Session 64

Once the temple-gym sinks beneath the waves, calm - of a sort - returns to the surface.
The prayers have trailed off into confused murmurs.
Esme: "Unexpected outcome…"
Sam Spade: "…Crap, we need to get down there now, don't we?"
Linnea: "Wonder if we'll ever really get used to it all?"
Sam Spade: "I have to admit, I'm starting to get a bit jaded."
Sam Spade: "Anyone have any ideas?"
Linnea: "I think it'll be marginally better for my sanity if I just roll with it."
Linnea: "As for this?"
Esme: "Obviously can't just dive in. I can't imagine there'd be only one way to get in the gym, though."
Linnea: "Clearly they should have made blessed diving suits."
Sam Spade blinks
Sam Spade: "Could you bless a diving suit? Linnea?"
Sam Spade: "Or would Esme be a better bet?"
Linnea: "I-"
Linnea: "…think so?"
Linnea: "Not sure if even my own cleanse tags could hold up to…that."
Esme: "I could make a diving suit! As far as it repelling ghosts, oui, that would be on Lin here."
Sam Spade: "That's…definitely a concern."
Linnea: "…heeeeeey."
Linnea: "Brainwave."
Sam Spade: "Yeah?"
Linnea: "Couldn't you also outfit it with a Ghost Brace?"
Linnea: "Or…"
Linnea: "Something really attuned to Normal? They're strangely ghost-proof."
Esme: "Hrmm…"
Max Thorn: "Up to a point. Some ghost-types can bypass that, though."
Linnea: "The problem with ghosts is that they tear each other apart really easily."
Linnea: "Why? Got me."
Sam Spade: "So a combination might help. Esme, it sounded like you had an idea?"
Esme shrugs her shoulders, and unclasps her Ghost Plate from her belt. She crouches and - carefully - pokes towards the sea with it. "Idea is a strong word."
Linnea: "I usually just go with fae whimsy."
The sea lunges up, trying to eat the Ghost Plate!
Sam Spade: "Esme!"
Esme pulls back!
Linnea: "Jeez, see what I mean?"
Max Thorn: "We'd need a vessel big enough for all four of us, though, since I doubt he'd be obliging enough to let us get away with coming in one by one."
Sam Spade: "Really? I kinda got the feeling he was using the anger, more than feeling it."
Esme: "Definitely seems like he's up to something." She 'shakes off' the plate, reaffixing it on her person.
Linnea: "Y'got anything that could blast a line through the sea? You know…"
Linnea makes a parting-of-the-seas motion.
Esme: "Just that…one move. Can't guarantee it'd get us all the way where we need to be before it collapsed though."
Linnea: "Crud."
Nearby, a large sudden bubble wells up, overshadowing a few workers. Undeterred, they whip their rakes into defensive positions then thrust, in an obviously coordinated attack, slicing off the top of the bubble, which dissapates once disconnected from the sea.
Linnea: "Huh."
Linnea: "Okay, even dumber brainwave."
Linnea: "Find a bubble and ride it down."
Sam Spade: "That…sounds….very dumb."
Sam Spade: "….Can we make it work?"
Esme flags some of those workers down. "Hey! What's up with the bubbles?"
Max Thorn: "…I wonder. Could we, perhaps, siphon off a portion of the sea, destroy it, and repeat? Kinda like, uh, that?"
Sam Spade: "That sounds like an idea."
Worker: "Hmm? Chosen one, the bubbles are concentrations of anger. The sea is not evenly distributed, and sometimes its centers of conflict reach the surface. That is what you saw just now. It does not mean to attack us, but then, the collective sea has no will, just rage."
Linnea: "So…if we drew the anger away from the gym…"
[OOC] WC GM: Is Max saying that where the worker can hear?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Yes.
Worker: "We have attempted that, chosen one. We still do, at times. But…"
Max Thorn: "…Obstacles?"
Worker: "If we sever too large a chunk, it sustains itself until it can reconnect. Smaller, and it just becomes individual ghosts. That one just now is probably two or three, who will find their way back into the sea before long."
Sam Spade: "Can you herd them towards the forests?"
Worker: "If the sea continues to grow, before long it will overflow and the top will seek the trees. Were that to happen in an uncontrolled manner…" He shakes his head. "They would simply flatten everything in their escape."
Sam Spade: "Well, but I mean…can you dump…bucketfuls?"
Worker: "Perhaps a controlled spill. But they would naturally be attracted to the Routes. We would have to select one of our neighbors to doom."
Sam Spade: "Ah…"
The worker smiles briefly. "More than bucketfuls arrive every day."
Worker: "Arrive…or spawn."
Sam Spade: "Right."
Sam Spade: "So it needs to be cut off at the source, if there is one."
Worker: "The little one you brought with you, the one with the sandshrew. I spoke with him. He seemed to have an idea he wished to implement. He also seemed the type to try…unwise things."
Max Thorn: "…Oh?"
Sam Spade: "You say unwise, I say crazy."
Sam Spade: "But I like crazy."
Worker: "As you say. It is not my station to judge such things."
Worker: "Has he not discussed his plan with you?"
Esme: "How unwise are we talking, here?"
Linnea: "Nope."
Worker: "Unwise enough to not seek the advice of his elders." The worker tugs his hat in the party's direction. "So, very unwise."
Sam Spade: "Well let's go see how we can help!"
Sam Spade grabs Esme's hand and pulls.
Worker: "Blessings upon you, chosen ones." He returns to work.
Max Thorn: "…Ohhhh no. No. Nonononono. He is /not/ planning to dig in to the gym from underneath."
Linnea: "Neat!"
Sam Spade: "That….actually sounds so simple it just might work!"
Esme: "Hmhm?"
Esme: "Oh! That could work. Like Lin's plan, but actually riding a bubble up, instead?"
Esme: "Or straight in, would be better."
[OOC] WC GM: So, trying to find Tim? He is not in line of sight - so at the least, you know he is not out on the sea.
Sam Spade: "Alright! Excuse me, ma'am? Have you seen a tiny Jaeger, about this big?"
Sam Spade waves her hand at Tim's height.
[OOC] WC GM: Who are you flagging down?
[OOC] Sam Spade: Whatever worker is closest, proceeding till I get close.
[OOC] WC GM: One nearer the shore, then.
Other Worker: "I have not. But…thank you, chosen one, for covering for Joy while she was unconscious. She gives all that she can of herself without regard for her own longevity. Thank you for giving her one more day's rest."
Sam Spade: "Just doing what we can. Alright, come on!"
One of the supervisors on shore waves to the party "Hooo! Did I hear you are looking for your companion?"
Sam Spade: "Yup!"
Sam Spade: "Heard he had an awesome idea."
The supervisor points along the shore. "I saw his sandshrew making a small cave over there, which he went into. I think he said something about investigating where the soil is weakest. Right over there is just dirt, no rock, going down to below the valley bottom."
Sam Spade: "Thank you!"
Sam Spade: "Hey, Linnea."
Sam Spade: "…How fast can you make a cleanse tag?"
Linnea: "Hrmrmrm."
Supervisor: "That's also where Route 27 to Sandbar Harbor begins. It sounded like he wanted to tunnel to Sandbar Harbor, but I believe I misheard him."
Linnea: "Couple minutes, probably? I need a bit of time to focus and make all the right markings."
Sam Spade: "Okay. Let's talk to Tim, see what's up."
It takes a short time to find the hole in the ground, but you have seen enough of Sands's work to identify it. It helps that Sands seems to be the only pokemon in town willing to dig.
However, light does not reach far into the tunnel. Just before it becomes pitch black, the party encounters what appears to be a trap door made out of (low quality, and thus likely obtained in town) cleanse tags.
The tunnel also branches off, one path going down through the trap door, another path going down to the side.
Sam Spade knocks on the trap door.
There is no answer.
The trap door shakes, though. It seems rather flimsy - at least against physical manipulation.
Sam Spade hesitates.
Sam Spade calls out. "Tim, you down here?"
Sam hears her voice echo down the tunnel.
Several seconds later, Sam's pokedex beeps with an incoming call.
Sam Spade tries to remember how to….oh, right!
Sam Spade answers the call.
Tim: "Hey, Sam! How is the ghost sea doing?"
Sam Spade: "The gym vanished on us. What's this about you digging a tunnel to Sandbar Harbor?"
Tim: "Vanished?!? How? And…err…Iii'm not digging a tunnel *all the way* to Sandbar Harbor, why?"
Sam Spade: "It sank."
Sam Spade: "What's under this trap door you got?"
Tim: "Which trap…oh. Ohhh, you're right at the top of the first trap, aren't you?"
Sam Spade: "Yeah. Didn't want to go in until you told us."
Tim: "Yeeeah, I'm just putting the sixth one together now, then one more and that should be good enough so we'll straight from there."
Sam Spade: "…Alright. We'll be down there in a second, if that's okay?"
Tim: "So. Aheh. Welcome to Plan Ghost Toilet Backup."
Tim: "I named it myself."
Sam Spade: "…Ah."
Sam Spade hesitates for a second.
Sam Spade: "Tim, what will happen if the lake goes through your tunnel towards Sandbar Harbor?"
Esme: "Six? He's been busy."
Tim: "Then they'll flow out to Sandbar Harbor. They say they'll be fine."
Tim: "Oh, hey Esme! Is everyone else there too?"
Sam Spade: "They being Sandbar, or the ghosts?"
Sam Spade: "And yeah, everyone's here."
Linnea: "This is remarkably absurd."
Tim: "Sandbar. I called ahead, they sounded kiiinda busy but it sounded like they acknowledged what I told them?"
Sam Spade: "….Great."
Sam Spade: "Yeah. So- actually I want to ask this in person. See you in a few minutes!"
Sam Spade puts the pokedex back in her pocket and opens the first trap door.
Tim: "So! You know how toilets have a trap to prevent the bad stuff from coming back up the system? I'm layering seven of them on top of each other, with cleanse tag bypasses so Sands and I can come back up in a hurry."
Tim: "You can use them to come down quickly, but please be careful? They're kinda delicate. To people and non-ghosts; ghosts shouldn't be able to touch them."
Sam Spade: "Alright!"
Indeed, it takes careful handling not to tear the trap door, but Sam manages. Behind it the tunnel branches again, but quick investigation shows one of the branches just loops around to above the trap door, leaving the other one as the way forward.
Esme: "…Real busy!"
However, once past the trap door there is no light - especially once said trap door is shut.
This is, at least, far cleaner and less smelly than the last sewage system the party traversed.
[OOC] WC GM: What light source does the party use?
[OOC] Linnea: At least one of us has a fire-capable 'mon.
[OOC] Linnea: Though hmm.
Sam Spade: "Hey, Max, can one of your little friends add a little glow?"
Max Thorn: "Uhhh…if you want fire, maybe?"
Esme only has the light source of her pokedex. Which works, honestly. "I could technically make a rainbow? …for a few seconds, anyway."
Esme's pokedex does indeed provide enough light to see by, if she has the screen on and pointed forward. It is a limited light source, but in this tunnel there are very few directions to choose from.
Sam Spade: "Fire Chicklet can do. Or Malta."
Sam Spade brings out Noiseless, who really doesn't make things any brighter, but doesn't mind, either.
Max Thorn: "Right, but…I don't really have any other light sources. Sorry."
And so the party proceeds - to the second trap door, then the third…by the time the party reaches the sixth (apparently finished during the party's travel) they can hear digging from up ahead. Not far beyond the sixth, Tim is weaving together one final trap door, and Sands' quills can be seen moving into the dirt ahead.
Tim looks up - literally - as the party approaches from above. "Took you long enough! We're almost ready to burrow in. So, uh, you didn't come all the way down here just to see me, did you?"
Sam Spade: "Well, like I said, the gym sank on us before we could get to it."
Sam Spade: "….Not on us, but under the lake of death up there."
Sam Spade: "And we heard you were planning to dig under it."
Sam Spade: "Sands, do you think you could come up under the gym?"
Tim: "Oh. …oh! Do you know where it landed?"
Sam Spade looks at Esme, then Max.
Esme: "Uhh. Could probably figure it out, based on where we are relatively. Lessee…"
Tim: "Liiike…was it going STRAIGHT down, or do you know if it was going for some destination?"
Max Thorn: "…Pretty sure it just went down the middle, but I'll admit I didn't have a big enough death-proof stick to poke in to see for sure."
Esme: "More or less in the center of the sea."
Esme perks.
Tim: "Center? Alright…"
Esme: "Wait no, wouldn't he be moving down to the cemeteries? That weird guy said something about it."
Max Thorn checks his map…
Max's pokedex lights up with a map of the cemeteries. The main ones - at least, focal points that look like they might be specific places Gem Jules would want to reach with cleanse tags - are clustered in one area, almost within the radius of the gym's bubble.
Tim: "There?" Tim peers.
Max Thorn: "More or less, yeah."
Tim: "Hey, Sands! Twenty…one, point five!" Sands twists a bit as he digs out of sight.
Tim smiles as he puts the final trap door in place. "Good thing I know my way around tunnels. Umm…but, how is the gym leader surviving?"
Tim: "I mean, inside the sea and all."
Linnea: "Bullshit and sorcery."
Sam Spade: "Cleanse tags around the gym, I'd assume."
Sam Spade: "Or possibly anger."
Sam Spade: "I heard something about that."
Tim: "Well, more to the point, YOU want to get to the gym, right? Are you planning to just, I don't know, walk through the sea or something?"
Esme: "He did seem… happy that we made him angry?"
Esme: "Good question!"
Linnea: "We had a couple of ideas."
Linnea: "But the nature and vastness of the sea are giving us issue."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, we considered ghost plates, normal plates if those exist, cleanse-tag diving suits…"
Sam Spade: "…but if the gym is now on the floor, then it's quite possible that if Sands digs up from underneath, we'll emerge safe and sound into the gym."
Esme: "Normal Plates are a thing!"
Esme: "…I just used mine up this morning, is all."
Sam Spade: "Ah."
Linnea: "You-"
Linnea: "What?"
Linnea: "What do you even -consume- plates for?"
Linnea: "Did you incorporate it into some other device, or…?"
Esme points to her bracers, with which she did that little ritual earlier. Though she thinks only Sam was there for that.
Esme: "I /should/ be able to kick a ghost right now. Like right in the…not-chin."
Sam Spade: "Could be extremely handy."
[OOC] WC GM: Esme does not actually eat plates for sustenance.
Sam Spade: "…Or…footsy?"
Linnea: "Neat."
Esme: "Scrappy!"
Daylight suddenly emerges from down the tunnel.
Esme: "But ah…if we come up in an unsafe spot, Lin's tags are leagues better than the towns'. We'd probably be safe for…at least a minute maybe?"
Linnea: "I got a handful and I can always make more."
Tim: "That's one side. Sands'll be ready for the inside in just a bit."
Linnea: "Just give me a few minutes of focus."
Esme: "And…" Esme slips a violet shard into one of her wristlets. "…We can try blasting our way to give us some running room."
Esme: "In a worst case scenario, of course!"
Tim: "If you want. I had planned for Sands to be down there and I'm up here, then we scramble like mad for the surface to outrun the tide - but if you'd rather, and you think there won't be anything where we break through…"
Tim looks at the party, as serious as he has ever been. "Just, promise me. We're all up here, or up in the next trap, when breakthrough happens, and if there ARE tides no question we just run for the surface. Alright?"
Linnea: "Of course."
Sam Spade: "I'd rather not die, so okay."
Tim: "Alright. Esme, if you want to do the breakthrough, tell us IMMEDIATELY if it's tides or safe, okay?"
Sam Spade: "I think she was planning to blast us out if necessary, not in."
Esme: "Mmm."
Tim: "Mmm?" Tim's usual laid-back manner is absent. Concern and worry is plain on his face.
Esme: "Mmm? Of course not -in-. There's no way to know how far we'd need to go!"
Sam Spade: "So, we're safe here?"
Tim: "…ish." He takes in a slightly ragged breath, and a tear wells up at the corner of his left eye. "I…I don't mind you all here with me, but…this was okay when it was only Sands and me in the way. I-it'll be fine, though…"
Sam Spade hugs Tim for a moment, then kneels to get closer to head height.
Sam Spade: "It was okay because there were fewer people to protect?"
Sam Spade: "Or it was okay because if you screwed up you'd be the only one to die?"
Tim: "Yeah. That. We should get going up to the next trap; it's almost time." Tim crawls out of Sam's hug and up to the next trap door.
Sands soon calls out from underneath, muffled by the tunnels.
Tim: "They're here! I'll say when they're ready!" He looks at the party, lowering his voice. "Are you ready?"
Sam Spade: "We're ready."
Tim: "Sands, do it!"
Linnea: "Let's go, yeah?"
Sands: "SAND!"
…and then, a few seconds of silence.
Esme braces…
Sands: "Shrew."
Tim: "What? Really?"
Sands: "Shrew!"
Tim: "Ha ha! You were right! It's safe!"
Sam Spade collapses against the wall of the tunnel.
Sam Spade: "Okay, right. Gym challenge time?"
Tim: "C'mon, let's go see!" Grinning, Tim crawls around the party and heads down.
Max Thorn follows along…
Linnea: "…thank everything. Eesh…"
Linnea plods along.
Sunlight filters in from the outside opening, presumably leading toward Sandbar Harbor. The inside is lit by the sea's purple glow - casting the valley floor, when the party emerges, in near-monochrome purple.
The gym is obvious and prominent. Above and all around, the sea shines at the edge of the bubble, not to eye-searing levels but enough to block visibility to the surface above.
Sam Spade: "Okay, Noiseless, let's go talk to Gem Jules."
Graveyards are all around - the gym landed exactly in between them - and somewhat visible into the sea on all sides. The barest hints of buildings beyond can be made out, if one squints.
A motion on top of the gym catches the party's attention. Gem Jules is there, with a wonder launcher, taking careful aim. He fires, and a cleanse tag arcs across the bubble and into the sea - curving, landing on the ground. Gem Jules frowns for a moment - causing the bubble to ripple - then takes in a centering breath, reloads his launcher, and takes aim again.
Esme: "They still MAKE those?"
Gem Jules: "This was my grandfather's." He does not take his eyes off his aim. "I see you down there. Impressive, coming all this way. But do you really intend to battle me down here?"
Sam Spade: "That seems kinda risky, though if you want, we can."
Sam Spade: "How about we help with all…*that* first?"
Linnea: "What exactly have you gotten yourself into?"
Gem Jules: "Sealing the cemeteries." He fires again, and this time the tag latches on to one of the main graves, which had been glowing brighter. The glow shuts off. Gem Jules allows himself a brief smile - causing the bubble to contract briefly - before reloading and taking aim at another cemetery.
Linnea: "… right. Well, at least you got yourself in a good position to do so."
Gem Jules: "Then we just have to deal with the sea. Thanks to you, all I have to do is stop willing the ghosts away. The sea will wash over all of us, killing us, but the town will be safe, and my duty complete."
Sam Spade: "That…doesn't sound like something Gem Jane would be happy with."
Sam Spade: "Or Gem John."
Sam Spade: "Or Nurse Joy."
Sam Spade: "Or-"
Esme: "Or Gem Jean!"
Max Thorn: "Nor does it sound like an /actual/ solution."
Linnea: "…"
Linnea: "Nevermind, you're ridiculous."
Sam Spade: "So dealing with the sea - how can that be done? Would moving it away from here be sufficient?"
Gem Jules: "So long as it can be dealt with. Where's that tunnel lead?"
Sam Spade: "In the direction of Sandbar Harbor."
Sam Spade: "It's not that far, mind you."
That gets Gem Jules' attention. He lowers his launcher and looks at the party, expression and voice saying in unison, "Are you SERIOUS?!?"
The bubble rumbles.
Sam Spade: "Focus please."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Wait. Did it seem to be rumbling *bigger* or *smaller*?
Max Thorn: "One might say, dead serious. If one weren't in a cemetery, anyway."
[OOC] WC GM: Is Sam paying attention to the bubble to measure this? If so, Perception check.
Sam Spade rolled up 4d6: 6 (1 1 2 2) (Perception)
[OOC] Sam Spade: SCREW YOU CHESSA
[OOC] Sam Spade: I LIKE TATER BETTER ANYWAY
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone else doing the same?
Max Thorn rolled up 3d6: 10 (2 4 4) (Perception)
Linnea rolled up 2d6: 6 (4 2)
Esme rolled up 2d6+1: 7 (5 1) (See a Thing)
It is hard for Sam, Linnea, and Esme to tell.
Max Thorn: "(…Is it just me, or did the bubble just grow for a second there…?)" Max comments, quietly enough that only the party can hear.
Esme rubs her chin. "Huh… actually, that would make sense! Looks like being angry is making it big enough that he can hit the graves."
Esme: "Explains why he'd thank us for challenging him while a crisis is going on."
Linnea: "…Ohhhhhh, I think I'm starting to get it."
Linnea: "Do you think with enough anger, we could get to the graves ourselves without being dunked?"
Gem Jules returns to focusing on another cemetery. This time he hits the glowing grave on the first shot.
Sam Spade: "I suppose. Does it have to be ours, or can it be his?"
Max Thorn: "It sure beats despair."
Sam Spade: "Because I think I can make him more mad."
Linnea: "Oh, this is going to be fantastic."
Sam Spade steps carefully towards the edge of the bubble.
Sam Spade dwells momentarily, on the futility of it - the rotoms, killing and stripping Dojji to increase their numbers. The ghosts blocking the PC network, telling the rest of the pokemon that everything was dead and nobody needed to leave the central servers. The immense kind of *pain*. And she lets that sadness well up. Then she eyes the bubble.
Linnea: "…Oh. Oh dear…"
Sadness does not seem to resonate with the bubble.
Sam Spade shrugs and walks back.
Sam Spade: "So, should I do it?"
Max Thorn: "I think we'd be better off tagging the graves."
[OOC] WC GM: Is Sam anywhere close to the edge, still?
[OOC] Sam Spade: Nope.
Sam Spade: "But we can't reach them."
Sam Spade: "Not unless the bubble expands."
[OOC] WC GM: Sam: Occult check.
Sam Spade rolled up 2d6: 11 (6 5) (Occult?)
Max Thorn: "If we can make the bubble grow…probably by challenging him…he can probably manage the tagging himself, but…"
[OOC] Sam Spade: QUIT BEING WEIRD, CHESSA
Max Thorn: "…I dunno, it'd feel too much like jogging someone's elbow while they're throwing live handgrenades."
Sam Spade: "Well, we can try being angry ourselves."
Sam Spade: "Sadness doesn't work. Fear might but I don't want to risk it - it might actually strengthen the sea. And I don't know if I can be that angry."
Max Thorn: "…Would it help to think about Iggy?"
Sam Spade: "…Maybe before we found out about her relationship with Ho-oh."
Linnea: "…The who the what now?"
Max Thorn: "Or Professor Petri?"
Sam Spade: "Ignacia fell in love with Ho-oh, and also used Ho-oh to keep Gaela from sinking beneath the waves."
Linnea: "…I don't think I could even get properly angry with all this. Just exhausted."
Sam Spade: "……And Lugia didn't like Ho-oh being taken away, and bound Ignacia away, and so Ignacia is a raging fire of anger directed purely at Lugia and doesn't even know why."
Sam Spade: "So again, sadness."
Max Thorn: "…in all honesty, I think Petri makes me angrier, for what she did to her daughter."
Sam Spade: "…Petri…I will grant you."
Esme: "Oh, I've got plenty to be angry about!"
Esme looks as chipper as always.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone heading toward the bubble's edge to test this?
Linnea: "…I don't like getting angry. It feeds into itself and tends to cause terrible things."
Linnea: "Maybe it's just a struggle and a coping mechanism. Just…" She sighs. "Kinda been through a lot."
Max Thorn: "Try for passion, then. Anger put to work."
Linnea: "Passion…mm. You're right, yeah."
Sam Spade smiles at Max.
Sam Spade: "Huh."
Esme saunters over towards the edge of the bubble. "There's the whole Ignacia thing…and the Petri problem…" She cracks her knuckles. "The Sandbar Harbor psychics, /whatever/ seems to be going on back home…"
Max Thorn points at Gem Jules. "He's an example of that, in all honesty. Even if he thinks laying down and dying afterward is acceptable to anyone."
Linnea: "Yeah, fuck that."
Sam Spade: "….Wait. Linnea, can I have a cleanse tag?"
At Esme's approach, the bubble's edge recedes - at first a bit, then quickly.
Linnea: "Mm? Sure." She hands it over to Sam with a bit of a trying grin.
[OOC] Linnea: It's a 27 strength one.
Gem Jules spins around and fires another cleanse tag past Esme, almost clipping her head, nailing a now-revealed glowing grave. "You dare. You DARE?!?"
Esme continues stomping along. "Of course I dare! I am /very/ tired of ghosts getting in my way!"
Sam Spade walks towards another glowing grave, pulling out her pokedex, flipping the back open, and looking at her badge carrier. We've come so far, and we're so close!
The bubble retreats from Sam as well, clearing her path to the grave.
Esme: "I'm wearing sandals of all things! Made of /paper/!"
Gem Jules tracks Esme as she marches along, reloading and firing at each glowing grave Esme uncovers.
Linnea watches with interest.
Gem Jules: "How absurd. I, a master of the rituals and focus, outdone by mere children."
Gem Jules: "And yet. And yet." Another shot, another grave sealed. "This is the destiny fate hands me."
Max Thorn: "If it makes you feel any better, we've talked to Arceus and Shaymin and Lugia and Meloetta…though that's mostly been just Lin, really…and Missingno. And there's still more to meet."
Gem Jules: "Ha ha ha, of course you have! Of COURSE those are the ones fate would send to make my efforts useless!" Another shot, another grave sealed. "USELESS!"
Esme: "That's what you get for trying to do it by yourself in the first place!"
Gem Jules: "And fate no doubt intends for you to become Amoda's next Champions. So…very well. I concede my part in this, as a gym leader. You shall have your battle!"
[OOC] WC GM: Sam's sealing that grave she has her eye on, right?
Max Thorn: "…oh, right, and we helped Diancie, too."
[OOC] Sam Spade: Yup
Sam Spade takes a little more pride in Diancie.
Sam's target turns out to be the last. Gem Jules lowers his launcher. "It is done. And now, we fight." He spreads his arms to point at the bubble. "You've met my team!"
Sam Spade: "Oh, dear."
[OOC] WC GM: +1 trainer level for sealing the graves. The ghost sea will be dealt with after the battle, one way or another, so the town's problem is basically solved at this point.
Gem Jules gets out a boomerang lined with prayer strips. "I dared not doom my original team, but down here, I shall not have to! Choose your pokemon, trainers!"
Max Thorn: "Well, then. In that case, come on out, Antheia!"
Esme realizes she can stop ranting, and catches her breath. "Whoo… actually quite refreshing."
Sam Spade: "Okay, Noiseless, you take a break. Chicklet!"
With a mighty fling, Gem Jules sends his boomerang into the bubble. It carves out a large chunk, which shimmers from purple to red as it floats away from the surface.
Linnea: "Ah, this is more like it…! Come forth, Lulim!"
Esme: "Alexis, you're up for this one!"
The red ex-sea chunk resolves into…that…is the biggest gengar any of the party has yet seen, roughly the size of a one-story house.
Sam Spade: "You….are very large."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License