Session 9

It has been an…interesting day, but now the sun is touching the horizon and it is time to assemble near Ice Cove's gym.
Sam Spade: "Malta! You ready for this?"
Malta: "Cheep! Chip chirp cheep. Cheep!"
Esme is doing stretches with Gervais.
Said gym is little more than a few stands, an office, and an open "field" on the shore. The arena's lines are not even visible from a distance - white against the white of frozen ocean.
Max Thorn: "I would hope so, I don't think anyone else is super-effective versus ice…"
Esme: "Gervy can kick things, sort of. Ice is normally weak to that, right?"
In the near distance, ice chunks lie scattered around the edge of the frozen area; as the party assembles, there is a distant crack of one breaking off near the other side of the shore.
Max Thorn: "If it's a properly-performed fighting move, sure."
Fortunately, the wide-open area makes it possible to see people coming. Like the Jaegers, with anti-tank weapons strapped to their backs, accompanying Tim toward the group.
Tim: "Heeey! Did you miss me?"
Sam Spade: "Yeah, we definitely did!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Roll Bluff to lie? =p
Tim's is the most obviously forced smile the party has ever seen.
Max Thorn: "Howdy, Tim."
[OOC] WC GM: No need. Though Tim's failed his Bluff.
Esme: "Oh, definitely."
Sam Spade: "Huh. Lots of J…Team Jaeger members about. Did something happen?"
Max Thorn: "(…We talked about this, Sam.)"
Once near the party, Tim turns around and walks backward for a bit. "Alright, you can go back, I'll accompany them. Good luck with the r…with THAT thing."
The other Jaegers make various noises of assent and walk away.
Tim turns back to the party, and his smile immediately fades to a silent plea for help.
Max Thorn nods to Tim, makes a "not here" gesture.
Tim nods.
Sam Spade winks at Tim and gives him a thumbs-up.
Sam Spade: "So, we're going to challenge Ivan for badges, right?"
Esme: "Yup!"
Max Thorn: "That was the plan, yes."
Just as the Jaegers round a corner and leave line of sight, Ivan bursts out of the office. "Wa HA! So you have arrived. Good, good."
Sam Spade: "Mr. Ivan! You're the gym leader, right?"
Ivan smiles as he strides forward. "Da! First I must be thanking you for this morning."
Sam Spade: "Oh, no! We did nothing that is worth thanking! Isn't that right, Tim?"
Max Thorn: "Just doing what needed done."
Tim shrugs nonchalantly. "I wouldn't know. I came into town early because there were reports of…well, a situation in Foundry Town we're preparing to take care of."
Ivan: "Oh?"
Jack Layfield: "That's a lot of firepower for Foundry Town."
Ivan: "Hmm. Would this have anything to do with what I have heard about the ice cream factory today?"
Max Thorn: "Ah…as to that, we're gonna need rapid transportation to Foundry Town after this."
Sam Spade: "…It seems unlikely. Not impossible, but…"
Sam Spade: "…Actually I'm gonna rephrase that."
Max Thorn: "Preferably via a route that won't be visible on the footpaths."
Sam Spade: "It's like what happened at the ice cream factory and the situation are fingers on different hands of the same person."
Ivan: "Hmm." He studies the group. "And unless I miss my guess…Jack, you are being worried for family, da?"
Jack waves a hand side to side. "Ehhhhhh… I'm more worried about what they're gonna do, bro."
Jack Layfield: "Layfields don't muck about."
Sam Spade frowns.
Sam Spade: "Mr. Ivan, how'd you know Jack was a Layfield?"
[OOC] Sam Spade: So tempted to say 'you don't know Jack' there.
Ivan blinks. "Because…wait, wait. Jack. You have not told them yet?"
Jack Layfield: "What's there to tell?"
Ivan shrugs. "Your friends will be finding out in Foundry Town, if not sooner. I leave that to you."
Jack Layfield: "I'm radical, my family is more radical."
Ivan chuckles. "Da. I saw your performance in the contest today."
Sam Spade blinks
Sam Spade: "Oh, right. They introduced you as Jack Layfield, too."
Sam Spade: "Never mind."
Ivan: "But enough of this. You have reason to wish rapid transport. I shall provide. Weavile!"
Sam Spade: "Um. Aren't we supposed to try for our Ice Gym Badge first?"
A weavile wearing a red leather eyepatch with a skull-and-crossbones, and a red-and-white striped bandana, comes from the office. "Weav?"
Ivan: "Da, first things first, but this will take time to set up."
Sam Spade: "Oh my gosh it's a pirate weavile-"
Esme pokedex!
Ivan: "Weavile, ask HER if she could prepare an iceberg to float quickly to Foundry Town, would you? Our guests will be riding it tonight."
Max Thorn: "Nice." Max looks the weavile up'n'down, committing it to memory and assessing its capabilities.
Max Thorn rolled up 4d6: 15 (15) (pokémon ed)
Pokedex: "Weavile. Evolution made it even more devious. It communicates by clawing signs in boulders."
Jack Layfield: "Oh man I have got to get me one of those. You said you'd show me a Sneasel nest right?"
Esme: "Neat."
Ivan nods. "Gym badge, then the nest, and by then your ride should be ready."
Max Thorn whistles. "Man, that one kicks ass."
The weavile bows and heads off to the edge of the ice.
[OOC] WC GM: Does Esme keep pokedex out?
[OOC] Esme: Sure
Pokedex: "Avalugg. Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel. Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way." …there seems to be nothing there, just a blank expanse of ice.
Sam Spade: "…That's not terrifying in the slightest."
Max Thorn blinks, and assesses *that* one too.
Esme: "Bodes well!"
Max Thorn rolled up 4d6: 8 (8) (pokémon ed)
Max Thorn: "…and it's level 100."
Esme: "Pretty consistent for Gym Leaders, so far."
Max Thorn: "Can't be a badass without badass pokémon, no."
Ivan: "Wa ha ha! You found my slumbering one. Avalugg, up!"
Jack Layfield: "Woaaaaaaaah."
The ice SHATTERS, and a section of ice just lifts itself up on legs, a head emerging.
Sam Spade: "Stands to reason, I guess. Not much for a Gym leader to do with his or her pokemon aside from train them, if they're only allowed to have three…"
The avalugg looks out at the party sleepily.
Sam Spade: "Hello, there."
Jack Layfield: "That's like, a moving glacier."
Ivan: "Bruce has told me of his problems. I, too, have considered - but I have had less challengers of late. You understand."
Max Thorn: "We do. And, I think over the long term, we want to help address the problem."
Ivan: "Good, good. But for now…"
Sam Spade: "Yes! What's the plan?"
Sam Spade eyes the avalugg.
Sam Spade: "…Wait."
Max Thorn tosses Antheia into the air. "Beatdown, I think."
Ivan: "I have a proposition. Avalugg here is tired and sore after today. And I wonder, if you might be effective. So! I give you limited time to massage Avalugg."
Ivan: "You succeed to Avalugg's satisfaction, I give you badge. What say you?"
Esme: "Massage, huh."
[OOC] WC GM: Which, mechanically, is standard combat but Avalugg takes no moves.
Ivan: "If you wish, trainers participate too. No worry about league rules."
Sam Spade: "Um. Sounds different, at least!"
Max Thorn: "Worth a shot."
Ivan gets out a stopwatch and smiles. "But to make it challenge. You won't know how much time you have. I tell you if you go over."
Ivan: "Ready?"
Max Thorn: "Aye."
Esme ponders. "I guess. Hmm."
Jack Layfield: "Hell yeah!"
Ivan: "Begin!"
[OOC] WC GM: Given the nature, initiative is whatever order you wish.
[OOC] WC GM: But you do have limited number of turns.
[OOC] WC GM: Who's up first?
Max Thorn: "Hm. Antheia, let's start things off with a nice breeze." ((Agile Orders + Fairy Wind))
[OOC] Esme: Hmm. If it's not acting, Poison/Burn aren't gonna be useful. Punches it is.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+21: 8 (8), 28 (28)
[OOC] WC GM: Poison/Burn will still damage per turn as if it was acting. It's just passing its turn.
[OOC] Esme: Ah haa. Still punches, but after other thing, then.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: That makes poison really good here then.
The Fairy Wind seems mostly but not entirely blunted.
[OOC] WC GM: 5 damage
Sam Spade: "Malta! Stay focused, baby, you got this!"
Sam Spade raises her hand to her lips and blows a kiss at Avalugg. ((Focused Orders + Sweet Kiss))
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 18 (18)
[OOC] Esme: and Vulnerable eh
Avalugg seems confused, alright. Is that a person hitting on it?
Esme digs through her pockets. "I'm sure I have a less… explody one somewhere… aha!" She produces another one of those pester balls. "A good deep-cleansing is good for a massage!" She hurls it at the iceberg. [Pester Ball: Burn]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 2 (2)
[OOC] Esme: Cursed AC 6 status attack whiff
[OOC] Sam Spade: Aww.
Avalugg staggers out of the way.
Jack Layfield: "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa! Smack em up Sandy!!!!"
Esme frowns. "Gervaise. Kick it." The nidoran hops forward with a flurry of kicks! [Double Kick]
Esme rolled up 2#1d20+1: 3 21 (24)
[OOC] Esme: AC 3 and oh hey ones a crit
Jack swings a wild haymaker at Avalugg
[OOC] WC GM: And Vulnerable -> no Evasion
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Strength
Sam Spade: "Malta! Go for the- don't actually go for the eyes."
Malta uses Tackle!
Esme rolled up 2d6+22: 27 (27)
Esme rolled up 1d6+5: 7 (7)
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+16: 3 (3), 25 (25)
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 12 (12) (ac 2)
[OOC] Esme: so 34 before Super Effective/Defense/etc
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+18: 27 (27)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: 27 damage before defense and so on
Even if Avalugg is just standing there, that is some thick ice.
[OOC] WC GM: 15 damage total from the double kick.
Max Thorn: "Nice moves, Gervais."
Max Thorn: "All right, keep the breeze coming, Antheia!" ((Fairy Wind))
[OOC] WC GM: So…everyone's moved; Max did Orders and everyone else did some form of attack? Round 2.
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+21: 1 (1), 32 (32)
[OOC] WC GM: Starting with Antheia.
[OOC] Max Thorn: … :I
[OOC] Esme: A pleasant breeze
[OOC] Max Thorn: good to know Chessa hasn't changed a bit despite the move.
Antheia stirs up the loose snow.
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 10 (10)
Avalugg just stands there, nearly tripping but not quite.
[OOC] WC GM: Everyone else, round 2!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Uh Sandy didn't do anything
[OOC] WC GM: Oh. Sandy, then!
Jack Layfield: Sandile leaps forward, jaws extended. "Sandy, use bite!!!!"
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 13 (13)
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+22: 26 (26)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: 26 damage from sandile's bite before defense
[OOC] WC GM: Which comes to 1.
[OOC] WC GM: And *now* round 2!
Esme digs around for another ball. "One more… Gonna have to make more of these." She tries for another pelt at the Avalugg. [Burn Ball Again Yo]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 18 (18)
[OOC] Esme: That's more good yes -2 Def CS. Also, damage!
Sam Spade: "Stay on target, Malta, you got this!"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Not gonna risk Taunt, I think.
Malta moves in fast and quick! Malta used Quick Attack!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+14: 11 (11), 21 (21) (AC 2.)
Avalugg's armor melts a bit, but Malta's attack still mostly bounces off.
[OOC] WC GM: 1 damage
[OOC] WC GM: Next?
Gervais continues bumping against the giant ice block's leg. [Double Kick]
Esme rolled up 2#1d20+1: 19 7 (26)
Esme rolled up 2d6+22 : 30 (30)
[OOC] Esme: Assuming it hits, anyway
[OOC] WC GM: Both hit. It still has 0 Evasion thanks to Sam.
[OOC] Sam Spade: Who else has to act this round?
[OOC] Max Thorn: Jack & Sandy. :p
[OOC] WC GM: Max, Jack, Sandy, Sam
[OOC] Sam Spade: Sam's acted as much as she's gonna.
[OOC] Max Thorn: Same, since Agile Orders don't actually matter with no fixed init.
Jack, having bruised his hand punching the ice pokemon has now taken to kicking it.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Strength again
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 10 (10) (ac 2)
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+18: 23 (23) (damage)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: One damage from Jack again
[OOC] WC GM: Yep. Close, though!
Jack Layfield: "Sandile, bite, one more time, same spot, we'll break through eventually!"
Jack Layfield: Sandy's jaws clamp down once more.
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 19 (19) (ac 2)
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Haha! Flinched it! Oh wait…
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+22: 31 (31) (damage)
It's not much, but Sandy definitely dug in further this time.
[OOC] WC GM: 3 damage. Round 3!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 15 (15)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Still is confuse?
Ivan: "Good, good. But hurry up!"
[OOC] WC GM: Still confused
Max Thorn: "Focus the breeze a bit more, Antheia!" ((Fairy Wind))
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+21: 2 (2), 32 (32)
[OOC] Max Thorn: ffs.
The breeze is indeed focused, striking along Avalugg's left.
[OOC] Max Thorn: at least it's AC 2, so.
Sam Spade: "Malta! Give me a moment, then hit again! Aim for the shoulder!"
Sam Spade: "Hey, Amalugg…"
[OOC] WC GM: Quite. 9 damage.
Sam Spade whispers a secret to the Amalugg. Sam Spade used Confide!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (AC2.)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Not a crit, don't care about the rest.
Malta sweeps in with a bodyslam to the shoulder! Malta uses Tackle!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+16: 15 (15), 23 (23) (AC 2)
Avalugg is pushed back toward the hole it created. The remaining ice seems really thin there…
[OOC] WC GM: 1 damage
[OOC] WC GM: Esme/Gervais and Jack/Sandy?
Esme wobbles, debating. "Well the Jaegers are gone, and we can probably trust Ivan, so…" She lifts a flap on her glove, and flicks a switch. A spark flashes, and that weird purple smoke floods from her palm and gathers around her arm! She leaps ahead with a palm strike, Gervais following after. [Struggle, Double Kick]
Esme rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (Struggle)
Esme rolled up 2#1d20+1: 9 2 (11) (Double Kick)
Jack Layfield: "What the fliggidy flak was that!"
[OOC] Esme: Ee aw; Was looking up whether I could [Push] it but it's way too heavy 8D
Ivan blinks. "…my question too."
Esme rolled up 1d6+19: 24 (24) (Double Kick Damage)
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, you can. And it has been pushed. This ice is slick.
[OOC] Esme: Ah boo. I figured that was just cuz Tackle pushes; the actual maneuver makes a note about weight class
Tim: "What…"
[OOC] WC GM: It does, but I'm waiving that for this battle if you're trying to push it somewhere.
[OOC] Esme: Gotcha. Will try it next turn, if we have one
Jack Layfield: "Okayyyyy…Uh Sandy, try and lower its defenses! Use leer!"
[OOC] WC GM: You probably will. 8 damage.
Esme side-eyes Tim. "Just some experimental tech! You saw nothing!"
Sam Spade: "Really cool effect, Esme! You'll have to show me how you managed it later on."
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 7 (7) (ac 2)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Yeah, I was wondering about that. *Almost* all the Jaggies were gone…
Avalugg's ice melts a bit more.
At a glance, Tim does not seem to quite comprehend.
Tim: "Okaaay…?" He blinks.
Jack Layfield: Jack takes another swing at Avalugg. "Come ooooon!"
[OOC] WC GM: So, if I have that right, Esme's move hits?
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Strength again
[OOC] WC GM: And still waiting for damage from Esme?
[OOC] Sam Spade: If Esme needs to Bluff Tim to get him to forget about her breaking masquerade, then Sam can help her if needed.
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 5 (5) (acc 2)
[OOC] WC GM: That help might be needed later, but not just yet.
[OOC] WC GM: Hits
[OOC] Sam Spade: I know, just throwing it out there.
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+18: 26 (26)
Jack can feel the armor softening up!
[OOC] WC GM: 1 damage…but not "minimum"; Avalugg's CS-adjusted Defense is 25 now.
Esme rolled up 2d6+18: 22 (22) (Venom Brace whoops)
[OOC] Esme: Special, for what it counts
Even Esme's attack seems to do something…
[OOC] WC GM: 1 damage, but close. Round 3!
WC GM rolled up 1d20: 7 (7)
Avalugg trips, smacking itself against the ice.
Sam Spade: "Whoa! Are you okay?"
Max Thorn: "Keep throwin' some air around, Antheia!" ((Fairy Wind))
Max Thorn rolled up 1d20 2d8+21: 20 (20), 29 (29)
[OOC] Sam Spade: Now that's more like it!
[OOC] Max Thorn: oh hey
[OOC] WC GM: Crit, yo
[OOC] Max Thorn: that's 'roll dice again', yes?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes
[OOC] Esme: everything except Spatk
Max Thorn rolled up 2d8+10+29: 50 (50)
Sam Spade: "Malta! Keep it off balance if you can!" ((Focused Orders.))
[OOC] Esme: MMgirl
[OOC] WC GM: 27 total damage
The wind drills Avalugg right along the back. Furrows begin opening up, matching the picture in Esme's pokedex. Avalugg starts to relax. "Luuuhgg…"
[OOC] Sam Spade: Should we keep going?
Ivan smiles in anticipation.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Malta darts in, tearing at the furrows to widen them. Quick Attack!
Sam Spade rolled up 1d20+1 2d6+14: 18 (18), 26 (26) (AC 2)
Thanks to Sandy, Malta finds the defenses lowered too, and is able to come away with quite a bit of built-up ice in her claws.
[OOC] WC GM: 1 damage again - still defense 25
[OOC] WC GM: Sam/Esme/Gervaise/Jack/Sandy
Esme tries another palm strike; This time aiming to push the Avalugg back, since it seems to be sliding. [Push]
Esme rolled up 1d20 2d6: 16 (16), 7 (7) (AC 4, Combat)
[OOC] WC GM: Pushing it anywhere in particular?
[OOC] Esme: More towards that thin-lookin ice
[OOC] Esme: If possible
Avalugg slides, and is now right on the cusp. Just a bit more should do it!
[OOC] Jack Layfield: Stuff has just come up, I gotta take off in like 15 minutes
[OOC] WC GM: Do your moves quick, then.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: and I just realized strength has push….
[OOC] WC GM: This may be the last one.
[OOC] Jack Layfield: I could have been helping!
[OOC] WC GM: Then help now. ;)
Jack Layfield: "AAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!" Jack slams his shoulder into Avalugg full force, attempting to push it back.
Jack Layfield rolled up 1d20: 15 (15) (ac 2)
Jack Layfield rolled up 2d8+18: 29 (29) (damage)
[OOC] WC GM: 4 damage, and then…
Avalugg slides, tipping right over the edge…then falls into and through the ice. There is a massive SPLASH, then Avalugg comes up on its back, eyes swirling a bit.
Ivan gapes…and the stopwatch in his hand beeps.
Ivan: "Well…well done! I have not seen such a massage in years!"
Sam Spade: "Wow!"
Max Thorn: "Nice job, all of you."
Sam Spade scratches Malta.
Sam Spade: "Good job, baby, good job!"
Max Thorn scoops up Antheia and puts her back behind his ear.
Esme claps her hands together. "Bon travail! Good work everyone!"
[OOC] WC GM: Non-resisting so lowering significance multiplier, but still - L100 defeated, just like I figured you could. 25 XP per pokemon.
[OOC] WC GM: And a trainer level.
[OOC] Sam Spade: yaaay level!
Ivan recalls Avalugg to pokeball. "Now rest well. And as for you!" Ivan marches up to the party, massively towering over them.
Sam Spade isn't feeling intimidated in the slightest.
Max Thorn: "Aye?"
The large gym leader digs around in his pocket, then thrusts out his open hand with gym badges. "Pack Ice Badge. You earned it!"
Jack Layfield: "Woohoo!"
Jack Layfield: "WE DID IT!"
Sam Spade: "Wow!"
The badge depicts what looks like a cluster of icebergs drifting at sea.
Sam Spade slides the badge into her pokedex case.
Esme takes a badge, pinning it within her dex-case. "Thank you!"
Jack grabs the badge and pins it to his helmet next to the first one! "Next stop, the sneasel nest! Then my parents' garage and repair stop!"
Ivan kneels to look Tim in the eye. "Now. Jaeger man. You are being in charge of them, ya? They will be camping on the ice this night. Go see Weavile, help set up. I promise, will deliver your charges to you. We just do a bit of pokemon hunting, as I promise them earlier."
Max Thorn snaps the badge into its place in the case.
Tim casts a wary eye around the group.
Tim sighs and mutters, "Too much and they'll suspect," then nods and heads down to where Weavile seems to be speaking to the sea.
Ivan watches him go, then looks to the party. "You train?"
Sam Spade watches Tim, too.
Esme idly unflips a switch as Tim heads off. Totally normal over here, sure thing.
Sam Spade: "That last bit. Was that to you, or to himself? And was the 'they' supposed to be us, or his 'friends' in Team Jaeger…?"
Max Thorn: "Likely to himself, and probably Team Jaeger."
Ivan: "He say it like little man who do too much. He no say it like boy he is. So I ask again, you train him?"
Max Thorn: "Haven't done anything with him yet, but…I suspect he's not so enamored with the Jaegers as they think he ought to be."
Max Thorn: "Puts up an okay front, though."
Sam Spade: "Not as far as I know, but there's been something off about him."
Ivan: "Hmm. But he trust you. That good sign."
Ivan begins walking along the edge of town. "So! Talk while we walk, da?"
Sam Spade: "It is! And he saw things he probably shouldn't have, and he's still willing to walk away and trust us to come back to him."
Ivan: "Can not help but think I see him before. But no, would remember someone that young."
Esme: "He's… proven to be somewhat better than the others, so he's ok for now. For now."
Jack Layfield: "I figured I'd wait and see to figure out what my mom has to say about Tim. She has a… unique perspective."
Jack Layfield: "In that she's totally awesome."
Max Thorn: "…We did, uh, learn that he's related to their boss, though. Somehow."
Ivan: "…oh so? And you say he is 'Tim'?"
Max Thorn: "'s what he identified himself to us as."
Ivan frowns. "Hmm. This could be wery good, or wery WERY bad."
Sam Spade: "He's apparently *slight hesitation* their boss's clone, which we don't know if that means he's a clone of their boss, or a clone that belongs in some way to their boss."
Ivan halts.
Sam Spade: "Quite."
Ivan: "…clone, you say."
Ivan looks at Sam with a haunted face.
Ivan: "Am thinking lean toward bad."
Sam Spade: "Two TJs have said it."
Jack Layfield: "Yeah but Jaegers are nuts the lot of them, no idea what they're actually saying is the truth. Could just be messing with the kid."
Esme: "That's kind of the impression we've been getting so far."
Sam Spade: "Aaaand I agree with you."
Ivan resumes walking. "How much you know about Mewtwo Wars?"
Jack Layfield: "If it's bad news, then it's unradical, but there's no reason to act like it will be terrible."
Sam Spade: "Not much. We were told they were really bad, but that they had ended years ago. But the Missingno said that they haven't ended yet, which makes sense."
Sam Spade: "…As long as you start to realize that the TJs invading Amoda is part of a continuation of the wars."
Max Thorn: "Just what was in the history class I took, but you know how those've been, ah…*adjusted* since Team Jaeger took over, I think."
Ivan: "Da. You must seek truth of matter."
Ivan: "Have seen this pattern before."
Jack Layfield: "Don't think to hard, feel your way through. That's the Layfield family way."
Sam Spade: "And everyone in Amoda knows that Dojji was destroyed, but the TJs are from Dojji, so either everyone was lied to - not impossible - or something really weird happened to Dojji."
Max Thorn: "Or both."
Ivan: "Depends on weirdness threshold."
Sam Spade: "Yes."
Max Thorn: "Until otherwise informed, I'm going to go with 'both'."
Ivan: "Tell me. Hypothetically, now that we are far enough no one will hear."
Ivan: "How, in theory, might you try to kill a Mewtwo?"
Ivan: "Or several?"
Max Thorn: "Only if it's a threat to me'n'mine."
Ivan: "Let's say it's taken as one."
Ivan: "As, say, threat to all Amoda."
Max Thorn: "Ah. Well. At all costs, then."
Sam Spade frowns
Ivan: "Which, as the classes hopefully still teach, refused to make its own Mewtwos."
Sam Spade: "They're really powerful pokemon, right? But…not invincible."
Max Thorn: "If there's no other way to neutralize the threat."
Ivan: "Yes, but how?"
Max Thorn: "Overwhelming force?"
Ivan shakes his head. "Tried that."
Esme: "Imprisonment?"
Ivan: "Tried that too."
Max Thorn: "Beguilement?"
Max Thorn: "Or…my personal favourite: Friendship."
Ivan smiles. Somehow his smile seems colder than the ice. "Indeed. Kill by friendship."
Ivan: "Mewtwo have…weak point. Unique to them."
Sam Spade: "Why does that sound so very ominous?"
Ivan: "Been many year since had to think about this."
Ivan: "Was hoping would be many more, or never again."
Jack Layfield: "Because he's talking about the kid."
Max Thorn: "And the egg he's carrying."
Ivan: "Tim? No. But the OTHER kid…"
Ivan: "Of course. No is kid no more, da?"
Jack Layfield: "Wait wait wait… Team Jaeger's leader had a mewtwo, is that what you're saying?"
Ivan looks to the sky. "You head north, da? Dojoholm, Rustle Fields, Fort Blaston, these are on your agenda?"
Ivan: "These places have history. Look it up when there."
Ivan: "If you are unlucky, Team Jaeger's leader will still be there when you arrive."
Ivan: "'Had'…is being wrong word, I fear."
Jack gulps.
Ivan: "But could be wrong. This something you will need to see for yourself. Assess truth of matter."
Sam Spade: "That's the plan."
Max Thorn: "That seems to fit our itinerary, yes."
Ivan: "But enough talk of doom and gloom. Now we talk dark! Nest is being just over there."
Esme: "Plenty of truths to uncover, and discoveries to make, yes."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License