fades a little bit when the party passes behind each building, the cleanse tags creating a shadow.
Max Thorn winces as the mental fuzz settles over him once more, then heads toward the store.
Linnea: "Rghr rghr."
Max Thorn: "…Oh. I think the mimikyu was just lonely."
Max Thorn: "Heck of a way to show that, though…"
Over where the pokedex indicated is an empty area - but a building labeled "WEREHOUSE" is visible a short distance away. Odd, pokedexes do not tend to have minor address errors like that.
Esme: "Hrm."
The corners of the all-wood building are unusually smooth, and seem to have branches with green buds…
Esme: "Either very recent addition, or some weird stuff."
Esme: "Probably both."
Linnea: "Given where we are? Yes on all counts."
…and then one of the corners opens its eyes and stares at the party. "Sudowoodo!"
Linnea: "Oh, hi."
Max Thorn: "Very 'yes'."
The other corners in sight likewise take a gander at the approaching party.
Max Thorn: "May we come in?"
It appears this store is roughly octagonal, each corner being a sudowoodo.
A man walks along the roof, hauling a net full of debris. "Oh hey, customers! Alright, everyone, take five while I deal with 'em. You lot, come on in the front door and I'll meetcha inside." He points off to the left, then heads back over the roof edge out of line of sight.
Max Thorn heads in the indicated direction.
The sudowoodos lower the building to the ground, getting the front doorway close enough to the ground to step into.
Esme: "Huh."
Linnea: "That's kind of cool."
Max Thorn: "Pretty neat, really."
Inside…this is a storefront, but an eclectc collection of wares are on display. Lots of salvaged lumber and building materials on one side, the other with showcases of mostly dented or banged-up items.
One case shows fishing bait. Linnea and Esme can almost smell an after-taste of ghost sea scent upon the items there.
Linnea: "Oh, gods."
Linnea: "I'm not touching -that-."
Linnea: "I'm just gonna look for other goods before I make myself sick."
The man from above - a short man sporting a scraggy but pure-white beard, dressed in a raincoat version of the priestly garb the town residents seem to favor - soon emerges from the back of the store. "Welcome, welcome to my Werehouse! Specialists in repurposed and reusable items. What can I getcha?"
Linnea: "Oh, uh."
Max Thorn: "…Uhhh."
Linnea: "Whatcha got for anti-ghost defenses, mostly?"
Esme: "Repurposed… hmm."
Linnea: "Need to keep up with barrier tech."
Max Thorn: "I'll take a Psychic TM and…five Ultra Balls. And one more Ultra Ball for her." He gestures to Lin.
Linnea: "Oh?! Oh, right, yeah."
The shopkeeper smiles. "Cleanse tags, huh? Actually that's the one thing I *don't* sell, 'cause the town makes so many of 'em and they have ta flow like water. Oh, wait, I should introduce meself. Ah…call me King."
Linnea: "No, no, like…"
Linnea: "Light Screen? Reflect? Got those?"
King: "Ultra balls, though, those I got." He rummages in a cabinet.
Esme: "I should /probably/ invest in some balls."
King: "Oh! TMs? Sure, just a moment." Pulling out six ultra balls and setting them on a counter, he skips over to another cabinet and opens it up - only for TM discs to spill out. With a sigh, he begins digging through the waist-high pile he is now in the middle of.
Linnea: "… I both loathe and love this place already."
Esme: "O-oh! If you have an Aerial Ace in there, that'd be great!"
Max Thorn: "Psychic, please."
Max Thorn pulls out the coin to pay for his goods and deposits it on the counter.
It takes a few minutes, but one by one King finds the requested TMs and puts them on a counter.
Linnea wanders up with a handful of other goods - a few moon balls, a dawn stone, and a wicked-looking claw. Along with this she places a small pile of coins.
King: "Say, you wouldn't happen t' be those trainers what everyone's been talking about?"
Max Thorn: "We are."
Linnea: "Hi! I'm Linnea."
Linnea smirks knowingly.
King: "Oho? Well then. As you probably know, shift 3's planning to walk you to the gym, thinking you'll do…somethin'. I'd like ta hear your plans, if ya don't mind."
Linnea: "Challenge the gym, for one."
Linnea: "As for other plans…"
Linnea glances to the other two.
Esme: "The other half of that is still up in the air, so to speak."
King: "Yeah, but how? That Gem Jules is a crafty one, and he wants to deal with our…problem."
Linnea: "Crafty enough to deal with the sea of death?"
King: "Proud enough to try. Not quite crafty enough to succeed, I bet. But he might use your challenge as a tool in his plans."
Esme: "Ah, monsieur King, given your…" she glances at the bait tank, "…unique selection, you wouldn't happen to have a certain type of highly corrosive fallout laying around, would you?"
[OOC] Esme: Black Sludge y/n?
[OOC] WC GM: Y
Linnea: "…I'd ask if you were serious but I've been with you long enough to know better."
King gestures to a few tanks. "I keep the worst stuff over there. If you know what you're looking for, feel free to browse."
King: "Let me guess: something for a poison pokemon?"
Esme: "Something like that!" She goes to take a look.
It takes some identifying, but one of the tanks has just enough of what Esme is looking for. Hung next to the tanks are some prayer-strip-clad diving suits.
Max Thorn turns away from…that, and hands Lin her new Ultra Ball before pocketing the rest of his stuff. He borrows the store's TM machine to give Antheia Psychic and Titania, his new mimikyu, Dazzling Gleam.
Even the TM machine is busted up. It fizzles and snaps in three just after finishing.
Esme: "Mmm…only one, but pretty good considering I didn't expect to find any this far out." She puts it together with the TM40, grabs an Ultra Ball that rolled onto the floor, and produces the requisite coinage.
Max Thorn: "…"
King sighs. "Welp. It had a long run. I'm surprised it lasted THIS long."
Max Thorn looks it over. /Is/ it repairable?
King: "I mean, I think the pokemon center's still got one. That was one of the first things I dredged up from the pokemart.
Esme: "So is this 'Werehouse' of yours new? We noticed it wasn't listed on the map."
The machine can in theory be repaired, but it will take a lot of parts. Fortunately, it is possible those parts might be in the salvage piles - but finding them will take a lot of digging.
King: "Oh, it's on the map, but they only update our location nightly 'cause we move around to the best fishing spots by day."
Max Thorn glances at the clock. Time enough to do that before we go to the gym?
King smiles. "That's why I call it the Werehouse: a house by night, a fishing platform by day. A store at any hour there's customers, though."
Esme: "Huh. Neat!"
It is just before 10 AM. Max is uncertain if the task would finish by noon.
Linnea: "Cool."
Max Thorn: "I'll take a stab at fixing this, but if I can't finish before we hit the gym, I'll finish when we're back out."
Max Thorn goes parts-diving!
King: "If you want. Much obliged."
King: "If he's gonna be hanging around, what about you two? If you want to join me fishing, wouldn't mind the company."
Linnea: "I think I already have what I wanna fish for for now, but I can stay and talk if we've got nothing better t'do."
King stuffs the unbought TMs back in the closet, perfunctorily trying to organize or at least secure them before closing the door.
King: "Alright. Follow me." He heads to the back, then climbs up a staircase to the roof.
Esme follows along, figuring it's worth seeing how this operation plays out.
Linnea wanders along as well.
The back of the store is even more of a salvage yard, if somewhat portable. Great piles of debris are heaped here and there. It soon becomes apparent that each pile corresponds to a different building.
Up on the roof, there is a platform on the side facing the ghost sea. It provides an excellent view of the workers trying to tame it, and the pagoda-like gym in the middle.
King breaks out a metal net, with what looks like red and orange shard dust lining it.
Linnea: "Interesting equipment."
King: "Thanks. A friend of mine…" He pauses, looking meaningfully at the sea. "…made it, to try to sort out the lumber and stone, and focus on what people care about."
Linnea: "Do you have to deal with the occasional critter clinging on to the debris you bring back?"
King ties the net to some rope, and mounts the rope on a pulley. "Nope. The ghosts stay in the sea. Anyone else - if they're in the sea, they're a ghost by now."
King then casts the net into the sea, keeping both hands on the rope. The net is somewhat visible as it drifts to the sea floor (not that deep toward the edge) and begins to pick up small items.
Max soon finds half of the parts he needs. It is impossible to be certain whether the remaining parts are present.
King: "Y'know, Gem Jules has a theory. If the cemeteries could be sealed off briefly - some good, solid cleanse tags should do the job, but we'd need a real expert to make 'em - then we could maybe somehow just get rid of the ghost sea, and then everything'd be back to how it used to be even after we unsealed the cemeteries."
Max Thorn stacks those parts over by the machine, then walks into the back of the place to see if there's anything back there that he can use.
King: "'Course, that'd require someone actually going IN there."
Esme: "Good cleanse tags, you say."
Linnea: "I can try."
[OOC] WC GM: Max: lest it need saying, you can get scrap here. What kind are you looking for, and to what end?
King: "Oh? You dabble in it?"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Still focused on the TM machine, but
Linnea: "Ha ha… I'm something of a whiz at magic, and a bit of the paranormal."
Linnea: "The realm of the fae is more my territory, but I can definitely pull my weight here."
Linnea: "Even if I am terrified."
[OOC] Max Thorn: I can't really do anything interesting with scrap right now anyhow.
Esme: "I'd let you borrow my Plate, if it made you feel any better."
Linnea: "Ghost plate? Hmm…"
Another hour of digging nets Max 90%…and more certainty that the other 10% are not here. They would need to either be found or remanufactured.
And then the brass gong begins to sound, signalling noon and shift change. The gonger seems to be making a circuit around town.
The new shift is not immediately deploying, instead gathering up near the Werehouse.
Max Thorn: "…Right, that's us needing to jet. Got almost everything, but the remainder needs either salvaging or remanufacture."
And then the background psychic hate static fractures.
Linnea: "Owwww ow ow ow ow…"
Moments later it reaches the party's ears: soft chanting. It almost sounds like, "Traaai-ners. Saaa-viors. Traaai-ners. Saaa-viors."
The workers on the ground congregate in glyph-like formations, prostrating themselves.
More workers on the sea queue up, and begin raking the sea in a path, from shore to the gym.
Linnea pales considerably, but continues watching.
A delibird comes by with three sets of soulshoes, dropping them at Linnea's and Esme's feet.
Max Thorn: "…Yuuuuup, that's our cue all right."
Linnea just changes into the new shoes wordlessly.
Max Thorn heads up on to the roof and puts his own pair on.
Esme looks over her pair, making sure that they don't interfere with her anklets. "Right size, alright."
King: "Heh. They say you never know when you're being worshiped. This must be the exception that proves the rule."
The shoes fit like sandals, safely underneath Esme's anklets.
[OOC] WC GM: Heading to the gym, then?
[OOC] Linnea: Indeed.
Worker-sweepers flank the party like an honor guard, brushing the sea as if defying it to interfere in their holy mission.
The sea grows more unsteady as the party approaches the gym, but the guards are able to keep it at bay…until the party is three steps from the gym, when a line of boiling ghost sea rises up in front of them.
On the third, topmost floor of the gym, a man who is undoubtedly a Gem sibling but dressed in loose white robes with red and black highlights throws open the shutters on a window and glares down at the party. "You! At last you have come, but you DARE challenge the gym NOW? In the middle of this crisis?!?"
The sea boils in a circle around the gym. "This…this ANGER! This INDIGNITY!"
Gem Jules turns his face to the heavens, smiling. "…ah ha ha, this is just what I needed!" The gym begins to sink.
Linnea: "…………."
As the gym lowers into the sea, a bubble forms around it. "Thank you for offending me," Gem Jules calls out just before the gym is completely sealed off.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License