Session 73

The party feels Port of the Snow long before the peaks of the low white hills behind the town poke over the horizon.
It is not cold enough that the sea freezes - according to the map, that is on the far side of town - but by the time the harbor is in sight, it sure feels like it.
Tim and Sands are cuddled together for warmth, still shivering despite the blanket Skel has draped over them.
Meloetta-skitty is…still napping in the sunlight, though sunset has just begun.
Max Thorn closes up the last panel on the pokemon center machinery. "Whew. That ought to hold for now. Going to need a fair amount of scrap to make it stick, though."
Skel: "If you're looking for scrap metal, I know a dealer."
Linnea: "That'd be fantastic."
Sam Spade: "What else is there to do in Port of the Snow, Skel?"
Skel smirks. "Freeze to death."
Linnea: "Pick up blue shards, probably."
Sam Spade: "…Let me state for the record that I am not a fan of dying."
Chicklet: "I'm warm!"
Chicklet climbs on Sam's back.
Sam Spade: "…Thank you, Chicklet."
Skel: "Heh! It's the local joke. Actually, currents flow by here so there's a lot of flotsam and fishing." She looks around. "I'm surprised there aren't still any boats out. Guess the fleet went home early today."
Sam Spade: "…Now I'm concerned. I wonder why they would have gone home early?"
Max Thorn: "I'll take that under advisement. Mostly it's the *electronics* I'm worried about. The existing active cooling measures weren't keeping up-hence the glowing-so what I need to do is rig up some liquid cooling."
Sam Spade grabs one of the ropes hanging from the side of the Wailord and slides down the side, dipping a hand into the ocean, trying to feel any vibes? Not that she has any gift that would let her do it.
Sam feels cold enough water to feel like it is burning.
Sam Spade: "Okay, that's really cold. Really, really cold."
As the wailord pulls near the coast, Skel looks at the mostly empty piers. "…huh. Guess the fleet isn't back yet." She looks west, where the sun is halfway down. "They shouldn't be out after dark."
Linnea: "Probably best not to touch the waters here."
Sam Spade climbs back up the rope.
Max Thorn: "Something happened to it, I would assume."
Sam Spade: "Yeah, I just…dang, I don't know if it's supposed to be that cold, or if water gets that cold, or if the whole Lugia-Ho-oh thing is messing with the water, what that would do to the fleet…"
Sam Spade: "Malta!"
Malta shrieks, then dives down to the back of the wailord.
Sam Spade: "Hey, Malta. Did you see a fishing fleet anywhere around here?"
Malta chirps, and hops into the air, circling around to the left. Then she lands and shivers dramatically.
Sam Spade: "…That'd be…west, right?"
Linnea: "…I wonder…!"
The wailord pulls up to the harbor, just to the west of the piers. A lone abomasnow with what looks like a naval captain's hat stands on the cleared cobblestone road that lines the beach.
Skel lights up and leaps into the arms of the abomasnow, who catches her in a hug.
Skel: "Snu! Hehehe! I'm baaa-ack~!"
Linnea: "Whoa. Cap'n Huge."
Sam Spade smiles and looks on.
Snu: "The promise of your return warmed my heart."
Indeed, Snu is easily twice the height of Skel.
Sam Spade pulls out a notepad and scribbles that one down.
Max Thorn opens his mouth as if to make some comment, then…reconsiders. Twice. "Evenin', Cap'n."
Esme waves!
Snu looks up at the party, not letting Skel go. "Evening, travelers. By chance, you pass our fishing fleet?"
Linnea: "That would be a nope."
Linnea: "I'm guessing you're looking for them?"
Max Thorn: "All we saw was the broad blue yonder, and nothing 'pon it."
Snu: "I start soon, if they not return. They not made for…evening waters."
Linnea: "And the broad blue under."
Snu: "But then, few things are."
Linnea: "What happens during the evening?"
Sam Spade: "My friend Malta indicated they were to the west. Or there was a fleet to the west, at least."
Malta chirps in confirmation.
Snu's eyes grow slightly wider. "West? What would they be doing out…"
Snu: "…were barbarians there?"
Linnea: "…What's out west?!"
Linnea: "Barbarians?"
Linnea: "You mean, people like us, or…?"
Snu frowns. "Trouble." Snow flakes off his… "thick moustache" would be the closest equivalent on a human face.
Snu shakes his head. "Like us, without civilization. Without *knowledge*."
Linnea: "Huh."
Sam Spade: "What they'd call 'wild' in Amoda, I think."
Linnea: "So is there something special about this place that grants…'knowledge' to its inhabitants?"
Sam Spade: "Teachers, I think."
Linnea: "Hm…"
Snu nods at Sam. "We carve out living here. Passion, spirit - and hard work, smart work."
Esme: "Hmm."
Max Thorn: "Mm."
Snu: "Not everyone agree." He gestures, with his arm not carrying Skel, outside of town. "They live as they have lived for many thousand years."
Sam Spade: "And I think a bit of it's culture, too. There are tons of pokemon totally integrated into Amodan society, but few of them speak because either they don't learn, or they don't think they can learn, or…whatever."
Snu: "We live and let live. They…not always."
Sam Spade sighs and shakes her head.
Max Thorn: "Or they prefer not to, trusting to us humans to provide."
Skel gently pokes Snu on the nose. "Now, now. Tell them the FULL truth."
Snu sighs. "Ya…sometimes fleet pokes where they should not, too."
Linnea: "Oh, that sounds fun. And dangerous."
Sam Spade: "…And in a situation like the one Gaela is in, I imagine it would take some desperation…but there's desperation to go around, huh."
Malta flutters in to the ground, and looks at Snu. "Fletch, fletch? Fletch."
Max Thorn: "I'm sure we could sort this out…"
Snu looks at Malta. "Oh. Oh dear."
Max Thorn: "Hmm?"
Chicklet: "…They ride icebergs, then?"
Snu: "Your friend saw our boats. It is as feared." Snu looks at Skel and sets her down. "Fetch the posse, ya? I will take friends as lead responders." Snu looks at the party. "If you do not mind assisting."
Linnea: "We're all about trouble, and solving it."
Sam Spade: "We'd be glad to help."
Linnea puts fist into palm.
Esme: "Of course!"
Max Thorn: "I'm beginning to think we need a name."
Max Thorn: "And business cards."
Sam Spade: "It would be handy, while we're…in Gaela…"
Snu looks at Tim and Sands. "But not those two, I think. Averse reaction - ah. They from Port of Sand, ya?"
Max Thorn: "Dojji, yes."
Sam Spade: "So no, but something like."
Tim looks defiantly at Snu - but only for a moment, before sneezing. He unclips a palm-sized black box and tosses it to Sam. "Here. Just in case. Bring it back to me!"
Sam Spade: "Uh. This is-okay, I will!"
Sam Spade slides the box into her pocket, clipping it to the side. "Be safe, Tim! Sands, you take care of him!"
Sands nods, draping an arm over Tim Meloetta puts one paw each on Tim's and Sands's shoulders. "I will warm their souls, oh la~." Looking at Linnea, she adds, "Dance through the blizzard, my champion, and bring back the tale!"
Linnea: "Hehehe… that's right!"
Linnea: "It's gonna take more than that just ice to make me slip up my steps!"
Snu eyes Skel, who nods, then holds a hand out for her to stand on, and finally pitches her into town.
Snu: "Come." He turns around and heads to a shed just across the street. "We need ride. Foot not nearly fast enough."
Linnea: "Uh…did-"
Linnea: "Yep."
Max Thorn follows along.
Linnea doesn't ask further questions.
Snu: "Faster that way. Skel strong in spirit! Stalwart, reliable! Is why we get along so well. But body is smol. Tiny legs. Fly faster than run. Besides, she like it."
Snu: "Never not see her smile after landing, anyway." He pokes a keypad next to the shed's door, which pops open what looks like a flute. Snu groans, then breathes into it. As the flute retracts, he mutters, "Borrow ride while drunk just one time…"
The door pops open to reveal hoverscooters: platforms which levitate, with handlebars and a windscreen in front. Snu digs out a quartet of human-sized ones and shoves them the party's way before bringing out a large one for himself.
Sam Spade takes one. This is gonna be like those bikes in Dojji, isn't it.
Sam Spade: "Okay. I can do this. It's not that terrifying."
Snu: "You say friend from Dojji? They have fancier rides there, ya? Here we strip down to basics, because have to."
Sam Spade: "They…stripped down to the basics there, too. Because everything else got blown up by evil ghost tanks."
Max Thorn mounts up. "Naturally. I just hope I don't screw this one up…"
Snu: "…there story there. Maybe tell later, ya?" He stomps onto his hoverscooter. "Over dinner. I pay, if you help. For now, we ride!"
Sam Spade: "…Right! Um. Linnea, Esme, do you need a ride?"
The controls look to be extremely simple - and simple to physically grasp, obviously designed for pokemon with less dextrous manipulators than hands.
Esme: "We're doing buggies again, huh."
Max Thorn: "Do these have some AI assistance…?"
Snu: "No." He points to the handlebars. "Pull left or right to turn." To a trigger on the right handlebar. "Squeeze to accelerate." To a trigger on the left handlebar. "Squeeze to brake fast. Let go to coast."
Linnea: "Yeah, that'd be great."
Snu: "Turn on automatically when you step on. Stay on, because turn off automatically when you step off."
Max Thorn: "Lovely."
Snu: "There other modes too, but you have hands. This mode simplest for humans."
Snu steps onto his hoverscooter. "And for me. Come!"
Esme cracks her knuckles and mounts up one of the scooters. "Let's see what I'm working with here…"
Sam Spade: "Alright!"
Esme's scooter rises up to about knee-height one second after she steps on.
The other scooters prove similarly responsive, though Snu's took a bit longer.
Linnea steps on the device. This isn't going to be so bad…
Snu demonstrates squeezing his scooter's right handle, propelling his scooter forward a bit. "Ready?"
Max Thorn: "Lead on."
Snu: "YA!" He squeezes further and his scooter shoots forward. He leans into the acceleration, obviously quite familiar with this vehicle.
[OOC] WC GM: Everyone is following?
Esme revs her scooter, zooming along after Snu.
[OOC] Linnea: followin'~
Max Thorn revs up, zooming after.
Linnea presses forward and darts onward!
Sam Spade is following the rest!
Fortunately it is not snowing right now, and the scooters ride high enough not to kick up a trail. There is even a weak space heater just behind the foot of the windshield, chasing away the surrounding chill a little bit.
Snu leads the group along the coast, being careful not to drive directly toward the setting sun more than necessary. The sun's rays glare blinding white off the snow; fortunately, the windscreen automatically darkens to maintain visibility, so long as one is careful to keep one's eyes looking through the windscreen and not around it.
Sam Spade is still wearing her shades, though.
Snu quickly looks back at the party - only for a moment before returning his attention to the path ahead. "You ride before?"
Sam Spade: "Not on anything like these! But the bikes in Dojji were similar!"
Snu: "Close enough!" The wind of passage makes it a bit difficult to hear, and necessitates shouting. "Those 'ghost tanks' - they barbarians?"
Sam Spade: "…Close enough, I think. Maybe…even insane?"
Snu: "Like barbarians, then. Okay!" The party crests a rise, sending the scooters into freefall for a moment. Up ahead, a pitched battle is underway, mostly ice type pokemon from the shore attacking a small fleet of boats. Four boats are stuck to the shore by ice frozen into the water; the rest are gathered around, either unsure what to do or attacking the ice.
Linnea: "What fresh hell is this?"
Snu: "Barbarians. No need defeat them, just free fleet so can escape! Fleet captain probably wanted to engage; will need knock sense into him so fleet WILL escape."
Snu: "Which part you want? I get other."
Snu: "Or if you get both, I harass barbarians, buy you time."
Sam Spade: "We'll knock the frozen boats loose, then!"
Sam Spade guns it for the frozen boats, Chicklet still clinging to her back. Malta and Noiseless are presumably overhead somewhere.
Snu: "Alright." He revs his scooter and veers out to sea, angling for the edge of the ice to jump up onto the largest of the captured boats.
[OOC] WC GM: BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCNPpYAkNKA
Max Thorn: "Hm. C'mon, Amaterasu, let's get going."
[OOC] WC GM: Round 1! Trainers and party pokemon first.
Linnea: "Right, Lulim, let's carve 'em out!"
Ammy lets out a cheerful bark, and somehow manages a play-bow on the back of Max's scooter as he follows Snu to ramp on to the boat.
Sam Spade: "Okay, Chicklet. I'm gonna run up and get the ice around that boat. Give it a good strong hit, okay?"
Chicklet: "Oka~y!"
Esme: "Alexis! Follow and strike it from above!"
[OOC] WC GM: Max is going onto the boat, then? Or just Amaterasu?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Both, she's on his scooter still.
Linnea speeds up to the ice around the boat, ready to get started!
Chicklet: "BRICK BREAK!"
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+3 3d8+10+15: 11 (8) 38 (4 5 4) (AC2 Fighting/Physical)
[OOC] Sam Spade: If it's Ice Elemental, that's Super Effective, and also +5 to the damage roll.
Linnea starts powering up a beam, making sure to aim it AWAY from the boat but still at the ice, and lets fly! [Moonblast] Lulim lets out a snarl, and makes a slicing motion with her horn - a giant blade of stone appears, slamming into the ice! [Stone Edge]
Max lands next to a heated debate which is already breaking down into a battle. Snu is wrestling a beartic, a head taller than his own impressive height, in a jacket with gold-tasseled pauldrons.
Linnea rolled up 1d20 3d12+42: 14 (14) 50 (4 3 1) (AC 2 Fairy/Special)
[OOC] Max Thorn: still a chance for Ammy to act, or…?
[OOC] WC GM: Ice is indeed Ice Elemental.
Lulim rolled up 1d20 3d8+32: 12 (12) 49 (7 4 6) (AC 5, Crits on 14+, Rock/Phys)
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah. And for Max; landing was his shift action.
Alexis divebombs towards the ice, slamming into it with a [Metal Claw]! Esme gathers power in her hands, shooting her fist out as she zooms by, a bird?-shaped fount of flame erupting as her [Hidden Power]!
Amaterasu's breath steams in the cold air, and more steam arises as she cuts loose at the beartic with a Flamethrower!
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 3d10+35: 8 (8) 53 (6 5 7) (AC2, burn on 19+)
Alexis rolled up 1d20+1 2d10+36: 21 (20) 52 (10 6) (AC 3)
Alexis rolled up 2d10+10: 13 (2 1) (Critical Hit! SUPER EFFECTIVE!)
Solid blows rain down upon the ice, freeing the smallest of the trapped ships, which quickly retreats.
Esme rolled up 2d6+37: 44 (6 1) (AC 2, Special/Fire)
Esme rolled up 1d20: 19 (19) (Oh right to-hit)
Esme's attack begins progress on the next.
Malta drives in, dropping a Fire Blast!
Max Thorn: "Good job, Ammy. But…maybe target the ice and not the ice-type, next time? Step lively, though!" [Agility Orders]
Malta rolled up 1d20+1 4d10+10+14: 6 (5) 41 (7 3 5 2) (Super-effective)
Snu pulls the beartic into Amaterasu's flame. The beartic glares at Amaterasu. "You stay out of this!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: AC 4 so hit
The barbarians pause as their efforts are interrupted, but soon resume frosting up the ocean, repairing the damaged ice - though that one freed ship has wisely retreated from their reach.
But a trio of larger pokemon turn their attention to the party. A froslass is quickly identified; the other two…look like glalies, but bigger, and their features are a bit off…
Linnea: "Oh…!"
Linnea: "How beautiful!"
Sam Spade: "But mean! You let those ships go!"
[OOC] WC GM: Pokemon Ed check, anyone but Max, to identify.
Max Thorn: "Foes identified. Amaterasu, new mission!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Max is in combat with someone else, no?
[OOC] Max Thorn: no?
[OOC] WC GM: Which is why Max doesn't get to check.
Sam Spade rolled up 1d6: 4 (4) (Pokemon Ed)
[OOC] WC GM: He's busy on the ship.
Linnea rolled up 2d6: 3 (1 2)
Esme rolled up 2d6: 3 (2 1) (What are Pokemon)
[OOC] Esme: YEAH
[OOC] WC GM: Though if Max is getting out of that and turning his attention to the trio, he can check next turn.
The two kind-of-glalies breathe blasts of intensely cold but dry air - Freeze Dry!
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 5 (1 4)
[OOC] Max Thorn: He's in combat with some*thing* else, although presumably the other three PCs are still able to call out to him.
WC GM rolled up 2d10+29: 38 (1 8)
The blast aimed at Esme goes wide, but the one bearing down on Linnea hits!
[OOC] WC GM: 38-SpDef damage
Linnea: "Oh jeez-!"
[OOC] Max Thorn: Anyway, retcon Max's last spoken line, or else move it after this next one…
[OOC] Linnea: 109/132
The froslass, meanwhile, casually lobs a Shadow Ball at Sam.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 6 (6)
Max Thorn looks over when he hears Lin take the hit. "Oh, dear."
[OOC] Sam Spade: 5 Evasion~~~
Linnea: "We got trouble! Get over here!"
Max Thorn: "Coming!"
"At" , but Sam veers barely out of the way.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 2! Party pokemon and trainers first!
[OOC] WC GM: And now Max can check if he's engaging the on-land foes.
Amaterasu hops back on the hoverscooter, and Max nearly bowls the beartic over on the way off the boat to rejoin his companions.
As Max leaves, he takes a look at the foes…
Sam Spade: "Hey! That was mean! Okay, Chicklet, I want you to focus in on that froslass!"
The beartic, still leaning over to try to avoid the flame, proves a useful ramp.
Max Thorn rolled up 6d6: 18 (2 1 6 2 3 4)
Max Thorn: "Arceus preserve us…how did they manage to mega-evolve?!"
Linnea: "Who cares, we can find out afterward!"
Max Thorn: "Kinda matters, because their being mega-evolved means they're even nastier customers than usual. Amaterasu, give 'em a warm welcome!"
Amaterasu doggie-grins momentarily, then lets out a gout of flame at the one who hit Lin.
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 3d10+35: 19 (19) 53 (8 7 3) (AC2, burn on 19+)
A massive hit! That alone seems to have injured the mega-glalie.
Linnea snaps her fingers, letting out a scattering burst of light! [Dazzling Gleam]
Linnnea rolled up 1d20 3d8+42: 1 (1) 59 (1 8 8) (AC 2 Fairy/Special Cone 2)
Chicklet glares at the Froslass, then punches with a blast of fire! Fire Blast!
The light scatters between the mega-glalies.
Lulim hunkers down and prepares for another strike! [Swords Dance]
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+3 4d10+10+5+16: 19 (16) 45 (4 4 1 5) (AC 4, Smite, burn on 19+)
Alexis barrels in from above, bringing down another [Metal Claw], this time towards the already-injured Glalie!
The glalie reels from the blow, but her ire is focused on Sam.
Esme rolled up 1d20+1: 5 (4) (AC 3)
But not so focused as not to dodge Alexis without looking.
Sam Spade takes her hand off the accelerator for a second, scanning the barbarians.
Sam Spade rolled up 5d6: 21 (3 4 5 3 6) (Perception)
Esme frowns. "Let's try…" She focuses, gathering power in her hand. A ball of flame…a shard of ice…a spark of lightning! The three swirl in her palm, as she hurls the ball of energy at Frosslass for a [Tri-Attack]!
Esme rolled up 1d20: 18 (18) (AC 2)
Esme rolled up 2d8+35 1d3: 39 (1 3) 3 (3)
Esme is [Scrappy]! No more ghost problems.
[OOC] Esme: Normal, Special
Sam Spade: "…Oh my. You RATS!"
Sam Spade: "You're attacking your own people, too, to keep them scared?"
Sam Spade: "WELL WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT!"
Max Thorn: "Eh?"
The froslass raises her wings, and sends an Ominous Wind straight at Sam.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 16 (16)
WC GM rolled up 2d8+25: 29 (1 3)
[OOC] WC GM: Hits for 29-SpDef damage.
[OOC] Sam Spade: 114/132, pissed but not to status levels
The mega-glalies breathe twin Frost Breaths at the party like ice-type flamethrowers.
WC GM rolled up 2d20: 27 (18 9)
WC GM rolled up 4d8+39: 56 (4 1 8 4)
WC GM rolled up 4d8+39: 64 (4 8 7 6)
Esme is hit for (64-SpDef), while Linnea takes (56-SpDef)!
Linnea: "Auuuuugh, stop it!"
[OOC] WC GM: Round 3! Party then barbarians!
Max Thorn: "Focus fire, Ammy, hit it again!"
[OOC] Linnea: 68/132
Amaterasu lets out another gout of flame at the glalie she targeted earlier.
Sam Spade: "EVERYONE! KEEP CALM, KEEP STEADY, WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS!"
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 3d10+35: 5 (5) 51 (3 7 6) (AC2, Burn on 19+)
Esme reels from the blow, but luckily deflects about half! [94/126]
[OOC] Sam Spade: Tapping Tip the Scales, targeting every mon in the group with Focus Training, +1 CS to either Def or SDef, +1 CS to Speed, Attack, or SAttack.
[OOC] Max Thorn: incidentally, Ammy's Brimstone means her last Flamethrower tagged that glalie with Poison as well as Burn.
Linnea darts forward, punching one of the Glailies square in the face, ripping energy away from it! [Draining Kiss]
Esme: "Yeah uh…" She wipes the frost from her face, placing a yellow shard between her teeth. "…gonna aim this as best I can."
Chicklet darts forward, then around the froslass several times. Fire Spin!
Linnea rolled up 1d20 2d6+44: 13 (13) 56 (6 6) (AC2 Fairy/Special drains half damage)
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+4 2d6+8+5+16: 24 (20) 36 (3 4) (AC 4, Vortex.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: CRIT!
Lulim lets fly with another [Stone Edge] at the same Glailie!
Chicklet rolled up 2d6+8: 15 (3 4)
Lulim rolled up 1d20 3d8+32: 7 (7) 48 (5 3 8) (AC 5, Crits on 14+, Rock/Phys)
Linnea recovers 20 HP!
[OOC] Sam Spade: 39 damage on the Froslass vs sdef before super effective.
[OOC] Linnea: 88/132
Linnea: "Phew…okay…"
Between Linnea and Amaterasu, the one mega-glalie faints, shrinking back into a normal glalie. The other glalie falters and likewise shrinks, though is still up.
Lulim flies through the space the now-fainted glalie occupied.
Max Thorn conjures up a green flame and tosses it to Lin, where it swells to limn her briefly before fading along with some of the damage. [Spirit Mending, +30 HP]
Linnea: "…Whoa, that's…hey, thank you!"
[OOC] Linnea: 118/132
The froslass falls to Chicklet's attack.
Chicklet: "Did you see that? I did that!"
Sam Spade: "Yes, you did! I'm very proud of you."
[OOC] WC GM: Esme & Alexis left, right? One target remains.
Esme pauses, and removes the shard from her mouth. Should be fine. She winds her shoulder, and rushes ahead toward the remaining Glalie. Flame gathers in her fist, and she gives another swing of [Hidden Power]!
Esme rolled up 1d20: 2 (2) (AC 2)
That would have hit had the no-longer-mega glalie not just shrunk.
Alexis on the other hand, sees one remaining targt, and goes in for the final [Pursuit].
Alexis rolled up 1d20+1: 10 (9) (AC 2)
And hits!
Esme rolled up 2d6+39: 51 (6 6) (Dark/Physical)
The glalie looks among the party, and defaults to attacking the human who last attacked him.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
The Freeze Dry goes right over Esme's head.
[OOC] WC GM: Round 4! Party then glalie!
Max Thorn: "One more shot, Amaterasu!"
Sam Spade: "Chicklet! Focus on that Glalie! Alexis, you got this, too! Stay on top of things!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Marking the glalie, focus for Chicklet and Alexis.
Chicklet bounces forward, one wing crashing into the glalie! Brick Break!
Chicklet: "Kiiiii-ai!"
Amaterasu inhales, then lets forth a stream of killer doggie breath! [Smog]
Linnea builds up a beam of concentrated light, then fires it at the reimaining glalie! [Moonblast]
Chicklet rolled up 1d20+5 3d8+10+5+18: 14 (9) 43 (7 1 2) (Fighting.)
Linnea rolled up 1d20 3d12+42: 17 (17) 71 (7 11 11) (AC 2 Fairy/Special)
Amaterasu rolled up 1d20 1d6+30: 17 (17) 36 (6) (AC7, Poisons on even rolls.)
[OOC] Max Thorn: this was me remembering that Flamethrower is EOT -.-
One hit, two hits…and then Linnea's Moonblast sends the glalie flying into the distance!
Linnea: "Bye."
The remaining barbarian pokemon have by now halted their attacks, watching the fight. With the last of the trio down, they flee!
The remaining boats are quickly broken free from the ice.
Esme: "Did we do the thing?"
Max Thorn: "Looks like."
Snu calls from the ship. "Okay! We head home now! Meet us back in town!"
[OOC] WC GM: +126 pokemon XP each
Sam Spade: "GOT IT!"
Max Thorn turns his hoverscooter 'round and guns the engine.
Sam Spade checks to make sure Chicklet is back and secure, then does the same.
Linnea makes sure Lulim is ready, then starts booking it back.
Esme looks to Alexis, who gives a 'claws up' and heads back into the sky. Back to town it is!
By the time the party returns, the sun is well and truly sunk, and the night's chill has descended. It feels like the space heaters are the only thing warding off frostbite, if not hypothermia.
Amaterasu leans against Max, lending him her warmth to augment the space heater.
Port of the Snow is a collection of stone buildings, with street lamps about a meter from the ground with actual flame, so as to give off heat as well as light. It is not obvious what they are burning, though methane is possible.
Malta glides down to join the group….and suddenly she looks significantly bigger.
Malta: "Flame!"
A gentle snowdrift begins to settle in, though melting and vaporizing anywhere near the lamps.
Esme: "Flame?"
Skel is waiting near the shed. She waves to the party. "The others went out over the ocean to meet the fleet!"
Malta hops towards Esme and blinks at her, then looks at Sam.
Sam Spade: "Wow! You…you evolved, didn't you?"
Skel: "They'll be back soon, and then we can feast."
Malta: "Talon!"
Esme: "Oh!"
Skel: "Oh? Your friend just evolved?"
Malta turns to Skel and nods.
Amaterasu keeps close to Max even after they dismount. He scritches between her ears affectionately with a smile. "Excellent work out there, Malta."
Skel: "I remember evolving. The world doesn't seem as big any more, does it?"
Malta shakes her head, then leans into Max's scratches.
Skel herds the party's hoverscooters back into the shed after the party has gotten off them.
Esme pats Alexis on the back, as she comes in for a landing. "Bien! Looks like someone's been enjoying getting to stretch her wings."
Alexis glares-but then nods approvingly.
[OOC] Max Thorn: I was scritching *Ammy*, but I wouldn't be surprised if Malta shoved her head in the way. :P
[OOC] Sam Spade: They say pokemon take after their masters, and Sam's mastered Guile
Snu: "AHOOOY!" The fleet comes into view. "Prepare the feast hall! We've got a catch!" Snu has that beartic in a headlock - but the first boat in groans under a mound of non-pokemon fish.
Sam Spade: "Wooo!"
Sam Spade: "…Oh, shoot. Where's Tim at?"
Sam Spade: "Skel, where'd you take Tim to?"
Skel salutes. "Right!" Then looks to the party. "Umm…do any of you have experience setting up feasts? Or…parties?"
Skel: "Me? I didn't…"
Max Thorn blinks as he feels feathers rather than fur, but he shrugs and just continues scritching. Ammy gets her scritches from his other hand, then.
Tim sticks his head out the door of one of the larger buildings. "Heeey~! Come over here where it's Not Freezing!"
Sam Spade: "Alright, sounds like a plan!"
Sam Spade heads towards Tim, then passes the box that's almost certainly not the XP-share.
Max Thorn: "Yes, let's. Even if I *do* seem to be rather warm all of a sudden…"
Tim securely pockets the box.
Inside - this is roughly what one would imagine when one hears the words, "feast hall" . Long tables with benches (retractable in sections) laid out with plates and cutlery. High ceilings with chandeliers - it is hard to tell if those are candles, more gas flames like the street lights, or cleverly disguised electric lights. Woven tapestry banners depicting scenes from what is probably Port of the Snow's past; one of them shows a town map.
Doors off to the side lead to what is presumably the kitchen. Already from there comes the scent of fish frying.
Sam Spade: "I think Skel wanted us to help set up?"
Skel: "Yes please! Though it looks like it's mostly done - just help me check all the settings, and maybe bring out the first dishes when they're ready?"
Max Thorn whispers softly in Ammy's ear, and she wanders around, not intruding but also catching as many scents as she can…pretty much exactly like any other dog would in a new setting. She doesn't leave the room, though.
Sam Spade: "Um. Sure?"
Linnea: "Yeah, why not."
Antheia also makes an appearance-she was presumably staying inside like a sane person would in this kind of place.
Esme: "Can do!"
Max Thorn: "Sure thing. I think Antheia'd be willing to help out, too."
It is not long before much of the town begins trickling in, mumbling cnversations and occasional laughter brewing. A few of them break off to help the party - and just as the party's stomachs begin reminding them they have not yet had dinner, it is time to eat.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License